Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79467 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Natasha2(f): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Castroii:
sounds funny tho, are u a nigerian or are u a somalian....jst asking, Reminds me of when I was a kid, then I was saying I wil go 2 london someday, and tank God I lived up to my dreams.

Lol do I look Nigerian or Samalian? Just asking. I have never been to Lagos anyway, not like its part of my "dreams" atm but i'll go there grin just like you.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by solotutu(m): 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
oduastates:

Oil money ko , oil money ni.
This is the cannibalised version of Lagos .
40% of government earnings come from here ,so how is it oil money? Your oil money , most of which is stolen at source , and the rest only goes as far as exchanging naira for dollars in the SW. Even that is covered by reparations from odua states overseas citizens.
Nothing Lagos or London about these pictures.
These pics below feel more like it.
No fences ,less congested and unabused .
These scenes were replicated in all major towns and cities of odua States. Terraced buildings without fences lining well planned streets .

There was
1 Light
2 pipe borne water straight to your shower.
3good schools
4 health facilities
5 town planning and enforcement of building codes
6 proper law enforcement.
7 in some area , daily deliveries of fresh milk .
8 enforcement of trading laws

All provided by the western regional government.
We had this until a certain devious unitary decree.
My dad told me of the story of mothers smacking their children for eating canned and other processed food( which were considered unhealthy even then) .
back then , almost every house had someone who was close to 100 years old , whom you will see sitting outside the fenceless compound,counting down his /her days. Wonder why they die young nowadays .

Main points
1 you see working traffic lights
2 you see the law abiding bikers obeying traffic rules
3 Lagos was bike friendly ( licensed drivers)
4 electricity supplied by the electricity company of western nigeria ( soon to be stolen and converted to NEPA)
5 you ships sailing from the western Nigeria controlled apapa port .
Who can forget the first night of holiday , playing mid fight football on the street ,right in front of our house while popsie and his pals quash lager( those first holiday night were nights of freedom else you must be in bed by 8:30) .
It was that safe.

Nigeria is a liability for odua states , simply brings nothing but sorrow, tears and blood.

I Second you bro abeggi no b oyell mini ohh ahh...name Lasgidi State of mind be dis
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
Natasha2:

Lol do I look Nigerian or Samalian? Just asking. I have never been to Lagos anyway, not like its part of my "dreams" atm but i'll go there grin just like you.
u don't look like a nigerian, neither do u look like a somalian, rather u look like u wia sent 4rm heaven.......mayb I will be in lasgidi waiting upon thee, jst holla me whenever u r coming 2 lag from heaven.....however, I promise 2 take u 2 somalia.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Seemyfather(m): 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
And what will make me to mistake this place for London oooooooooo? I can't even mistake it for Ghana let alone Algeria. "Abi o fe fi iku we orun ni ke"

Abeg talk another thing o jare. "Abi moti mistake ni"?

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2014
leofab:
shake hand? No, I rather prefer a hug or a peck!!!!!!

That is like my caricature i guess? Like i will be waiting forever for the hand shake, peck and hug? Nice try...
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2014
hardbody:

That is like my caricature i guess? Like i will be waiting forever for the hand shake, peck and hug? Nice try...
not that, if you are hopeful, it will come to past!!!!

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Natasha2(f): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Castroii:
u don't look like a nigerian, neither do u look like a Somalian, rather u look like u wia sent 4rm heaven.......mayb I will be in lasgidi waiting upon thee, jst holla me whenever u r coming 2 lag from heaven.....however, I promise 2 take u 2 somalia.

Eyah I'm a Ghanian though grin Thanks anyway and as for Somalia please lemme pick somewhere else grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2014
leofab:
not that, if you are hopeful, it will come to past!!!!

I believe. You have a mail.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by leofab(f): 10:27am On Nov 11, 2014
hardbody:

I believe. You have a mail.
request to connect; and so will it be!!!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2014
Natasha2:

Eyah I'm a Ghanian though grin Thanks anyway and as for Somalia please lemme pick somewhere else grin
ok, choose any place and I wil take u there, including the moon.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Natasha2(f): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Castroii:
ok, choose any place and I wil take u there, including the moon.

I'm not from Ghana. Paris tongue and the sun grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Natasha2:

I'm not from Ghana. Paris tongue and the sun grin
when u are ready, let me know........
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by KLand(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
korel9:
I'm in church now. After service I will comment.

Browsing Nairaland in church? Abeg focus on pastor's message next time. grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ozzyozzy: 12:14am On Dec 24, 2014
I beg na the ugly side I wan see
Wetin
Who be mumu....
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Bifwoli: 12:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Even chaotic Kinshasa looks fabulous from the sky and can look like London.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by FrozeBABE: 3:23pm On May 01, 2016
gidi sweet sha cheesy
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by jjlala: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Old Lagos on Display

New Lagos is so fantastic
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Raymagnate(m): 2:51am On Aug 08, 2019
Due to rapid urbanization and population growth, the West African city Lagos, has been ranked as the fastest-growing city overall in the 2017–2030 timeline.
Lagos is home to over 20 millions people and its the fastest and most populated city in Africa.
By the next twelve years, Lagos will house 9% of the global population, contribute 15% of the world's GDP and take up about 3% of global land mass.

This is a compilation of drone shot in the vibrant city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKv8tSIfEI8

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.