Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? (1860 Views)

My Wedding And Tithes Wahala In My Church / What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? / Pastors And Tithes, Why Can't They Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 11:17am On Nov 09, 2014
Pastors like prechaing about giving money to God even to the extent of asking to give a percentage of your salary and maybe even all of it.

What does God use the money for?
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 09, 2014
u mean what do pastors do with the money? coz God don't need money. but he said we should pay tithes n offerings so that they can be used to maintain the house of God n help others a.k.a charity, helping orphans etc but...now its something else sad they aren't using it for what it should be used for.

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by tempex88(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2014
OP, God does not want your money. He wants you
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 11:33am On Nov 09, 2014
tempex88:
OP, God does not want your money. He wants you

So, I should stop paying tithes and offering then. Thanks
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by tempex88(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

So, I should stop paying tithes and offering then. Thanks

Yea. You can stop. It just means you are not under. His umbrella. If you are God's property, u will understand he owns all you have and you will give more than tothe and offering to propagate. D gospel
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by Thugnificent(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Question for the gods
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by AfricanApple(f): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2014
imagine d way u even ask d question sef, how can God ever want anything from u undecided or do they tell u he eats and drinks where ever he is?
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2014
tempex88:

Yea. You can stop. It just means you are not under. His umbrella. If you are God's property, u will understand he owns all you have and you will give more than tothe and offering to propagate. D gospel

Lol. Do you realise you have just depicted God as a mafia don that has to be paid for "protection"/umbrella?

What are you talking about, "God's property"? He created me in the first instance, right?
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
AfricanApple:
imagine d way u even ask d question sef, how can God ever want anything from u undecided or do they tell u he eats and drinks where ever he is?

That's what our daddy GOs tell us na. They say he needs our money in order to double our blessings. Don't you attend church?
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by PastorKun(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Offerings are required to help take care of the less privilege and needy in the church and also to support the church. Tithes are not required of christians despite the many lies told on our pulpit today and non of the money we contribute goes to God directly. Using the money to take care of God's children is considered giving to God biblically.
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by AfricanApple(f): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

That's what our daddy GOs tell us na. They say he needs our money in order to double our blessings. Don't you attend church?
grin grin indeed

I have no biz with church
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by tempex88(m): 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

Lol. Do you realise you have just depicted God as a mafia don that has to be paid for "protection"/umbrella?

What are you talking about, "God's property"? He created me in the first instance, right?

You can call Him mafia. He is God. Even the devils is His property. How much more we that he loves. So so much and gave a chance He neva gave to d devil
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
tempex88:

You can call Him mafia. He is God. Even the devils is His property. How much more we that he loves. So so much and gave a chance He neva gave to d devil

I'm sure he loves the chibok girls and all the people being executed by ISIS in Iraq as much as he loves us
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by tempex88(m): 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

I'm sure he loves the chibok girls and all the people being executed by ISIS in Iraq as much as he loves us

God's wisdom is not mans. I knw where u are heading. Jesus was murdered. This was xomeone the bible referred God saying this is my beloved Son. So that He loves u doesn't guarantee a smooth life. If we choose to be killing ourselves, its our choice not His.
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by nora544: 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
God want that we have a loving heart for the people who have nothing.

God love his followeers who give to the people in need not to this money loving jetflying businesspastors in Nigeria and america.
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by gatiano(m): 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
the right question is "does the tithe reach GOD?" GOD is the most beneficent, he asks for nothing in return, just for us to stay righteous.
if all the tithes nigerians pay every month end, plus the offerings and the donations be put together, there won't be need for a government, because the churches get all the taxes and the churches don't even pay taxes. from that tithes alone, there shouldn't be anybody hungry in nigeria, not one.

GOD created everything, he made the pencil and made the cements and the oils for petrol, because the pencil is made from wood and lead, the cements from rocks and the petrol from crude, and the person that made the stuff didn't even make his own hands. don't GOD deserve a 50% cut from the profits everybody on earth makes? he does, but does ask for it, but he said use it to feed the poor and help the poor. he didn't say give it to your pastor, and if we do give it to our pastors, they should show how the funds was spent, they should give account.

hahn:
Pastors like prechaing about giving money to God even to the extent of asking to give a percentage of your salary and maybe even all of it.

What does God use the money for?

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by yomi007k(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
To buy private jet
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
u mean what do pastors do with the money? coz God don't need money. but he said we should pay tithes n offerings so that they can be used to maintain the house of God n help others a.k.a charity, helping orphans etc but...now its something else sad they aren't using it for what it should be used for.

God said? How did God such things when it is not even human?

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
There is no God anywhere in the skies only fake pastors who claim to have a monopoly of a closer relationship with a non-existent god. Your tithes and offerings go into fulfilling the insatiable desires of these men. This is the reason you never stop giving!
Now lets borrow something from the bible. When the israelites were giving to the building of the temple, it got to a point when moses told the people to stop giving because enough had been given. Why does this never happen in Nigeria? Rather, we hear Pastor Oyedepo wants to build school in London with Nigeria naira. Laughable.Well, its not my business what you lots do with your money. Enough for now.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by PastorKun(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hypocrisy of modern tithe doctrine beautifully expressed. smiley

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
tempex88:

God's wisdom is not mans. I knw where u are heading. Jesus was murdered. This was xomeone the bible referred God saying this is my beloved Son. So that He loves u doesn't guarantee a smooth life. If we choose to be killing ourselves, its our choice not His.

Apparently, we're all God's children and he still let's us suffer. I'm really curious to know what God does with all the tithe and offering though and also if he will make a refund if one happens to get to heaven but is told by the angels that he's not allowed in.
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by tempex88(m): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
hahn:

Apparently, we're all God's children and he still let's us suffer. I'm really curious to know what God does with all the tithe and offering though and also if he will make a refund if one happens to get to heaven but is told by the angels that he's not allowed in.

First, clear ur mind that u can give to God
Mans duty is to love God, fear God and fulfil his commandment ( Gods standard of living). You can give for God's work out of love for God. If you are enjoying a relationship with God, giving would not be an issues at all even if dere are no biblical promises as regards sowing and reaping/ being more honorable to give than receive. Tithe and offering is about obeying God's word. If you don't have, u don't have to give. If. Its not convinient for you, u don't have too. God looks at intent not action. I can't give tithe of what I don't have. I can only give from waht I believe is a. Blessing from. God. Heaven is real and so is hell. Tithe and. Offering. Would not affect ur chances of making heaven. Tithes and offering will only influence the quality of life u will live while on earth. The bible instructs us to do good to all.
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by Boss13: 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
For those that truly want to give to God. Just commit yourself to a selfless service to mankind. Forget about money, God doesn't need your money
Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by bsjay(m): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2014
What a senseless question! Has anyone ever seen God descended to any church to collect money? No! Tithes and offerings are tricks of false pastors, prophets and priests that Jesus said would come at the end of the age to rob their members to enrich themselves. They are robbers who don't care about the welfare of their victims but their money. Religions are the most useless and sharpest tools organised by Lucifer to cause chaos and commotion on earth. The only service one can offer to his God is by recognising the Will of God and live accordingly. Love thy neighbours as thyself, give to those who ask of you." Whoever bears within himself a firm volition for what is good and strives to give purity to his thoughts has already found his way to the kingdom of God, all else shall then be added unto him". Words of Abd-ru-shin! Churches cannot help anyone in any matter. Man must fight for himself!

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by bsjay(m): 8:49am On Dec 10, 2014
Again, you people should stop belittling God by calling churches "house of God". God and church are never the same. Churches are built and set up by human beings and therefore cannot be termed as house of God. If they are operated in the right way it would be rightly called "a place of worship of God". The earth we are living in is but a very small part of the House of God. Creation as a whole is the House of God! Service to God are the things you do in your neighbourhood, the help you give to the less privilege ones, taking care of those flowers and trees in your surroundings, observing the Laws of God and live accordingly, which you stand to reap abundantly if you do them out of love from your heart because as it is written, what you sow is what you reap, whether good or evil. It is there in the bible when Jesus was addressing those on His right hand side thus:...when I was hungry ye gave me food to eat, when I was in the hospital ye visited me.....etc. He never mentioned church nor tithe and offering. Church work is never God's work! True love, giving and forgiving could in a way be considered as part of God's work cos these are His Will. Churches are business places where those who set them up make their earns meat, no service to God is to be attached to it. Creation is the House of God, churches are men's business centers!

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? by hahn(m): 3:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lol tongue

(1) (Reply)

Oyedepo's Moving Eulogy For Myles Munroe / Pastor Oyedepo & Pastor Adeboye Will Rot In Hell / The Ultimate Confusion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.