Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus (37770 Views)

Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Female Footballer Courtney Dike Rejects $7,000 Bonus From Fg / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: FG Kicks Out Bi-courtney, Award Contracts To Berger, RC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Tompeters(m): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
samflex:
They're financially ok not like some poverty stricken comments I'm seeing here
like seriously i don't know y some people can't just appreciate her for what she did... Poverty is really bad oh... I was even touched by what she did.. How many players play for the pride these days.. Nice comment bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by highmood(m): 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
SANCTO:
Initially my thought was "Igbos love money more than themselves" but Courtney, Late Prof. Dora Akunyili and the taxi driver that received National award because of returning money , proved me wrong. These are rare things that nobody from any other tribe in Nigeria (including my tribe Urhobo)have ever done. Igbos are being envied due to their industriousness - i conclude.
I love ur comment. Its just beautiful and honest!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
MissMeiya:

It's not her fault. She was raised abroad. That's why I said she's naive. She's a good girl.
yes she's a good girl. Probably she's not aware how corrupt our government is. I won't blame her though.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by reemix123(m): 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
A

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Sanguine77(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
kasiem:
i think say igbo people love money pass god?
You can now see that the immoral hankering for filthy lucre is an individual thingy.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by lacord5: 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
Abeg make una leave the girl alone. She doesn't want to take the money period. It is her decision and not naive either. It's a bonus not wage and she duly rejected it. Her taking it wouldn't stop our leaders from being corrupt or looting money, it makes no difference either way. She chose to stand her ground and has distinguished by her act so Biko spare her. As for orphans and less privileged she isn't in anyway responsible for them and owe them no obligation. Whatever she decides to do for the less privileged in future she can do so with the money she earns not necessarily with this rejected bonus. 1.2 million will not change the lives of all the orphans in our country, go and task Dangote and Adenuga to help orphans from their billions.
I am impressed at her patriotism. Well done girl!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Sanguine77(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
SANCTO:
Initially my thought was "Igbos love money more than themselves" but Courtney, Late Prof. Dora Akunyili and the taxi driver that received National award because of returning money , proved me wrong. These are rare things that nobody from any other tribe in Nigeria (including my tribe Urhobo)have ever done. Igbos are being envied due to their industriousness - i conclude.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by highmood(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
BanditC:
Patriotism gone wrong. Kids are starving and orphans are crying not knowing where the next meal would come from. Donate that money to them and help a noble cause instead of making the looters at NFF 1.2 Million naira richer.

This is gross s.t.u.p.i.d.i.t.y.
to hell with donations. Are we not Nigerians? How are u sure the same money will get to those starving or those orphans without getting lost in the hands of those that are the custodians of those starving people or orphans? Are u now thinking those custodians are saints or they aren't the same product of our society? It's not a gross stupidity but maybe you may be unconscious to think in such manner.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Godson32(m): 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
This is to show u that in ibo land its not all about the money.

4 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by teejah03(m): 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
It doest make sense joor...maybe overhappy dey do am...
berem:
Good intentions of sacrificing for your country. Instead of rejecting the money,why not donate it to orphanages who will benefit from the money most? By rejecting the money, it gets stolen by criminals in government. It doesn't make sense abeg!!
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by msmon(m): 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
In as much as I really appreciate the kind gesture from this beautiful young lady to decline the monetary inducement from NFF, I believe she made a wrong decision. She could have collect the money and donate to charity like people has rightly said here.
Also, she may not be aware that she just allow inferiority complex set in the mind of her teammates.
In all honesty, she deserves a national award for this alone,
the FG will rather give award to those politifcians like them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by mddude(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
By law she cannot take the money. She is a student athlete and under NCAA rule she is not allowed to take the money. I dont understand why the parents will say the untruth about her being too young to take such money.

The truth is that you will jettison your eligibility rule with the NCAA if you take any money - Bonuses or no bonuses. You cant even take the money to donate to anyone. She is an OK State University student and if she still wants to play for OK State she has to reject the money.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
nigerianvenom:

http://www.futaa.com/football/article/falconets-star-declines-n12m-world-cup-bonus

ipaidabribenaija.com/news/item/112230-falconets-courtney-dike-rejects-world-cup-n12m-bonus
She resembled Bright Dike like twins
Last Bullet
She rejected the money because she doesn't need it!
If she's poor, she'll take it!
The money was a gift, not a bribe!
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
halmeyd:
Na diz kind dedicated players we nid in d super eagles,nt all doz pot-bellied,unpatriotic nd lazy farmers-turned-footballerz we have in d supa eagles, i even heard dat dey even fight d NFF 4 losing-bonus.

Who offend you ?
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by watchindelta(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
me dash nigeria government money na witch grin grin grin grin dat money don enter voice mail shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by mensdept: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
Good move, now lets see what the useless NFA/NFF will do with this surplus. Maybe clean up Abuja stadium grass

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by watchindelta(m): 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
highmood:
to hell with donations. Are we not Nigerians? How are u sure the same money will get to those starving or those orphans without getting lost in the hands of those that are the custodians of those starving people or orphans? Are u now thinking those custodians are saints or they aren't the same product of our society? It's not a gross stupidity but maybe you may be unconscious to think in such manner.
u funy oh+ the children no dey chop? atleast the children go still chop from d money small na shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by lacidi: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
Could it be that she rejected it because she is still a college football player under the NCAA in the USA? The NCAA rules prohibit any athlete from collecting gifts or compensation for participating in any event or for endorsements. So maybe she was trying to avoid a ban from playing College Soccer in the USA. Just my thought though.

The two stories in the links below can throw more light on this:
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/28/148610494 ... e-athletes

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/georgias-todd-gurley-suspended-4-133220180--ncaaf.html

4 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Emilord(m): 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
Tell that gal that i want to marry her

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by brainpower(m): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
Trailblazer1:

Your moniker and that shit you posted are in contrast.

Our super-rich super eagles players refused to train until all allowances are paid. But here is a little girl who is not motivated by money to serve her father land.
This is the first of its kind in Nigeria.
Courtney Dike has sent a strong message across to all our athletes and future sports representatives.(PATRIOTISM)

Does she deserve criticisms? No

She's a hero and should be celebrated.

I understand where you are coming from. I never said she isn't a hero but I feel the money would have been put to better use if she took it and gave it out to the needy cos its still those at the glass house that will finally take the money. You wouldn't like a situation where your good intentions are being taken advantage of by those that even deserve it.

If she rejected the money based on some grievances then its ok to leave it with them but since its a sign of goodwill for the country that's why I think otherwise. Anyway didn't mean to offend you. Its a good thing she did, we need more people like her but my take is that she left it in the wrong hands.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by TS2(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
Good intentions of sacrificing for your country. Instead of rejecting the money,why not donate it to orphanages who will benefit from the money most? By rejecting the money, it gets stolen by criminals in government. It doesn't make sense abeg!!

It is not the same thing aunty.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
mddude:
By law she cannot take the money. She is a student athlete and under NCAA rule she is not allowed to take the money. I dont understand why the parents will say the untruth about her being too young to take such money.

The truth is that you will jettison your eligibility rule with the NCAA if you take any money - Bonuses or no bonuses. You cant even take the money to donate to anyone. She is an OK State University student and if she still wants to play for OK State she has to reject the money.

So true. That was my initial opinion too.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by brainpower(m): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
killercute16:
Very wrong @ bolded....shez still schooling,she just love representing her country and she loves playing football cuz its her hubby.

That's good of her. Didn't know she wasn't playing full time. And I'm not against what she did, I like it but its more like I'm feeling for her cos the people she left the money to don't deserve it, they will still share the money. I said the story might not be true cos she's supposed to know how greedy those men at the glass house are but you just gave me a new info about her and that's why she doesn't know. Tis all good.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by charasho(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
A simple question 4 does saying she should donate d money. R u now saying dat this institutions u r asking her 2 give d money 2 r corruption free?.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by maximilano: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
Na wa o see what poverty has done to peoples mentality....

You can Neva satisfy Nigerians
God help Us
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by funshyboi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
if no be say na better person, I go call am mumu
you don call her mumu already nau !
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by franklingud(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
See her face like tortoise, u for collect d money and give am to orphanages or give am ur poor relative.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by ndidibabe(f): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
Smart girl. She prefers an 00N.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:

We have the same mind, she should have collected the money and gives it to charity or Orphanage home, the money will end up in some Ba.stard pocket which will be use to recharge their BB, Girlfriends in abbuja Hotels

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by kenex4ever(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
BanditC:
Patriotism gone wrong. Kids are starving and orphans are crying not knowing where the next meal would come from. Donate that money to them and help a noble cause instead of making the looters at NFF 1.2 Million naira richer.

This is gross s.t.u.p.i.d.i.t.y.
Y r u jumping into conclusion, do u know if she has been giving a lot to orphanage? A celebrity will buy an expensive item and u guys shouts "y not give d money to d poor" as if u know how much d person has given to the poor... Abeg make una free d girl jor, she didn't reject d money because she wants d NFF to be richer but for it to b on d record dat she is not playing for nigeria just for d money involved.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by veraiyke(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Wow! This is a tremendous display of character,discipline n national service. I am humbled. Kudos to d beautiful lady.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by class0247: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
This Ibadan Dude with Headphones on has been screaming 'OLASANMI'..it was until I unplugged d headphones that I knew it was 'ALL EYES ON ME

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings / Fact-check: Atiku Was Born A Cameroonian - Premium Times / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.