Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? (2955 Views)

No Territory Under Boko Haram Says Buhari, You Lie Borno Residents Reply / A Thread For Kwara State Citizens And Inhabitants / U.S NSA Spying French Citizens And Mexican President,nsa May Be Spying GEJ, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
In 1983, some Chadian soldiers invaded
some communities in Nigeria. Chad had
been in a prolonged civil war and its
soldiers were known to be ruthless.
Nigerian armed forces were under the simple
going but honest President Alhaji Shehu
Shagari as its Commander-in-Chief and the
COAS or CDS was Wushishi (forgive my
memory). The then GOC of the 3rd Division in
Jos under whose command the Northeast fall
was Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari. Surely,
northerners dominated the top command
positions in the military then.
Without hesitation, the GOC in Jos was given
the signal to flush out the Chadians. But on his
own, the stern Buhari was determined to, in
addition, teach them a lesson they will never
forget.
In a twinkle, Buhari mobilized his soldiers and
personally led them in the field. Within few
days Nigerian soldiers not only got the
Chadians to flee but they chased the latter
right into Chad. Buhari couldn't stop. It took
quite some effort to get the soldier in him to
pull the brakes. Later, he will claim that he
didn't know that he was already deep into
Chad.
Buhari the GOC had an excellent relationship
with his soldiers. He never allowed superiors to
oppress their juniors or edit their allowances.
He was riding a 504 saloon car and lived in a
simple bungalow along Bauchi road adjacent to
the Unijos Main Campus. When he was
appointed the head of state after the coup, his
soldiers in the barracks went wild in happiness.
He bade them farewell, not knowing that it will
be forever.
Well the Chadians never dared encroaching
into Nigeria again. Buhari has permanently
imprinted a lesson in them: Nigeria is mighty
and no rat should dare step in its foot. The
success was possible because the military
chiefs and officers then were truly Nigerian.
They believed in their hearts, not in their words
only, that that the territorial integrity of this
nation is not for bargain, its military must be
strong and well catered for, and money was
not their goal.
saharareporters.com/2014/09/10/nigerian-military-yesterday-and-today-dr-aliyu-u-tilde

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Boko haram will stop of course because their goal of a sharia president would have been achieved!!! is that the angle you idiots wnat to turn to now? vote for the jihadist or continue to suffer bombings!!! sorry no deal

8 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by 99100(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
^^
Don't mind them.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Icon4s(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
If the Northern elites are the ones sponsoring Boko Haram then the insurgency will stop. But if it is strictly PDP, Al Qaeda or other terrorist organisation that are sponsoring Boko Haram then Nigeria will continue experiencing Boko Haram attacks even if Buhari wins.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by atlwireles: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
The last time he was Head of state, Nigerians were running away from the country. Even "Andrew" some checking out campaign did not stop the stampede.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2014
chukwudi44:
Boko haram will stop of course because their goal of a sharia president would have been achieved!!! is that the angle you idiots wnat to turn to now? vote for the jihadist or continue to suffer bombings!!! sorry no deal
Nonsense talk as usual.

Secondly, we remember very clearly, that Buhari, as the
General Officer Commanding the 3rd Armoured Brigade,
Jos, played a leading role when President Shehu
Shagari crushed the Maitatsine riots of 1980 in the
Bulumkutu area of Maiduguri. When he became the
Head of State, a rump of the Maitatsine group that
escaped to Jimeta in Yola, in 1984, exploded in another
orgy of attacks on Christians and moderate Muslims.
Their agenda was exactly the same as that of Boko
Haram. Buhari sent a military expedition and defeated
the uprising, with heavy toll on civilian targets.
Musa Makaniki, the leader of the Jihadists, fled to his
hometown in Gombe and Buhari pursued him there,
eliminated him and stamped out the insurgency.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/buharis-rare-romance-with-hypocrisy/

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
1983 and 2014 hasn't Libya taught u guys a lesson until we have a dedicated border guards outfit in this country this rubbish wont stop sadly the fight is still on so we need 2 win first..OP Ur GMB wont know the difference between external aggression and internally supported extremist activities that has created divergent views and fault lines with both propsing and opposing civilians in between plus people of his caliber providing support and hiding under the cloak of "we would make nigeria ungovernable abi"

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by tit(f): 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Is it that overgrown child that was led out of his office like an slowpoke by IBB?

6 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:
1983 and 2014 hasn't Libya taught u guys a lesson until we have a dedicated border guards outfit in this country this rubbish wont stop sadly the fight is still on so we need 2 win first..OP Ur GMB wont know the difference between external aggression and internally supported extremist activities that has created divergent views and fault lines with both propsing and opposing civilians in between plus people of his caliber providing support and hiding under the cloak of "we would make nigeria ungovernable abi"
Please go and read how Algeria dealt with insurgency in 2013 before spewing nonsense mediocrity here.
While at it, get some education on the ungovernable statement.

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Please go and read how Algeria dealt with insurgency in 2013 before spewing nonsense mediocrity here.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by MyMouth(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2014
I remember when he pulled back from Chad, he was interviewed by journalists on the issue and his reply was " I gave them a bloody nose, they won't come this way again" and they never came back. Now that the kind of Commander- in - chief we need in this country now more than ever not some ogogoro drinker who openly said ' I am not a General so I can not act as one'
OK! I don talk am, waiting to get arrested by Doyin Okukpe and his thugs.

5 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by chemali: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

I guess it's GMB responsibility to set up the border guard. #clueless

Your last line has been debunked severally. The statement was made by a PDP chieftain lending credence to the fact that PDP = Boko Haram which is why your president is powerless.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
MyMouth:
I remember when he pulled back from Chad, he was interviewed by journalists on the issue and his reply was " I gave them a bloody nose, they won't come this way again" and they never came back. Now that the kind of Commander- in - chief we need in this country now more than ever not some ogogoro drinker who openly said ' I am not a General so I can not act as one'
OK! I don talk am, waiting to get arrested by Doyin Okukpe and his thugs.
Well said bro, i don't know of any soldier that has given so much service to this country, from the civil war to maitasine to chad and maitasine again. Buhari has paid his dues.

Politics have however rubbished the general, at times i wish he had just stayed away but Nigeria is in deep mess.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
atlwireles:
The last time he was Head of state, Nigerians were running away from the country. Even "Andrew" some checking out campaign did not stop the stampede.
You can only deceive those that didn't watch or know about the Andrew (Enebeli Elebuwa) advert.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

miss the algerians had it worse than us in the 1990 however when the tribesmen in the restive border areas decided 2 actively support the algerian army and special forces it reduced dramatically and is now confined to the mountainous regions 2013 was one incident not a rampage like the 1990's the terrorist are still very much active (beheading of the french tourist REMEMBER)but the lack of active support amongst the tribes men plus the protocols on border security taken by the algerians after heavy battles near the malian and nigerien borders simultaneously.... that gave them the impetus to rebuild their otherwise moribund armed forces 2 their astonishing capacities today,do some research obiageli u need it

most importantly the mindset of the people the north must change if they want to end this BH madness, to see communities delibritely leaking out info and intel out 2 BH just because they have twisted ideology and now the chicken is coming home to roost a large part of the north needs to learn from borno JTF guys and maiduguri residents at large..kill the support and funding amongst thye northern elite and people BH tempers down but will not go unless we give our borders the isrealie treatment

5 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by atlwireles: 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You can only deceive those that didn't watch or know about the Andrew (Enebeli Elebuwa) advert.

You lie too much, tell Nigerians why Andrew campaign came on .
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

The lies these guys come up is astonishing.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
chemali:

I guess it's GMB responsibility to set up the border guard. #clueless

Your last line has been debunked severally. The statement was made by a PDP chieftain lending credence to the fact that PDP = Boko Haram which is why your president is powerless.
Help me ask am, lagbaja's 100 million mumu comes to mind
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

miss the algerians had it worse than us in the 1990 however when the tribesmen in the restive border areas decided 2 actively support the algerian army and special forces it reduced dramatically and is now confined to the mountainous regions 2013 was one incident not a rampage like the 1990's the terrorist are still very much active (beheading of the french tourist REMEMBER)but the lack of active support amongst the tribes men plus the protocols on border security taken by the algerians after heavy battles near the malian and nigerien borders simultaneously.... that gave them the impetus to rebuild their otherwise moribund armed forces 2 their astonishing capacities today,do some research obiageli u need it

most importantly the mindset of the people the north must change if they want to end this BH madness, to see communities delibritely leaking out info and intel out 2 BH just because they have twisted ideology and now the chicken is coming home to roost a large part of the north needs to learn from borno JTF guys and maiduguri residents at large..kill the support and funding amongst thye northern elite and people BH tempers down but will not go unless we give our borders the isrealie treatment
Boko haram started with one incident.

The civilian jtf are from the south? Did you read why yobe was attacked yesterday in retaliation for local giving information to the army.
Is the army doing enough to protect those that offer help?

You guys just sit down here and analysis bullshit, you think the average northern or muslim want to live in a city governed by bokoharam laws?

Have you wondered why people are fleeing if they indeed support bokoharam.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Help me ask am, lagbaja's 100 million mumu comes to mind

grin grin grin grin grin obi dont make me laugh chenil abi chenili i only gave an idea we all have a role 2 play in this war..i have lost people in this fight on the frontline so am no fool... lessons will be learnt from this experiences...
and for ur info the only reason i will vote the APC is when they present a fashola or an nda isaah else forget ur GMB oga his declaration which i eagerly watched was a disgrace i gave up on him then.Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by win1234: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
em, is that suppose to be a campaign slogan or foolishness, i don't knw u r this dumb.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Zuria(f): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
GMB is a respected man in all military formation. In my personal opinion, I think we won't be losing people / territories but we may lose billions of dollars.

The Niger-delta militants may be resurrected and may make boko haram a child's play. Remember, these militants blew up Atlas Cove in Lagos which means they may not restrict themselves to only the niger-delta region.

I personally hope we all join hands and build our nation; it's in our hands. #keepingthepeace

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Cannonleo(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Boko haram started with one incident.

The civilian jtf are from the south? Did you read why yobe was attacked yesterday in retaliation for local giving information to the army.
Is the army doing enough to protect those that offer help?

You guys just sit down here and analysis bullshit, you think the average northern or muslim want to live in a city governed by bokoharam laws?

Have you wondered why people are fleeing if they indeed support bokoharam.

do u understand the word resistance....when i watched the fucking BH video i was shocked 2 see people celebrate this bastards...when tough thinking individuals should be thinking of ways of giving BH a taste of their own medicine even under their domain...since ur soo good with research read the french Resistance and how it started in WW2 and how it aided the normandy invasion or we can just study our own right here in maiduguri
FACT any bh idiot that gets into town there is meat

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
Zuria:
GMB is a respected man in all military formation. In my personal opinion, I think we won't be losing people / territories but we may lose billions of dollars.

The Niger-delta militants may be resurrected and may make boko haram a child's play. Remember, these militants blew up Atlas Cove in Lagos which means they may not restrict themselves to only the niger-delta region.

I personally hope we all join hands and build our nation; it's in our hands. #keepingthepeace
You are right, but first we need a leader with a sense of direction not one that tears us further apart. Criminals be it bokoharam or mend should be dealt with several. We need to send strong messages, destruction isn't a way of showing grievance. Remember how rioters were handled in London when they started looting.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Ngwakwe: 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Oby, if you need objective answers to your questions then wait until I reach home.

I will provide intellectual dimension to this query to enable reasonable contributions.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

do u understand the word resistance....when i watched the fucking BH video i was shocked 2 see people celebrate this bastards...when tough thinking individuals should be thinking of ways of giving BH a taste of their own medicine even under their domain...since ur soo good with research read the french Resistance and how it started in WW2 and how it aided the normandy invasion or we can just study our own right here in maiduguri
video of people celebrating bokoharam? Thats is news to me. You have not answered my question, how much protection is the army giving those ready to fight?

How much support is the government giving the army itself?

In the mind of gej supporter ( i don't know if you are one) no responsibility fall in the hands of government.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Oby, if you need objective answers to your questions then wait until I reach home.

I will provide intellectual dimension to this query to enable reasonable contributions.

Fantastic, i will be waiting sir.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by tit(f): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cannonleo:

thank you my brother.
they have forgotten how Bini people poisoned Biafran soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
atlwireles:

You lie too much, tell Nigerians why Andrew campaign came on .
Yes, Andrew wanted to check out because of hardship, but the question here is not "why" , but "when". The advert was in 1986, a year after Buhari left. Babangida was the Head of State in 1986.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by ASL33: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Capital NO because his boy will be loyal and remain loyal
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Bro. Nqwakwe is here.
Re: Will Nigeria Be Loosing Citizens And Territory Under Buhari? by Remarkable: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
not only are there some collabos with communities, but wasn't it yesterday or so that the military discovered a top officer wiring money to Boko Harem and informing them on movement of arms and ammunition?

I don't know why some people cant see that Buhari is bad news in this 2014; he has paid his dues to the country, and should move on. We the youths should rise and take the country to move it forward; but what he have is blinded support rooted in bigotry and tribalism.

Cannonleo:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic: Why Ibos Won't Vote For Jonathan / George W. Bush Says He Avoids Criticizing Obama Out Of Respect For Presidency / (photos) 10 African Actors And Actresses That made It Big Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.