Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters (71760 Views)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / The Many Lies Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And His Gang. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2014
barcanista:
As For the Refinery, Here is the Official Website of Warri Refinery http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/wrpc.aspx

Here are some Prominent Nigerians Contribution

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/wrpc.aspx

As much as I will commend you for arguing for the the Debt Payment Claim- (Though You made it look bogus), you flopped in your bid to play down the Budget Balance, Inflation Rate, GDP and the Refinery. Buhari as NNPC Chair Built the refinery, and you can't dispute this http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/wrpc.aspx

I think you should either give up or call for help... I just saw online that the lies didn't start from you. You actually copied it from other websites that is why it is very hard for you to defend, all you need to do is to take your time, do some research, ask for help and come back with a rebuttal. We are here to learn and put the record straight. Thanks

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by mrborntodoit: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2014
I just woke up to these good news, Barcanista aka APC Nairaland mouth piece being exposed grin grin grin

Nigerians deserve to know the truth so they can vote wisely, I will never vote for a lying and manipulative political party like APC .

Berem,egift,etc. , come and save your boss Barcanista grin

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by larrysng(m): 9:34am On Nov 06, 2014
@Barcanista please stop beating around the bush, accept defeat and let the devil be ashamed. You are trying to defend what you do not know and at the end shooting yourself on the leg. Even GMB knows that its GEJ till 2019 .

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Djicemob: 9:35am On Nov 06, 2014
datolee giving them APshits a whooping since 2014AD grin

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by EldaTimba(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2014
I am happy to be a follower of Datolee. I became his nairaland follower two days ago when he refuted the claims APC lying-machine Barcanista had on GEJwww.nairaland.com/post/27689166 . I hate it when you spew lies to repackage a COUPIST (bacanista called GMB that) as a democrat.

Lest I forget, Datolee, thanks for bringing out the truth.
Barcanista, enjoy Datolee's koboko.grin

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Candyrain(m): 10:02am On Nov 06, 2014
barcanista:
you again failed to tell us how the economy or the debt deteriorated under General Buhari, however you keep recycling the generic claim(1980-1985). I have tried to probe the CBN source for the detorriation but I couldn't find my hands on any. The article you used could be faulted(Though I am not faulting it not accepting it).

NIGERIA'S INFLATION as at Dec 1983 was at 22.222%

Buhari managed it to 3%

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1840206_inflation_jpeg3d28901d3c32217609c00131d11fe41a
http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/inflation_rate_(consumer_prices).html

I have a question pls Mr. Barcanista. The Nigeria inflation as at Dec 1983 was 22.222%, Buhari's full year as Head of State (1984) the inflation was 40.909% which I believe is the figure as at December 1984. The inflation rate is released on a monthly basis and the rate 3.226% is that of December 1985 (I stand to be corrected). Will you say that's the handiwork of Buhari since he left the office as the Head of State in August 27th, 1985?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by EldaTimba(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2014
Seun why now? Please don't let us bury the truth ooo. This one na front page material. In case it doesn't make FP, I am using this medium to call on all the progressives in the house ( Omenka berem obiagelli soroptimist gbawe
demdem keneking YungwizzzyPt7 Tundeajani
pendy79 Egift Gbame Ibnsultan and others.
). You master's Nairaland publicity secretary(barcanista) is falling. Kindly come with your foot soldiers to refute datolee's smackdown.

36 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Blackfire(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2014
wow @ op . if i say make plane of blessing fall on ya head,e go be like say we dey fight,anyway sango will bless u. wow

20 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2014
Let's get this cler. You raised issue on key areas....

1. The GDP under GMB, I was vindicated.

2. The inflation rate, Again my submission was vindicated

3. The External Debt: While you agreed that $50Million dollars was actually paid by GMB within few days(which I had hinged on), you went further to prove other debts persisted.. RIGHT.

4. The Refinery: This is where we are having an argument. I insist that GMB signed the contrct and supervised its implementation in its capacity as NNPC Chairman. The Warri Refinery website didn't disprove it. So also experts opinion. I stand by this. Thank God Obj is alive.

5. The Budget Issue which you brought frm SR:There was a great improvement in the budget balance and reduction in budget deficit during his time.
BUHARI BUDGET BALANCE:
Inherited a Budget Balance of N3.364.5 million.
His 1984 Budget Balance was: N2.6 Million, achiving a -21% Growth http://chituaeconomist..nl/2010/01/budget-deficit-and-macroeconomic.html?m=1

However, Jonathan's budget deficit is at 1% of our entire GDP= $5 billion

Conclusion:
You were wrong on 2 ITEMS, Right on external debt and WRONG on the Refinery fact twist.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by EldaTimba(m): 10:14am On Nov 06, 2014
barcanista:

3. The External Debt: While you agreed that $50Million dollars was actually paid by GMB within few days(which I had hinged on), you went further to prove other debts persisted.. RIGHT.

4. The Refinery: This is where we are having an argument. I insist that GMB signed the contrct and supervised its implementation in its capacity as NNPC Chairman. The Warri Refinery website didn't disprove it. So also experts opinion. I stand by this. Thank God Obj is alive.

5. The Budget Issue which you brought frm SR:There was a great improvement in the budget balance and reduction in budget deficit during his time.
BUHARI BUDGET BALANCE:
His 1984 Budget Balance was: N2.6 Million, achiving a -21% Growth http://chituaeconomist..nl/2010/01/budget-deficit-and-macroeconomic.html?m=1

Conclusion:
You were wrong on 2 ITEMS, Right on external debt and WRONG on the Refinery fact twist.
Sir, you are beginning to lose your reputation. Kindly accept DEFEAT!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Sibabasibaba1: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2014
datolee the APC destroyer. Suddenly, the APC e-rottweilers have gone numb. Even the lone defender of their territory on this front has disappeared. APC is built on lies and nothing more pretentious. We shall continue to repudiate the lies with truth. We will not insult them, lest we will become like them because insult is their stock in trade.

Their lies will continue to fall because they are standing on sinking sand. At least we now know that contrary to their claims:

-Buhari led the 31 Dec 1983 coup
-Buhari neither built nor initiated the building of any refinery
-Buhari never budgeted in surplus
-Buhari never paid off our debt. Rather, he increased our debt burden
-Buhari attempted to borrow from IMF and when IMF turned down his loan request he started criticizing IMF

I wonder why any sane person should be calling for a man who failed as a leader many years ago--before the PDP youth leader was born; when the Minister of Transport was just about to begin secondary school. How can someone who wishes Nigeria well call for the return of a criminal coup plotter who made a law banning journalists from publishing the corrupt activities of his government?

Good job, datolee. Keep destroying their fictions with facts. Nigeria will not go down with them.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by DJDOLA(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2014
Pls I need help here its life and death www.nairaland.com/1963635/need
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Kelvin0(m): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:
I have watched with great sadness how Gen. Buhari supporters propagate outright lies (not propaganda) to deceive the Nigerian masses. For the sake of heaven, if you have to campaign, do so based on fact not lies. I have always said and keep saying that GMB had nothing good to offer as head of state neither will he have anything to offer as democratic elected president (Wonder his sudden love for democracy when he used Military coup to dethrone a democratically elected government). This piece is to put the record straight on many lies of Barcanista, the Nairaland APC and GMB spokesperson. Here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1882714/buhari-1983-1985-vs-jonathan-2010-present
I will only take two (Economy and petroleum infrastructure) for now

Economy

There can never be any more lie than this and it’s shameful that Nigerian youths have swallowed this greatest lie of this century hook, line and sinker. Before I present my facts, the first question we must ask is this, was the Nigeria total loan and debt during the Shagari regime a mare $50 million? The answer is no, the Nigeria debt profile by the time Shagari left office was $14 billion according to CBN aanual report 1988 as reported here http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl/article/viewFile/670/647

By the time Buhari left office in 1985, the debt has risen to $19 billion as reported by the Nigeria debt management office http://www.dmo.gov.ng/ardrnigeriaexternalanddomesticdebt.php Here is what the DMO had to say “By 1985 the debt profile had deteriorated seriously due to persistent inability of the country to meet its external debt service obligations. This resulted in mounting arrears and unmanageable growth of the debt stock relative to available resources. The external debt stock, which was about US$8.855 billion in 1980, grew to nearly US$19 billion by 1985”
The question we must ask therefore, which loan did GMB paid for that made Nigeria debt free? If Nigeria wasn't debt free under Buhari, why the lie?

While this is true, it must be said that in the year 1984 when he had a full 1 year, inflation went from 22.2% to 40.9%

Lets take some perspective from here, Nigeria’s GDP per capita in 1980 was $849.87, by 1983 it was $428.13 however, by the time GMB left office, it was $330.98. But since we are doing Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity, by 1980 it was 785.60, by 1985 it was 764.36 (1983 = 719.77, 1984 = 693.36 and 1985 = 764.36)

I don’t know how this is being hyped up as his achievement, however, the refusal to devalue the Naira was started by Shagari Government. If this is achievement, the Government of GEJ also halted the devaluation of Naira

Thank you very much for this.....

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by anonimi: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

It is so shameful that we have to started arguing non-issues, instead of you to accept your mistake and move on, you are still making unnecessary arguments. I have given you a record from DMO and from CBN.. From your own Video, they confirmed with me that Shagari's debt was $15 billion... now answer this, did Buhari paid the $15 billion and make Nigeria debt free country??

I do not know any other authentic source for Nigeria's debt profile except DMO. I will keep repeating until it get's to your head. By 1985 the debt profile had deteriorated seriously due to persistent inability of the country to meet its external debt service obligations. This resulted in mounting arrears and unmanageable growth of the debt stock relative to available resources. The external debt stock, which was about US$8.855 billion in 1980, grew to nearly US$19 billion by 1985.

Here are my facts which you are unable to disprove

1. Nigeria's debt profile at the end of Shagari's regime was $14.13 billion (just under $15 billion quoted in your own video)

2. Nigeria's total debt profile at the end of Buhari's regime was $18.03 billion (just under the nearly $19 billion quoted by DMO)

What is your confusion now?

Thanks for your PERSISTENCE based on verifiable credible source of data.

Just wondering if the BALLOONED debt figure of $18.03 billion, which is an increase of almost $4 billion in two years is linked to the importation of essential commodities aka "Essenco" via the Nigeria National Supply Company (NNSC). Such essential commodities included:

- Milk
- Sugar
- Rice
- Salt
- Vegetable oil
- Tyres

It is this CLUELESS economic sabotage that discouraged local manufacturing and agriculture killed off our industry and the farmers
angry

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Candyrain:
I have a question pls Mr. Barcanista. The Nigeria inflation as at Dec 1983 was 22.222%, Buhari's full year as Head of State (1984) the inflation was 40.909% which I believe is the figure as at December 1984. The inflation rate is released on a monthly basis and the rate 3.226% is that of December 1985 (I stand to be corrected). Will you say that's the handiwork of Buhari since he left the office as the Head of State in August 27th, 1985?
You should stop distorting fact. As at 1984, Buhari started with servicing external debts, there wasn't borrowing externally as IMF didn't give Nigeria loan because GMB refused to devalue the Naira, it surely had effect on the economy. However, from 1984 up, things started becoming stable, price of commodities fall became affordable corruption/waste was blocked and the economy started experiencing growth. Hence, the 3.26% inflation in 1985. However, the BÀbangida rigime destroyed everÝthing and you will observe the increase in inflation durinG his regime.

22 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by jchima14: 10:23am On Nov 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by eunisam: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2014
brb
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by anonimi: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2014
BTW very good FP title to avoid undue hues and cries from any quarters.
Seun, you do well. wink

17 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 06, 2014
EldaTimba:

Sir, you are beginning to lose your reputation. Kindly accept DEFEAT!
This is not a battle of reputation(I don't see it so), it is about putting facts on ground(of course based on information at ones disposal)

15 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Candyrain(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2014
barcanista:

BUHARI BUDGET BALANCE:

Conclusion:
Not yet, your submission was not vindicated as regards the inflation.

Dec 31st 1983 inflation rate was 22.222%

Dec 31st 1984 inflation rate was 40.909% (Buhari's full year as Head of State)

Dec 31st 1985 inflation rate was 3.229%

Inflation rate figure is released on a monthly basis and Buhari was removed from office in August 27th 1985.

Was it Buhari's who brought down the inflation rate to 3.229%?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Iykopee(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2014
Its seems the OP came in contact with the APC lying machines for the first time... A proper ex-ray on the APC chief defenders of evil with specialty in insults and lies wud reveal alot hence, i dont bother engaging people who really do not have irrefutable facts to present in favour of Buhari. I recall vividly the issue of buhari building 3 refineries was the greatest lie that was used by these lying machines to promote some1 whose political idealogy and career has reached its twilight.. @ datolee, don't waste ur time engaging the unintelligent barcanista and his chain of scoundrels on analytical issues devoid of aging lies.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 06, 2014
[deleted]

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 06, 2014
Yawn....Nigerians.

Arguing about debt or no debt , but not the cause.

At least Buhari and Jonathan have one thing in common....THEY DID NOT GET OUR ECONOMY OFF ITS DEPENDENCE ON OIL.

Oil dependent economies overimport....stifling local industries and INCREASING DEBTS.

And THAT is what we should be arguing about.

Nigeria's dutch diseased economy....not history.

Oil is a curse.

P.S--I am surprised no one is mentioning the 1982 oil price collapse...which was the genesis of all the bad economic problems we faced in the 1980's.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by EldaTimba(m): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2014
Candyrain:
Not yet, your submission was not vindicated as regards the inflation.

Dec 31st 1983 inflation rate was 22.222%

Dec 31st 1984 inflation rate was 40.909% (Buhari's full year as Head of State)

Dec 31st 1985 inflation rate was 3.229%

Inflation rate figure is released on a monthly basis and Buhari was removed from office in August 27th 1985.

Was it Buhari's who brought down the inflation rate to 3.229%?
You will make a good interrogator. Buhari didn't bring any inflation to 3.229%. His only full year should be his measure of performance.(1984-40.909%)
Don't mind barcanista. He deceives the gullible and dodges spine-breaking questions.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by hungryboy(m): 10:35am On Nov 06, 2014
threads like this making frontpage, make it look like the mods are Pro PDP, this kind of threads should stay in the politics section abeg

7 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Do we still have energy to attempt to dispute lies told by APC ? This is a party of the fraudulent, for the fraudulent and by the fraudulent. Their lies are orchestrated by the Chief Liar himself, he was born and named by his parent as Lai Mohammed. A combination of two words, Lie and Mohammed, these two words have left this planet in shambles.

Make we forget these janja people. On valentine day 2015, we will make their role model Buhari, to cry us a river once again.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Alenkakent(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2014
OP is so stewpid and blinded by hatred for APC and buhari...
He's quoting DMO and CBN under the same administration he's supporting... What does he expect? Okonjo iweala and the head of DMO will definately release a financial report that suits the govt in power of course...
As far as I'm concerned, the only relaible source to clarify this issue of debt is the foreigners we are indebted to... And that has been cleared on the yahoo grp page...
OP is a retard

25 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Candyrain(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2014
barcanista:
You should stop distorting fact. As at 1984, Buhari started with servicing external debts, there wasn't borrowing externally as IMF didn't give Nigeria loan because GMB refused to devalue the Naira, it surely had effect on the economy. However, from 1984 up, things started becoming stable, price of commodities fall became affordable corruption/waste was blocked and the economy started experiencing growth. Hence, the 3.26% inflation in 1985. However, the BÀbangida rigime destroyed everÝthing and you will observe the increase in inflation durinG his regime.
Can you get us the inflation rate figure of June, July and August 1985 before Buhari left office? This should help us know if he really did something. Thanks

28 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by joseph1832(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2014
mikeansy:

If APC gets anywhere near government Nigeria is in trouble
Oh you mean more than we already are?.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by anonimi: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2014
Iykopee:
Its seems the OP came in contact with the APC lying machines for the first time... A proper ex-ray on the APC chief defenders of evil with specialty in insults and lies wud reveal alot hence, i dont bother engaging people who really do not have irrefutable facts to present in favour of Buhari. I recall vividly the issue of buhari building 3 refineries was the greatest lie that was used by these lying machines to promote some1 whose political idealogy and career has reached its twilight.. @ datolee, don't waste ur time engaging the unintelligent barcanista and his chain of scoundrels on analytical issues devoid of aging lies.

Thanks for your points BUT we need to engage these bunch of LIARS and even do so VIGOROUSLY.
Otherwise they will CONFUSE many of our folks who are too LAZY to research these FACTS to counter their lies.
BTW, is that not their mandate as "internet warriors"- to confuse the minds of their fellow citizens in favour of those who paid them crumbs from what they have stolen from all of us over the decades

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by nairaman66(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:
5) Number 5 and 6 will be discussed when it comes to the corruption in GMB regime.

Petroleum infrastructure

Thankfully, they have changed the lie from GMB building two refineries as head of state in 20 months to signing the contract as NNPC chairman. However, keep a close eye to the lie (bolded) of barcanista and other Buhari supporters “initiated”.

It is on record that GMB initiated nothing, he only signed contract as NNPC chairman as the decision to build the 2 refineries was initiated in 1974 when Buhari was nowhere in the government. Here is extracts from NNPC website:

REFINERY PROJECT DECISION
The decision to construct the third Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) refinery in Kaduna was taken in 1974 along with that of the second NNPC refinery located at Warri. However, it was decided that work would commence on the construction of the third refinery whenever the projection of the consumption of petroleum products justifies it.
By early 1975, in view of the fuel shortages experienced then, the Federal Government decided that work on the third refinery should be advanced. It was envisaged that the refinery was to be a simple hydro skimming type refinery in order to meet up with the fuel demand then”
http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Conclusion
Buhari neither cleared Nigeria’s debt nor initiated any refinery in Nigeria.

Part 2 will be: what happened between Buhari, IMF, Paris club and Saudi Arabia loan plus the selective fight against corruption by Buhari.. coming soon

PDP TANoids are afraid of change! What has the PDP leg government achieved in the last 16yrs of democratic rule? It has been one hell of a bumpy ride for Nigerians- Colossal corruption, nepotism, jingoism and cabalism! This system must change and I don't see the PDP giving us this change!

Obviously Buhari is not a saint, but he definitely has the credentials to take us there!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) / Ayo Fayose’s Daughter's Wedding To Odunlade Royal Family. Photos / Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.