Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Military Needs To Be Called To Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Military Needs To Be Called To Order (1399 Views)

Andy Uba's Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Fashola’s Son, Demola, Called To Bar In Abuja (photos) / I'm Preparing Military Needs For G-7 Leaders.-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2014
I woke to the news that https://www.nairaland.com/1994279/hunters-kill-80-insurgents-reclaim, after i slept with the news of how a suicide bomber almost succeeded in causing havoc in Niger state.

Out of all these, there are some constants...

1. The Nigerian Army has never been strong. They only good in sacrificing a good number of civilians and themselves to solve any issue
Case study
a. Biafra-Nigeria civil war
It is on record that based on Military strength....Biafra was Superior because The Nigerian soldiers killed were twice the biafran soldiers
It is also on record that the Nigerian soldiers killed mostly civilians in that encounter as is been repeated in the North-East

b. Niger-Delta Militancy
it is on record that the Nigerian soldiers suffered more casualties than the militants.
The soldiers ended up killing innocent civilians to cover for their losses

c. The ECOMOG
The much acclaimed ECOMOG dealt the Nigeria military huge blow. Killed and amputated soldiers were down-played and some times un--accounted for...Though we calmed the war-victory but came back with pain.

From all these, i imply that the Nigeria military has never cared about efficiency but only the use of brute force. No wonder they find it difficult to calm an ordinary uprising without huge casualties or even relate normally with civilians..

The events playing out in the North-east might end in similar fashion unless we stand up to the challenge. It is not an issue of cowardice or half-baking but efficiency. This is exactly what differentiates the Arab Army from their Israeli counterpart notwithstanding their wealth.
It is time to ask our Army, Airforce to use Precision than sporadic killings to curtail the present killing of civilians by both the rag heads and the military.

1 Like

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by brownlord: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Pick army recruitment form when next you hear they selling

3 Likes

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 10:04am On Nov 13, 2014
brownlord:

So any body that airs his view about the army should pick a form. oshe
So our men dying on the field like mayowa yesterday is not good enough reason to look into the affairs of the army to know where the problem lies
So the Isreali army that is termed invincible even in the face of enemy are not human

Common bro...Lets have respect for life not matter whose is on the line

3 Likes

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by swagwu(m): 10:06am On Nov 13, 2014
nonsense post ever....did u ask whether the military were provided wit accurate weapons
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2014
swagwu:
nonsense post ever....did u ask whether the military were provided wit accurate weapons

Are you kidding me. If i give you a knife without teaching you how to cut effectively...you might end up cutting yourself
The AKs giving to them should be used properly...Higher weapon spec goes with its training and reconfiguration....Are we ready for this...considering the Oil price as per this morning

1 Like

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by swagwu(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2014
naijareferee:

Are you kidding me. If i give you a knife without teaching you how to cut effectively...you might end up cutting yourself
The AKs giving to them should be used properly...Higher weapon spec goes with its training and reconfiguration....Are we ready for this...considering the Oil price as per this morning
U are the one kidding here....if they are given AKs without bullet wat do u expect dem to use is it stone
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 10:58am On Nov 13, 2014
swagwu:
U are the one kidding here....if they are given AKs without bullet wat do u expect dem to use is it stone

The minimum they get is 7 mags..... have you heard that they were not given enough bullets....no... so whats your point
you actually jumped from superior weapon to enough bullet...try an be stable pls

1 Like

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by lonelydora: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2014
brownlord:
He cannot pick it because he has no General to sign for him. Consequences of man-know-man recruitment.

That's why I respect IDF in Israel.

swagwu:
But they said Boko haram steals from army barracks. So how come the weapon they stole is superior than where they stole it from?

2 Likes

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2014
lonelydora:

He cannot pick it because he has no General to sign for him. Consequences of man-know-man recruitment.

That's why I respect IDF in Israel.

But they said Boko haram steals from army barracks. So how come the weapon they stole is superior than where they stole it from?

Tact.
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by swagwu(m): 12:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
naijareferee:

The minimum they get is 7 mags..... have you heard that they were not given enough bullets....no... so whats your point
you actually jumped from superior weapon to enough bullet...try an be stable pls
what resulted to dat case were 8 soldiers were sentence to death
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
swagwu:

what resulted to dat case were 8 soldiers were sentence to death

Haba oga....Mutiny... They fired shots at their commander...accusing him of sabotage
oya pay for this lesssons
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by yousee(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
naijareferee:
I woke to the news that https://www.nairaland.com/1994279/hunters-kill-80-insurgents-reclaim, after i slept with the news of how a suicide bomber almost succeeded in causing havoc in Niger state.

Out of all these, there are some constants...

1. The Nigerian Army has never been strong. They only good in sacrificing a good number of civilians and themselves to solve any issue
Case study
a. Biafra-Nigeria civil war
It is on record that based on Military strength....Biafra was Superior because The Nigerian soldiers killed were twice the biafran soldiers
It is also on record that the Nigerian soldiers killed mostly civilians in that encounter as is been repeated in the North-East

b. Niger-Delta Militancy
it is on record that the Nigerian soldiers suffered more casualties than the militants.
The soldiers ended up killing innocent civilians to cover for their losses

c. The ECOMOG
The much acclaimed ECOMOG dealt the Nigeria military huge blow. Killed and amputated soldiers were down-played and some times un--accounted for...Though we calmed the war-victory but came back with pain.

From all these, i imply that the Nigeria military has never cared about efficiency but only the use of brute force. No wonder they find it difficult to calm an ordinary uprising without huge casualties or even relate normally with civilians..

The events playing out in the North-east might end in similar fashion unless we stand up to the challenge. It is not an issue of cowardice or half-baking but efficiency. This is exactly what differentiates the Arab Army from their Israeli counterpart notwithstanding their wealth.
It is time to ask our Army, Airforce to use Precision than sporadic killings to curtail the present killing of civilians by both the rag heads and the military.

It is on record, it is on record...
Abeg whose record?

1 Like

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by Djicemob: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
The problem of the Nigerian Army is not weapon but morale all thanks to the man-know-man ish.The issue of weapons came about as a propaganda to cover up their vunerability and then the opposition added fuel to the fire.

The NA are more concerned in looking gallant and oppressing civilians. angry

2 Likes

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by focus7: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
With these facts, it is obvious tha Nigeria is vulnerable.
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by swagwu(m): 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
naijareferee:

Haba oga....Mutiny... They fired shots at their commander...accusing him of sabotage
oya pay for this lesssons
lol...is dat wat dey told u ....that means u were brain washed
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by khattab02: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hmmmm.....
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by hardywaltz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
The Nigerian Military (Army; Navy; Airforce; DSS; Police et all) are filled with people who shouldn't be in the Military in the first place.
My Gen repairer once came to me to help him get into the military coz he sees my relations in the Army come to my house once in a while.
I asked him the reason he wanted to join the Army and his reply was that he was tired of people intimidating him and he just wanted to serve for 2 to 3 years so that nobody will eva be able to intimidate him, I told him frankly that the Army was already filled with his kind and that's not what they need rite now in a war situation.
He eventually found an alternative but fainted during the drills for recruitment exercise.

My point is dat Boko Haram cannot be more powerful than the Army which they stole the weapons they are using from.

In the Military aiming and precise shooting is a very important drill, so even if a civilian has an Ak 47 with 50 rounds of bullet and a well trained infantry Army officer has same weapon but with only 8 rounds the Army officer will hit far more targets than the civilian counterpart.

But with our Nigerian Army the first thing they do on sighting and enemy is to run. No strategy, no tactics, nothing just brute force...

1 Like

Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
The army is not designed to fight local insurgents

Nigeria is fighting 21st century terror with old methods

we need a counter terror uni but while the army goes out of its way to deal with this terror they need our support not criticism
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2014
hardywaltz:
The Nigerian Military (Army; Navy; Airforce; DSS; Police et all) are filled with people who shouldn't be in the Military in the first place.
My Gen repairer once came to me to help him get into the military coz he sees my relations in the Army come to my house once in a while.
I asked him the reason he wanted to join the Army and his reply was that he was tired of people intimidating him and he just wanted to serve for 2 to 3 years so that nobody will eva be able to intimidate him, I told him frankly that the Army was already filled with his kind and that's not what they need rite now in a war situation.
He eventually found an alternative but fainted during the drills for recruitment exercise.

My point is dat Boko Haram cannot be more powerful than the Army which they stole the weapons they are using from.

In the Military aiming and precise shooting is a very important drill, so even if a civilian has an Ak 47 with 50 rounds of bullet and a well trained infantry Army officer has same weapon but with only 8 rounds the Army officer will hit far more targets than the civilian counterpart.

But with our Nigerian Army the first thing they do on sighting and enemy is to run. No strategy, no tactics, nothing just brute force...

just like my friend opted for the army after been jobless for some years.
the issue is that people see the military as a means to an end. but in real sense it is an end in itself cause u are signed off to die if need be.
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2014
mikeansy:
The army is not designed to fight local insurgents

Nigeria is fighting 21st century terror with old methods

we need a counter terror uni but while the army goes out of its way to deal with this terror they need our support not criticism

how do you support someone doing the wrong thing. how many years are we living with terror now....how much has been injected....how long does it take for a serious unit to have a reorientation.
until sons of politicians who go to the military to relax , intimidate and wait for promotion become less ... and god fathers stop meddling in recruitment process..
we have a long way to go
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 9:50am On Nov 14, 2014
swagwu:

lol...is dat wat dey told u ....that means u were brain washed

please educate since you have a first hand info
Re: The Military Needs To Be Called To Order by naijareferee: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2014
yousee:

It is on record, it is on record...
Abeg whose record?

wait I day go bring the record....

(1) (Reply)

2015 Election: Pastor Adeboye To Chose Between Jonathan And Osinbajo / I Will Sue APC For My Permanent Voter's Card If... / Corruption Now Worse Than Before, Says Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.