Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? (28715 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 09, 2014
ideology:

Guy you be APC supporter?

Cc:2sexi
don't mind the guy. Like he can speak English better than an English man.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by ideology(m): 6:37am On Nov 09, 2014
2sexi:
don't mind the guy. Like he can speak English better than an English man.
They never give solutions to issues, all they know is to criticize.

It's important to also note that he is the only one to make an issue of it
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2014
ideology:

They never give solutions to issues, all they know is to criticize.

It's important to also note that he is the only one to make an issue of it

have you ever chatted with a chinese person? Those guys no sabi English at all. But see ther mark on the Nigerian and the world at large.

Only a few of them who has the opportunity can speak English. If I enter that way, na to just dey teach English or be their PR.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Malita156(f): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2014
Its different for different women. Esay for some, difficult and uncomfortable for others. Hostility is an individual thing, bn intolerant is definitely hormones.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by spiceemman(m): 7:42am On Nov 09, 2014
2sexi:
Hormones? Na wa o. Which kind hormone be that?

Anyway, I had been wanting to just know why they act that way.

I pray my wife does not end up such o. I can't stand it. I hate stubborness or cruelty in any form.

You don't have to like it, you deal with or manage it and that's why you're a man. If you had gotten married before this thread, well then your ignorance may have been forgiven. But now you're very much in the know that pregnant women don't choose to become stubborn during pregnancy, their hormones at that time make them become stubborn and cruel as you put it. Knowledge is power
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by deebrain(m): 7:42am On Nov 09, 2014
True, its the hormones but there should be a balance.

The fact that the hormones are at the top does not give you the right not to control their manifestations. Its similar to the excuse of spitting around by some pregnant women. It is like saying that every man who has strong sexual hormones should go on rape rampage.

It is however during labour, there is the woman's moment of madness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by preciousman(m): 7:59am On Nov 09, 2014
That's d power of hormones bt I wonder wich kind hormones will cause such hostility in women...jst curious

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2014
ameenahz:

Lol. I did this too. 8pm I wanted catfish pepper soup almost to the point of wailing. Hubby trekked and trekked to get it for me, only for me to reject it because it smelled like spoilt locust beans. He asked me if I was sure, I said yes. Fast forward 2 hours later, after the poor man had eaten it, I wanted pepper soup again.
The example I gave is a life experience, so I know such happens. I really had to learn a lot from it in preparation for when it will be my turn.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by sweettinz20(m): 8:28am On Nov 09, 2014
ezeokechukwu738:
Anger comes when you are not comfortable as you used to. Pregnant women tend to exhibit hostility due to the uncomfrtable condition they are been subjected to by men. Pls men zip up so that we can enjoy a peaceful society free from hostiity
yay tell women to stop collecting
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by sweettinz20(m): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2014
Daresh:

Little do you know. Pregnancy is the WORST illness you will ever encounter. because there is no medication for it. FYI all women are not the same. Pregnancy affects women differently. The same woman will have different reactions to diff pregnancy. Just pray your own won't be bad and don't blame others for things they can't help.
lol worst illness u neva c anything
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by sweettinz20(m): 8:38am On Nov 09, 2014
felifeli:

If you also have something growing inside you - often against your wish, i am sure you will be hostile to everyone grin grin grin
u c men don suffer the world is better without women
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by olalekan1(m): 8:43am On Nov 09, 2014
To me, I wont call it hostility but nagging and cantankerous. There was this miss in my department when i was in the university, she was the clerk. prior to her pregnancy, she was friendly and jovial to the extent that every students in department loved her but on getting pregnant, gosh! this nagging started, any question we ask is disturbing, she will say NO to assistance or advice you seek from her. All of us were wondering if pregnancy is a bad thing, infact no matter how much we begged her for favour, she wont even give a damn. Nomalcy returned when she gave birth to a baby boy.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by soledadd: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2014
Its the hormone. At times you feel depressed, disgusted, so hot inside, exhausted, irritated at things you used to like, the list continues.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Skybaby: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2014
Bibol:
Blame it on the hormones ! Some can't help it
exactly, even though i v never been pregnant bt during my menses i feel dsame way, talkin to pple bcomes a problem to me, i would just want to be left alone most especialy d very day it started n dats because am nt my self.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by aizayahtosh(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2014
She no fit try hostility for my house. She go go back to her papa house

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by taiwoflb: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by caseyhills(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
anyway your right but is not just in human being even in Animals, for example I train dogs and I noticed that the female dog get more hostile when they're pregnant, the female fights the male dog over everything, food, water and even attack me sometimes but the funny thing about that after fighting and attacking me, she will still come back for me to pet her and rub her belly,that's almost the same thing with ladies when they pregnant, I do pity them Cos a lot is happening to them that only God will tell, that's when they need love the most, anything they do then just count it all joy and show them love Cos they're WOMEN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by beau49: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
ameenahz:

Lol. I did this too. 8pm I wanted catfish pepper soup almost to the point of wailing. Hubby trekked and trekked to get it for me, only for me to reject it because it smelled like spoilt locust beans. He asked me if I was sure, I said yes. Fast forward 2 hours later, after the poor man had eaten it, I wanted pepper soup again.

Chei cheesy the man no go fit cry....lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by ameenahz(f): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
beau49:

Chei cheesy the man no go fit cry....lol

Well, he didn't. He formed anger for some minutes but when I started my wailing again, he had to jump out and look for pepper soup at 10pm. When he finally brought it, I was sniffing back tears and mucus and enjoying my peppersoup while he looked on in wonder (I hope, Lol)

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by beau49: 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
ameenahz:

Well, he didn't. He formed anger for some minutes but when I started my wailing again, he had to jump out and look for pepper soup at 10pm. When he finally brought it, I was sniffing back tears and mucus and enjoying my peppersoup while he looked on in wonder (I hope, Lol)

Lmao.....he get choice

I can only imagine .....lol
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by sucezTP(f): 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
hwudey:
Because their hormones run riot more at that time.

Exactly!
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Agrika: 10:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by sleekch1c(f): 12:51am On Nov 10, 2014
ameenahz:

U were wailing for peppersoup?
Na craze?
how metunobious (akuko meturu n'obi) grin
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Sunglow: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2014
2sexi:
Hormones? Na wa o. Which kind hormone be that?

Anyway, I had been wanting to just know why they act that way.

I pray my wife does not end up such o. I can't stand it. I hate stubborness or cruelty in any form.
Then be ready to grant her EVERY wish when she is pregnant or ELSE!!!!!
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Longman313(m): 10:00am On Nov 10, 2014
my wife is pregnant now,the third one always annoyed on any issue at home i know is matter of nine month by god grace
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by G3n3sis: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2014
It's natural

Remember Genesis
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Ayo315: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pregnancy,has some people may described it as disease condition while some described it as a change in the physiological system of every woman.Having said,by physiological changes that means a lot of body chemicals and condition have contributed to behavioral changes in woman.As matter of fact we need to respect them because some women developed diabetics during pregnancy (gestational diabetics) and after delivery expected them to returned to normal but some never return to the formal body system. In view of these some of them even like sitting right inside the toilet,some like eating a chalk like substance locally called nzu in Ibo language and some like smelling their husband under wear and some like eating a lot of food,some don't like food and some talk too much and some like to work while some just like to sleep.So with all these u and I can agree that is a physiological changes that happened to every woman.We should have compassion for them and be kind to them.Is not easy to be in that situation,I am not a woman but as a medical personnel I know what I am talking about.Thank u so much
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by obi123: 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
Odilafta:

Don't marry

God bless you, oga odilafta pls educate yourself, pregnancy is not a small thing, it is a big deal
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by obi123: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
deebrain:
True, its the hormones but there should be a balance.

The fact that the hormones are at the top does not give you the right not to control their manifestations. Its similar to the excuse of spitting around by some pregnant women. It is like saying that every man who has strong sexual hormones should go on rape rampage.

It is however during labour, there is the woman's moment of madness.

your analogy sucks , both scenarios are super different

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by fabela(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
U knw hw yu feel when uv ovaworked,ur tired wud wanna rest buh still gotta work......dats wat they feel....u feel say e easy to carry babe ..no be like u go drop am carry am lata o..like 9months.....if u don carry babe wey dem don born before waka u go knw say e dey pain pason hand...
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Gorgeous58(f): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hormones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.