Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians (1700 Views)

Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / Late Shehu Of Borno Had No House, Gave Out All Possessions To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by caniva(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Do you know why Policemen and other law enforcement agencies don't harass the Americans? Because every Citizen has a gun.

Nigerian shouldn't be an exemption. If FG could legalize possession of arms for NIGERIANS, am sure the country will get better.

Please don't get it twisted, there would be a Control Agency that will scrutinized applicants in respect of purpose/reason, age, character, psyco-mental balance and other necessaries before giving license to possess arm.

My view: Police, Army and Other enforcement agencies would approach citizens not with fear but with utmost respect and regards, ask reasonable questions and either arrest or release if guilty/not guilty as the case may be.

Or what do you think?

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by adahib: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2014
Hahaha...very fun but I may agree with you to some extent. Yes Nigerians will be better protected,perhaps the harassment by the police may decline somewhat but have bothered to look at the flip side? Given the degree of lawlessness in this country,if such is done,there will be mayhem on the streets. Every argument,disagreement and such will be settled with a few shots.

There is no such policy yet and there are guns everywhere,what do you think will happen if bearing of firearms becomes legalized? Hehehe

You say an agency should be set up to monitor every every Abi? Okay na. Abeg which monitoring agency don ever dey effective for this country?. You'll only be giving such an agency power to sell firearms to the highest bidder.

So my good sir,such a policy may be okay in the distant future but certainly not now....

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2014
ok time to buy my dream gun
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Baaaaaaad idea........ It's not legal yet But some people that owns it illegally still dey kill people anyhow without anybody doing them anything because they know one Oga at the top.when It's now legal nko......you'll see situations like

Boy: "you must be a mad man"

Man:"you say wetin?!"

Boy: "I say you must be a Mad Man for doing what you did"

Man: *pulls out 9mm drops 2 shots on the boy's head*

Bystanders: "Oga wetin the boy do? "

Man: "he no get home training? "....*walks away*

Bystanders shake head and walk away too....

No be for this 9jq wey we dey Lol....if them try am,first step to Revolution noni

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by DRealGeesam(m): 7:56am On Nov 13, 2014
adahib:
Hahaha...very fun but I may agree with you to some extent. Yes Nigerians will be better protected,perhaps the harassment by the police may decline somewhat but have bothered to look at the flip side? Given the degree of lawlessness in this country,if such is done,there will be mayhem on the streets. Every argument,disagreement and such will be settled with a few shots.

There is no such policy yet and there are guns everywhere,what do you think will happen if bearing of firearms becomes legalized? Hehehe

You say an agency should be set up to monitor every every Abi? Okay na. Abeg which monitoring agency don ever dey effective for this country?. You'll only be giving such an agency power to sell firearms to the highest bidder.

So my good sir,such a policy may be okay in the distant future but certainly not now....
Your post is soooo on point.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2014
op hope you re not drunk. america I know regrets that law, every minute two to three persons are killed in Yankee
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Psylas(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2014
War starts on my mind
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2014
studio14:
op hope you re not drunk. america I know regrets that law, every minute two to three persons are killed in Yankee

Not to talk about their frequent school shootings.... where one pikin go just vex carry gun dey kill other people children.. awon oloshi

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by otokx(m): 8:14am On Nov 13, 2014
Bad idea

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Horus(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2014
Possession of arms is legal for boko haram members
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by 9jii(m): 8:21am On Nov 13, 2014
This is a very bad idea at the right time
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2014
In this lawless society that we are living in and the clueless govt want to legalize arms. Hmmm they will start shooting em'selves in that NA whenever one argument arise.

Imagine a scenerio where a lecturer is giving a student a very hard time, the next option for the student will be to blow up the lecturer's brain.

So this idea is a NO NO NO for me.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by lilprinze: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2014
It has not yet been legalize and some goats are busy killing people like chickens I wonder the way they would kill people If it is legalized .
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by eejo(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2014
within hour 50million will be dead
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by freelife4all(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2014
Well , Nigeria is not yet matured for such law.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by mikolo80: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2014
caniva:
Do you know why Policemen and other law enforcement agencies don't harass the Americans? Because every Citizen has a gun.

Nigerian shouldn't be an exemption. If FG could legalize possession of arms for NIGERIANS, am sure the country will get better.

Please don't get it twisted, there would be a Control Agency that will scrutinized applicants in respect of purpose/reason, age, character, psyco-mental balance and other necessaries before giving license to possess arm.

My view: Police, Army and Other enforcement agencies would approach citizens not with fear but with utmost respect and regards, ask reasonable questions and either arrest or release if guilty/not guilty as the case may be.

Or what do you think?
wrong police don't harass ppl cos they will be sent to jail by the courts if there is any evidence to support their conviction. get ur facts right. p.s. certain guns are legal(hunting rifles and maybe pump action),but come on is changing dollars at sabo legal but we all do it so me i'm not waiting for this tyrannical govt to give me licence me i'm go'n get strapped the same way we create our own power,water,roads,healthcare etc
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by publicenemy(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2014
@op you want one fustrated unemployed graduate to take an AK47 to the middle of the Oshodi and start killng people abi?

Abeg as far as this case is concerned..... Police na my friend oo.

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by phlemzy: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2014
It cant just happen!
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2014
Never....

Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by donmalcolm21(m): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2014
If guns is legalised, landlord no go ask for rent, husband go dey fear wife, driver no go shout for passenger and every one go extinct.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2014
Just imagine where Nigerians will be protesting on the street with riffles in their hands...heheheh.. Too baaaaad. Everybody will become a sovereign nation... We, certainly, have not matured enough for that.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Truman155(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2014
Good news go soon buy my gun(aginótu). For hunting purpose only
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Dronedude(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2014
My dear friend, it took the americans more than 150 years to have majority of its citizens civilized , we haven't gotten there yet. if passed , you will still come here to lament how crime has increased in your neighborhood. Besides, I think our police are not readily empowered to handle that stage yet.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by mikolo80: 1:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
publicenemy:
@op you want one fustrated unemployed graduate to take an AK47 to the middle of the Oshodi and start killng people abi?

Abeg as far as this case is concerned..... Police na my friend oo.
OTHER NON FRUSTRATED CITIZENS WILL REPLY SO STOP SCARING PPL
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by mikolo80: 1:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
freelife4all:
Well , Nigeria is not yet matured for such law.
SAYS WHO,YOU? NA BECAUSE ARMED ROBBERS NEVER NACK YOU AKPAKO NA IN MAKE UNA DE VOMIT NOINZENZSE
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by atlwireles: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Many people have their guns already, while allow only the bad people carry the guns. Legalizing guns will quickly reduce lawlessness in the country.
Re: FG To Legalize Arms Possessions For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
Guns are everywhere and easy to get in Nigeria even though illegal. Several people owns guns in their homes but they don't use it to intimidate or harass people, it is meant for protection.

Legalising guns won't stop police harassment and that the police in America doesn't harass people anyhow is not because they are armed rather it is because of the law and the respect of the law which is actually non existent in Nigeria, I hardly see a Nigerian that cares about what the law says of not, everyone is their own law.

Nigeria isn't yet riped for legalising guns, lots of things will go bad. Family dispute will be settled with guns, football arguments will be settled with shooting.

But is has one advantage angry. The police will be scared of messing around

Senators Initiate Move To Impeach Jonathan / 10 Reasons Why Boko Haram Is More Powerful Than ISIS, Al-qaeda, ETC Combined / Official Results Of 2015 Presidential Elections By INEC