Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! (37131 Views)

Five Funny Ways To Get Attended To Fast In Banks / Funny Ways To End A Relationship / Funny Ways Nigerian Responds To Good Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by skillzbae(f): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2014
Greeting: Goodmrng Reply: Sup (so annoying) Igala pple Greeting: Goodmrng Reply: Hw is morning (sooo funny)
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by datguru: 7:22am On Dec 09, 2014
Silensa:
My experience with the santamonus type. I was coming back from school in the hot afternoon sun only to meet a woman old enough to be my mum, i wanted to ignore her but my African upbringing won't allow me so i gathered the last strength left in me with a very sweet voice and said ''good after ma'' the reply i got nearly knocked me off my feet ''be born again so that God will bless you''
abeg what has greeting got to do with born again?

grin
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Heymus(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2014
Prettygal: Goodmorning me: wassup. Myguy: morning me: hwfa nah, wetin dey
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by MNDY(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2014
VenusBetty:
Good morning
Response: E-ehn

Lolz! I know this one very well! Very very funny I tell you!
------------------
And it feels like the impression that the person is passing across is "I no really send you."

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by holycup(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2014
But why is it that no one here has said what the correct response shud be.BTW
Some go dey form say dey knw am,waiting for someone else to say it...LOLZ shocked

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by papoose321: 7:31am On Dec 09, 2014
In France

Woman: bonjour

Me; Hwfa
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by gentlezypher: 7:34am On Dec 09, 2014
me: dee goodmorning
Reply: Nwa olee way
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by MNDY(m): 7:34am On Dec 09, 2014
skillzbae:
Greeting: Goodmrng Reply: Sup (so annoying) Igala pple Greeting: Goodmrng Reply: Hw is morning (sooo funny)

Why attribute that part to the Igalas when it is a general thing? I don't like what you just did!
---------------------
What I know some of we Igalas are guilty of with greeting is a prolonged extension of greetings with phrases like agba, awa, nago etc continously!
---------------------
I know persons who can extend greetings as described above for so long a time on a stand like crazy! Non-Igalas find that part of us quite amazing!

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2014
My parents do respond in a cool way then, Omega: Gud morning Elderly neighbour: Ehen ke ka ime? Omega: Gud mning My guy: Alobam ke ife n'eme? Omega: Babe gud mning Babe: oh my dear ow was ur night?......... Did u dream of me?........
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by vivaciouzz(f): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2014
Me: good morning

Reply:ehen,gumoni cry
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by remsonik(f): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2014
Good morning how was your night? Hope you slept well? Did you dream about me? What's happening today? Are you on your way to work? Hope there's no traffic? What are your plans for today?................................kai I just tire, who send me make I greet una good morning sef.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Burger01(m): 7:38am On Dec 09, 2014
davdandam:
grin amebo ones will respond like this. ....
You:good morning
Reply ;good morning oga, how are you, how was your night, how's family, how's your wife and your kids, we thank God, this weather cold o, wait are you hearing from that your sister? That one that got married,oh thank God. ...mummy and daddy nko, greet them for me o. You are going to work abi? That's great. Till you come, bring something o. .........haba mallam
All these because of 'good morning'!.. I better don't greet such person when we cross ways..

2 Likes

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by VivaLaFrans: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2014
ReVizz:
1. By nodding head like a Lizard that fell from up
without any
verbal reply.

2. The shy ones will show you the extent of their
blushing, by shining their unkept/incomplete teeth.

3. The bitter ones will grouchily reply: what is good
about the
morning?

4. The force one's will echo morn sir!.

5. The confidence people will go by , Good Morning, nice
to see
you/Good Morning, How are you?

6. Busy type will just say morning.

7. Sexy one will say Good Morning!" in a cheerful tone.

8.Notice
me people will respond in another
foreign/
local
language.
Add urs
Enemies of progress reply this way:
Me: Goodmorning sir.
Man: Uhum

2 Likes

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by VivaLaFrans: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2014
davdandam:
Reply ;good morning oga, how are you, how was your night, how's family, how's your wife and your kids, we thank God, this weather cold o, wait are you hearing from that your sister? That one that got married,oh thank God. ...mummy and daddy nko, greet them for me o. You are going to work abi? That's great. Till you come, bring something o. .........haba mallam
Thats a very good neighbor. He/She wants to show they care about you.
Or do you like the type that respond ''Uhum'' when you greet them?

2 Likes

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by VivaLaFrans: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2014
davdandam:
Thats a very good neighbor. He/She wants to show they care about you.
Or do you like the type that respond ''Uhum'' when you greet them? These type can destroy you with charms.

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by san316(m): 7:43am On Dec 09, 2014
The proud once will say 'hmm hmm' like a stammerer trying to muster a word.

The grateful ones will say thank you.

Me I always say "Even, how far!"
That's for those with swaggz
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by san316(m): 7:43am On Dec 09, 2014
The proud once will say 'hmm hmm' like a stammerer trying to muster a word.

The grateful ones will say thank you.

Me I always say "Ehen, how far!"
That's for those with swaggz
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by shizzleStar: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2014
okoromike:
The villagers are the worst............thiers range from GUBANING COOL, BURNING...........OR COOL BURNS.
lwkmd...i can attest to this grin
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:49am On Dec 09, 2014
The arrongant and ego-filled yoruba will say "bawo ni" or "s'owa pa" cool[img][/img] cool
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Dammyjohn(m): 7:53am On Dec 09, 2014
I believe that the kind response you get depends on who you are.
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by remigiusizunna(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2014
Face me I face u neighbor's are like
Me: Good morning
Neighbor: my brother
Hehehehehehahahaha

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2014
clemz88:
Noted .hope there will be ITEM 7

Dr. Nsukka has been kind enough to supply us with Sugarcane and groundnuts. pls inform others and be punctual!

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Ghyft(f): 8:01am On Dec 09, 2014
clemz88:
you there welcome to the association of space bookers.
Gracias grin
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by merit12(f): 8:01am On Dec 09, 2014
emusmith:
Good Morning #British Intonation #
correct your self
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Amuga(f): 8:03am On Dec 09, 2014
The one i hate most
you: Good morning
Response: Ehen
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by omoadeleye(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2014
wat abt me,

hehe good morning
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by eduxerxes: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2014
Fine Girl: Goodmorning
Me: goodmorning my dear, how'r u doing?

Others: Goodmorning
Me: morning!!!
Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by kunlesehan(m): 8:10am On Dec 09, 2014
davdandam:
hahahahaha... have a fantastic day, you made me laugh so early in the morning.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2014
ReVizz:
1. By nodding head like a Lizard that fell from up
without any
verbal reply.

2. The shy ones will show you the extent of their
blushing, by shining their unkept/incomplete teeth.

3. The bitter ones will grouchily reply: what is good
about the
morning?

4. The force one's will echo morn sir!.

5. The confidence people will go by , Good Morning, nice
to see
you/Good Morning, How are you?

6. Busy type will just say morning.

7. Sexy one will say Good Morning!" in a cheerful tone.

8.Notice
me people will respond in another
foreign/
local
language.
Add urs

you mean some one politely answer you with a smile is being shy? do you know a smile goes a long way in telling people you happy to see them? you are an assho.l.e

1 Like

Re: Funny Ways Nigerian Respond To Good Morning!!! by skillzbae(f): 8:16am On Dec 09, 2014
MNDY:

Why attribute that part to the Igalas when it is a general thing? I don't like what you just did!
---------------------
What I know some of we Igalas are guilty of with greeting is a prolonged extension of greetings with phrases like agba, awa, nago etc continously!
---------------------
I know persons who can extend greetings as described above for so long a time on a stand like crazy! Non-Igalas find that part of us quite amazing!
The fact that it is funny didnt mean its bad or wrong, due to work transfer, i av lived in so many parts of nigeria, i av nt heard any oda tribe use "how is morning". I lived in Ayingba for five(5) years nd dat is d only way i hear dem respond to greetings in english, dos oda ways u mentioned are igala response, which odudu a(nt sure of d spelling). (whch means how is morning) is included. Im open to learning, wat oda language uses "how is morning" I really wanna knw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Pranks Mother On April Fool's Day / Hilarious Memes For You After a Hectic Day / My Experience With A Generous Guy In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.