Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,897 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus (37780 Views)

Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Female Footballer Courtney Dike Rejects $7,000 Bonus From Fg / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: FG Kicks Out Bi-courtney, Award Contracts To Berger, RC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by veraniky(f): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
smiley
IYANGBALI:
Wale slap dat hediot for me
IYANGBALI:
Wale slap dat hediot for me
.........lwkm...
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by preselect(m): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
she shoulda taken it and given it to charity. . . . now some crook in abuja will die de cash angry

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
olapluto:
These are the type of people Nigerians need to start promoting. Rather than giving publicity to thieves and criminals. The girl played her heart out because she still believes in this country. We have people like her all over the country. Only problem is that our voices are being downed by the lousy criminals.
...if there are still a few people who think like u,there is still hope for this country...God bless u.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
It may also be for legal reasons. In the US college sports player are not allowed to earn wages.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Werehkpe: 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
I dont think she is from a poor family o.

Playing for Nigeria is bigger than any monetary value. Walai, by the time she don mature, she will regret not collecting the money.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
plutto44:
pls i nid mikel and co cell numbers,they nid to hear this

Thank you! This is what we should be talking about here!

See the attitude of Nigerians on this thread? Is it little wonder then that our super eagles go to World Cup and stay awake till 2am sharing money even though they have a World Cup second round match later that day?

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by slex(m): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
If this is true courtney,i wish to marry you. You are the kind of woman that my future kids need . Not all those bleaching runz girls leeching all over lagos

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by bosun11(m): 12:00am On Nov 06, 2014
there is something fishy about this story mehn !!! dont believe this...mba !!
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by mecussey(m): 12:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Somebody use that money dey arrange isi ewu at Niccon Nuger by now. The girl is simply afraid to collect blood money from Nigeria.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Jorgen: 12:27am On Nov 06, 2014
All those accusing Igbos of loving money should come and read this post.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by toprealman: 12:48am On Nov 06, 2014
Abeg jari make I hear word!
Why not take the money and give it to charity? Too young to earn 'that much'? Just trying to be too nice if you ask me.
Unfortunately such people no dey do me.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Vic2k3(m): 12:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Make Keshi drop Mikel and call this girl up. She is more patriotic than most super eagles players.

3 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nmeri17: 2:26am On Nov 06, 2014
*In lil Wayne's voice* too much money ain't enough money tongue last bullet: the girl Don fall guys hand wella -__-
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by 9jalyte: 4:16am On Nov 06, 2014
berem:
Good intentions of sacrificing for your country. Instead of rejecting the money,why not donate it to orphanages who will benefit from the money most? By rejecting the money, it gets stolen by criminals in government. It doesn't make sense abeg!!

Your line of thought reminds me of what Judas said when Mary Magdalene poured expensive perfume on the leg of Jesus. To Judas, she should have donated the perfume so that it could be sold and the money used to help the poor. Just like Jesus responded to Judas, I will say same to you " she had done that which is more honorable". I am sorry to say this, it is because our nation is filled with people like you that we lack national heroes. The singular act of the young lady has made it clear that you should not fail in performing the expected honorable duties to your nation because others will not do theirs right. What matters is the message she had passed across.

the Painful thing is that you are one of the key " lamenters" about lack of good leaders in Nigeria. This shows you can not make a good leader your self, since you do not understand the importance of selfless service to the state. It is good you keep showing your true colours.

3 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by raphy(m): 5:28am On Nov 06, 2014
the girl have made naija proud.and his families are proud of her as well.she is too good to be true.i hope the male learn from her.and jonathan must give her national honor for this.i believe she will not reject the honor.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by michaelmo11(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2014
Some people shouldn't misinterprete what happened, the lady rejected the allowances(i.e bonuses) not her salary. Btw this has been known for a while like 2-3 weeks back,
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by michaelmo11(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Horayce:
It may also be for legal reasons. In the US college sports player are not allowed to earn wages.
ogbeni gbagbe legal reasons it is a gift from the fed govt 2 d girl, d girl collected her wages for playing @ d world cup not the bonuses.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by jaydee87(m): 8:12am On Nov 06, 2014
if what I read is true then I must say well done miss dike
at least we still have people that are proud to be Nigerians
unlike the male counterparts that refuse to play because of 5000$
instead of calling her names I tink those that need to be ashamed are the super eagle
but really if she can collect the money and use it to help the less privilege it would be avoid idea.....
well done courtney dike. proud of you....
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by emeka2121: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2014
Courtney i think the best is to give that money to those that need it most, such as people in orphanage homes they need it pass those people in that so called glass house, even in your fathers compound or village i know that there are that may need this money.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Psalmwise(m): 9:35am On Nov 06, 2014
naw dose potbelly baba's for glass house go dey feast on d money....

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Peterscoded: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2014
1.2million yee paa oluwa ooo
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Kingstaplus(m): 10:10am On Nov 06, 2014
Nawa o, just like that?
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by PointB: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2014
InglishTeechar:

I think your stupidity wear bow tie, it is her decision not accept the money...you should respect her courage to lead by example, it is crazy people like you that will still blame the super eagles for always asking for money before playing for Nigeria as if that is what their european colleagues do...this is why they dont perform well.

You should be addressing the NFF to give the money to the motherless and not come here and start commenting total rubbish...you talk as if your brain is under your foot. Mumu.

Have a good look at the mirror, and see the one you are addressing.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by toideve(m): 10:43am On Nov 06, 2014
the money too small
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Cityguy: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2014
Thank you young lady. You are the best. Was shocked we still have people who love this country, contented with their 'morsel' knowing blessing comes from God and He will surely bless you. If you've not refused the money, we would not be talking about you here today but you've set an example, made name for yourself and I tell you, long after now, we'll still reference this your noble act. Those who embezzle it have been doing it years and years back and they've never been satisfied cos they can't ever be. It's a lesson for anyone; good pays and so does evil.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2014
michaelmo11:

ogbeni gbagbe legal reasons it is a gift from the fed govt 2 d girl, d girl collected her wages for playing @ d world cup not the bonuses.
From the way the article was worded the parents and the girl dis not see the point of any financial reward. So what other wages were paid to her?
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by miquelon(m): 12:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
tit:

it is not a salary.
it is a gift.
all she has to do is declare the gift in accordance with the NCAA rules.
cant someone buy them a hamburger again?

yh but she didnt get it for her performance as a student athlete. Apart from any apperance fees agreed with the nff, anything else especially bonuses/sponsorship is seen as comp
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by ElFenomeno1: 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
Well done lady.

Courtney is a Gee!
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by alphawg(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
shockwave91:

i dey tell u, silly gal like dis. Instead of say make she carry d money dissappear she dey do gud gal. Nw she has made mr shitnick 1.2m richa....mtcheww
I jst wan use horse whip flog amaju 4 head. @ least once. Daft man
u funny guy
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by samflex(m): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
slex:
If this is true courtney,i wish to marry you. You are the kind of woman that my future kids need . Not all those bleaching runz girls leeching all over lagos

LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill / Herdsmen Attack Motorists In Eruwa, Oyo. Angry Residents Burn Fulani Settlement / Buhari Storms Kogi For Campaign Rally (Viewer's Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.