Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested (5731 Views)

Boko Haram Kingpins Busted And Arrested By Soldiers In Borno State. Photos / Fake LLM Degree Sends Nipss Boss Packing / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by thetruth90: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2008
Lil J:

Did the opponents not commit the crimes as alleged? And from your thread, you must be a corrupt and tribal bigot.

i am not corrupt, but i admit i am tribalistic. thank God i am not from the northern part of nigeria.

carmelily:

I wonder why truth90 has to bring ethnicity into this issue?

Do these ignorant clowns here fail to see that Ribadu did drag some of OBJ's croonies to face the long arm of the law? Were yahoo-yahoo boys OBJ's political enemies? Weren't Ibori and co. OBJ's friends?

In a sane society, people would be out there on the streets expressing their disgust at this unwarranted harrassment of one of the country's most brave and upright citizens. But no, Nigerians would get on Nairaland and start to yarn tribalistic dust. Mugus. This irritating mentality is the reason the country is in economic and social mess today.

the point is there is no detribalized nigerian. let everyone search his/her conscience. the obj friends that ribadu tried would have been let alone if they had remained stooges to obj. bode george, for example was never arrested over the fraud at NPA. we all know why.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by carmelily: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2008
thetruth90:

the point is there is no detribalized nigerian.

Please, stick to speaking for yourself.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lekpa: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED NUHU RIBADU IS A GOOD MAN. THERE IS NO ONE IN THIS COUNTRY ASSIGNED WITH SUCH POWER THAT WILL NOT DO CERTAIN THINGS WRONG. ITS POWERFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE THE CAUSE OF THIS. THEY WILL NOT LEAVE YOU TO DO THE RIGHT THING. THERE MUST BE A FRIEND OF THEIRS WHO THEY WILL COME TO ASK FOR A FAVOUR ON BEHALF.

NUHU DID HIS BEST IN THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING HIS JOB. LOOK HOW THE NEW LADY IS MESSING UP.

ITS A GROUP OF PEOPLE BEHIND THIS HIS ORDEAL. THEY WANT TO DEAL WITH HIM. IF NIGERIANS HAVE ANY DECENCY THEY WILL REACT TO THESE MEAN ACTIONS AGAINST RIBADU

I DONT KNOW THE MAN PERSONALLY, BUT I LIKE AND RESPECT HIM. HIS EFFORT IS COMMENDABLE.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by ADEOMOLE(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2008
There is nothing like Bad Publicity.
Thanks to those Securiy guys in JOS.

The drama in Jos have exposed the Yardua administration fight against
corruption. Joke of the century.

Ribadu is getting more popular by the day. Nigerians just love him.
Hmm Ribadu for president. I can smell it.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
the amount of effort they put to destroy Ribadu, if them channel am towards electricity, Nigeria go get 24hrs power supply in 3 months.

Yar'adua 8th point agenda na to destroy Ribadu and e dey very unfortunate say na only on this 8th he declare state of emergency
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by youngies(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2008
thetruth90:

i sincerely wish ribadu is imprisoned and dies in jail. serves him right. when he was being used by obasanjo to witchhunt opponents, does he ever remember that what goes around comes around? another useless hausa man.

Either you are an impostor, a charlattan, a bigot of the worst kind or the three of them combined. But before you continue with your asinine comments, may I remind you that many of us do not suffer from memory loss just like you.

We didn't get to see Ribadu witch-hunt Buhari, Col Umar Dangiwa, Gani Fawhemni, Wole Soynika, late Wada Nas, Dim Ojukwu, Sen. Ken Nnamani, CC Onoh, late Adesanya, Comrade Adams Oshiomole and list goes on. These are avowed critics of OBJ, they have never seen anything good in Obj, yet Ribadu didn't go after them. Don't you know why? He has nothing on them

Ribadu went after characters like Tafa Balogun, DSP Alams, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani, Peter Odili, late Afolabi, James Ibori, Jolly Inyame, Dariye, Fabian Osuji, Mike Adenuga, Mohammed Babangida and the list goes on. Many of the characters here are renowed Obj's "friends". There shouldn't be any reason why Ribadu should come after them, yet he went. Guess you know why? They have a common denominator - he has so much on them.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by otokx(m): 3:11pm On Nov 25, 2008
Just heard he has been posted to Benin; Oshiomole will take very good care of him.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by cre8tivity(f): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2008
We didn't get to see Ribadu witch-hunt Buhari, Col Umar Dangiwa, Gani Fawhemni, Wole Soynika, late Wada Nas, Dim Ojukwu, Sen. Ken Nnamani, CC Onoh, late Adesanya, Comrade Adams Oshiomole and list goes on. These are avowed critics of OBJ, they have never seen anything good in Obj, yet Ribadu didn't go after them. Don't you know why? He has nothing on them

my friend youngies, so, u think all these names you've listed are clean people?
have you asked yourself why he didn't go after obasojo or ibb or iyabo obasojo or adediibu and many other openly corrupt nigerians?
have you also asked yourself why he openly declared obasojo as a clean nigerian?
do you think ribadu knew anything about the election rigging all across nigeria?
please, let us use our common sense correctly. we all know that nigeria as a whole is a dangerous zoo, but ribadu also happens to be one of the dangerous animals in the zoo. ribadu did ok, he did his best, but his best is not the best we should be worshipping.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by oludunamis(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
@brownbonno and boyscout

God bless you.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by favcom(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
Thank GOD they've given him his certificates
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by thetruth90: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2008
youngies:

Either you are an impostor, a charlattan, a bigot of the worst kind or the three of them combined. But before you continue with your asinine comments, may I remind you that many of us do not suffer from memory loss just like you.

Ribadu went after characters like Tafa Balogun, DSP Alams, Orji Kalu, Chimaroke Nnamani, Peter Odili, late Afolabi, James Ibori, Jolly Inyame, Dariye, Fabian Osuji, Mike Adenuga, Mohammed Babangida and the list goes on. Many of the characters here are renowed Obj's "friends". There shouldn't be any reason why Ribadu should come after them, yet he went. Guess you know why? They have a common denominator - he has so much on them.

re-read those lines and see if it makes sense.

cre8tivity:

my friend youngies, so, u think all these names you've listed are clean people?
have you asked yourself why he didn't go after obasojo or ibb or iyabo obasojo or adediibu and many other openly corrupt nigerians?
have you also asked yourself why he openly declared obasojo as a clean nigerian?
do you think ribadu knew anything about the election rigging all across nigeria?
please, let us use our common sense correctly. we all know that nigeria as a whole is a dangerous zoo, but ribadu also happens to be one of the dangerous animals in the zoo. ribadu did ok, he did his best, but his best is not the best we should be worshipping.

thank God there are still reasonable persons like you.

either you like it or not, ribadu is more corrupt than those he were used to witchhunt, label me anything that you want. i care not,
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by chidichris(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2008
can someone here deferentiate ribadu under obj and mustapha under abacha.
in comparism, they are both security dogs while in contrast one served in a civil rule while the other was in his military capacity.
obj was a victim of mustapha/abacha's madness and decided to treat that Bleep-up as soon as he became president so what wld a wise man expect at the end of such a bullish tenure.
99% of nigerians knew till date that ribadu was into a full fledged selected justice and we saw how active he was during atiku matter while he was blind to all matter related to bode george under the nigerian ports authorities, adedibu in oyo, toney annenih and the lagos -benin expressway road contract, andy uba and his presidential jet money laundary issues in the usa.
he was used and am sure he got enough money like his coleague - el rufai so let him bear his cross.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by thetruth90: 5:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
chidichris:

can someone here deferentiate ribadu under obj and mustapha under abacha.
in comparism, they are both security dogs while in contrast one served in a civil rule while the other was in his military capacity.
obj was a victim of mustapha/abacha's madness and decided to treat that mess-up as soon as he became president so what would a wise man expect at the end of such a bullish tenure.
99% of nigerians knew till date that ribadu was into a full fledged selected justice and we saw how active he was during atiku matter while he was blind to all matter related to bode george under the nigerian ports authorities, adedibu in oyo, toney annenih and the lagos -benin expressway road contract, andy uba and his presidential jet money laundary issues in the usa.
he was used and am sure he got enough money like his coleague - el rufai so let him bear his cross.

you are talking! thank God a little percentage of nigerians can still reason very well.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by shinystar(m): 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
Let us not shed tears for poor Nuhu for he is the architect of his own misfortune. He was fighting for Obasanjo and not Nigeria. He enjoyed power when his godfather was there; Now that he is out, he should expect their enemies will fight back. Please, he is just another politician out there who is now in the wrong camp. He deserves even much more, going by how he hounded Obasanjo's enemies without recourse to rule of law.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2008
nigerians don drink the cool aide on obj

what about iweala, el-rufi, soludo,

all na obj mimister, i hope dem be coorupt tooo?

make una wake, yar'adua na him be the thief
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Soundmind(m): 11:41am On Nov 26, 2008
It serves him right.
When you are pointing one finger, three are pointing at you.
Ribadu should have known by now that where he failed was more than where he did well.
I have no mercy or pity for him.
He should not lonly be prosecuted but be jailed.
He is power drunk.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by anonimi: 1:40pm On Nov 26, 2008
Soundmind:

Ribadu should have known by now that where he failed was more than where he did well.

would you mind sharing with us the statistics with which you arrived at this conclusion?
a list of where he failed compared to another list of where he did well will suffice.
thanks in advance.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by 1luvkipsus: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2008
I can only shut myself in my room and cry bitterly for this country. We are doomed!!!!
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by SegzyJoe(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ Mckren
[b]Till thy kingdom come, I will not agree that Ribadu was selective as EFCC boss because the premise of that argument is wrong.

No one knows who OBJ's friends are other than OBJ himself.

The idea that the selectivity argument held traction tells more about how informed we are as a Nation more than anything else. The number one opposition leader in the country who was Rtd General Buhari was never a guest of the EFCC, Ken Nnamani whose steadfastness helped defeat third term was never a guest of the EFCC.

Why because they had no question of corruption to answer. So this idea that when a thief is asked to give account of their stewardship they tell you they quarelled with the President the previous night that is why they are being persecuted is just silly.

What is even more sillier is the fact that it was Nigeria's money that was stolen and not Ribadu's. Yet Nigerians are rejoicing that Ribadu got what he deserved.

don't tell me Mr So So has not been caught because the EFCC was not the only law enforcement agency at the time. We had the police and the ICPC too. So Ribadu can not catch everone alone.

The man did his job with distinction in my book.
Our country has a long way to go . . . . . President Yar'adua, Mike Aondoakaa, Farida Waziri and Mike Okiro should remember that power is transient.

Am with you man, none of these people accusing Ribadu of selective justice could denied that thsoe prosecuted by Ribadu were thieves. I know most of us have our biases, i don't see why an AC man will see Ribadu well, but this is an issue of national importance that we need not joke with, a matter that result in a moral dilema and perversion for the younger generation.
[/b]
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by cre8tivity(f): 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2008
instead of doing this back and forth about this man, why can't we settle down and carefully evaluate all the charges that fed govt or efcc has brought against this man? (1) ribadu wants power, but his seniors want him to wait for his time (2) ribadu continues to ignore the invitation of the efcc (3) ribadu has taken fed govt/ efcc to court to challenge his demotion decision.
in my eyes what this man is going through is normal. you can not be disrespecting your seniors and expect things to be jolly like xmas. you can not be taking the institution that you still work for to court and expect fatherxmas to visit your at home. and you can not be intentionally ignoring the invitation of efcc and expect the president to give you an award. i don't care where you're from or who you are, it just doesn't work this way. for a minute we should all forget being bias and call it what it is. i could even remember ribadu as the chairman of efcc, how he forcefully arrested people using all kinds of military machineries just because these people ignored the invitation of this same efcc. ribadu needs to recognize that he's first a citizen of nigeria, he isn't better than any of us. the fed or efcc has the right to treat him like a criminal if he refuses to obey the rules. afterall, this was his mo "method of operation" during his time as the chairman of efcc NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW. so, why are we all acting like fools? just because you've done "a great job" doesn't give you permission to misbehave. american army that lost both legs in iraq must still follow the rules or else he will be jailed like any other person. it is that simple.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Tapiya(m): 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
SegzyJoe:

@ Mckren
[b]Till thy kingdom come, I will not agree that Ribadu was selective as EFCC boss because the premise of that argument is wrong.

No one knows who OBJ's friends are other than OBJ himself.

The idea that the selectivity argument held traction tells more about how informed we are as a Nation more than anything else. The number one opposition leader in the country who was Rtd General Buhari was never a guest of the EFCC, Ken Nnamani whose steadfastness helped defeat third term was never a guest of the EFCC.

Why because they had no question of corruption to answer. So this idea that when a thief is asked to give account of their stewardship they tell you they quarelled with the President the previous night that is why they are being persecuted is just silly.

What is even more sillier is the fact that it was Nigeria's money that was stolen and not Ribadu's. Yet Nigerians are rejoicing that Ribadu got what he deserved.

don't tell me Mr So So has not been caught because the EFCC was not the only law enforcement agency at the time. We had the police and the ICPC too. So Ribadu can not catch everone alone.

The man did his job with distinction in my book.
Our country has a long way to go . . . . . President Yar'adua, Mike Aondoakaa, Farida Waziri and Mike Okiro should remember that power is transient.

Am with you man, none of these people accusing Ribadu of selective justice could denied that thsoe prosecuted by Ribadu were thieves. I know most of us have our biases, i don't see why an AC man will see Ribadu well, but this is an issue of national importance that we need not joke with, a matter that result in a moral dilema and perversion for the younger generation.
[/b]
The truth is what you have just said,

If all Obasanjo's friends were thieves or all his enemies were people that were stealing from the characters specified as Alams, Dariye, Bonni  and the rest of them then Nigeria should be happy that we had someone that did not want thieves as friends, can someone stand up and say how many Innocent People Ribadu harrased? or is it the Yahoo boys that he fought against that we are talking about? Lai was talking about Atiku and Bonni were this people not thieves or are they still not under Investigation? All am saying is I feel really sorry for Nigeria, its the way Nigerians behave that Ribadu had to follow, you will see a thief running to the court to obtain an injuction so he could be shielded from Prosecution and becos he knew its their way he had to stand up to them but see an administration that says its fighting corruption how many of those Big thieves do we have in Jail now? Ribadu was Human afterall he made mistakes we agree but really what are the offenses that led to the arrest? Professional misconduct and all that till today no one has actually come up to say its becos he stole this or stole that but common professional Misconduct that is happenin everywhere in town you see a Police man dressed with Slippers and Drinking Burukutu with his Uniform and all that, So he is deceiving who? can Nigerians wake up and forget about Vendatta? can we Raise up against injustice and deceit? well Na God hand we dey.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by cre8tivity(f): 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2008
can Nigerians wake up and forget about Vendatta? can we Raise up against injustice and deceit? well Na God hand we dey
we keep on mixing up things. ribadu is going through this mess because he refuses to follow the rules, the same rules that he helped to mold. i do not think it has anything to do with injustice or deceit. ribadu just needs to stop acting like an illiterate and follow the rules. it is clear to all that he has many enemies and this is why i think it is very important for him not to fall into this visible trap that they've setup for him. the man needs to grow up, do what needs to be done, play the game right and wait for his time. there is time for everything.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by naylove(m): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
Ribadu might have made mince meat of the saying that if u must dine with the devil, make sure ur fork is longer than his. i guess now he knows not to dine with the devil unless u intend to make it a life affair.We pray for u.Mr Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by toshmann(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
i'm just sitting down here and prayinh . . .and fasting . . . and hoping . . that we dont wake up one day and say . . "why didnt the 3rd term of OBJ work" . . embarassed
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Tapiya(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2008
toshmann:

i'm just sitting down here and prayinh . . .and fasting . . . and hoping . . that we don't wake up one day and say . . "why didnt the 3rd term of OBJ work" . . embarassed

Bros I concore.

I no be the concuring Member like that o' But looking at the way things are happening in Nigeria today I dont have a choice but to agree with you on this.

God we dont want to ask why did the 3rd term thing not work, please save our face and our Country. I love Nija

Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by violent(m): 11:43pm On Nov 26, 2008
Ribadu's only crime was that he dared
He dared to call sin by its right name
He dared to stand up against the political bigots who believe they can feed fat on the country's goodies and still get celebrated
He dared to call for sanity in an enviroment where insanity is the order of the day
He dared to challenge his demotion
He dared to fight against the so called big and untouchables of this country
But before we hang this man, the questions we ought to ask ourselves are
Has this man has been an instrument of positive change to the society or not?
Had he not bowed to pressures from Obasanjo's administration, could he have achieved the much he did?
If he had followed "due legal process" with the same thieves he intended to catch directing the helm of affiars, could he have achieved the much he did?
How do we compare the efforts of the current EFCC administration with the past in terms of ridding the country of corrupt politicians?
Are we really fighting against corruption or just making a hell of noise??
I weep for Nigeria, in my own opinion, we all ought to declare a day TEARS FOR NIGERIA
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Saddam: 2:45am On Nov 27, 2008
Its Good For Nuhu, Chief supporter of Crime,
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Tapiya(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2008
cre8tivity:

we keep on mixing up things. ribadu is going through this mess because he refuses to follow the rules, the same rules that he helped to mold. i do not think it has anything to do with injustice or deceit. ribadu just needs to stop acting like an illiterate and follow the rules. it is clear to all that he has many enemies and this is why i think it is very important for him not to fall into this visible trap that they've setup for him. the man needs to grow up, do what needs to be done, play the game right and wait for his time. there is time for everything.

What are you talking about Mixxing things up?

what are the right things you expect Ribadu to follow? that he was demoted because they wanted to Humiliate him? or they sent him To Kuru just becos they wanted to get rid of him? cant you read the Handwritting on the wall? Is it not Deceit? are you saying that Okiro did not know that he does not deserve the Promotion and that he was supposed to be a DCP and therefore as a DCP he cannot go to NIPPS but yet they sent him there cos they wanted him out as the EFCC chairman so they can put someone they can control? what was the Genesis of this wahala? it was when Aandooka started the option of making EFCC report to him before they prosecute and Ribadu Kicked against it was it not? so dear forumite look at your facts before you start talking. the Government is Anti ribadu and Anti Progress BBC called the Driver Baba Go Slow and I agreed, God will help US.
I rest my case.

Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by sharpman1(m): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2008
toshmann:

i'm just sitting down here and prayinh . . .and fasting . . . and hoping  . . that we don't wake up one day and say . . "why didnt the 3rd term of OBJ work" . .  embarassed

Like you read my mind.

I honestly think that OBJ was a much better leader. He seemed to have some direction and he knew what he was doing.
He also had the interest of the country in mind but his approach was appalling. He lost my respect because of that.

But the current one? i can't shout. The guy is just too --------------------- (fill in the blanks).

We are in for some real big trouble. Thank God 2011 is almost here because i can't wait to wake up from this nightmare.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 27, 2008
OBJ asserted himself, he took control/responsibility for all he was doing. Yardy is just not there. Like a lecturer that never shows up for lectures but sends all the course notes through the course rep.

What he should know is that nature abhors a vacuum. If he doesnt take control other peeps will. Like his family members. Or that other, uncouth portion of our society we all love to hate. the peppersoup & beer parlour squad tongue (apologies Alozie Ogugbuaja)
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by shetan: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2008
Let's face facts on this issue. Ribadu, i believe is experiencing What AC(action congress) calls poetic justice. Law of karma, if u like. I think it is outright mischief for anybody to say he doesnt know Ribadu was a tool in the hands of Obasanjo, witch hunting his perceived enemies. Did u see the way he molested Tafa Balogun? How about disobeying court orders or selecting which court orders to obey like his paymaster, Obasanjo? He is now running to the same court to seek redress when the iG issued him a query. Remember he couldnt touch Bode George, OBJ's crony. Now this same bode George is now being investigated. Let him stew in his own juice.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
AC don proove again say they are not ready to lead

them be alliance for corruption

Farida Waziri claim yesterday say she don recover 10b naira. We are taking note, only God know where she recover the money from. when she commot for EFCC make she no claim say the money no reach like that oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! / Breaking News: APC Rigging Lagos Election Live - Election Results Missing / Tears! See How Woman Killed A Young Man Through Penis Enlargement Injection.pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.