Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? (2986 Views)

No Territory Under Boko Haram Says Buhari, You Lie Borno Residents Reply / A Thread For Kwara State Citizens And Inhabitants / U.S NSA Spying French Citizens And Mexican President,nsa May Be Spying GEJ, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
chukwudi44:
Boko haram will stop of course because their goal of a sharia president would have been achieved!!! is that the angle you idiots wnat to turn to now? vote for the jihadist or continue to suffer bombings!!! sorry no deal

but why is this simple question difficult for you saTANs to answer. why has the Almighty C-IN-C unable to stop a few rag tag thugs (boko haram) for more than 4 years now?
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2014
Remarkable:
not only are there some collabos with communities, but wasn't it yesterday or so that the military discovered a top officer wiring money to Boko Harem and informing them on movement of arms and ammunition?

I don't know why some people cant see that Buhari is bad news in this 2014; he has paid his dues to the country, and should move on. We the youths should rise and take the country to move it forward; but what he have is blinded support rooted in bigotry and tribalism.

Please explain why buhari is bad news. Thanks
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Remarkable: 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
is it not equally bad the lies being spread about Buhari clearing Nigeria's debt within days in office? or the fanthom bullet that shot an APC member in Rivers state, a bullet they said was meant for Amaechi? (and flying to London for check up; isn't that deception and lieing first class?)

tis interesting you support APC and call others' statement lies.
Obiagelli:

The lies these guys come up is astonishing.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Iykopee(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
The answer to the poser is simple. Boko haram may stop if buhari becomes the presido but it wont be the end of insurgency in the country. For a fact, some people are simply waiting for buhari to win the crown of presidency which automatically will lead to a new round of societal disorder..

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:
1983 and 2014 hasn't Libya taught u guys a lesson until we have a dedicated border guards outfit in this country this rubbish wont stop sadly the fight is still on so we need 2 win first..OP Ur GMB wont know the difference between external aggression and internally supported extremist activities that has created divergent views and fault lines with both propsing and opposing civilians in between plus people of his caliber providing support and hiding under the cloak of "we would make nigeria ungovernable abi"

Your answer is so biased that you think that General MB who should understand millitary tactics and have a prior record of performance in quelling insurgent will not know the Difference
Read @Obiagelli post again you will fing you that he has the Training and capacity to do the Job, even if apointed to tackle the insurgent there will be positive result
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Zuria(f): 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

You are right, but first we need a leader with a sense of direction not one that tears us further apart. Criminals be it bokoharam or mend should be dealt with several. We need to send strong messages, destruction isn't a way of showing grievance. Remember how rioters were handled in London when they started looting.

I guess we must start asking questions: the security votes given to our governors, how are they spent; our senators and house of reps who's interest they are representing...the destiny of our nation is not in one man's hand but our collective effort to make those we vote into power answer to us.

A house of rep / senator can be recalled home; a governor / president can be impeached. How have we used our power as a "people"? We must start knowing our powers...may be our leaders would be redirected and won't be able to divide us along ethnic or religious lines.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
video of people celebrating bokoharam? Thats is news to me. You have not answered my question, how much protection is the army giving those ready to fight?

How much support is the government giving the army itself?

In the mind of gej supporter ( i don't know if you are one) no responsibility fall in the hands of government.

Take a gud look at ur accessment "no responsibilty fall in the hands of the government"

The stateo f emergency is wat,the deployments is wat,the idp logistics is wat and the hunt for peace is wat the responsiblity of obiageli I guess
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
GoodMuyis:

Your answer is so biased that you think that General MB who should understand millitary tactics and have a prior record of performance in quelling insurgent will not know the Difference
Read @Obiagelli post again you will fing you that he has the Training and capacity to do the Job, even if apointed to tackle the insurgent there will be positive result

Biased! wrong read tsu su book the art of war and u will understand why I said so.if u were taking of maxwell khobe or m g neiri I would heartily agree dat they can but GMB
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
Zuria:

I guess we must start asking questions: the security votes given to our governors, how are they spent; our senators and house of reps who's interest they are representing...the destiny of our nation is not in one man's hand but our collective effort to make those we vote into power answer to us.

A house of rep / senator can be recalled home; a governor / president can be impeached. How have we used our power as a "people"? We must start knowing our powers...may be our leaders would be redirected and won't be able to divide us along ethnic or religious lines.
The way Nigeria is structured, everything security end with the president, he controls all security agencies, until we break that up, all the buck stops at his table. Even the efcc that should fight corruption is directly under the president, he appoits its chairman.
If corruption is the order of the day, we hold the president responsible.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

Take a gud look at ur accessment "no responsibilty fall in the hands of the government"

The stateo f emergency is wat,the deployments is wat,the idp logistics is wat and the hunt for peace is wat the responsiblity of obiageli I guess
Why is it not yielding results, we judge/rate people by results. It is clear the president is clueless about this crisis.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Why is it not yielding results, we judge/rate people by results. It is clear the president is clueless about this crisis.

Yes no problem the sri lankan president waa also clueless until the communities borderin the tamil tigers decided that they had enough,the yemeni president/prime minister is clueless right now while the houtis run riot now abi,,
Dear when the people realize they have to stand up and defend their integrity and the northern communities sadly wake up especially the elites we will continue to feel much pain..if they sincerly begin 2 wakeup and the military clean up their ranks damaged since the days of the civil war,ur oga and ibb then miracles will begin 2 happen(AVM paul dike will agree with me)

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

Yes no problem the sri lankan president waa also clueless until the communities borderin the tamil tigers decided that they had enough,the yemeni president/prime minister is clueless right now while the houtis run riot now abi,,
Dear when the people realize they have to stand up and defend their integrity and the northern communities sadly wake up especially the elites we will continue to feel much pain..if they sincerly begin 2 wakeup and the military clean up their ranks damaged since the days of the civil war,ur oga and ibb then miracles will begin 2 happen(AVM paul dike will agree with me)

Yeah everything else other than the government taking decisive action. Thanks

Btw the soldier themselves and their families had protested severally, should the villagers biy them arms too?
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 7:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Yeah everything else other than the government taking decisive action. Thanks

Btw the soldier themselves and their families had protested severally, should the villagers biy them arms too?

Because of the nigerian mentality ..u signed up 2 fight u must fight..my 2 cousins one late went in and learnt how 2 improvize my still fighting cousin does not complain abt arms 2day miss...they were intelligent dudes.all I ask of villages is support and resiliance plus resistance in the face of danger..u had a decisive man as COAS what did u accord 2 him..decisive action will include the kicking out geidam,shettima and ngilari which.of ur nothern.trolls are.ready 2 let dat happen,it will entail heavy blockades rapid SF actions against BH.civilians armnesty nd HRW are waiting by the corner alongside NEF and NON constructive opposition trolls.it will entail deployment of large capable non affliated officers especially.from.the east and west nd NW how many of ur Mole mIntainer will let dat happen...
Decisive action has been.taken..in our heart aa nigerian we are not yet decisive
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

Because of the nigerian mentality ..u signed up 2 fight u must fight..my 2 cousins one late went in and learnt how 2 improvize my still fighting cousin does not complain abt arms 2day miss...they were intelligent dudes.all I ask of villages is support and resiliance plus resistance in the face of danger..u had a decisive man as COAS what did u accord 2 him..decisive action will include the kicking out geidam,shettima and ngilari which.of ur nothern.trolls are.ready 2 let dat happen,it will entail heavy blockades rapid SF actions against BH.civilians armnesty nd HRW are waiting by the corner alongside NEF and NON constructive opposition trolls.it will entail deployment of large capable non affliated officers especially.from.the east and west nd NW how many of ur Mole mIntainer will let dat happen...
Decisive action has been.taken..in our heart aa nigerian we are not yet decisive
Can you please explain how those governors are stopping the military from crushing bokoharam.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by chat2deen(m): 7:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
embarassed angry

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Remarkable: 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
Buhari is bad news because any objective analysis of his personality and style of leadership is one that reeks of arrogance (like he can and do whatever and not answer to anyone - case in point his refusal to attend accountability hearings), tribalistic and displays favoritism (his preferential treatments of those that share his ethnicity and or religion, CIP: treatment of Ekwueme, Fela etc, compared to that of Shagari etc); brute-ish (in 2014 when worlds are globalising and integrating, given he had clamped down on free speech before, he can do it again; the freedom Nigerians have to insult the president that is working has not been hostile in return, why not we cherish what we have?) and finally I say Buhari is bad news because he is a hypocrite to booth! (He is as guilty as all those he points fingers at at being corrupt, joing a party that till date has not stated its plan to the people, yet keep on criticizing the administration that has outdone him by far).

Have I answered your question? Do you agree with me?

quote author=Obiagelli post=27925311]
Please explain why buhari is bad news. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Can you please explain how those governors are stopping the military from crushing bokoharam.
Ask shettima what really happened in chibok an order was given and acerted 2 by the high command he nd the comissioner fir education refused 2 listen ..dat just one on the list
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Ask shettima what really happened in chibok an order was given and acerted 2 by the high command he nd the comissioner for education refused 2 listen ..dat just one on the list
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by tit(f): 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
chat2deen:
embarassed angry

Please kindly remove Western Nigeria from your map.
You can ask Musiwa for the satellite picture to reference.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Ngwakwe: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
I need to remind you Nigeria is under indirect diplomatic sanction from some superpowers thereby hindering our assess to required military hardware required to effectively prosecute this guerrilla warfare imposed on it unprepared.

The Nigerian Military you referred to in 1983 and before it has undergone serious systematic retrogression in terms of equipment, training facilities, man power and international collaboration needed to combat terrorists in 21st century unconventional warfare where rules of engagement must take into consideration the rights of terrorist and rules of war according to Geneva convention.

This administration has provided the military with adequate funding to get back to its lost glory where people who are recruited into the armed forces are men and women with passion for war/defence of their fatherland like my father and not because they are trying to escape employment as we have now.

I want you to read this excerpt from speech delivered by Senators Saleh, an All Progressives Congress Senator from Kaduna Central during Senate Joint National Assembly Committee on Defence with Service Chiefs

[b] "Senators Saleh, a retired army general said, “What I am going to say is based on my experience as an insider. Our duty here as senators of the federal republic transcends the extension of state of emergency. Our duty of oversight should ensure that high standards must be maintained in addition to acquiring all necessary equipment required to maintain a strong force.

“When the Chief of Defense Staff was appointed in January this year, the service chiefs made a categorical statement that within three months they will crush Boko haram. But unfortunately, what we are seeing is a complete deterioration of the situation, so it is incumbent on us to find out why that deterioration. We have heard about our soldiers’ mutiny, it is also our responsibility to find out why that is happening.

“For us to understand why that is happening, we need to go back to the Babangida (Gen. Ibrahim Babangida) era. After the 1990 Okar coup, the Federal Government of Nigeria systematically and comprehensively disarmed the military.

“All the tanks, all the artillery guns were disarmed and locked up. All the aircraft were parked in Ilorin and other places, flying stopped, training stopped to ensure regime security not national security.

“All the good officers of the Nigerian army were hounded out of the military. And there was over concentration of power at the centre which was the army headquarters. Prior to that, General Officers Commanding used to have training and maneuver grants.

“They had the power and responsibility to train their troops and battalions and to ensure an efficient logistics and service support system. All that stopped. Everything was from Army headquarters, everything was from Air Force headquarters, everything was from Naval headquarters.

“The attendant result was decay. Training was no longer going on at the battalion level, soldiers lost their skills and since then, no additional military equipment was purchased for the Nigerian Army. Even things as little as machine guns were in short supply, ammunition was in short supply.

“An individual soldier’s professional skill was to be a matchman, to shoot and hit his target but can he do that if he has no ammunition? We have a duty to rebuild this army, to rebuild this armed forces, and unless we understand these basic facts, we are not going anywhere.

“Also, after some time the fighting doctrine of the Nigerian Army was changed. We were essentially British brought up. That means we knew how much materials we had, the tasks before us and so on. But along the line during the Obasanjo (Chief Olusegun Obasanjo) regime, General Obasanjo brought Americans here and our doctrine approach was change to warfare.

“I make bold to tell you that up till today nobody understands that. I know it is a strategic concept of warfare but in Nigeria we are applying it to the operational and tactical level. It has created a lot of confusion within our army.

“Apart from that, our involvement in foreign operations and the kind of training we give to our soldiers for operations was a kind of defensive posture. You don’t kill until you are killed, you don’t attack until you are attacked.
"[/b]

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by canalily(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

may be he thinks road safety people can stop another road safety group....is it possible?
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Lordlexyy: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
Emphatically yes. History has given us enough to chew on of the heroitic role played by the General against previous insurgents and marauders. The inept dislayed currently couldn't have been repeated by the war veteran. The lost of lives and the sheer lost of ideas to halt the avoidable killing is worrisome. What is the guarantee that if the present gov't is returned come next year this bombing will be laid to rest? In other clime, your current performance will determine your qualification. But here, we make needless excuses. It takes a strong, dedicated and committed leader to stampede both internal and external enemies bent on distabilising its gov't without losing a single territory. Imagine what foreigners with functional gov't thinks of our mentality towards gov't and their responsibilities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Interview Of Loius Farrakhan By Mike Wallace In 2000 / Oba Akiolu Showers Blessings On Igbo / no

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.