Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Three Stages Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Three Stages Of Love (2230 Views)

The 3 stages that determine the outcome of any romantic affair. / The Three Stages Of A Man's Life / Three Stages Of Relationship That Makes A Good Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Stages Of Love by slimpuppy(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2006
Stage 1: Lust

Lust is driven by the sex hormones testosterone and oestrogen. Testosterone is not confined only to men. It has also been shown to play a major role in the sex drive of women. These hormones as Helen Fisher says "get you out looking for anything".

Stage 2: Attraction

This is the truly love-struck phase. When people fall in love they can think of nothing else. They might even lose their appetite and need less sleep, preferring to spend hours at a time daydreaming about their new lover.

In the attraction stage, a group of neuro-transmitters called 'monoamines' play an important role:

Dopamine - Also activated by cocaine and nicotine

Norepinephrine - Otherwise known as adrenalin. Starts us sweating and gets the heart racing

Serotonin - One of love's most important chemicals and one that may actually send us temporarily insane

Discover which type of partner you're attracted to by taking our face perception test.

Stage 3: Attachment

This is what takes over after the attraction stage, if a relationship is going to last. People couldn't possibly stay in the attraction stage forever, otherwise they'd never get any work done!

Attachment is a longer lasting commitment and is the bond that keeps couples together when they go on to have children. Important in this stage are two hormones released by the nervous system, which are thought to play a role in social attachments
Re: Three Stages Of Love by luvlymoi(f): 3:23am On Aug 07, 2006
nice!!!
Re: Three Stages Of Love by iice(f): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2006
Am i the only one who thinks attraction comes before lust or is it because i see attraction as the power of drawing one closer to something b4 you start lusting after it and once tasted, it becomes an addiction hence attachment
Re: Three Stages Of Love by luvlymoi(f): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2006
iice:

Am i the only one who thinks attraction comes before lust or is it because i see attraction as the power of drawing one closer to something before you start lusting after it and once tasted, it becomes an addiction hence attachment
yes girl i also think attraction comes before lust infact is the lust by force sef cos wen i started datin i remember the attraction but not the lust infact my mind didnt even go there so me i dont know o!
Re: Three Stages Of Love by slimpuppy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
thanks all for your contribution
invite others let's discuss
Re: Three Stages Of Love by beyunce(f): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2006
Nice. really nice
Re: Three Stages Of Love by dondele(m): 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2006
i dont think there is anything to discuss here cuzz ppl just fall in love somtimes crazily, in a way you will never dream off. i think is attraction b4 lust then r/ship. dont know about the attachment.
Re: Three Stages Of Love by muntakamo(m): 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2006
that nice.
Re: Three Stages Of Love by PrinceTolu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2006
You know one thing I'd like to tell you. When yu feel uncontrolable attraction towards sombody at the begining of a relationship, then that is lust not love. Love grows between two people. I think you've heard about the saying that says the best person you can marry is your best friend.
Naturally afriend is someone you love and can forgive and forgive and forgive. You got what I mean?
If you take note, most people that feel attracted to each other at the begining of their relationship break up after having enough of what attracted them. Sex.
That's all I gatta say.
Re: Three Stages Of Love by iice(f): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2006
uhuh undecided
Re: Three Stages Of Love by bechex(m): 7:53am On Aug 22, 2006
3 stages of love, very eye opening grin
Re: Three Stages Of Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2006
intresting
Re: Three Stages Of Love by kinzolic(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2006
A real eye opener.Tx 4 educating us better
Re: Three Stages Of Love by babonboard(f): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2006
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
to me you get attracted to the person b4 loving up
Re: Three Stages Of Love by Ruddyface(f): 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
luvlymoi:

yes girl i also think attraction comes before lust infact is the lust by force sef because when i started datin i remember the attraction but not the lust infact my mind didnt even go there so me i don't know o!

It depends on the person, please. It could be even be attachment (out of fear,insecurity or adulation) and then attraction and finally lust/love.
Re: Three Stages Of Love by Orchlady: 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2008
iice and luvlymoi that was a really stupid thing two of you said
you still thing life is a fairy tale. Lust comes first always after all
we ladies cant help it when a guy looking like Brad Pitt comes
around us.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Most Nigerian Girelsa Have Big Stomachs? / Guys, Can You Marry An Older Woman / Pls I Need Ur Advice,am In A Mess.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.