Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 (417033 Views)

PwC Nigeria 2016 Graduate Recruitment / Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Nigerian Breweries Sales Executive Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Omo guys dey dig o..

Cc Ednut1
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
gringringringringringringringringrin
TheRealAdonye:
Omo guys dey dig o..

Cc Ednut1
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
horlajide:
Remember when you said this?
mr man wetin be all ths na.i cant remember ever writing that. lmao stop derailing
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by davide470(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
ControlX, Errm. Are you testing the Report button?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
davide470:
ControlX, Errm. Are you testing the Report button?
For confidentiality sake, i realised.
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by AyaNiyi: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
ControlX:
Offer Signed and Collected. cool
Plz wat level were u given and what's their pay like,got a call today.
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
AyaNiyi:

Plz wat level were u given and what's their pay like,got a call today.
For the level refer to the title of this thread and for an estimate of the pay refer to the last two or so thread.
BTW u got a call from where I understand it could be from Shade your past friend or from MTN for call advert Pls specify or indicate the appropriate quarters so I can serve u better gringrin
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by udlondy: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
ProjectAnalyst:
Thanks for that. Does TRS works mostly at d office?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by udlondy: 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hi PWC invited me for test for a System Administrator. How is their payment like? What is their payment standard?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by udlondy: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
blesseenE:

5) What are the various units under PWC Advisory and what is the criteria for placement into respective departments ?
PwC advisory dabble into a whole lot of things and the various units are carved out based on the nature of the Advisory services they render.

Before now the Advisory unit was just one big family under the name: Performance Improvement (or PI for short) but since it's rebranding the unit has undergone a number of changes and innovation hence the split into various units.
The units I can give for now are: Performance Improvement and Risk management. Though there are other units whose functions vary from Strategy, Forensic audits to Business Recovery services.
6) In your view what is the best unit in PWC ? ( FSIP, ENERGY or CSIP )
In my view the best unit as per the category you have given i.e Assurance units e.g FSI, ENERGY etc would be ENERGY, closely followed by SPA before CIPS. But if your question has to do with the best unit overall, then my answer would be TAX for the following reasons:
a) Work-life balance.
b) Higher pay.
c) Less witch hunters
7) What are the things I can do during the Induction training program to land myself in a good unit and escape a bad unit ? (I did my service in a bank and I don't want to have anything to do with a bank in my life.)
The truth is that in PwC a bad unit depends greatly on individual perspective. The unit I mentioned (FSIP) is 'bad' in my view for a number of reasons e.g The leadership is not smiling, crazy deadlines, work-life balance for peak periods is non-existent etc but this does not mean that people in that unit are necessarily not progressing despite what they face.
In PwC, HC (Human Capital) is in charge of allocating staff to the various units based on need, expertise and some other criteria. A staff can lobby to be out of a particular unit if he or she has a good reason not to be in that unit. PwC Human Capital are responsive to staff needs.
Given that you have a background in the banking sector, you are most likely to end up in FSIP because you already know the terrain but this is not cast in stone. You can still find yourself in some other unit as well.
I will advice that you let HC know your grouse against the banking sector on time and please give them plausible reasons why you can't go back to the banking sector. If your reasons are okay, then you might just find yourself in some other unit.
cool Do people in Advisory also travel and do they have opportunities for training ?
Every Staff of PwC is exposed to the training program at various levels of development. Personal trainings via CBTs are readily available to every member of staff and classroom trainings are also done at various times. Training is something no one would lack in PwC.
Like I said before the greatest asset of PwC is their staff and they go to great lengths to ensure that ALL their staff get the very best, top of the shelf, trainings. So your answer is: YES, Advisory staff are properly trained and get to travel too.
9) Hi calculus, thanks so much for the in depth enlightenment regardn pwc. Buh I hrd from a source dt pwc signs an agreement wiv her clients not to employ any associate workn under d pwc umbrella in any of d clients firms. Thus, makn it difficult 2move out of pwc unlike kpmg dt gives room for opportunities abound regardn associates bn employed by its clients. Pls cld u shed more light on dis? Thanks in antoicipation
Quite true for those auditing some oil companies like Exxon mobil but this is not true for other staff members who happen to be in some other units.
Even when one is in ENERGY where the individual might be exposed to the audit of companies like Exxon, the individual can still be employed by other companies like Shell where this restriction is non-existent.
10) So starting salary is 165 right? (does this amount apply to both chartered and non chartered? ) Does it increase after 6 months probation? And to what amount?
* Starting salary is between 165k and 180k but it's safe to stick to 165k.
* There is salary differentials in PwC. The more value you add to the firm the more you are likely to get paid. Those who are chartered get more than their mates who are yet to be chartered but the salary differential with respect to this criterion is not material; say, between 5k to 15k.
* Your salary increases at every stage of your development. So, Yes, when you scale through the probation period (the first 6 months), your salary will increase to something between 175k to 195k.
11) I also heard that after a year from the first 6 months you'll get to A1 (Associate 1) and your pay will increase again, how much does it increase to?
You heard right! If you continue to perform very well, you should make the third level associate i.e Associate 1 (A1) in 1 year; starting from Associate 3 (A3). At A1, your salary should be between 185k and 205k.
12) How many years does it take one to move from associate to senior associate?
Movements/Promotions in PwC is relatively fair compared to some other organisations. Moving within a grade level e.g Associates (A3 to A1) or Senior Associates (SA3 to SA1) is termed movement as long as they are within the same grade. Movement from one grade to another e.g from Associate to Senior Associate i.e from A1 to SA3 is termed promotion.
Appraisals are done with respect to any job you spend at least 40 hours on, and the appraisal system is such that you will be graded from a scale of (1) to (5). If you are graded either (1) or (2), it means that you are doing exceedingly well or you are performing beyond expectation. If you are graded (3) it means you are performing as expected. But anything below (3) is not good i.e you are performing below expectation.
For someone who is consistently ranked between (1) and (2) all through, the individual is expected to become a senior associate in just one and a half years from the moment he steps into PwC. But if the individual is ranked between (2) and (3), the individual might spend about 2 years before becoming a Senior Associate. You do not get moved or promoted when you are ranked below (3).
In summary, it will take a year and half to become a senior associate if you perform above expectation, 2 years if you are performing as expected but no promotion or movement if you are performing below expectation.
13) What's the pay of a senior associate?
A first level Senior Associate (SA3) earns between 220k to 230k; a second level Senior Associate (SA2) earns between 260k and 275k while a third level Senior Associate (SA1) earns something in the region of 300k to 360k.
14) I heard that they never pay the performance bonus stated in our letters because departments never get to meet targets, is this true? Does the performance bonus increase as your level increases?
That is not true! Performance bonuses are paid at the discretion of the partners. Some Units meet their targets and get paid their bonuses but this bonus is NOT a 'Right'. If you get paid, then take it as 'other income'. Please don't plan your wedding based on this bonus otherwise you might get the shocker of a lifetime.
15) Do they give Christmas bonus?
NO!!!

What about people coming in as System Administrator, Network administrator, or System Engineer. What is their pay like?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by olalekan206: 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
got. a call from PwC to come and pick my letter latest tomorrow, who also got this call?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
olalekan206:
got. a call from PwC to come and pick my letter latest tomorrow, who also got this call?
same here but i missed the call. chai they shud have stated it in dat mail nah
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by 30watts: 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2015
If pwc has not sent you success or regret mails please remain positive and pray fervently to be favored. There are people who got success mails that don't want the offer. If they don't go tomorrow they might (would tongue ) substituted *permanently (No second leg).

1 Like

Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by MacMaster01(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
August guys any news about the deadline for medicals?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 16, 2015
ednut1:
same here but i missed the call. chai they shud have stated it in dat mail nah
Stay where you dey joor... u no need am undecided angry gringrin
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2015
I hope it's not soon.
Make everybody just Kponkpi..
MacMaster01:
August guys any news about the deadline for medicals?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 6:49am On Jul 16, 2015
ControlX:
Stay where you dey joor... u no need am undecided angry gringrin
tell me more
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Guy, no forget to check that thing..
ednut1:
tell me more
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Dayo55: 9:46am On Jul 16, 2015
A Friend got permission from PwC to defer this offer for one year, he has a scholarship for masters. so if anyone is in the same situation, you can also do the same. cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by marqueetim(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Wow. A welcomed development cool
Dayo55:
A Friend got permission from PwC to defer this offer for one year, he has a scholarship for masters. so if anyone is in the same situation, you can also do the same. cheers
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I hope it's not soon.
Make everybody just "Kponkpi..
"
Too much 30 days in Atlanta... undecided
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
I could make a case for too much Warri friends
But you're not totally wrong.
ControlX:

Too much 30 days in Atlanta... undecided
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I could make a case for too much Warri friends
But you're not totally wrong.
No come dey blow kponkpi for PwC oo... otherwise u will be kponkpied to FSIP gringringrin
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
ednut1:
tell me more
u know dat feeling when ua searching for true love for years and u find her after ua married with kids. gringrin Better be faithful. gringringrin
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by sweetsswit: 1:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pls who has gone for medicals?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Guy, no forget to check that thing..
i didnt go der as i am currently in dubia( if u lik believe), scanned,signed and scanned back. mission complete
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
ControlX:

u know dat feeling when ua searching for true love for years and u find her after ua married with kids. gringrin Better be faithful. gringringrin
lmao u dis guy
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
PwC has a big 'Drop your Loki accent and slang here' basket in front of the office at Muri.

I don't even say 'Hello' again.
It's 'Hellur' now.

Make the Ministry dey move go permanent site..
Sorry, I meant,
Let the Ministry move to its Permanent place of abode.
ControlX:

No come dey blow kponkpi for PwC oo... otherwise u will be kponkpied to FSIP gringringrin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by olalekan206: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
ednut1:
i didnt go der as i am currently in dubia( if u lik believe), scanned,signed and scanned back. mission complete
hello ednut1 was ur letter scanned to you? and how did u go abt it?
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by ednut1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
olalekan206:
hello ednut1 was ur letter scanned to you? and how did u go abt it?
called them and told d operator to transfer me to HR dept. explained and was asked to send a reply to dat adun**** sucess mail. requesting my letter be scanned. be fast o.
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by olalekan206: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
ednut1:
called them and told d operator to transfer me to HR dept. explained and was asked to send a reply to dat adun**** sucess mail. requesting my letter be scanned. be fast o.
thanks, did that yesterday but thy didn't scan mine to me but told them would come for it early AUG and she said it was fine via d email
Re: PWC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2015 by Lordsfavour: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Has anyone done Medicals yet? Is there a deadline?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (116) (Reply)

Fresh Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2015 / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.