Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic (1248 Views)

PDP Lagos Guber Candidate Jimi Agbaje Makes Serious Allegations Against LASAA / Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic / Driver & Soldier Arrested On 3rd Mainland Bridge Driving Against Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Aderostock(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State on Friday arrested an employee of the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency, Israel Onyemaechi, for driving against traffic.
It was learnt that Fashola arrested Onyemaechi for committing the offence on Awolowo Road, Ikorodu, while he was inspecting projects in the Ikorodu and Epe areas.
PUNCH Metro learnt that the governor’s convoy blocked the suspect’s vehicle and he was brought down from the blue bus which was branded LASAA.
The driver reportedly pleaded with the governor but Fashola was said to have been angered by the fact that he expected employees of the state to lead by example.
Onyemaechi was said to have been apprehended by the governor’s security detail while the vehicle was impounded.
The governor has been known to arrest traffic offenders in the past.
On July 17, 2012, the governor accosted a colonel, K. I. Yusuf, for plying the BRT lane along the Outer Marina.
The governor has also been known to arrest several commercial motorcycle riders plying restricted routes.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/fashola-arrests-lasaa-employee-for-driving-against-traffic/

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Aderostock(m): 12:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
Fashola was said to have been angered by the fact that he expected employees of the state to lead by example.
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Rules should be abide by.
They are not made for the pauperised only but all.
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lagos is providing employment to the Ibos without bias...but some people won't see that...they'll scream..."he's deporting our people"

Lagos govt has an ibo in its cabinet. Show me where else this is done.

We need mutual love and understanding...don't let PdP divide us across religious ethnic lines pls.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by cellors: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
soe:
Lagos is providing employment to the Ibos without bias...but some people won't see that...they'll scream..."he's deporting our people"
Lagos govt has an ibo in its cabinet. Show me where else this is done.
We need mutual love and understanding...don't let PdP divide us across religious ethnic lines pls.

I like your line of thought. We shouldn't be divided along religious/ethnic lines oo.
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by tit(f): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
fashola is turning the office of lagos governor into a laughing stock.
does he not have traffic police who should control traffic?
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Ovamboland(m): 5:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
tit:

Daft comment, Fasola was present when the offence was committed and he acted, it is normally the duty of every citizen to apprehend law breakers when able.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by freezy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ovamboland:

Daft comment, Fasola was present when the offence was committed and he acted, it is normally the duty of every citizen to apprehend law breakers when able.

True bro. Very daft comment. One cannot but wonder where their school of thought sprouted from

1 Like

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by loopman: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
tit:

Madam, you are always getting it wrong. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by vincencior(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Fashola na action man. Let the culprit face the full wrath of the law.
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Alphaoscar: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
tit:

Because the offender Na your brother or because none of your governors are able to lead by example? R.I.P. to your conscience .

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Aderostock(m): 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
tit:
Too many intellectually lazy people online. It says clearly that he was arrested by the governor’s security details. driving against traffic is dangerous and people get killed everyday because of such dangerous driving . i witness one yesterday.when will people start speaking up,we cannot keep living like animals in this country and think it is okay.
Re: Fashola Arrests LASAA Employee For Driving Against Traffic by Aderostock(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
This Onyekachi is sick therefore the best Governor Fashola should do for him and mankind is to sack him and make sure that his licence is withdrawn from him because he is dangerous to both himself and other road users. But now let us come back to reality! Has this man Onyekachi got any training before driving on the road? Who issued him the licence to drive? Was he qualified to drive at all? Was he drunk or not at that time? My dear countrymen, we have no respect for the laws of the land.
How then can Nigeria be a great nation. No nation inhabited by lawless people ever made it to the top!

(1) (Reply)

Most Nairaland Topics Are Difficult For Non Nigerians To Understand? / Buhari: I Am Not A Fundamentalist, Atiku: Wish Me Success, Not Good Luck / Erratic Power Supply Is Affecting Commercial Sex Workers’ Business In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.