Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,249 members, 7,849,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (31205 Views)

UPDATE: Tambuwal Should Apply For Protection–police / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Tambuwal Should Apologise For Visiting Aregbesola - Osun PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Akiika: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
After effect of "Igbo".

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by hilariousdammie(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
eleko1:
undecidedHE Nor go beta for dis lawyer ooooo
YOU ARE INSANE undecided

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by pacoubah(m): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dis man must b in sane for suggesting such.in as much as I support d fact he shuld vacate d seat of a speaker,ders. No moral justification for him to quit as a. House member.this man is one of d problems we ar hving in dis country,cos his selfish desire has overwhelmed his political reasoning.tambuwal by all indication shuld vacate d seat he got as a member of d majority party in d house.its only in Nigeria dt u cn see where laws are turned upside down to interprete.a minority member being d house speaker.I wonder. If my knowledge of government. Formation after election is still intact. #giveyouthsachance

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by mbulela: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
There are many people sitting in the National Assembly and many governors who have defected. When Olusegun Mimiko, the Governor of Ondo State left the Labour Party for the PDP, heavens did not fall.

That is absolute double standard. There is no question about that.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by omenka(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
barcanista:
What is stopping Seun and Obinoscopy to move this to FP?

https://www.nairaland.com/1991531/fuel-subsidy-appropriation-obasanjo-yar

omenka egift obiagelli berem ngeneukwenu please someone help us
It is a damn shame honestly. Remember, he doesn't see Buhari as a "human being". He once apologised for calling the gentleman a "human being" when he was mourning the death of his beloved wife.

Not surprised.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by mbulela: 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
eleko1:
Make una ask Agbako Man whether OrJi and odas Wey dumped Fowl part to PDP resigned.What About MiMiko?
See the post above. He expressed his view that all of them should have resigned. The article could as well have been titled "Mimoko should resign too" and it would not be wrong. It was titles like this because it is more marketable.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by anonimi: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
berem:
Agbakoba is currently going senile. Old age is suddenly creeping in. I understand why he is emotional.

Ride on Mr. Tambuwal,whom God has blessed,PDP cannot curse.

Olisa Agbakoba is 61 years old and you say he is "currently going senile".
You are entitled to your opinion no doubt just as we are entitled to logical extrapolation thereof =>

At 71 can we assume that you will also say that General Muhammadu Buhari has gone senile

It is not his age that is the problem, rather it is the age of his ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by thaoriginator: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
Who the hell is he? We don't know him in Italy
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by BabaO2: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
I thought this man is a brilliant lawyer. Why Mimiko did not resign the governorship he got from Lp?. Agbakoba u r a Pdp apologist.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
omenka:
It is a damn shame honestly. Remember, he doesn't see Buhari as a "human being". He once apologised for calling the gentleman a "human being" when he was mourning the death of his beloved wife.

Not surprised.
Obinoscopy was on the thread some minutes ago.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2014
anonimi:

[s] Olisa Agbakoba is 61 years old and you say he is "currently going senile".
You are entitled to your opinion no doubt just as we are entitled to logical extrapolation thereof

At 71 can we assume that you will also say that General Muhammadu Buhari has gone [/s]

Another senile on the loose. How many times I have warned your miserable self to stop disturbing my mentions? angry

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by tonte(m): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
he said by law they should have resigned

bigass:
This man has disappointed me. So what about all others who decamped before now? did they resign? Jonathan has bribed your brain Mr AgbaOle
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by bigass(f): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
tonte:
he said by law they should have resigned

You were recently quoted as saying that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, should quit the House. Why did you say so?

I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing. The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by deletrue: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Splashme:
Tambuwal is a disgrace to Nigeria's democracy.
Disgrace na small word. Tambuwal is madness in totality to our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by tonte(m): 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
not on here, I watched a channels Tv interview where he said by Law everyone who defects should vacate whatever position they occupied while being members of the party they defected from

bigass:

You were recently quoted as saying that the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, should quit the House. Why did you say so?

I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing. The simple fact is that the man has left the PDP. He said it, I did not say it. He said, ‘I am leaving PDP to APC,’ so I would expect that since he has left PDP for APC he should resign his seat which he got from the PDP.

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Olutola88(m): 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Is this man a veteran lawyer? I don't like his argument, not sequential and with too many contradictory points.

BTW the court can't make a judgment based on what Tambuwal said when he was defecting. Whether he mentioned division in PDP or not, he will still use division in PDP to defend himself in court.

So, why is that old man talking like someone that studied theatre arts and not Law? He even said he's not interested in the Law? NBA should withdraw that man's license to practice.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by moxrit(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
bigass:
This man has disappointed me. So what about all others who decamped before now? did they resign? Jonathan has bribed your brain Mr AgbaOle

Guess you didn't read the article before jumping into conclusion. His explanations were crystal clear so there is no need for name-calling here.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by eleko1: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
U dey crase
hilariousdammie:

YOU ARE INSANE undecided
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by temitemi1(m): 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mr Agbakoba, u are very much on point. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by GentleMimi: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
miiraaj:

Hmmmmm! I'm interested. grin kiss cool
angry
@ sunnyflakes, ogbeni, leave my portable azz out of this discuss. Moreover, e nor consign u. Baba idi pelebe. angry
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by sunnyflakes(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol. Only in Naija would a former president of the Bar Association, state boldly that he is not interested in the law. Wtf. So what shld he be interested in? My cute azz?

@ GENTLEMIMI IS YOUR AZZ CUTE? HOPE IT HAS NOT BEEN FOULED LIKE THE NIGERIAN POLITICS.....

NIGERIAN POLITICIANS ARE APOSTLES OF HARLORTRY... THEY BELIEVE IN NOTHING OTHER THAN OWN PAROCHIAL INTERESTS. UNFORTUNATELY A VAST MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS ARE BLIND TO THIS FACT...

YES WE NEED CHANGE, BUT WHAT CHANGE CAN MEN WHO SLEPT IN ONE PARTY AND WOKE UP IN ANOTHER PARTY BRING TO OUR BELOVED COUNTRY...

...... POLITICIAN WITHOUT IDEOLOGY = CLUELESS AND GULLIBLE CITIZENRY.....
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by swagwu(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
dis man nailed it not like others standing on the fence pretending nt to know d truth.
the truth is that if u are voted in under a particular party if u want to decamp to another then u resign!
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Bruteforce101: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
anonimi:

Olisa Agbakoba is 61 years old and you say he is "currently going senile".
You are entitled to your opinion no doubt just as we are entitled to logical extrapolation thereof =>

At 71 can we assume that you will also say that General Muhammadu Buhari has gone senile

Mr Painter, You have been cursed to always post off point. Wetin concern Buhari for this matter? I will advice you to donate your empty brain. Arindin

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by LFJ: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Only God knows what happened to Agbakoba today. His argument on this case does not portray the argument of a lawyer of sound mind. You have to distinguish between morality and legality in this case and remove all form of sentiment for you to be able to put faward a sound argument.
On the basis of morality, the speaker may be wrong but the truth is that on the basis of our constitution the man has a justifiable reason. If we are to go on the basis of morality, let start from the beginning. Tell president Jonathan to honor his agreement with his party, tell GMB to honor his promise, tell all those who decamp to go back to their former party, tell Jonathan wife to return all benefits she received from Bayesa as perm sec ....

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
I need to be educated. Is the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives supposed to be a PDP position?
...the position of the Speakership of the House of Representative is not a PDP or APC slot.the Speakership of the House of Representative is occupied by the majority party,of which PDP is the majority party as at then and now.For Tambuwal to still retain the speakership under APC when the House reconvenes,there must be massive defection to APC which will make APC to be in the majority.anything short of this is not attainable...
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by spiceemman(m): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
"A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association"

"I said so because he has switched party. I am not talking about law. I am not interested in law. Sometimes we push the law too far and that is why this country is not growing."

Now hope y'all now understand why this country will not get better anytime soon. Because we had people like these in positions where they weren't suppose to be in the first place and they think their stupid and daft opinions still is important.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by DonDiego(m): 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
I need to be educated. Is the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives supposed to be a PDP position?

No, certainly not. The position wasn't created exclusively for the PDP. It was however made, just like that of the president and that of the Senate president, for the party which has a majority of the votes of Nigerians after every general election. As it is right now, that party happens to be the PDP. Tambuwal could make do with House Minority Leader since he's decided to join the minority party in the house.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nten: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
no it is not. But since he has defected to another party he should declare the seat vacant, because thats not the platform he attained that position with
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nten: 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
no it is not. But since he has defected to another party he should declare the seat vacant, because thats not the platform he attained that position with.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
A lawyer and a former NBA chairman saying he is not interested in the law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019: Duke, Ezekwesili, Agbakoba, Utomi In New Alliance, To Battle APC, PDP / Ade-Ojo: I Didn't Sell Collapsed Building Land To Osinbajo / Labour Leaders Block Wike, FCT Minister’s Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.