Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch (1489 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Car Parked Beside The Road At Night,how Safe? / His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by joedrae(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2014
Who else has noticed an increase in the way Lagos drivers stop in the middle of the road once the car behind them touches them.

The most annoying part is that they don't even care how many cars are behind them or the traffic that arise due to this singular action.

Most traffic in recent times are because of this behaviour in our drivers.

Pls air your views on what can be done to stop or reduce this...
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by joedejana(m): 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
It's to block the person who hit his/her car
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by joedrae(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
But they can as well park on the side of the road. Most times, they block two lanes out of the three lanes. Then leave one for other cars.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by joedejana(m): 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedrae:
But they can as well park on the side of the road. Most times, they block two lanes out of the three lanes. Then leave one for other cars.
And let the punk that hit them, escape? undecided
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by AutosBay(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Atimes the affected party just wants to show off especially if the vehicle is classy.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedrae:
Who else has noticed an increase in the way Lagos drivers stop in the middle of the road once the car behind them touches them.

The most annoying part is that they don't even care how many cars are behind them or the traffic that arise due to this singular action.

The standard practice is to stop at exact point of contact, take pictures and sort it at the corner if applicable lol grin grin
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by TunjiMsp: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
When you buy your own, I'm sure you will stop on hearing car horn from behind

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by lonelydora: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
You never see anything self, come to PH and see it wella.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by erico2k2(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
lonelydora:
hahaqh grin grin
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedrae:

LEARNER grin
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by abatically(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
@op, I really don't understand what u are driving at. Somebody hits me from behind and u expect me not to stop immediately where he hit me in order to check? U must be a learner. First if I decide to park, the culprit might run away.

Secondly, I need to stop at the point of contact to examine the damage and take pictures. If I don't, the culprit might claim I am the guilty one, especially of the damage is much. He might claim I was out of my lane, etc. U really must be a learner to think if someone hit u then u need to drive out of the point of contact in order to PARK.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by joedrae(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
You can call me a learner but how will you feel if you fall into the category of cars that have to be in the traffic just because someone's car was hit.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by abatically(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
joedrae:
You can call me a learner but how will you feel if you fall into the category of cars that have to be in the traffic just because someone's car was hit.

U have to live with it. Put urself in the position of the person that was hit. Or let's say u are driving ur boss's car and someone hit u, do u get out of the way and let the culprit run away? What would u tell ur boss?

Best thing to do is to stop and examine, let the culprit know he is guilty. If he accepts then u both can get out of the way to settle it. But if he claims he is not guilty then wait there until the cops or traffic control agencies show up.
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by 9icetoo(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
lonelydora:
grin grin grin
Lagosians still get manners self. I bow for PH people.
However OP, why would anyone in his right senses with a valid drivers license (which means he was certified to drive), bash someone directly in front of him? Is he/she blind? Its crazy the way people drive sometimes. I was once in a friends car on a trip of less than 5 kilometers. The guys car got bashed four times before we got to our destination. he got so mad that we we just turned around and headed back home. Do you expect such a guy not to come down and bring down the heavens? I go soon begin carry hammer for boot. If anybody bash me, i go come down survey the damage. If mine is worse than his, i will replicate the damage on the offending car with my hammer if we cannot reach an agreement and drive off. chikena.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by Exponental(m): 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
carefree attitude in a lawless dominated environment ....mostly done by d literates at d expense of their lives try to claim "rights".

1 Like

Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by lonelydora: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
9icetoo:

grin grin grin
Lagosians still get manners self. I bow for PH people.
However OP, why would anyone in his right senses with a valid drivers license (which means he was certified to drive), bash someone directly in front of him? Is he/she blind? Its crazy the way people drive sometimes. I was once in a friends car on a trip of less than 5 kilometers. The guys car got bashed four times before we got to our destination. he got so mad that we we just turned around and headed back home. Do you expect such a guy not to come down and bring down the heavens? I go soon begin carry hammer for boot. If anybody bash me, i go come down survey the damage. If mine is worse than his, i will replicate the damage on the offending car with my hammer if we cannot reach an agreement and drive off. chikena.
Lol
Re: Lagos Driver Stopping In The Middle Of The Road At The Slightest Touch by laivwire(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lol, reminds me of the story of some robbers who were caught sometime back.their modus operandi was to intentionally hit innocent motorists from behind. As soon as the driver steps out to look at the damage done, an accomplice jumps in and takes off with car followed by the first thief that hit the owner. They also stated that when most motorists stop, especially women, they leave the keys in the ignition.

On the topic, it can be really annoying when drivers delay you by blocking the road to settle their business but they can't be blamed. They eed to block off the offender and if needed measure some dimensions when taking evidence.

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Two Hot Yellow Vehicles Will You Prefer? / Popping, Creaking, Rattling Sound From Moonroof Toyota Camry 2012 / Fuel Economy/mpg Calculations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.