Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba (31183 Views)

UPDATE: Tambuwal Should Apply For Protection–police / For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Tambuwal Should Apologise For Visiting Aregbesola - Osun PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
ozo13:
u jus misinformed someone.fallacy .please quote DAT part of d constitution n please don't jus only d part u want.quote it in full.thanks
...if it's fallacy,why did the majority party always has the Speakership in the House of Representative since the commencement of the 4th republic?
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Montaque(m): 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
bigass:
This man has disappointed me. So what about all others who decamped before now? did they resign? Jonathan has bribed your brain Mr AgbaOle
truth is bitter, but thats the truth irrespective of previous lies.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Montaque(m): 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
LFJ:
Only God knows what happened to Agbakoba today. His argument on this case does not portray the argument of a lawyer of sound mind. You have to distinguish between morality and legality in this case and remove all form of sentiment for you to be able to put faward a sound argument.
On the basis of morality, the speaker may be wrong but the truth is that on the basis of our constitution the man has a justifiable reason. If we are to go on the basis of morality, let start from the beginning. Tell president Jonathan to honor his agreement with his party, tell GMB to honor his promise, tell all those who decamp to go back to their former party, tell Jonathan wife to return all benefits she received from Bayesa as perm sec ....
according to our Constitution,what justifiable reason does tambuwal has as per his defection?
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by ecnuel: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol. Only in Naija would a former president of the Bar Association, state boldly that he is not interested in the law. Wtf. So what shld he be interested in? My cute azz?

Guy, you misunderstood him. Legally, he is yet to be proved wrong. You and I know that will take a long time. He is interested in his moral standing. But when it comes to morality, which politician cares? Didnt uncle Jona promise he would go for only one term? Didnt uncle Fash promise he would go for only one term?

Morally, we all know Tambuwal did wrong. But what of unle Jona, when every sort of manipulation was going on to shut the door on other aspirants, what did he do?
Only the court can decide on Tambuwal. But be warned that court does not judge based on morals. BUT WITHOUT MORALS WE ARE GOING NO WHERE.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Fourwinds: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Lol. Only in Naija would a former president of the Bar Association, state boldly that he is not interested in the law. Wtf. So what shld he be interested in? My cute azz?
yes oooo. d man will like ur cute azz. he must have been smoking weed recently. where was he wen governors., rep members., senators and house of assembly honourables defected without resigning. he should go back to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by tblackE61(m): 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
If tambual resign is position as the speak of the house because he decamped from pdp to APC !! What abt mimiko of ondo state who decamp from the party (Labour Party) who brought him in as d governor of ondo state to pdp. Should mimiko too resign or what?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by tuetaraya(m): 9:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
I need to be educated. Is the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives supposed to be a PDP position?
he got the position because of the pdp majority, speaker is usually given to the party that has majority, so if he left pdp then he is supposed to vacate the sit
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Abraham2013(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
QMark:
I need to be educated. Is the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives supposed to be a PDP position?
D answer is YES by simple majority. Since dere is no individual candidature, d party wins election, not individual. If I lie, ask one rotimi amaechi in rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by poiZon: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
GentleMimi:

pikshore of ur ass or adonbilivju

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by skyfall: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
When the (ex) president of all lawyers in a country says he's not interested in the law, then know that something else is pushing him.

Shame!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Tranquill: 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
arsetalks:
So as Mimiko did not resign, Tambuwal should resign? And he is talking of double standard!!! Words fail me.

He is talking about the constitution which clearly says that national assembly members that leave their party authomatically lose their position. The constitution did not say so about governors.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 12, 2014
jacksparrow1207:

Seat biko
thanks for the correction! I appreciate
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by arsetalks(m): 12:11am On Nov 12, 2014
Tranquill:

He is talking about the constitution which clearly says that national assembly members that leave their party authomatically lose their position. The constitution did not say so about governors.
And he was not alive when APC law makers moved to PDP and vice versa?

And where did the law say so? Care to quote that portion of the law?
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by LFJ: 12:34am On Nov 12, 2014
Montaque:
according to our Constitution,what justifiable reason does tambuwal has as per his defection?

This must be your own constitution and not Nigeria constitution. The basis upon which the speaker based his defection is allow under Nigeria constitution. The only option for anybody like you who feel aggrieved by his defection is to go to court and provide evidence that their is no crisis in PDP in his state.
To help you out, Nigeria constitution does not tell us that the speaker of the house shd always go to the majority. The constitution only said there will be speaker of the house to be appointed among the honorable members of the house. If the majority that have power and can remove him with their voice said they are comfortable with him, where then is your right or the right of PDP or Mr president to decide for them.
In summary, the speaker has the right under Nigeria constitution based on what he claimed is happening in his state. If you have evidence to proof him wrong the court of law is open for you otherwise tell Mr Jonathan to bring part of our $20b to make the criminals in the house happy to help him out.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by LFJ: 1:15am On Nov 12, 2014
author=tuetaraya post=27931105]he got the position because of the pdp majority, speaker is usually given to the party that has majority, so if he left pdp then he is supposed to vacate the sit[quote]

As beautiful and logical your opinion sounded, it is not known to our constitution. Our constitution said there must be a speaker to be elected by the member of the house from the house. If the PDP member who are in majority want him as their speaker there is nothing you or me can do about that. Please, let us keep our sentiment for now.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by firefox4th(m): 5:20am On Nov 12, 2014
He should tell this to Jonathan instead of Tambuwa.Jonathan betrayed the trust given him.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Faitholu(m): 6:22am On Nov 12, 2014
[b][/b] All of you arguing in favour of Tambuwal, please can anyone cite anywhere in the world where the head of the Parliament or national assembly is in the minority? Why do we like to stand against commonsense and morality in this nation? Was Tambuwal born a speaker? If Mimiko defected and Labour Party did not talk, that is Labour not PDP! Would PDP talk for Labour? More so the constitution is silent on Governor defection but very clear on legislators, so blame d constitution not PDP. For now, Tambuwal know he has woke up sleep and he can't enjoy sleep. No one bite more than he can swallow without consequences.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Montaque(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2014
LFJ:

This must be your own constitution and not Nigeria constitution. The basis upon which the speaker based his defection is allow under Nigeria constitution. The only option for anybody like you who feel aggrieved by his defection is to go to court and provide evidence that their is no crisis in PDP in his state.
To help you out, Nigeria constitution does not tell us that the speaker of the house shd always go to the majority. The constitution only said there will be speaker of the house to be appointed among the honorable members of the house. If the majority that have power and can remove him with their voice said they are comfortable with him, where then is your right or the right of PDP or Mr president to decide for them.
In summary, the speaker has the right under Nigeria constitution based on what he claimed is happening in his state. If you have evidence to proof him wrong the court of law is open for you otherwise tell Mr Jonathan to bring part of our $20b to make the criminals in the house happy to help him out.
You dont need to use invectives when you know that what I mean by "our constitution" is the 1999 CFRN. I haven't told you that I am agrieved by his defection,I dont have to be,I just want to understand what your opinion is as per the defection. When you said those aggreived needs to provide evidence that there is no crisis in PDP sokoto state,were you implying that if there is crisis in PDP Sokoto state,Mr. Tambuwal can base his defection on that?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by rexzqcom(m): 7:21am On Nov 12, 2014
pacoubah:
Dis man must b in sane for suggesting such.in as much as I support d fact he shuld vacate d seat of a speaker,ders. No moral justification for him to quit as a. House member.this man is one of d problems we ar hving in dis country,cos his selfish desire has overwhelmed his political reasoning.tambuwal by all indication shuld vacate d seat he got as a member of d majority party in d house.its only in Nigeria dt u cn see where laws are turned upside down to interprete.a minority member being d house speaker.I wonder. If my knowledge of government. Formation after election is still intact. #giveyouthsachance

Though i haven't read all the comments, only yours seems to deal reasonably with the issue at stake.
Speakership is not a personal right, but a privilege of leadership of the majority party in the house. If Tambuwal
by defection makes APC majority, then apc can elect,select or appoint one of their member a speaker.
Certainly, apc might not grant such highly desire privilege to a new member like Tambuwal. Existing minority whip
will be first in line. But, if PDP without Tambuwal still hold majority of the seats, then pdp should appoint a new speaker.
Tambuwal was not elected by his constituents as a speaker, but a representative, which he can continue to be in the absent of a recall ballot by his constituents. Some suggested is the party not individuals that are voted for and elected. And as such leaving a party nullify your election legitimacy.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2014
Boc4real:
thanks for the correction! I appreciate

Lol. Funny u
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by akoraye(m): 8:51am On Nov 12, 2014
But this man calls himself a lawyer! Where was this opinion of his when ondo state speaker and some members of house of assemnly in ondo defected with mimiko to pdp. Was he sleeping then. Well! I dont blame him he is a member of PDP. But sometimes, I get disappointed when I hear this kind of ru**bb!sh from somebody that supposed to be a wise man due to his proffession. Anyway, Nigeria I hail ooooooo!
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Tranquill: 8:54am On Nov 12, 2014
arsetalks:
And he was not alive when APC law makers moved to PDP and vice versa?

And where did the law say so? Care to quote that portion of the law?

You can leave to another party if

1. There is crisis in your party or
2. If your party merges with another party.

So u can see that with the above, its easier to move to PDP by people you term APC lawmakers than PDP members. They may never have been APC members at all.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by babamoha(m): 9:00am On Nov 12, 2014
The point is that Agbakoba is a Pdp card carrying memeber.lobtan
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 12, 2014
jacksparrow1207:

Lol. Funny u
Thanks
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by arsetalks(m): 9:15am On Nov 12, 2014
Tranquill:

You can leave to another party if

1. There is crisis in your party or
2. If your party merges with another party.

So u can see that with the above, its easier to move to PDP by people you term APC lawmakers than PDP members. They may never have been APC members at all.
Where is the labour party?
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by blaqoracle: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by daryoor03(m): 10:52am On Nov 12, 2014
Has Olusegun Mimiko resign? NO.Then Aminu Tambuwal is going nowhere.
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by muktarmtt(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Splashme:
Tambuwal is a disgrace to Nigeria's democracy.
nd wat up mimiko
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by muktarmtt(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
arsetalks:
Was Agbakoba alive when APC law makers cross carpeted to PDP and Vice versa? Tambuwal should resign provided Mimiko also resigns. Both committed the same offense.
plus yuguda nd senator Amadu sharif
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Goddex: 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
daryoor03:
Has Olusegun Mimiko resign? NO.Then Aminu Tambuwal is going nowhere.

Typical janjaweeed mentality
Is a federal law maker same as a state governor?
Re: Tambuwal Should Go - Agbakoba by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Boc4real:
Thanks

How u calmly got me mouthshut got me laughing without knowing what else to type. I lk that mate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Pictures That Summarise 2016 For Nigerians / Bloomberg Poll Gives Peter Obi Clear Lead Ahead Of 2023 / Peter Obi Campaign Road Walk In Lagos (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.