Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,359 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi (33543 Views)

Nigerian Military Recaptures Bama Town / Nigerian Military Recaptures Two More Communities From Boko Haram / Military Recaptures Abadam & Kills Dozens Of Insurgents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by christconscious: 8:12am On Nov 14, 2014
toshmann:

Your strategy seems logical, but I don't know much about military tactics. I cant condemn people until I have the experience they are having. I've never been in battle before so I find it hard to condemn people who have been there before
.it doesn't matter if u have been to battle or not,common sense should let's us know that there is more to this Bokoharam war.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by christconscious: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2014
toshmann:

Your strategy seems logical, but I don't know much about military tactics. I cant condemn people until I have the experience they are having. I've never been in battle before so I find it hard to condemn people who have been there before
.it doesn't matter if u have been to battle or not,common sense should let's us know that there is more to this Bokoharam war.they can NEVER outrun Naija military if the system isn't compromised.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by darqly(m): 8:14am On Nov 14, 2014
The Nigerian army is not committed to winning this war against insurgency at all angry
We have long suspected complicity on the part of the military high command, and its now so glaring that anyone who ignores it, does so at personal peril.

Hunters and civilians launched an offensive that effectively dislodged BH and they fled to the neighbouring town of Gombi. Our army, as usual, had beat a hasty retreat back to Yola, leaving the terrorists to escape to safety. Can we keep fooling ourselves indefinitely? You need to see what weapons hunters used to overpower BH. It's becoming clear that citizens have to resort to self help in this fight, the army is a fifth column as far as we can see angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by amunites19(m): 8:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Good news, it doesn't matter weither Civilian JTF or army JTF did it, and is good to provide competition to the army, but I think is better if they will be working together because the civilian JTF known the terrain even better than BH and army JTF are better trained and equiped.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by tcaro39: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
I was kind of worried about the entire thing. I've never worked from home, But Yeah, I did just join and all is good. so I will post back how it
== >> ­www.MoneyKin.Com

Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by ocelot2006(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2014
nairalandist:
Even if the NA recaptures Mubi, they still need to step up their game and take monitoring more seriously. The army needs to recruit more. We are a nation of 170 million, we shouldn't have less than 1.7 million military personnel. At least give us 1 soldier to a hundred men in case of a war.

Plus must boko always attack first? Why isn't the army more offensive? This una country sef ...

Wikipedia puts our total military (navy, air force and the army) at 130 thousand active personnel, that means the army probably has less than 50k soldiers... food for thought!

Recruitment is not the issue. One can have a 1 million man army and still get routed by a smaller group of insurgents/terrorists (ask the Iraqis). Keep in mind that the military has grown from 80,000 to 130,000. More focus should be placed on purchasing much needed weapon platforms and weapons (transport and attack helicopters, MRAPS, comabt aircfrats, UAVs, ISR aircrafts, body armour/tactical vests, NVGs, etc) in large numbers and TRAINING. It is equally time we adopt unconventional warfare against these terrorists eg. reliance on special forces units and intelligence.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by ocelot2006(m): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2014
ZACHIE:

Dimwits and Nitwits can say whatever they like and halfwits can like whatever they say. But, the bitter truth remains what it is:

Local Vigilante ‘Recapture’ Mubi, Drive Boko Haram Out | Sahara Reporters http:///1Ez7Ulv

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/13/local-vigilante-%E2%80%98recapture%E2%80%99-mubi-drive-boko-haram-out

And you believe that crap? Care to explain how a vigilante group armed with cutlasses and dane guns drove out a terror group armed with Technicals equipped with HMGS, AK47 assault rifles, RPGs, GPMGs, grenades, captured army and Police APCs, etc?
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Ybholy(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2014
idupaul:
The Vigilantes did and not the Army ..
who told you
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by komank79: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2014
I swear I fear una for this forum, too many anti Nigeria, must of u have lost ur true sence of being a Nigeria due to the hate u have for JEGN you are now displaying ur smelling dirty and rotten stomach of sadness that Nigerian Army has recaptured mubi or wining the war, you idiots should think twice, if ur family where to be in mubi, won't u be praying the army recaptures it so that u and ur folks can go back to ur normal lives and business. Animals

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by MNDY(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Heard the services of very formidable hunters have been employed and has been making exploits in the anti-BH fight there in the north! I don't mean the Civilian JTF (CJTF)!
--------
Dem say gun or knife no dey enter the hunters who were gathered from different parts of the north and specially assigned to fight BH!
-----------
Perhaps BH has now finally met a setting which will pose as a great threat and maybe eventually lead to BH's downfall!
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Godtot(f): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]i pray this stays. Am scared of he happenings in north. Its cropping up south. :oi pray this stays. Am scared of he happenings in north. Its cropping up south.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Godtot(f): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2014
The polic Dg Has evacuated his kingsmen and family with helicopter n he denies it.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
Gboliwe:
Dear fellow nairalanders, we have a situation in our hands but I strongly believe that if you step in for a moment or two with your cash/cheque/paypal donations, advice and best wishes things will turnaround for good.
Please follow this link and may whatever it is you hold sacred smile upon you. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola

legal22
kleenox
bobasuo1
Wukari
Bright2
purity80
youngalex
otuson
blackeli
mekachuko
Ojiofor
Aliyubest
TonySpike
slimthugchimee
dayohoo
Agbo2
Austin4lif
jahchild34
greatestman
Plshavmercyamen
elspycey
kingstonalexis
PStacks
stormm
smokes
ubaobi
OGEmerald
Smilelo
Alphaoscar
shakazuldadon
Adechyno
Jamie1360
naijainstinct
Justlikethat
toaspromo
jaymichael
Whynotthetruth
overhypedsteve
Extractor101
Skywavenigeria
LagosEconomist
dat9jaguy
illydeco
K0ala7
Kunleskey
Canadiangirl
acorntree
Queen1
Damalex4luv
GLOBALX
jfking2005
EmoBoy
BlackTechnology
Raiders
tifany89
Demburrows
bayocanny
laykorn
oyedairo
shota
I would have loved to help but I have a lot going on and besides I'm not in Nigeria presently.
Modified
Let see what happens in the next few days.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by onowighose(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2014
who de who na? everyday army take mubi or boko bubi who we wan believe now??
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by codegidi: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
nairalandist:
Even if the NA recaptures Mubi, they still need to step up their game and take monitoring more seriously. The army needs to recruit more. We are a nation of 170 million, we shouldn't have less than 1.7 million military personnel. At least give us 1 soldier to a hundred men in case of a war.

Plus must boko always attack first? Why isn't the army more offensive? This una country sef ...

Wikipedia puts our total military (navy, air force and the army) at 130 thousand active personnel, that means the army probably has less than 50k soldiers... food for thought!

Times have changed, wars are not won by foot soliders any more, what we need it Intelligence, and hardware.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by overhypedsteve(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
Gboliwe:
Dear fellow nairalanders, we have a situation in our hands but I strongly believe that if you step in for a moment or two with your cash/cheque/paypal donations, advice and best wishes things will turnaround for good.
Please follow this link and may whatever it is you hold sacred smile upon you. cheesy

www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola

legal22
kleenox
bobasuo1
Wukari
Bright2
purity80
youngalex
otuson
blackeli
mekachuko
Ojiofor
Aliyubest
TonySpike
slimthugchimee
dayohoo
Agbo2
Austin4lif
jahchild34
greatestman
Plshavmercyamen
elspycey
kingstonalexis
PStacks
stormm
smokes
ubaobi
OGEmerald
Smilelo
Alphaoscar
shakazuldadon
Adechyno
Jamie1360
naijainstinct
Justlikethat
toaspromo
jaymichael
Whynotthetruth
overhypedsteve
Extractor101
Skywavenigeria
LagosEconomist
dat9jaguy
illydeco
K0ala7
Kunleskey
Canadiangirl
acorntree
Queen1
Damalex4luv
GLOBALX
jfking2005
EmoBoy
BlackTechnology
Raiders
tifany89
Demburrows
bayocanny
laykorn
oyedairo
shota
i really want to help. But i my pay is already three weeks late. Monday is promising though.
God pls heal Djdola. God pls bless everyone that have sacri4iced to see him well and God pls bless seun of nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Gboliwe: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
overhypedsteve:
i really want to help. But i my pay is already three weeks late. Monday is promising though.
God pls heal Djdola. God pls bless everyone that have sacri4iced to see him well and God pls bless seun of nairaland.

It is well dear. May God enable you to be able to sow into this just as your heart craves to be a part of it.
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Gboliwe: 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
overhypedsteve:
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Mortiano:

what are u still waiting for, there form was sometime ago made available, i wonder y u didnt join
my big bro,no forget elshaddai58 in group 3
Re: Nigerian Military Recaptures Mubi by Mortiano(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
elshaddai58:

my big bro,no forget elshaddai58 in group 3
kk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize Armed Bandits In Military Camouflage In Zamfara.Graphic Photos / APC Backs Sanwo-Olu On Abolition Of Pension Payment To Tinubu, Fashola, Others / Pictures From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Ilorin, Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.