Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? (2259 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? / Another 954M Dollar Loan By FG: Nigerians React / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
Why not back it up with a source
egift:

Stop deceiving unsuspecting folks. The loan is in cash. When the issue came up at the Senate, many Lawmakers who opposed the Loan asked why the Federal Government will not consider barter - where we can give our Crude Oil in exchange for Arms supply. But majority had it, and Loan in Cash was approved for Jonathan. Also the President failed to account for how 3 trillion naira on security had been spent in the last 3 years as a condition before approving the Request for Loan.

So keep your lecture to yourself and tell us what has been done with the $1,000,000,000 Loan given to Jonathan.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by shizzleStar: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Another useless propaganda thread by another APigC e-rodent....smh

Frustration has taken its toll on the janjawiii-ds

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by vicadex07(m): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
You mean military hardware worth 1billion usd will be given to Nigeria on credit? How do we quantify that and be sure we are not being scammed by the Nigerian government? and who exactly will be supplying us this hardware and when cos am yet to see anything substancial on ground

Sibabasibaba1:
The last time the OP created this thread, I reminded him that the loan was not money to be handed to anyone but military hardware which the country would pay back over seven years. I also directed him to the explanations of the Senate Joint Committee on Finance and that of Local and Foreign Debt by the Chairman, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, regarding the loan:

www.punchng.com/news/senate-okays-jonathans-1bn-loan-request-for-arms/

Now, since this is not a black market cash transaction, you have to expect red tape and bureaucratic bottlenecks before the arms arrive.

But because the OP appears full of mischief he keeps recycling this thread to give the impression that $1b has been embezzled by government.

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by vicadex07(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
You dont want to be insulted yet you called many Nigerians mumu. What makes you any different...oh cos youre a lady right grin grin grin

leofab:
many Nigerians are Mumu dignified; you thought the loan is in cash? I pity you!!!!
Let me lecture you; the loan is like an exchange by barter; give us weapon and we give you oil over some period of time and the worth of the oil shouldn't be more than $1b.... That the case, Oya audit your opinion and be patriotic to York contributions!!!!

Not: Am a lady so don't insult me!!!
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by papalnuncio: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
pls permit me to call you friends, though some of you art or say things that made me wounder if you guys are my real friends or not, but i must call you friends since we meet occasional to discuss.
their friends, pls permit me to mention you name [/color] egift dguyindcorner kunleskey focus ifykillz omenka pataki and idupaul[color=#990000], history will not be happy you all, y did i say so? pls friends don't get me wrong. your brother specking here i not a fan of G.E.J but a true Nigerian who believe that no mater what you do and no mater who you are, you must answer to the supreme BEAN.
now the $1bn loan is not cash or money that is at hand now but a loan that will be paid for years and with crude oil. pls friends, say the fact, GOD will bless you for that.
thank you for your understanding
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by egift(m): 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
papalnuncio:
pls permit me to call you friends, though some of you art or say things that made me wounder if you guys are my real friends or not, but i must call you friends since we meet occasional to discuss.
their friends, pls permit me to mention you name [/color] egift dguyindcorner kunleskey focus ifykillz omenka pataki and idupaul[color=#990000], history will not be happy you all, y did i say so? pls friends don't get me wrong. your brother specking here i not a fan of G.E.J but a true Nigerian who believe that no mater what you do and no mater who you are, you must answer to the supreme BEAN.
now the $1bn loan is not cash or money that is at hand now but a loan that will be paid for years and with crude oil. pls friends, say the fact, GOD will bless you for that.

Cash or No Cash, what has the Loan been used for?
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by Pataki: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
papalnuncio:

Can't you read the topic title at least? What has been done with the money he obtained as loan?

I still remember this same Jonathan traveled to China some months ago to go and borrow money personally from China. Who remembers that?

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by egift(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pataki:
Can't you read the topic title at least? What has been done with the money he obtained as loan?

I still remember this same Jonathan traveled to China some months ago to go and borrow money personally from China. Who remembers that?

I remembered. Not just one. Here are some of the recent ones.

1. Housing: FG secures N935bn loan from China
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/housing-fg-secures-n935bn-loan-from-china/

2. Nigeria Seeks $3Billion Loan From China
https://www.nairaland.com/1347818/nigeria-seeks-3billion-loan-china

3. FG secures $500m aviation infrastructure loan from China
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-secures-500m-aviation-infrastructure-loan-from-china/

Mr. Loan in China
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by leofab(f): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
vicadex07:
You dont want to be insulted yet you called many Nigerians mumu. What makes you any different...oh cos youre a lady right grin grin grin

i said many; not All!!!
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by vicadex07(m): 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
leofab:
i said many; not All!!!

Same noni jare...what's good for the goose is good for the gander wink

As long as you retain the right to insult just one person, you too should be open to insults
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by leofab(f): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
vicadex07:

Same noni jare...what's good for the goose is good for the gander wink

As long as you retain the right to insult just one person, you too should be open to insults
am a lady remember!!! Am meant to be soft
Re: What Has Jonathan Done With The 1 Billion Dollar Loan? by vicadex07(m): 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
leofab:
am a lady remember!!! Am meant to be soft

I can see from your profile you're not a newbie on Nairaland land. You should know when the proper bashing starts, no one will remember to be soft on a lady.

Am a gentleman though so expect no insults from me wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Murtala's Speech On Creation Of New Federal Capital / Pa. Buhari Lawyer Decamps To PDP, Describes APC As A "Sinking Titanic" / Official Press Release From The APC On Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.