Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40422 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
freeboy604:
If we believe one God why wont a man attend his wife 's church, for me, as far its not the kind of church service that last from morning till evening I will attend.

Lmao@morning to evening church

Chei!NL peeps no go kill person.

@Op I think the best bet is dicussing and coming to an agreement during courtship.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

This is just the reason why people should marry "only in the Lord". 1 Cor. 7:39

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
She has every right to choose her church. If the man insists, then they divorce! #Freedom
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by orbis(m): 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kanwulia:
Anyone that opens at 6AM to dump the kids dia. . . Make I for see road. kiss
Shiooooooooooor!

Lekwa nu nwanyi onye isi nkuka
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by intergral(m): 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
KingTom:

Actually when they argue over which church to go to the price of garri reduces, and when they agree on a church the price increases. Foolish boy! grin grin grin
"Wise OLd MaN"................................. As old as you are IQ is still between 0-25??
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Badirukehinde(m): 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2014
That's the essence of courting @OP...You'd have agreed on that
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by KingTom(m): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
intergral:
"Wise OLd MaN"................................. As old as I am my IQ is still between 0-25??
I know grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by einsteino(m): 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
we christains are truly divided. smh
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Exponental(m): 9:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
if d wedding was done in d wife's church as an honor...then she shld honor my church too.
on d oda hand..they can choose a new church if d husband is indifferent.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Eyop:

@ the bolded is very true but some ladies can be very difficult not to follow the husband to his own church. I remember last year while at winners chapel,a member was testifying to the goodness of God in her life and said that the husband was a pastor in R.C.C.G and before the wedding,she told him that she won't be leaving her own church to Redeem and if he's not ready to proceed with the marital rites,then he should forget about her and the marriage. The husband accepted and they got married.

Sometimes people cause all these problems for themselves because i see no reason why issues like this shouldn't be addressed while in a relationship. But some people will just jump in foolishly and at the end start complaining. As a man,i cannot leave the Catholic faith to another church all in the name of marriage. If she's not ready to join me in my own church and remain there permanently,then no point discussing marriage.

hahha...I can imagine that kind testimony.
The church applauded her ba? Anyway, I don't have a problem with her, since she told her husband and he accepted.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by marvmurphy(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
cooljust reading comment
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
She should be thankful that her husband goes to church at all sef, even if na Guru Marahaji or Hammer of God Ministries. Too many husbands these days are disinterested in churchgoing. Just follow am go him church. After all, all na the same thing.

However, if you can't bring yourself to accept his church, then return the bride price he paid, divorce him, and go and marry another man whose church you like. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Eyop: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahha...I can imagine that kind testimony.
The church applauded her ba? Anyway, I don't have a problem with her, since she told her husband and he accepted.

Lol...you can say that again. Even myself was shocked and couldn't believe that a woman will drag a pastor out of R.C.C.G. The man was carrying the baby while the wife doing the talking.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

Tell me about it
I miss my Anglican Church
If I had my way,I will be at All Saints
All these Pentecostal,penterascal, interdenominational,non denominational and peri denominational churches don dey get on my nerves
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by PrettySpicey(f): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is only in Africa that this following a man to his church is practiced with blind vehemence, because it is only here that a woman must lose the entirety of her personality and dignity all in the name of marriage.

Mtcheew!

Please, it's a matter of choice. If she wishes to support him and does not mind the move, all well and good.

But a wife is an individual, not a property.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
Eyop:

Lol...you can say that again. Even myself was shocked and couldn't believe that a woman will drag a pastor out of R.C.C.G. The man was carrying the baby while the wife doing the talking.

lmaoooo
Epic!
__ this is real love mehn...perfect understanding o

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
PrettySpicey:
It is only in Africa that this following a man to his church is practiced with blind vehemence, because it is only here that a woman must lose the entirety of her personality and dignity all in the name of marriage.

Mtcheew!

Please, it's a matter of choice. If she wishes to support him and does not mind the move, all well and good.

You are not married I suppose
Wait till after marriage to talk about this
Worshiping together is something families all over the world do including non Africans
Somethings you have to sacrifice for marriage if you want to be married and happy in it otherwise you stay single and attend whatever church you choose if that is a big enough issue for you.

People have turned spouses down because they were of a different denomination,that is your prerogative
Issues like this should be discussed and understood at courtship

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Eyop: 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lmaoooo
Epic!
__ this is real love mehn...perfect understanding o

Sweet love... cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by shizzleStar: 10:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

Warris dis one saying?
he is high on kpomo cheesycheesy
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ameheo(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by shizzleStar: 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
nikkyshyne:
It is all about agreement. Mutual agreement. My bobo is catholic and I am anglican. We talked about the church we shall attend when we get married and eventually settled for a particular redeem church we both are cool with. That is the church we attend presently.

Wedding will however be at my anglican family church.
I don't understand it...did you chose redeem out of neutrality or you both weren't comfortable with the churches you attend before for two of you not to have retained one of 'your' churches?

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

You're right. The thing is, my cousin has been going steady with this guy for almost 3 years now..... Not so long ago, he got converted to a new church (don't wanna name it). Ever since then, he's changed.
They were supposed to get married next year. This babe is a banker.. .......
The guy is so anti- everything. Anti-dresses, anti-hair attachments, even anti-relaxer!
That's not all. The doctrines? Outrageous! She feels she won't be able to cope and I dunno what to tell her.
Maybe she'll get help here.

Is he the only man in her town or village or did they make a blood oath she can't break?
How will someone carry leg enter marriage wey get issues from courtship
Tomorrow now there will be a thread

" my husband doesn't allow me wear dresses and put Brazilian weave"

And people will start cussing out the man not knowing he laid himself bare from day one

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by ask4bk(m): 10:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ilekeh:

I'm Yoruba and I have never heard of any of this.

In Yorubaland where wife is muslim, husband is christian, I call bullshoit on what you typed up there.

Sorry if what I said sounded as an attack on the tribe. But all I said in there are real life experiences. Maybe I shouldn't have generalised to all yorubas. I know a Yoruba family and the couples are from different churches and they are in peace.

But I remember having the argument with a group of Yoruba friends and they all said it's the Yoruba culture that a woman should follow her husband to his church or religion. I shut up immediately since it was a matter of culture. According to u now they are wrong to say it's Yoruba and could be true what u think
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by todayguest(m): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Denomination is causing are lot of issues in the body -of -Christ. Is Christ divided?--No! Back to the topic. This is something to be sorted out before marriage and not after.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Mtcheew!

*appears* somebody has started drifting into the FEMINIST lane...*disappears*
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
ketekete:
My dad was a Muslim, My mum is a christian. My wife is a christian, and we are happy together. She goes her way, I go my way.. its left for the children to decide which way suits them. shikena

You are likely to be Yoruba
How many Christian husbands with Muslim wives do you see?
I haven't seen any
Looks like the Muslim parents will only allow christian wives for their Muslim sons and never the other way around
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by tete7000(m): 10:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

Can you love someone without loving what he likes - his church
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
tete7000:

Can you love someone without loving what he likes - his church

Yes
My husband eats Ogbono soup
I love him and I don't love or like Ogbono
He also likes to watch European soccer and basket ball and I don't care about those

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by shizzleStar: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Mtcheew!

ignorance is bliss! Wait till you become more matured and knowledgeable to understand more about marriage, you think its your usual bf and gf?

We are talking about a union here, where two become one. What do you meaning by losing ones personality and dignity? does that make sense to you?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
shizzleStar:
ignorance is bliss! Wait till you become more matured and knowledgeable to understand more about marriage, you think its your usual bf and gf?

We are talking about a union here, where two become one. What do you meaning by losing ones personality and dignity? does that make sense to you?

Some responders could be 15 or 16 yrs old
Nairaland has no age limit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Cheating Doesnt Stop A Man From Loving His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.