Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody (2085 Views)

Couple Married For 10 Years And Never Had Sex (PHOTO) / Seven Reasons Why You Should Never Get Married - For Guys Only / Help! I’ve Been Married For Three Years And I’m Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by uzolexis(f): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
Before i go ahead i'd like to point out that marriage is not compulsory and it is not for everybody.This write up is not to encourage or discourage anyone from getting married.Having said that,here goes:

MARRIAGE MAKES YOU MORE RESPONSIBLE
yes marriage does this to you. You realise that you not only have to look out for yourself but also for your spouse. It makes you less selfish and you think about the effects of your actions,consequently you make wiser decisions, spend wisely, make better investments, try to stop your bad habits.
COMPANIONSHIP
According to Maslow's hierachy of needs the need for love/belonging/companionship is the 3rd basic human need.
It feels good to know there is someone who loves and understands you, who encourages you, who is always there for you,who can lift you when you are down,who makes you feel special,who appreciates you. Marriage is not just about sex, you can get sex from anywhere. your Spouse will be there for you in a way that no one else can. I would use my Parents as an example,they compliment each other, my Dad's strength is my mother's weakness and vice versa. My Dad is a spendthrift, my Mum is a judicious spender, my Dad talks a lot,my Mum is a good listener(I love listening to my Dad's stories and tales), my Dad has a temper but my Mum is calm, my Dad has good taste in fashion but my Mum has an awful fashion sense(i prefer my Dad buying clothes for me)
Many years ago when i was really young (about 10yrs old),my Dad was involved in a terrible accident. He was hospitalised in UCH Ibadan for 3 months or more,that was one of the toughest period for my Mum,she had to travel lagos-Ibadan route almost on a daily basis cause her husband was in Ibadan and her kids were in Lagos(we were still really young then),my parents run a joint business but during this period in addition to taking care of her husband and her little kids she also had to run the business alone. Only someone who truly loves you would make that kind of sacrifice for you, your sex partner or business partner would not, your male buddies and your female friends would not because they have their own problems and responsibilities but your spouse will cause you are his/her problem and responsibility.
when you are old and grey, you would not be alone(if your spouse is still alive), you would have someone to share your old age with who has also shared your life's journey,someone to sit back and reminiscence with, a true friend....everyone needs and deserves that
EVERY RELATIONSHIP HAS IT'S CHALLENGES
Relationship problems are not restricted to marriage alone, every kind of relationship on the surface of the earth has problems name it employee-boss relationship,relationship with co workers, relationship with friends, even with family-brothers,sisters,parents,cousins, your neighbours etc so why should marriage be different what matters is how you handle it and if you and your spouse truly love each other you would sort it out just like you would sort out the issues you would have with your other relationships if they really matter to you.
IT BUILDS YOUR PERSONALITY
This comes with making you responsible. It's easier to quit your bad habits when you are married, the fact that you are responsible for someone else makes you strive harder to build your personality and be a better person. It's easier to achieve this cause your spouse supports and encourages you.My Dad was a terrible smoker when i was really young, I remember my mum always talking to him about it and encouraging him to quit, fast forward to some years later my Dad quit smoking.
THERE ARE HAPPILY MARRIED COUPLES
the saying that "there are no happily married couples" is a big fallacy. I have used my Parents a lot as examples and that's because they are a very happy couple and the best example I know. there are also many like that. I'm not ruling out the fact that there are no unhappy marriages, of course there are,plenty of them sef,the problem is a lot of people these days marry for the wrong reasons that's why we see a lot of broken homes or unhappy marriages, you married her for her beauty or him for his money, what happens when the beauty fades or the money is no longer there,what will be the incentive to keep you in that marriage. Marry for the right reasons pple, for love and for friendship and you will be happy smiley
KIDS
Studies show that children raised in a happy home are more stable emotionally.
HIGHER EARNINGS
Studies also show that married people earn higher salaries than singles.

Having said all these i'd like to say that the condition for the above to be true is if you marry the right person for the right reason (love).

1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
thats good
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by laurel03(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
ok we don hear...
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by EJanni(f): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
very interesting, don't mind those ones who come here to give flimsy and stupid reasons why men or whoever should not marry. They think that they are wiser than God who instituted marriage. You cannot because you and people around you failed in marriage and discourage others from entering into the most beautiful thing on earth.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Marriage is not for everybody.

But I sure as hell wanna get married. I must be fruitful and multiply. Must be a good wife and a fantastic mum to 11 children. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by GboyegaD(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Let each man(woman) lead his(her) life the way he(she) wants to.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by uzolexis(f): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
sandijey:

But I sure as hell wanna get married. I must be fruitful and multiply. Must be a good wife and a fantastic mum to 11 children. >:

(

You want a football team mbok grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by xtratagem(m): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
sandijey:

But I sure as hell wanna get married. I must be fruitful and multiply. Must be a good wife and a fantastic mum to 11 children. angry

11 Children? grin That's a soccer team
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by wirelessssss(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
[size=22pt]So who's gonna write why gays should get married angry[/size]

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
Uzolexis, may I propose to you?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
xtratagem:

11 Children? grin That's a soccer team

cheesy.... that's what I want.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by passionate88: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2014
EJanni:
very interesting, don't mind those ones who come here to give flimsy and stupid reasons why men or whoever should not marry. They think that they are wiser than God who instituted marriage. You cannot because you and people around you failed in marriage and discourage others from entering into the most beautiful thing on earth.
They always remember "God" when it suits them... No you that I quoted o.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by xtratagem(m): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2014
sandijey:

cheesy.... that's what I want.

you will still need substitutes... grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by YourCoffin: 10:57am On Nov 07, 2014
Nansense! No points made here. Been hearing same gibberish since time immemorial. I like the way I'm living whether it's deemed responsible or not. Don't care.

For a man, marriage is the surest way to your untimely death after accidents.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by uzolexis(f): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2014
YourCoffin:
Nansense! No points made here. Been hearing same gibberish since time immemorial. I like the way I'm living whether it's deemed responsible or not. Don't care.

For a man, marriage is the surest way to your untimely death after accidents.

Like I said marriage is not compulsory and i'm not telling u 2 get married, since someone wrote the cons of getting married I just wrote the pros,u don't av 2 call it nonsense cause u don't agree angry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by FLAWLES(f): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2014
heheh,PART1=y yuh shldnt get married,PART2=y yuh shld get married,,,,,,,i siddon de wait PART3

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by uzolexis(f): 12:12am On Nov 11, 2014
CFCfan:
Uzolexis, may I propose to you?
waiting for the proposal smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 11, 2014
i dont think marriage is beneficial to men though, in the end everyone is free to live his or her life the way he deems fit the number of unhappy marriages outnumber the happy ones. marriage is one chance anything you see inside you take
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Pdizzle(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2014
tensazangetsu:
i dont think marriage is beneficial to men though, in the end everyone is free to live his or her life the way he deems fit the number of unhappy marriages outnumber the happy ones. marriage is one chance anything you see inside you take
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 11, 2014
uzolexis:

waiting for the proposal smiley
It's coming..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by pappyoung: 1:20am On Nov 11, 2014
sandijey:

But I sure as hell wanna get married. I must be fruitful and multiply. Must be a good wife.and a fantastic mum to 11 children. angry
not much at all
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by pappyoung: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2014
FLAWLES:
heheh,PART1=y yuh shldnt get married,PART2=y yuh shld get married,,,,,,,i siddon de wait PART3
part 3:why u shd marry more than one wife

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 11, 2014
pappyoung:
not much at all

grin cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Get Married-for Everybody by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 10, 2015
sandijey:

lolz @11 children. You wanna become 'mother Abraham'?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WHICH Name Will You Or Do U Normally Call Your Partner Apart From His Real Name. / He Is Madly In Love With A Virgin But She Has These / Rich Or Famous Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.