Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan (1924 Views)

I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan / I’ve Fulfilled All My Promises –jonathan / PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by blexxonmak(m): 1:30am On Nov 13, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan, on Tuesday, said he has delivered on the promises he made to Nigerians four years ago as he declared to seek a new term.Speaking at the Eagles Square, Abuja, Mr. Jonathan assured that Nigeria will not go back in its old ways, but move to greater heights, if he was elected.He also promised not to intimidate any Nigerian, but ensure the rule of law, expand the democratic space, give voice to the voiceless and uphold the weak.

Mr. Jonathan was adopted by all the organs of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in September as the party’s lone candidate in the February 14 presidential contest.
He assumed office as president on May 6, 2010, following the death of late President Umaru Yar’Adua and was elected in 2011 to the position.The president rounds off his current tenure on May 29, 2015.

At the Eagles Square, Abuja, Mr. Jonathan told his supporters from the 36 states of the federation that he accepted to contest the coming presidential poll after seeking the face of God, held wide consultations and made deep reflection on the matter with his family.
Mr. Jonathan recounted his administration’s achievements since it came to office, saying infrastructure had been its major area of focus.
He listed some major achievements in critical sectors such as the water, agricultural, transport, road, housing, oil and gas, health, education, food production, anti-corruption crusade, youth development, military, entertainment, economy and electoral reforms.
He also praised his administration for the giant strides it made on the international scene.
“We have advanced our regional, continental and global objectives,” he said. “I am convinced that I have kept my pact with Nigerians, and it is now time to look to the future. With your tremendous support, we have collectively done so much in the last three and half years, but to take our country to the next level, there is still more to be done.
“History has shown that the path of honour for any true leader is not to walk away from his people in moments of challenges. We must stand together in adversity and overcome all threats to our development. We must defend our future, for the sake of our children.”
The president, who called for a minute silence in honour of the students of the Government Science Secondary School in Yobe State on Monday, however, lamented the lingering security challenge in the country, which he said had led to the loss of lives and property.
He said, “Clearly, this has cast a dark cloud on our Nation but we will surely win the war against terror. A number of young men and women have been kidnapped by these criminal elements including our daughters from Chibok. We will free our daughters and defeat terrorism.
“We are equipping the armed forces and deploying special forces to engage the terrorist and end this senseless war. We must protect our country. We must save our people. I will do everything humanly possible to end this criminal violence in our nation.”
Mr. Jonathan explained that to ensure the long term stability and development of the affected areas, government had launched three programmes, namely the Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative.
He expressed gratitude “to all Nigerians for standing with me.”
The president said in furtherance of a peaceful, participatory and inclusive democracy that he signed the Freedom of Information, FoI, Bill into law, to expand the frontiers of the fundamental rights of Nigerians.
He affirmed that under his presidency, “your views, no matter how freely expressed, will not send you to prison or into exile.”
He said the support by the party would enable him continue the conversation of development he began in the country.
Stating that democracy was a collective action, energized by individual responsibility, Mr. Jonathan said the mandate that would be given to him this time would inspire in him the strength to complete the good work his administration had begun.
He said he would ensure that the poor is lifted out of the depth of want and place their feet on the ladder of prosperity.

While noting that leaders must always show temperance at all times, the president promised “That is a virtue, one which I treasure, and will always uphold.”
On the coming election, Mr. Jonathan, who thanked those who contributed their meagre resources towards his re-election bid, appealed to his supporters not to harm, maim or kill or incite any kind of violence.

He reiterated that his election bid does not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
“We must forget our common bond, one people from the womb of one Nigeria. Again I say: My ambition to serve you is not worth the blood of any Nigeria. I remain committed to this principle of non-violence,” he said.

The president said he would be ready to continue in service to the people if they believed that a country that works for everybody must be built, where the strong lift up the weak, and not trample upon them, where the vote of every citizen determines who governs or represents them, and where democratic space is open to all citizens, irrespective of their aspirations and circumstances of birth.
He said the country would not return to its dark days, but must move forward.
He told the crowd, “Do you want to go back to the old ways? We cannot go back to the old ways where individual freedoms were trampled upon and citizens were locked up for expressing their views or criticising government.

“Do you want to go back to the old ways? We cannot go back to the old ways! We must continue to have free and fair elections. We cannot go back to the era where ballot box snatching and stuffing became the norm, where your votes never counted.
“Certainly, we cannot! We have to move forward! Only forward!!, my dear people, forward!!!
The president said in moving forward, “I see a Nigeria that thirsts for progress with children across the nation, eager for knowledge and safely in schools!
“I see a Nigeria where all who have taken up arms, would again embrace peace! I see a Nigeria where our women can aspire to any heights, without hindrance! I see a Nigeria where the flames in the Eagles will rekindle, and the Falcons soaring higher in victory!
Mr. Jonathan also stated that he sees a Nigeria “where the children of Mustapha, and Christopher, Ade and Ada, Timi and Bunmi, Nnamdi and Namadi, do not go hungry!
“I see a Nigeria where all, no matter their beliefs, live in peace and harmony!
“I see a Nigeria where the green passport is accorded a royal reception the world over!
“I see a Nigeria where one day the next generation will take us to outer space.”
Both the vice president, Namadi Sambo and the Senate President, David Mark, also delivered speeches at the event. Mr. Mark spoke on behalf of the PDP members of the National Assembly, who pledge support for the president for having performed well since he assumed office.
The Senate President lamented the security challenge in the country, but assured that it was not insurmountable.

Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, who spoke on behalf of the PDP governors, said the governors were solidly behind the president.
Solidarity messages were also delivered on zonal basis by a former Minister of Environment, Hassan Adamu, North East; former governor of Sokoto State, Attahiru Bafarawa, North West; former Information Minister, Jerry Gana, North Central; former military governor of the old Ondo State, Bode George, South West; former governor of Rivers State, Peter Odili, South South; and former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, South East.
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 1:54am On Nov 13, 2014
What did he do? cheesy. Okay, he gave some parts of Nigeria to Boko Haram. grin

14 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by publicenemy(m): 2:07am On Nov 13, 2014
if he is doing his best to stop this boko haram menace and he feels the victims of boko haram and their family, it shall be well with him.

If not...

May he live to see his family die from a Boko Haram bomb...

This goes to anyone that quotes me too.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 13, 2014
Too long, I'm not reading till someone summarizes.
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by jeffizy(m): 3:53am On Nov 13, 2014
If Nigeria has just these people in it, then I can't help but agree the presiDENT has fulfilled his promises.

Alamiesiegha, tom polo, Doyin Okupe, Allison Madueke, Modu Sheriff, Stella Odua, Ali Muazu and Bamanga Tukur, Abba Moro, Nyesom Wike, Edwin Clarke.

A group of money-eating roDENTs.
DENTing Nigeria's fragile image since 2011.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by femmy2010(m): 3:57am On Nov 13, 2014
promise kept lol

1 Like

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by egift(m): 4:01am On Nov 13, 2014
A failure awarding Distinction to himself. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Kanwulia: 4:04am On Nov 13, 2014
HEEEEEEEWOOOOOOOOOOH!!!
REUBEN HMMMGBATI sabi write sha! grin
Too bad JONATHAN kinnot read! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by diablos: 4:06am On Nov 13, 2014
D person below me is a dual core mofo undecided
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by eleojo23: 4:07am On Nov 13, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Horus(m): 5:09am On Nov 13, 2014
mrofficial:
What did he do? cheesy. Okay, he gave some parts of Nigeria to Boko Haram. grin

He also legalised corruption

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by focus7: 5:28am On Nov 13, 2014
Jonathan is not just a bad leader but also a liar. Let's remind him of some of his promises he has not fulfil. 1.In 2011, he promised to end boko haram within months of assuming power and give security to Nigerian, but 4years has passed the situation has gone from bad to worst. 2.He promised he will not re-contest for power come 2015 but he has declared his intention now. 3.He promised to build additional refineries but he's yet to build one now. 4.He promised to end fuel importations, but he has sustain it to provide means for his allies to syphon Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2014
Gej haven't fulfilled any promise where is electricity today getting more worse every day we don't av any confidence in Gej government he's a liar and he will continue tell us d lies every day every time.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Pangea: 5:32am On Nov 13, 2014
Self deception is a sure sign of madness!

And he said that with a straight face?

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by bunmioguns(m): 5:38am On Nov 13, 2014
Confused President

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by abdulwastecx(m): 5:51am On Nov 13, 2014
This Jonathan must be a retard with a very low IQ. He promise to end fuel importation without no concrete plan in place. how do you end fuel importation when you don't know your domestic consumption and when federal gov't spend majority of her revenue on salaries and allowance of fat fools ( actually 76% of Nigeria revenue is used to service recurrent expenditure). where will the money will come from to build refinery?

He promised to end Nigeria power outage problem when he doesn't know how many watts of electricity we produce and the capacity needed to have uninterrupted electrity. imagine a coutry that makes only $23 billion and needing to generate over 100 thousand mega watts of electricity.

Jonathan promises are not viable and he has successfully legalized corruption in Nigeria.

The part I hate in his statement is " I consult with God" which God did you consult with? gullible stupid presidnet...no wonder he looks like a clown

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by 9jii(m): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2014
That's depends on what he mean.
Bring Nigeria on its knees?
If we read from the actions not okupe.

1 Like

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by bowee4u: 6:14am On Nov 13, 2014
This is the height of insensitivity I have ever seen.

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by MyNameIsMyName: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2014
jeffizy:
If Nigeria has just these people in it, then I can't help but agree the presiDENT has fulfilled his promises.

Alamiesiegha, tom polo, Doyin Okupe, Allison Madueke, Modu Sheriff, Stella Odua, Ali Muazu and Bamanga Tukur, Abba Moro, Nyesom Wike, Edwin Clarke.

I guess Tinubu and co are paupers
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Alphaoscar: 6:18am On Nov 13, 2014
This man is just shameless because if he won't even be thinking of recontesting again. we are now the laughing stock of a nation all thanks to Baba Jonah and his myopic supporters.

God bless the majority of Nigerians and give the good knowledge, will and might to effect the needed change the country desperately need in 2015.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by mrvitalis(m): 6:18am On Nov 13, 2014
sir this is big lie
1 u promised us 1000MW failed
2 u promised use igbos enugu port harcourt ,.port harcourt /owerri ,enugu/alkwa road all failed
3 u promised us to fight corruption ....failed
4 u promised to bring back our girls ...failed
5 sir u promised to reactivate our refineries..failed
6 u promised improved health care and education ...failed
the list can go on and on
and u promised to go for one term
u lied

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by egift(m): 6:47am On Nov 13, 2014

Vote out Jonathan - Send PDP back to the Drawing Board.

9 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by goldenval(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Gej, did well for increasing fuel price from 65 to 97, pure water from 5 to 10 naira, fish, from 50naira to 500 naira, a plate of food in the canteen, from 100 naira to 500 naira... I know if voted again, fuel price will be 174 or more wink... Up Gej.... Una wan still vote for Gej again?

As for me, #NovoteforGej sad

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by BrokenTV: 6:57am On Nov 13, 2014
egift:

Vote out Jonathan - Send PDP back to the Drawing Board.
O boy you no get any other work outside nairaland.
Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by size38: 7:01am On Nov 13, 2014
Yes, GEJ has fulfill his promise to nigerians. This is because he promised to pardon Alameseigha, his former boss and he did it. He promised that those looting nigerian funds will go scot free and he did it. He promised 24 hour light and today we are all enjoying light everywhere in nigeria. He also promised to create more than 20 million jobs. Today, GEj has surpass his promise and created more than 50 million jobs. Lol...

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by goodygirl1(f): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2014
jeffizy:

Alamiesiegha, tom polo, Doyin Okupe, Allison Madueke, Modu Sheriff, Stella Odua, Ali Muazu and Bamanga Tukur, Abba Moro, Nyesom Wike, Edwin Clarke. well put!*

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by goodygirl1(f): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2014
This man needs deliverance...

3 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by KHAYGOLD(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2014
What promise?

1 Like

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by Iaz93: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2014
The Promise of Fresh Air

1 Like

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2014
He fulfilled his promise by increasing the price of fuel. IDIOmaTic president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by koboko69: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2014
THE OFFICE OF THIS PRESIDENT LIKES SELF GLORIFICATION. LET NIGERIANS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. WE KNOW YOU ARE A COMPOUND FAILURE MR PRESIDENT AND WE WILL BOOT YOU OUT TO JAIL OR YOUR VILLAGE. NONSENSE!

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Fulfilled My Promises To Nigerians – Jonathan by StealthyMe(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2014
I don't want to believe he said this shocked
Cos if he did...

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Overwhelm PDP In Cross-rivers State / Security Alert! Boko Haram Boys Suspected In Oreofero Street In Bariga, Lagos. / My Thoughts On General Buharis Academic Record - By Nonso Ezeani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.