Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? (4749 Views)

On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo. / The Arabic Inscription On The Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by spywareczar(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2014
Can someone please tell me why the arabic inscription on our naira note and what it entails?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2014
I dunno angry
spywareczar:
Can someone please tell me why the arabic inscription on our naira note and what it entails?
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by rusep: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2014
spywareczar:

So that your your blood pressure will go up.

13 Likes

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by yuskel(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2014
Hey Guy! Why did u wana know?
But if u think u really want to know I think u should email Soludo,Sanusi or better still Emefiele himself!
But if u think u really want to know I think u should email Soludo,Sanusi or better still Emefiele himself!
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by dridowu: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2014
hmmmmmmm

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by DMandingo: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2014
although it looks arabic, its called AJAMI. This was the official means of writing in hausa land before the coming of english colonials.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Walphem(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2014
DMandingo:
although it looks arabic, its called AJAMI. This was the official means of writing in hausa land before the coming of english colonials.
does it means Nigeria's major/recognised language is hausa apart from English?
This doesn't portends a good omen; and this has started since inception of the country....No wonder we are experiencing issues now(cos they believe they are been shortchanged).SMH

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by lonelydora: 11:07am On Nov 13, 2014
Hausas believed they own Nigeria.
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 13, 2014
The term Ajami (Arabic: ﻋﺠﻤﻲ ʿaǧamī ), or
Ajamiyya (Arabic: ﻋﺠﻤﻴﺔ ʿaǧamiyyah), which
comes from the Arabic root for "foreign" or
"stranger," has been applied to Arabic
alphabets used for writing African languages,
especially those of Hausa and Swahili,
although many other African languages were
written using the script. It is considered an
Arabic derived African writing system.

The West African Hausa is an example of a
language written using Ajami, especially
during the pre-colonial period when Qur'anic
schools taught Muslim children Arabic, and by
extension, Ajami. When Western colonizers
adopted a Latin orthography for Hausa, Ajami
went into decline, and today is employed less
frequently than the Latin standard
orthography. However, Hausa Ajami is still in
widespread use, especially in Islamic circles.

Source: Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by 24in7: 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
lonelydora:
born 2RulE,borN 2kiLL

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by 9jii(m): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
lonelydora:
I like how e de pain you grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
smithsammy:
would u rather blame the mr president under whose watch a pathetic act of this magnitude is been perpetrated.

No Sir.
It is unfair to blame him.

Somebody is preaching Jiharidism, somebody is sponsorship.

Those are the people o blame.

Like I keep asking, why do you folks blame Okukwu instead of Gowon?
Biafrans fought a defensive war?

Who did you blame in Libyan war? Gaddafi?
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by bokohalal(m): 1:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
Your numerals are Arabic, also. You no sabi say 1,2,3 etc na from Arabic?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by smithsammy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
noblezone:

No Sir.
It is unfair to blame him.

Somebody is preaching Jiharidism, somebody is sponsorship.

Those are the people o blame.

Like I keep asking, why do you folks blame Okukwu instead of Gowon?
Biafrans fought a defensive war?

Who did you blame in Libyan war? Gaddafi?

you are taking it along the tribal line sir. We shouldn't delve into the past because as you have things to say about the civil war, also do I. This terrorism war affects each and every one of us directly or indirectly, so we are to fight it togethet. "A stich in time saves nine" they say.
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by emmyclassic(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
@OP It is going off with every new naira note that is introduced. it went off 5, 10, 20, and 50 naira notes and it's off our 100 naira notes with the introduction of the centenary note.
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by OgologoDimkpa: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
24in7:
born 2RulE,borN 2kiLL
You dey mind them?
The more reason they want to imposeBbuhari on Nigerians.
It pains me that my South West peeps does not see things well.
They bent of becoming slaves to the Hausa- Fulanis.
Little wonder the Hausa's have hijacked APC party making the South West people 2nd class citizens
in the party originally formed by them sad
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Caseless: 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
spywareczar:
arabic letters were used to write d currency value in hausa.
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by destante(f): 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
rusep:

So that your your blood pressure will go up.
lmao
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by donmalcolm21(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Obj stopped it and introduced wazobia but sanusi re introduced it because they think they own Nigeria, say no to APC and northern oligarchy domination.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Idrismusty97(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
If removing the Arabic writings will increased the value of our currency then it is a welcomed development, If not then this thread is a freaking waste of time!
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
spywareczar:

But the figures on the Naira (1,2,3,4) etc are also called Arabic numerals.

You may want to remove those too and replace them with Latin Numerals (i,ii,iii,iv)

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Frankenstein: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
MyMouth:
Op, is that your problem? The naira is selling at 175 per dollar and still falling and the only thing you religious bigots can think about is some Arabic writings on the naria? angry I pity the youths of this country, expecially those idiots from the other side of the Niger. angry
How will your fellow Muslims react if Hebrew is used on our notes? Riot, right?
Re: Why Is There Arabic Inscription On Our Naira Note?? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
*searches frantically for a naira note*.("where did this guy see the arabic writing?"wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unconfirmed Report: Buhari Collapses At Calabar Due To Exhaustion / Twitter Reacts To Biafra Radio Hate Speech / Copied, "Igbo Man Walked Out Of Stake Holders Meeting For Asking These Questio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.