Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. (15337 Views)

USA Reduces Aid To 1.9m Nigerians Living With HIV Over Gay Support / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease / Inspirational Tweets Of People Living With Sickle-Cell Disease. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by paul288yahoo(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2014
Nobleval:
I think you're very wrong. South Africa takes that.
look it up
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2014
paul288yahoo:
look it up
am not stupid.

SA the ‘drunkest’ country
in Africa

http://citizen.co.za/176928/sa-drunkest-country-africa/
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Mistermamus(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Due to consumption of alcohol
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Bantino(m): 11:39am On Nov 16, 2014
Harbosede02:
God is nt a confused someboby

No He is not; but we are. He is not somebody but God... grin
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by creamylicious(f): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2014
drered:
Ehn ehn? So its too much intake of sugar that causes diabetes ba?
my broda na high level of blood sugar full my arena oooo.....
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by stanisbaratheon: 12:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
iamord:

Not just that..check the average Nigerian mans food and see.. Starch!!! Starch!!! Starch!!!

yea that's another one. A very important one at that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by iamord(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
stanisbaratheon:

yea that's another one. A very important one at that.
U wonder y a lot of asians live longer and stay healthy. Check their diet and see.. We need to diversify our foods, create awareness and create new healthy local recipes that the common man can pepare and eat. How will you go to a house and just see beans and plaintain. No good
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by echepops(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
Keep calm y'all, the cure is here. Based on belief!! UAB researchers have found that Verapamil, a common blood pressure drug, reverses diabetes in mice. Human trials to begin next year.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by iamord(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
THANKS TO COKE
Indomie rice garri!!
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by shehuAO: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
White rice,white bread.white pounded yams and gari etc,all cooked in restaurants are dangerous to eat because of diabetes.which food is good for a diabetes patience?or for none diabetes person?
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by xreal: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
I don't agree with that. Except you give me figures in ratio/percentage.
Our population equals some 5 countries in the same Africa.
Do the maths.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Were does it state in ur post dat nigeria has d higher case of diabetes. Besides nigeria is d most populous black nation on earth. Such statistic shldnt b surprising.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by mizzochocinco: 3:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
chelseabmw:
I'm not sure of this.... personally I think it's south africa... Hospitals in Sa are filled with people with diabetes
where is the evidence?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by ziga: 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Very misleading headline and article.

The article clearly states that they do not know the exact number of diabetics in Nigeria because we are horrible at keeping records but very good at making speculations.

And of course, we are quick to react before finding out the details of a situation.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by 9jatatafo(m): 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Our eating habit is bad and lack of exercise. All we care about is work and work no time for exercise. Even the monthly sanitation, it is for meeting and owambes. Though some people are bone with diabetes, I have seen a 1 week old baby that is diabetic. It is not the end of the world, everyone will sure die one day but it is good we get the right info to manage diabetes. Some greedy doctors will tell you they can reverse diabetes but all na wash.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Louislewis: 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
In African, Nigeria eats the highest level of unregulated sugar contained food, juice, snacks etc. Infact, our government agencies on food and drugs is not doing anything to regulate this. Infact, everything you eat in Nigeria, is also garnish with sugar to make sales. killing people everyday. NAFDAC and their sister agencies nothing. What a shame!
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by mukailasule(m): 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sokoto Has 600,000 Diabetes Cases – Wamakko
http://leadership.ng/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/aliyu_wamakko_01-300x214.jpg
Gov. Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto state on Saturday said out of six million reported cases of diabetes in Nigeria, no fewer than 600,000 were in the state.

Wamakko made this known in Sokoto at a ceremony to commemorate the 2014 World Diabetes Day in the state.
He said that the statistics of the ailment in the state and the nation were high and called for more aggressive measures to reduce the rate.
read more :http://www.mukailife..com/2014/11/sokoto-has-600000-diabetes-cases-wamakko.html
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Legit: 7:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
Dannyset:
I am covered by His Blood.
stop fooling yourself, nobody will safe you, but u. if you're consuming bad diet and expect somebody blood to save u, you will be long gone. your stmt is religion fanatism.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Dannyset(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Legit:
stop fooling yourself, nobody will safe you, but u. if you're consuming bad diet and expect somebody blood to save u, you will be long gone. your stmt is religion fanatism.

Ok we have seen u....I Too Know fanatism.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by ab1x: 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
There is a local cure for it. Should you've anybody that has it, you can contact me.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by IDERAWOLE(m): 9:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
May you not be found a diabetic patient. However testing diabetic is not the end of the world. All you need is enough education and readiness to take your health serious.

There are several solutions to this life threatening ailment.

First and foremost before telling the audience here what to use and where to get such remedies; it is important to recognize the symptoms of a diabetic patient.

SYMPTOMS

-FREQUENTS URINATION
-THIRST
-SUDDEN WEIGHT LOSS
-EXTREME HUNGER
-VISION PROBLEMS
-FEELING TIRED ALL THE TIME
-SLOW HEALING OF WOUNDS
-FREQUENT FEVER AND BODY PAIN

CAUSES

-HEREDITARY
-DIET
-PANCREAS FAILURE
-OBESITY

COMPLICATIONS

-KIDNEY DISEASE
-HEART DISEASE
-EYE DISEASE
-NERVE DAMAGE

You'll agree this disease require an urgent action before a greater damage is done.

There are combination of products from this company that has been found highly effective.

For effective treatment; a patient needs to first recognize the stage of ailment:

-CORRECTION(DIABETES WITH COMPLICATION)
-PREVENTION(DIABETES WITH UNCONTROLLED BLOOD GLUCOSE CONDITION)
-ACTIVATION(INDIVIDUALS WITH A FAMILY HISTORY OF DIABETES)

PRODUCTS TO EFFECTIVELY HANDLE THIS

-DIALIFE
-ORGANIK
-LIFE ENZYME
-A.N.T HEALTH PACK

All of these products can be gotten from this company whose website address is here:

www.cni-nigeria.com

Check through the product link and read about these products.

In order to get this product and for more information about usage, check my signature and call if you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Litmus: 10:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
In many ways, diabetes is a disease of affluence...
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by Kingbilo(m): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2014
Nigeria has the largest population in Africa, naturally it will have the highest number of everything human related. I'm tired of seeing these supposedly "shocking" statistics. Use your brain. Talk percentages.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by nopecin(m): 7:42am On Nov 17, 2014
If you never see another person farm you go say nah your papa farm big pass...............you must be joking with your comment dont play with south africans when it comes to alcohol ....Gbam

paul288yahoo:
not surprised .....Nigeria is the highest consumers of alcohol in africa
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by tuslakoncept: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2014
We have all sorts of natural health remedies that can boost immunity and constantly detoxify the system and manage our BP but we choose not to embrace them.

Have you heard about the Asian Wonder Seed "Black Seed"?

The amazing seed contains Vit A, B1, B2, B3, C, calcium, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, selenium etc.

A blend of our local raw honey and the oil extracted from this Asian black seed has the
following great benefits:
Regulate the blood pressure
Boosts Energy
Detoxifies the liver
Stimulates regeneration of dying cells in the diabetics pancreas
Improves blood circulation
Reduces bad cholesterol
Prevents cancer and helps cancer sufferers
Boosts immune system (HIV/AIDS patients take note) NB: IT IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR ART
Anti-tumor
Detoxifies the blood
Ideal for Asthma patients
Men who have discovered this get to enjoy
more stamina and extra time in bed.

The black seed oil is NOT FOR PREGNANT
WOMEN

Mix the oil and raw honey and take a tablespoon daily.
You can order the black seed oil/raw bee honey and start a healthy living lifestyle today.
please call 07031315222 or chat on BBM:2A4E4D29

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by mitnick(m): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2014
this is serious with all the Yoyo bitters Alomo Yemkem etc. that we have. it means they don't work. I think NAFDAC should work more on this products and let us know wassup before they destroy liver and kidney in the procedure of curing or preventing diabetes.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by kenlincagro: 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
whats your problem are you scared of the truth?
natureblack:
What a misleading headline angry angry angry

Effect of Noni Juice in treating diabetes would have served.

Simpletons always trying to churn out fictional stat from God-knows-where just to vituperate the image of Nigeria.

Mr kenlincagro(OP),kindly direct your dopey self to something lucrative,or you can as well come paint my fart angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by natureblack(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2014
kenlincagro:
whats your problem are you scared of the truth?
scared of what truth undecided......my ord still stands that the headline is deceptive.

And as for my problem,I believe you have anosognosic's dilemma, since you don't know what your problem is,a solution or cure would be a mumbo-jumbo.

C'est du n'importe quoi ! angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of People Living With Diabetes In Africa. by kenlincagro: 9:22am On Nov 19, 2014
NONI fruit juice works best and its not bitter sef...
Beehshorp:
of course am not surprised... i been dey expect world sef
the kain sugar wey we dey take for dis nation no be ere ooo.. u no see say yoyo bitters and iguedo cleanser no dey go market again..
who like bitter thing sef@op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Perfect Ways To Better Your Mental Health / Your Experience In The Hands Of Nigerian Nurses / Top 10 Most Contagious Illness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.