Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? (3567 Views)

Why Do Married Men Have Extramarital Affairs / How Easy Is It Falling Inlove With Someone You Once Disliked. / How Easy Is It To Forget The One You Lost Your Virginity To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
As sweet as having a taste of as many gorgeous ladies as possible might be, I still feel we ought to respect our marital vows.

I pray and hope I'll be a good dad and an awesome husband that'll say NO to infidelity. Nevertheless, the kind of life married men around me live makes me doubt if I'll be able to be that husband I hope to be especially when one is exposed to a whole lot of adventure before marriage.

Another concern, is the fact that it will have to be that same woman year after year. Hmmm! And I'm just imagining if one won't be bored and try out some external adventures especially when one has unlimited access to very prepossessing young ladies.

Married Men, how has the journey been? How easy has it been to say NO to all those toothpick-legged girls?
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by mkoabiola: 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
Let me read n learn frm d real men b4 I join d club soon while I enjuy d baby oku drink.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by karmaleon: 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
Who ever said it was easy

Any man that isn't well disciplined with an appreciable self-control and respect for women will find it pretty hard... Once married, his focus is to remain focused. If not... hmmm... The story won't be for just the gods alone
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 06, 2014
Very easy!

Once he revert back to wearing pants... So there won't be any silly movement down dere grin

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 12:07am On Nov 06, 2014
[qu ote author=Boc4real post=27763982]Very easy!

Once he revert back to wearing pants... So there won't be any silly movement down dere grin[/quote] this gentleman aint serious. Lmao
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by MaleoPearls(m): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2014
Try being faithful in a long term relationship then you shall be in a life-long marriage. It takes the Grace of God though.

5 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by naijaboiy: 12:32am On Nov 06, 2014
it has not been easy,,i tell you.

But God dey sha smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by mesoade(m): 1:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Hit like if you're single and came to read comments.

7 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by shortgun(m): 1:32am On Nov 06, 2014
Don't think dat been married means you will get se.x anytime you want it frm ya wify most times women(married) use se.x as a weapon/bargaining chip....... this is counter productive.

There are times when your lovely wedded wife will deny you..... u definitely will look elsewhere, body nobi wood.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by shortgun(m): 1:33am On Nov 06, 2014
Don't think dat been married means you will get se.x anytime you want it,frm ya wify most times women(married) use se.x as a weapon/bargaining chip....... this is counter productive.

There are times when your lovely wedded wife will deny you..... u definitely will look elsewhere, body nobi wood.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 5:29am On Nov 06, 2014
shortgun:
Don't think dat been married means you will get se.x anytime you want it frm ya wify most times women(married) use se.x as a weapon/bargaining chip....... this is counter productive.

Are you kidding me? You mean some wives deliberately deny their husbands? For what reasons? For not dropping enough money to take care of her and her kids?
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by prettyjo(f): 5:34am On Nov 06, 2014
shortgun:
Don't think dat been married means you will get se.x anytime you want it,frm ya wify most times women(married) use se.x as a weapon/bargaining chip....... this is counter productive.

this is where maturity comes into play.that someone's wife denied him sex does not give him the right to look elsewhere.She might have her reasons of saying no and the husband should respect her decisions.#besides,sex is not food #.

Any man who looks elsewhere cos his wife denied him of sex,is not a responsible man

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2014
naijaboiy:
it has not been easy,,i tell you.

But God dey sha smiley
what steps do you think a man can take (before and after marrying her) to be double sure he won't consider cheating on his wife? Are there precautionary measures that can work at all?
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Tallesty1(m): 5:50am On Nov 06, 2014
It all starts while you are dating.

There is nothing like "When I marry, I will change".

If you can't control yourself when you are single then it will be difficult for you when you marry.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:59am On Nov 06, 2014
It's not easy at all, to be faithful in a marriage situation nowadays is very hard, that's why cheating is so rampart.

During the time of our parents, you hardly hear cases of infidelity.

This generation is something else.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:01am On Nov 06, 2014
It's not easy at all, to be faithful in a marriage situation nowadays is very hard, that's why cheating is so rampart.

During the time of our parents, you hardly hear cases of infidelity.

This generation is something else. I'm no saint, I MAY cheat on my spouse, but i just hope that doesn't happen.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by JayKaba(m): 6:06am On Nov 06, 2014
No married man is above temptation. Yes, you will be tempted even after marriage. Some secrets to remaining faithful:

- Stay completely away from all ex-girlfriends (cut all contacts)
- Consider how you would feel if your wife cheats on you
- Weigh the consequences of being caught
- Make conscious effort not to initiate an extra marital relationship
- Be content with your choice (your wife)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:11am On Nov 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
It all starts while you are dating.

There is nothing like "When I marry, I will change".

If you can't control yourself when you are single then it will be difficult for you when you marry.
Yes! We are aware of that fact but I wouldn't want you to forget that some men always have only one girlfriend at a time and when they marry, they won't even stay up to a year in the marriage before they start misbehaving
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by passionate88: 6:16am On Nov 06, 2014
Olutola88:

Married Men, how has the journey been? How easy has it been to say NO to all those toothpick-legged girls?
The man is supposed to avoid them.. It's very rare for some Nigerian girl to approach a married man..
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Tallesty1(m): 6:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Olutola88:
Yes! We are aware of that fact but I wouldn't want you to forget that some men always have only one girlfriend at a time and when they marry, they won't even stay up to a year in the marriage before they start misbehaving
Having one girlfriend at a time is not issue.

How long did the relationship last?
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by passionate88: 6:19am On Nov 06, 2014
shortgun:

True
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by 2goodbobo(m): 6:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Hmmmmmm my brother it has not been easy but I thank God that so far I have not cheat on my wife of one year and I pray it stays that way. Having siad that, it takes discipline and the grace of God not to fall into that temptation.

99.9% of my married friends cheat on their wives and I try as much as possible not to stay with them when they are hanging out and once I close from work,I run home to my beautiful wife.

However, it is important to note that marrying the finest woman on earth does not stop some men from cheating neither do married men get sex all the time cos their are times wifey will be too tired to give it and the highest I can do is to wear a longface.

Their are so many times that I see or come accross beautiful single and married Ladies|women and I will be like »wow this girl is hotttttttt but then I will try my best and look the other way. Also there are times Ladies who knows am married, make passes at me but I try to ignore the signs and invitation even thou I must confess is not easy to reject offer from beautiful ladies but then again it takes discipline. Finally, I pray God will give me everlasting grace not to fall into this temptation called infidelity giving the fact that some single ladies don't see anything wrong in dating married Men. Finally, If someone had told me I will be faithful to my wife thus far, I would have doubted it because during my single days, I was a big time player and their was no time that I date one girl at a time, I was always juggling them concurrently + I can't even place a finger on the number of ladies I dated and bedded but today I give God the praise cos I have become and better man and a faithful Husband. It's doable and yes married men can stay faithful if they really want to!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2014
JayKaba:
No married man is above temptation. Yes, you will be tempted even after marriage. Some secrets to remaining faithful:

- Stay completely away from all ex-girlfriends (cut all contacts)
- Consider how you would feel if your wife cheats on you
- Weigh the consequences of being caught
- Make conscious effort not to initiate an extra marital relationship
- Be content with your choice (your wife)
Thanks for the incisive points sir. Nevertheless I think

- Even if the man stays completely away from all ex girlfriends, he will still meet new ones. In fact, some of them might be the one making advances.

- The “how I will feel if my wife does same” is the last thought that will cross most men's mind when they want to embark on this terrible journey of infidelity. Especially in this part of the world where we believe men are polygamous in nature, where we have the belief that it is still pardonable for a man to be unfaithful in marriage, where have many cases of POLYGYNY and POLYANDRY remains a taboo.
- When it comes to going to the boneyard, we men “mostly think with our third leg”. We would have gone three rounds before thinking of consequences. In fact, most men believe there are no penalties for being caught just because they are double sure they will only apologize to their wives.
-As to the conscious efforts to avoid such act, Sir, I'll need you to give a list of some workable ones.

Thanks once again
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Eyop: 6:41am On Nov 06, 2014
2goodbobo:
Hmmmmmm my brother it has not been easy but I thank God that so far I have not cheat on my wife of one year and I pray it stays that way. Having siad that, it takes discipline and the grace of God not to fall into that temptation.

99.9% of my married friends cheat on their wives and I try as much as possible not to stay with them when they are hanging out and once I close from work,I run home to my beautiful wife.

However, it is important to note that marrying the finest woman on earth does not stop some men from cheating neither do married men get sex all the time cos their are times wifey will be too tired to give it and the highest I can do is to wear a longface.

Their are so many times that I see or come accross beautiful single and married Ladies|women and I will be like »wow this girl is hotttttttt but then I will try my best and look the other way. Also there are times Ladies who knows am married, make passes at me but I try to ignore the signs and invitation even thou I must confess is not easy to reject offer from beautiful ladies but then again it takes discipline. Finally, I pray God will give me everlasting grace not to fall into this temptation called infidelity giving the fact that some single ladies don't see anything wrong in dating married Men. Finally, If someone had told me I will be faithful to my wife thus far, I would have doubted it because during my single days, I was a big time player and their was no time that I date one girl at a time, I was always juggling them concurrently + I can't even place a finger on the number of ladies I dated and bedded but today I give God the praise cos I have become and better man and a faithful Husband. It's doable and yes married men can stay faithful if they really want to!

Your marriage is just 1year so don't give praise or testify yet. You mentioned being a big time player so anything can still happen. Am not wishing you that anyway but wait another 5 years then you'll know wats up. Is like buying a brand new car,within 1 or 2years,it will still bubble ya brains but once it enters dunga stage,reality sets in. So wait before testifying. If you've been married for 10years and you never cheated on your partner,then that's when your testimony will be sweet but you are still a fresher bro. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2014
2goodbobo:

hmmm! If all said are true, I'll say I'm really exhilarated for you. I hope and pray you will be able to continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by wordbank(m): 6:43am On Nov 06, 2014
prettyjo:
this is where maturity comes into play.that someone's wife denied him sex does not give him the right to look elsewhere.She might have her reasons of saying no and the husband should respect her decisions.#besides,sex is not food #.

Any man who looks elsewhere cos his wife denied him of sex,is not a responsible man
It must be a lady that wrote d note above

1 Like

Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:51am On Nov 06, 2014
wordbank:

It must be a lady that wrote d note above
lmao! What do you expect? Nevertheless, I don't think a woman will deny her husband just to punish him. More so, such issues won't even come up if they are true friends.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:52am On Nov 06, 2014
Eyop:

Your marriage is just 1year so don't give praise or testify yet. You mentioned being a big time player so anything can still happen. Am not wishing you that anyway but wait another 5 years then you'll know wats up. Is like buying a brand new car,within 1 or 2years,it will still bubble ya brains but once it enters dunga stage,reality sets in. So wait before testifying. If you've been married for 10years and you never cheated on your partner,then that's when your testimony will be sweet but you are still a fresher bro. Cheers
lol! This bros don press P
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by jnrbayano(m): 6:57am On Nov 06, 2014
No extra skill is needed to stay faithful, none at all. This is so to prevent one boasting about what one knows nothing about.

The grace of God is needed, it is free. Just it. Is that simple.

However, that grace which is needed requires a fertile land to be effective and efficient.

That fertile land is our being disciplined, prudent, self-controlled, will-power etc.

If we don't have the above, we should not dabble into that institution known as marriage.

Marriage is synonymous to fidelity, a true marriage though and fidelity is possible albeit its difficulty to achieve.
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Eyop: 6:57am On Nov 06, 2014
Olutola88:
lol! This bros don press P

My bro it's the truth now. Remember any new thing has Warranty which most times is 1 year grin. Let the warranty be over before testifying. I know of so many people that said even more than him but after warranty period,oya fill in the gap------- cheesy wink
Re: Married Men, How Easy Is It To Avoid Extramarital Affairs? by Olutola88(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
Having one girlfriend at a time is not issue.

How long did the relationship last?
no be small matter o! Around 6 years. And we've seen cases where big time bachelor perverts turned very faithful husbands after marriage( even if it's not rampant)

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Step Brother Have A Crush On Me / Why Are Guys So Cheap ...?? / All About A Man.... Respect Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.