Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? (15342 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Charlene & Sharon Oyakhilome: Daughters Of Pastor Chris & Anita (Picture) / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by macof(m): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
stop being foolish. if u dnt know something, it is better u keep quiet. this is bible we are discussing here, not science.

Quite my point. The Bible is so silly that it states men from the sky came in legions to get women pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by tiswell(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
Katier00:
can you prove that pls
sadsad
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Mrval20(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Katier00:
really? God the father, son and spirit are all one and same God. They are three persons in one God. Even if you are right, dnt you think he made angels in his own image and likeness too ?

The Bible never told us how the angels came to be(or maybe, I haven't come across it) but I think since He made us(man) in his own image and likeness, and judging by the descriptions of angels in the Bible(Michael, Gabriel, etc), they have the image and likeness of man....therefore, angels also have the image and likeness of G-d.
I'm also sure the angels weren't in existence during creation.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Mrval20(m): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
gatiano:
but there was no mention of where GOD created the spirit and a son, if there was a son, then there must be a woman.
Yeah, it wasn't mentioned. But remember "In the beginning, G-d created the Heavens and Earth...." I think that passage was referring to the TRINITY already. Therefore, the Spirit and Son just came to be, just like The Father...Within the same time frame, apparently.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Mrval20:

The Bible never told us how the angels came to be(or maybe, I haven't come across it) but I think since He made us(man) in his own image and likeness, and judging by the descriptions of angels in the Bible(Michael, Gabriel, etc), they have the image and likeness of man....therefore, angels also have the image and likeness of G-d.
I'm also sure the angels weren't in existence during creation.
I agree you. So is it not possible that angels have s*x organ and urges or can feel sad or happy, just like man, after all it was an angel that rebelled against God another typical characterics of a man. Do you think angels share same nature as man
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
tiswell:
sadsad
why long face dear
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Mrval20(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Katier00:
I agree you. So is it not possible that angels have s*x organ and urges or can feel sad or happy, just like man, after all it was an angel that rebelled against God another typical characterics of a man. Do you think angels share same nature as man
Well if you ask me, something is missing, wrongly recorded or wrongly translated in that part of the Bible. Why? Because I haven't come across any other chapter in the bible where 'the sons of G-d' was used to refer to heavenly beings or angels as the case may be.
Those 'sons of G-d' might just be other inhabitants of heaven, who are purely human, but whose existence weren't properly recorded.
No one is really sure of the right answer to this, we're just bloody mortals. Lol
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by gatiano(m): 8:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
the day has been kind of moody, you know pressing weather, you changed everything brother. i couldn't help it. i bursted, the laughter was so sudden. on a serious note, are you serious?
Mrval20:

Yeah, it wasn't mentioned. But remember "In the beginning, G-d created the Heavens and Earth...." I think that passage was referring to the TRINITY already. Therefore, the Spirit and Son just came to be, just like The Father...Within the same time frame, apparently.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Mrval20(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
gatiano:
the day has been kind of moody, you know pressing weather, you changed everything brother. i couldn't help it. i bursted, the laughter was so sudden. on a serious note, are you serious?
It's good for your health, brosmiley
I can't be more serious about it. That was just an opinion and like I said, I stand to be corrected. Peace.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by tiswell(m): 9:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Katier00:
why long face dear
i never knew u are a philosopher.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
macof:

Quite my point. The Bible is so silly that it states men from the sky came in legions to get women pregnant
u dnt understand the bible. so quit being foolish.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by macof(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
u dnt understand the bible. so quit being foolish.

I understand the Bible more than ur dead holy spirit that is sucking ur brain

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
macof:

I understand the Bible more than ur dead holy spirit that is sucking ur brain
i know u are very sick. Can u now go and cure ur sickness. I dnt even know why i'm replying a dumb and silly post this?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ukutsgp:
u are the one that is ignorant. how does Christianity confine europe to gloom? instead of the other way round. just go and sit at one corner.

You are very ignorant. Religion put man in gloom for years until the Age of Enlightenment when some men began to think for themselves.

Prior to that age, your Christianity taught men that:

1. The earth was flat

2. The sky was concrete

3. There was an ocean over us which is why the sky is blue (of course, Da Vinci debunked this ridiculous claim and became an enemy of the church)

4. There was a store house for hail, rain, snow

5. Earthquake was caused by the wrath of God

6. Epilepsy is caused by evil spirits

7. Deafness and dumbness are caused by deaf and dumb spirits.

Your Christianity made men dumb and kept Europe in darkness. Enlightened men such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo, etc, were even persecuted for holding views contrary to those of your Christianity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2014
hifaif:

You are very ignorant. Religion put man in gloom for years until the Age of Enlightenment when some men began to think for themselves.

Prior to that age, your Christianity taught men that:

1. The earth was flat

2. The sky was concrete

3. There was an ocean over us which is why the sky is blue (of course, Da Vinci debunked this ridiculous claim and became an enemy of the church)

4. There was a store house for hail, rain, snow

5. Earthquake was caused by the wrath of God

6. Epilepsy is caused by evil spirits

7. Deafness and dumbness are caused by deaf and dumb spirits.

Your Christianity made men dumb and kept Europe in darkness. Enlightened men such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo, etc, were even persecuted for holding views contrary to those of your Christianity
i dnt know where u got all these ur bunch of lies from? But one thing is certain, the bible was the first to predict that the earth was a sphere(circular in shape). When u read the book of psalm u will see that it gave a perfect discription of the earth before scientist came with their findings which prove the bible to be 100% correct.

U are just spreading lies all around. Go and find something else to do. Ok.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i dnt know where u got all these ur bunch of lies from? But one thing is certain, the bible was the first to predict that the earth was a sphere(circular in shape). When u read the book of psalm u will see that it gave a perfect discription of the earth before scientist came with their findings which prove the bible to be 100% correct.

U are just spreading lies all around. Go and find something else to do. Ok.

You guys are damn lazy. Was it not your Christianity that tried killing Galileo for daring to say the earth was round and not flat.

OK, I posted these to one ignorant fellow like you. Please, educate yourself:

The Enlightenment was a sprawling intellectual,
philosophical, cultural, and social movement that
spread through England, France, Germany, and
other parts of Europe during the 1700s. Enabled by
the Scientific Revolution, which had begun as early
as 1500, the Enlightenment represented about as
big of a departure as possible from the Middle
Ages—the period in European history lasting from
roughly the fifth century to the fifteenth.

The millennium of the Middle Ages had been
marked by unwavering religious devotion and
unfathomable cruelty. Rarely before or after did the
Church have as much power as it did during those
thousand years. With the Holy Roman Empire as a
foundation, missions such as the Crusades and
Inquisition were conducted in part to find and
persecute heretics, often with torture and death.
Although standard at the time, such harsh
injustices would eventually offend and scare
Europeans into change. Science, though
encouraged in the late Middle Ages as a form of
piety and appreciation of God’s creation, was
frequently regarded as heresy, and those who tried
to explain miracles and other matters of faith faced
harsh punishment. Society was highly hierarchical,
with serfdom a widespread practice. There were
no mandates regarding personal liberties or rights,
and many Europeans feared religion—either at the
hands of an unmerciful God or at the hands of the
sometimes brutal Church itself.

The Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment,
however, opened a path for independent thought,
and the fields of mathematics, astronomy, physics,
politics, economics, philosophy, and medicine
were drastically updated and expanded. The
amount of new knowledge that emerged was
staggering. Just as important was the enthusiasm
with which people approached the Enlightenment:
intellectual salons popped up in France,
philosophical discussions were held, and the
increasingly literate population read books and
passed them around feverishly. The Enlightenment
and all of the new knowledge thus permeated
nearly every facet of civilized life. Not everyone
participated, as many uneducated, rural citizens
were unable to share in the Enlightenment during
its course. But even their time would come, as the
Enlightenment also prompted the beginning of the
Industrial Revolution, which provided rural dwellers
with jobs and new cities in which to live.

http://m.sparknotes.com/history/european/enlightenment/context.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
@Ukutsgp, please, quote a bible verse that says that the earth is spherical?

And please, don't you know that there is a difference between circular and spherical.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2014
hifaif:
@Ukutsgp, please, quote a bible verse that says that the earth is spherical?

And please, don't you know that there is a difference between circular and spherical.
read isaiah 40:22. Is spherical nt circular in form?

Thank u for derailing the thread.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2014
hifaif:

You guys are damn lazy. Was it not your Christianity that tried killing Galileo for daring to say the earth was round and not flat.

OK, I posted these to one ignorant fellow like you. Please, educate yourself:

The Enlightenment was a sprawling intellectual,
philosophical, cultural, and social movement that
spread through England, France, Germany, and
other parts of Europe during the 1700s. Enabled by
the Scientific Revolution, which had begun as early
as 1500, the Enlightenment represented about as
big of a departure as possible from the Middle
Ages—the period in European history lasting from
roughly the fifth century to the fifteenth.

The millennium of the Middle Ages had been
marked by unwavering religious devotion and
unfathomable cruelty. Rarely before or after did the
Church have as much power as it did during those
thousand years. With the Holy Roman Empire as a
foundation, missions such as the Crusades and
Inquisition were conducted in part to find and
persecute heretics, often with torture and death.
Although standard at the time, such harsh
injustices would eventually offend and scare
Europeans into change. Science, though
encouraged in the late Middle Ages as a form of
piety and appreciation of God’s creation, was
frequently regarded as heresy, and those who tried
to explain miracles and other matters of faith faced
harsh punishment. Society was highly hierarchical,
with serfdom a widespread practice. There were
no mandates regarding personal liberties or rights,
and many Europeans feared religion—either at the
hands of an unmerciful God or at the hands of the
sometimes brutal Church itself.

The Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment,
however, opened a path for independent thought,
and the fields of mathematics, astronomy, physics,
politics, economics, philosophy, and medicine
were drastically updated and expanded. The
amount of new knowledge that emerged was
staggering. Just as important was the enthusiasm
with which people approached the Enlightenment:
intellectual salons popped up in France,
philosophical discussions were held, and the
increasingly literate population read books and
passed them around feverishly. The Enlightenment
and all of the new knowledge thus permeated
nearly every facet of civilized life. Not everyone
participated, as many uneducated, rural citizens
were unable to share in the Enlightenment during
its course. But even their time would come, as the
Enlightenment also prompted the beginning of the
Industrial Revolution, which provided rural dwellers
with jobs and new cities in which to live.

http://m.sparknotes.com/history/european/enlightenment/context.html
i dnt want to engage u in this thread because this is derailment of the thread.

I know that u are a muslim and if i bring out the cankerworms in ur history, i believe u will quit islam. Not to mention the bokoharam u people are using to destroy innocent lives. Find something else to do instead of spreading lies all around.

From now i will ignore u. Cos i did nt want muslim in this thread.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 11:04am On Nov 14, 2014
tiswell:
i never knew u are a philosopher.
Lol. You are very funny
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2014
Mrval20:

Well if you ask me, something is missing, wrongly recorded or wrongly translated in that part of the Bible. Why? Because I haven't come across any other chapter in the bible where 'the sons of G-d' was used to refer to heavenly beings or angels as the case may be.
Those 'sons of G-d' might just be other inhabitants of heaven, who are purely human, but whose existence weren't properly recorded.
No one is really sure of the right answer to this, we're just bloody mortals. Lol
. I guess u are right, no one has the answers to that question, but i kn that God created man with sexual organ and urge and i know everything he created was good, so be it sons of God or men,having sexual urge is something natural and should not be considered sin.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:

I knew you would quote Isaiah.

It is God Who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; it is He Who stretches out the heavens like [gauze] curtains and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in...
- Isaiah 40:22

The writer of Isaiah wrote only what he observed. He looked at the sky and saw that it looked round. That was why he wrote, above the CIRCLE of the earth. Why didn't he write ABOVE THE EARTH? Why write ABOVE THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH?

The answer is obvious. The ignorant writer of Isaiah thought the earth was flat but that the sky (the firmament) was a dome (round) and that God had his throne over the firmament.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:

@OP, the stories of angels coming to lay with human ladies is ridiculous.

Haba, even Jehovah also slept with a virgin. Kai, walahi, that is bad. Sleeping with another man's betrothal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
hifaif:

@OP, the stories of angels coming to lay with human ladies is ridiculous.

Haba, even Jehovah also slept with a virgin. Kai, walahi, that is bad. Sleeping with another man's betrothal.
u are a big goat. Do u think the bible is like that false quran that was written by those dirty arab men? Do u think that dirty pig mohammed can even match one of the prophets in the bible nt to talk of our lord Jesus christ? Mumu like u. U want to put your mouth into what u know nothing about.

I dnt even know what u are doing in a christian thread. Oga seun should pls give u the ban of your life.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
hifaif:

I knew you would quote Isaiah.

It is God Who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; it is He Who stretches out the heavens like [gauze] curtains and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in...
- Isaiah 40:22

The writer of Isaiah wrote only what he observed. He looked at the sky and saw that it looked round. That was why he wrote, above the CIRCLE of the earth. Why didn't he write ABOVE THE EARTH? Why write ABOVE THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH?

The answer is obvious. The ignorant writer of Isaiah thought the earth was flat but that the sky (the firmament) was a dome (round) and that God had his throne over the firmament.
there is no point explaining it to u. U can go and die. Dnt repent and give ur life to christ now, if not u will burn in hell.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Mrval20(m): 1:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
Katier00:
. I guess u are right, no one has the answers to that question, but i kn that God created man with sexual organ and urge and i know everything he created was good, so be it sons of God or men,having sexual urge is something natural and should not be considered sin.
I definitely agree with that.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Mrval20:

I definitely agree with that.
. Thanks
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by macof(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i know u are very sick. Can u now go and cure ur sickness. I dnt even know why i'm replying a dumb and silly post this?

am sick? Well am nt as sick as the man waiting for a ghost to make him understand words written in English
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by DoctorAshley(f): 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
they are angels who materialized to human form
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by sukkot: 6:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ukutsgp:
1 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose. 3 And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:1-4.

who are ''the sons of God'' in the above verse? are they angels or humans?
sons of God ? ISRAEL. daughters of men ? IDOLATRY. worship of the dead specifically because that piece was about israel in egypt and they were erecting huge statutes for the dead and deifying the dead
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by tiswell(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Katier00:
Lol. You are very funny
Not a comedian thoughsmiley
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? by Katier00(f): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
tiswell:
Not a comedian thoughsmiley
you never can say, one day you may become one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? / Today Is Ash Wednesday; Beginning Of Lent / The Father Of Jesus Is The Only True God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.