Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus (37543 Views)

Saraki Group Rejects APC Primaries As Lawan Emerges Winner, See Press Release / Female Footballer Courtney Dike Rejects $7,000 Bonus From Fg / Lagos-ibadan Expressway: FG Kicks Out Bi-courtney, Award Contracts To Berger, RC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by BlackPeni5: 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
Good intentions of sacrificing for your country. Instead of rejecting the money,why not donate it to orphanages who will benefit from the money most? By rejecting the money, it gets stolen by criminals in government. It doesn't make sense abeg!!

Maybe you should also ask General Buhari to donate his rejected salary to charities.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by festwiz(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Abeg make i hear word, fowl talk say e no dey piss e kon dey miss am with shit make e resemble better thing.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by tellwisdom: 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Peanut sad...increase it and see if she wont grab it undecided
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
BlackPeni5:

Maybe you should also ask General Buhari to donate his rejected salary to charities.
Shut up you dickhead! This thread is about Courtney Dike and not Buhari.

angry

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by femi4: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
brainpower:
There's something not quite right with this story. She worked hard to earn this money and yet she refused. This isn't about patriotism, its about working and getting paid. This is her profession, its like journalists that are employed by the govt to say they don't need their money cos they were happy to have worked for their country. Why not give the money to the needy rather than leaving it in the hands of those greedy men at glass house. Anyway she has her reasons if this story is true o.
Football is not her profession, its her hobby. She is still in College

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by eunisam: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
Honestly i love this diko not for her fame but she is just the product i like consuming.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by plainol(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
by the time someone told her the money was embezzled, then she would know she made the right gesture in the wrong country.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by edgyslim: 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
samflex:
They're financially ok not like some poverty stricken comments I'm seeing here

Lol bro. This has cracked me up a little

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by frankyychiji(f): 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
Good intentions of sacrificing for your country. Instead of rejecting the money,why not donate it to orphanages who will benefit from the money most? By rejecting the money, it gets stolen by criminals in government. It doesn't make sense abeg!!
Tell that to Buhari whom you rumour collects only 10% of his monthly allowance as ex-head of state from the FG. Double standard!

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
She is not stúpid, she's just naive. I was once that optimistic about Nigeria.

But all of you cursing her were cheering the Greek players who refused their World Cup bonuses. Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by kamez(m): 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
She should have collected the money and personally donate to charity...

Now these NFF criminals will share her money amongst themselves..

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Trailblazer1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
brainpower:
There's something not quite right with this story. She worked hard to earn this money and yet she refused. This isn't about patriotism, its about working and getting paid. This is her profession, its like journalists that are employed by the govt to say they don't need their money cos they were happy to have worked for their country. Why not give the money to the needy rather than leaving it in the hands of those greedy men at glass house. Anyway she has her reasons if this story is true o.

Your moniker and that shit you posted are in contrast.

Our super-rich super eagles players refused to train until all allowances are paid. But here is a little girl who is not motivated by money to serve her father land.
This is the first of its kind in Nigeria.
Courtney Dike has sent a strong message across to all our athletes and future sports representatives.(PATRIOTISM)

Does she deserve criticisms? No

She's a hero and should be celebrated.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
All you Hypocrites insulting her patriotism how many of you have donated to charity or helped someone in need financially??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by GMD09(f): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Make she use am sow seed or help GMB pay em loan
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by SANCTO: 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
Initially my thought was "Igbos love money more than themselves" but Courtney, Late Prof. Dora Akunyili and the taxi driver that received National award because of returning money , proved me wrong. These are rare things that nobody from any other tribe in Nigeria (including my tribe Urhobo)have ever done. Igbos are being envied due to their industriousness - i conclude.

12 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by killercute16(m): 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
kasiem:
i think say igbo people love money pass god?
we just prove that quote wrong....instead we are just hardworking.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Pluslargent(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Its easy at first thought to say she should av collected and donated the money to charity but my 2 cents opinion i feel 1.2milli is a small price to pay for the lesson of patriotism this little girl has thought our sports men and public office holders alike.
I only pray her seeds of her actions today will bring in a great harvest of selflessness acts for country tommorow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by killercute16(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
halmeyd:
Na diz kind dedicated players we nid in d super eagles,nt all doz pot-bellied,unpatriotic nd lazy farmers-turned-footballerz we have in d supa eagles, i even heard dat they even fight d NFF 4 losing-bonus.
LWKMD

3 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Trailblazer1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
Maybe she should have kept the money until when Buhari takes over the government before she can return it, since it will be safer with a buhari led government.

BTW, have you ever donated to orphanages in your entire life?

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by killercute16(m): 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
Slonge2:
Courtney dike, will you. Marry me?

Anyone that rejects 1.4 million must have 1 billion somewhere...
Anoda funny unserious fellow.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by MRMICKMEN: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
kasiem:
i think say igbo people love money pass god?

you think?but now you know.
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by BlackPeni5: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
Shut up you dickhead! This thread is about Courtney Dike and not Buhari.

angry

Whoever is involved is not important...The concept is the same.

Your statement clearly reflects the bias that occurs when you support someone blindly.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by killercute16(m): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
brainpower:
Very wrong @ bolded....shez still schooling,she just love representing her country and she loves playing football cuz its her hubby.

5 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by MRMICKMEN: 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
SANCTO:
Initially my thought was "Igbos love money more than themselves" but Courtney, Late Prof. Dora Akunyili and the taxi driver that received National award because of returning money , proved me wrong. These are rare things that nobody from any other tribe in Nigeria (including my tribe Urhobo)have ever done. Igbos are being envied due to their industriousness - i conclude.
GBU neva generalize.its well with thy soul
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by highmood(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
its not bad that she did what she thinks its right? Ppl sef! I read ur post most times and I find out that most of ur response are left handed.- bad, not good enough etc. Lady, the girl have done her part based on what she feels or what her parents who I believe is well to do requested of her. It is left for those in charge to take the money to those boko haram victims in d north, or have u now forgotten u normally criticize d govt for not doing enough to ease thier plight or maybe to some orphanages away from Lagos, Abuja or PH. What she did is a simple test to our mindset. We can now read ppls comments and even watch those in authority.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
MissMeiya:
She is not stúpid, she's just naive. I was once that optimistic about Nigeria.

But all of you cursing her were cheering the Greek players who refused their World Cup bonuses. Shame on you.
with the high rate of corruption going on in NFF,they do not deserved to be dashed $7,000. That's the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by reemix123(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
mikeansy:

rather than question the young woman's wonderful gesture to her country

why not lead a campaign and ask the NFF to donate that money to charity?

We know that our leaders are corrupt but they are a reflection of our society

Why when it was not the persons intention to donate the money to charity
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by simpleseyi: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
This lady is teaching you and I what it means to be patriotic. Our president and his nuclear family are using over 1 billion naira to eat yearly while a regular girl doing all for her dear country.

4 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Goke7: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
NFF's head of competitions, Dr Sanusi Mohammed, revealed that the federation is shocked at Courtney's refusal and the position of her family not to collect the money.

Why is the federation shocked? of course it looks so strange to the nff, the reason for all the crisis so far in the glass house, a little girl teaching elders how to behave and comport themselves, what a shame.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by ojayfrancis(m): 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
Chazzyboy:
My daughter I need that money
hahaha
Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
berem:
with the high rate of corruption going on in NFF,they do not deserved to be dashed $7,000. That's the difference.

It's not her fault. She was raised abroad. That's why I said she's naive. She's a good girl.

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Rejects N1.2M World Cup bonus by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2014
Goke7:
NFF's head of competitions, Dr Sanusi Mohammed, revealed that the federation is shocked at Courtney's refusal and the position of her family not to collect the money.

Why is the federation shocked? of course it looks so strange to the nff, the reason for all the crisis so far in the glass house, [size=18pt]a little girl teaching elders how to behave and comport themselves[/size], what a shame.

Yes ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Aide Reacts To Aisha Alhassan's Comment On Buhari, APC, 2019 / Security Agents Block NASS Entrance, Prevent Senators, Staff From Entering / Masked ESN Member Tells FG To Bring Kanu To Court On 21st October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.