Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (368711 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Way forward Nigeria??

Busybody2
Let's focus on the way forward.

Can DJ cope as an outpatient?
What's the doctors advice ?

For me,
He should remain there till he is certified OK
What ever is worth doing is ......
let's close this page once and for all.

Thanks to volunteers and contributors
Laughter shall not depart from your lips. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

I understand the needs for extensive tests when necessary Ma'am, but in this case this hospital is being light-fingered and wicked, and time is of the essence.

Blinkered doofus, so I should keep smiling like a didinrin whilst Jarus is insulting me and throwing unwarranted cheapshots at me abi...Thanks for your advise.

And siddon dia wait for me to go and get slate and chalk to break down diagnosis 4 - 3 =?? for you, una hear
...wait I dey come...
I have no idea what you called me means but I guess its not complimentary.
with your caustic responses, its not hard to know you are in the medical line. I got your explanation and it seems you were misunderstood initially.
I dont mind if you write out your observations on slate to laymen like me.
Although i think you are sensitive to comments, but your inputs are much appreciated.
just state it direct and simply.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

a,b,c,d refers to the 4 options/differential diagnosis indicated by the hospital in that update...Ultrasound scan done 16th/17th of November threw up a mass...Cytology test done Nov 24th or was it Nov 29th revealed cells...Colonoscopy done around same time revealed mass on Colon...Laparoscopy ordered but it result wasn't published meaning it was called off...why was this called off? Why was liver biopsy requested for and not Colon biopsy which could have been done same time as Colonoscopy? Why treatment for Tuberculosis this week? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...Why are they dodging option a since 3 weeks ago

We are all aware DJ got admitted Nov 15th, so this Friday would make it week 5.
@Emboldened, seriously? Ma'am please I don't know who gives you your information but please stop spreading falsehood

Look at the date on the picture of the receipt of the Colonoscopy. It dates 5/12/2014.... https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/70#28728201
If the ultra scan and CT scan were done at the same time that puts the lm in the range of 2-3rd of December not what you would love people to believe in your misleading posts.

Now as to why a liver biopsy was called, did you miss the picture here?
https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/74#28961643 where the tests you said where gotten from LUTH/Eruwa was posted. So if that was what was sent to them would it not be sensible to carry out a biopsy on the liver after it did not respond to a treatment with antibiotics?

You also mentioned that a Colin biopsy should have been done when the colonoscopy was done but how will that be possible if the mass is NOT INSIDE the colon but outside?

Why the laparoscopy was called off, if the doctors think there are symptoms of TB, why should that not be visited?

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Mynd44:

@Emboldened, seriously? Ma'am please I don't know who gives you your information but please stop spreading falsehood

Look at the date on the picture of the receipt of the Colonoscopy. It dates 5/12/2014.... https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/70#28728201
If the ultra scan and CT scan were done at the same time that puts the lm in the range of 2-3rd of December not what you would love people to believe in your misleading posts.

OMG, I said if Cytology was done AROUND this dateNov 29th, I did not say "ON", dammit!!! Why the Iro ojukoroju, my posts are still there haba! It's two different words with two different meaning!!! November 29th is "still around" December 3rd, which was the date r231 updated that they said a Colonoscopy was needed! How could a nitpicking pedant like you get this wrong

Mynd44:

Now as to why a liver biopsy was called, did you miss the picture here?
https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/74#28961643 where the tests you said where gotten from LUTH/Eruwa was posted. So if that was what was sent to them would it not be sensible to carry out a biopsy on the liver after it did not respond to a treatment with antibiotics?

LFT, etc indicates a healthy liver, so why is a liver biopsy needed for a healthy liver again

Mynd44:

You also mentioned that a Colin biopsy should have been done when the colonoscopy was done but how will that be possible if the mass is NOT INSIDE the colon but outside?

I said it could have been done.
Again, this is two different words with two different meaning used in another context/discussion!

Mynd44:

Why the laparoscopy was called off, if the doctors think there are symptoms of TB, why should that not be visited?

At this stage/date, bleeding inside detected, another ultrasound scan detects growth, Colonoscopy detects a mass, Cytology test result states cancer cells detected, etc, and the Doctor leaves the "definite" to treat the "maybe" In week 5 oh
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by AreaFada2: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank you all guys
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

OMG, I said if Cytology was done AROUND this dateNov 29th, I did not say "ON", dammit!!! Why the Iro ojukoroju, my posts are still there haba! It's two different words with two different meaning!!! November 29th is "still around" December 3rd, which was the date r231 updated that they said a Colonoscopy was needed! How could a nitpicking pedant like you get this wrong
Wow...so you can really do this just to hide you misinformation? They say elders don't lie but you ma'am just became an exception

https://www.nairaland.com/post/28963923

...Ultrasound scan done 16th/17th of November threw up a mass...Cytology test done Nov 24th or was it Nov 29th revealed cells...Colonoscopy done around same time revealed mass on Colon...Laparoscopy ordered but it result wasn't published meaning it was called off..
ultra scan done on...not around
Cytology test done on....not around

Then colonoscopy test done around this time which points to the time which you falsely said the ultra scan and cytology was done. Don't run from your lies

LFT, etc indicates a healthy liver, so why is a liver biopsy needed for a healthy liver again
Again you need to relax. Which LFT said the Liver was okay? What date? Link please

I said it could have been done.
Again, this is two different words with two different meaning used in another context/discussion!
Still hiding are we?

At this stage/date, bleeding inside detected, another ultrasound scan detects growth, Colonoscopy detects a mass, Cytology test result states cancer cells detected, etc, and the Doctor leaves the "definite" to treat the "maybe" In week 5 oh
If you disagree with the doctor's methods, by all means you are free to drag yourself down here to come and treat him by yourself or pls consultant. Without that I will treat you like your username implies, a busybody. Your aim is just to come here to be a busybody without any aim but cause trouble with half truths and fallacious lies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
The major problem here is simple we all feel the hospital is taking too long to arrive at a definite diagnosis and we all agree but we all forget to look at the situation we are all in.

No one remembers when we were in a state confusion as to finding an hospital when he was fresh out of Eruwa.

We all forget that this is Nigeria where the teaching hospitals are in strike so that is off the table.

We forget that hospitals here (private) don't have their own labs so you need to go to the labs with your patient. So think of these

• Labs don't open Saturday and Sundays

• labs are only opened between 9-3pm each day and even at that don't bet on them closing at 3

• Even between that time, you are not likely to run the tests the day you go to the labs as there is most likely a hundred more people at the lab already waiting to do the same test which means you might not do it the day you want to do it

• Your results won't be ready that day as there are a lot of results to publish. It might take 2-3 days before you get the results

• Here, the labs don't mail the hospital the results, you have to go pick it up yourself. When you go, you have to wait while they sort the results out. Sometimes go back as the result is not ready yet

• When you get the results, because the hospital specializes in only one thing, a consultant has to be called in. He/she might be busy in his/her hospital and might take 2 days to show up. Note they don't also work on weekends so you might be looking at 4 days waiting.

These are some of the challenges we don't factor as we just assumes we at TEHN have been sitting down on our hands for more than a month with nothing to show.

It is not an excuse for TEHN but it should show what kind of situation we are in

12 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2014
Seriously?

Can we move on?

If you have a better idea or opinion, state it. You don't need to condemn others. Nobody is getting paid for this.

Please guys, let DJ go home if the doctors don't object. I feel he is strong enough.

Let's move on!

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 7:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Hmmm....so if person no raise voice for this thread una no go talk una challenges ba.
Who no go rili no know.
So now wen una don explain, anything happen to una undecided

Anyway keep up the good work and don't relent from this service. The Lord will always be your muscle wink

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
colossus2:
Hmmm....so if person no raise voice for this thread una no go talk una challenges ba.
Who no go rili no know.

Anyway keep up the good work and don't relent from this service. The Lord will always be your muscle wink

Would you have preferred them coming here to give unconfirmed and scanty details?

Chai! Na wa for una o. You guys really think these volunteers don't have a life outside NL.

Pffftttttt.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
No mind them jare @ Caracta,Kudos to all the TeHN volunteers, they think it is easy running around, they open there mouth anyhow dey yarn nonsense.... undecided angry

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cococandy(f): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
I agree with busybody on this particular point.
Maybe you guys need to ask the doctor/s wh at he/they intend/s to do about this definite diagnosis while still testing for other possible causes of ailment.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Many of those criticising have no idea of what the team has done.

Do you expect them to mention everything here?

The sleepless nights, phone calls, hospital visits, fights, caring for the patient and his family, responding to mails and sending mails, running errands, etc. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and type abi?

May God forgive you!

They obviously can't be perfect. Mistakes can be made. What we need to do is point them in the right direction reasonably.

I've noticed the way every team set up here has been rubbished one way or the other...even the team that went to Ewejobi. Haba! It's not fair! Let's drop this habit. It's totally uncalled for. I lost a great deal of respect for some people who were quick to jump into conclusions and point fingers like there was no tomorrow.

This has to stop. If you think you would have done better, kindly indicate interest and join the team or take over completely. Simple!

20 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caracta:

The sleepless nights, phone calls, hospital visits, fights, caring for the patient and his family, responding to mails and sending mails, running errands, etc. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and type abi?

May God forgive you!

They obviously can't be perfect. Mistakes can be made. What we need to do is point them in the right direction reasonably.

I've noticed the way every team set up here has been rubbished one way or the other...even the team that went to Ewejobi. Haba! It's not fair! Let's drop this habit. It's totally uncalled for. I lost a great deal of respect for some people who were quick to jump into conclusions and point fingers like there was no tomorrow.

This has to stop. If you think you would have done better, kindly indicate interest and join the team or take over completely. Simple!

gbam..... kiss

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Mynd44:

Wow...so you can really do this just to hide you misinformation? They say elders don't lie but you ma'am just became an exception

https://www.nairaland.com/post/28963923

ultra scan done on...not around
Cytology test done on....not around

Then colonoscopy test done around this time which points to the time which you falsely said the ultra scan and cytology was done. Don't run from your lies

Oh boy, I have to spell everything out for this one ***rolls eyes***See your ekeyofuro lies, see you blindly mixing dates up wrongly! I am talking about the result of the first ultrasound dated Nov 17th done at Surulere, not the one requested Dec 3rd

r231 provided an update/receipt on November 21st stating N10,000 was charged for ultrasound r231 provided an update dated November 17th that he was taken to Surulere for abdo-pelvic ultrasound r231 provided an update on Dec 3rd that ANOTHER ultrasound was ordered. It's all still on the thread jeez!!! Two ultrasounds have been done according to updates.

I am aware Cytology was ordered Nov 27th. I am aware Colonoscopy was ordered Dec 2nd hence reason I said twas done "AROUND" the Cytology date... I am not a blind dingbat like you.

Mynd44:

Again you need to relax. Which LFT said the Liver was okay? What date? Link please

Why the jittery nerves? R231 update dated Dec 3rd stated liver bloodwork okay. So if it wasn't LFT that was done, which bloodwork was it? Abi na okrika hospital una carry am go ni?

Mynd44:

Still hiding are we?

If your dense brain don't understand something, ASK!! The train of thought behind that logic was due to the numerous tests he was being subjected to and still to be subjected to...According to today's update from r231, after treatment for Tuberculosis, more scans is lined up to detect primary source of cancerous cells detected SINCE Cytology test that was done since Nov 27th oh and more scan is lined up for grading, etc, YET CT scan could have done this/done this ages ago, Colonoscopy could have been combined, etc. Gerrit dumbo, grrrrrrrr!!

Mynd44:

If you disagree with the doctor's methods, by all means you are free to drag yourself down here to come and treat him by yourself or pls consultant. Without that I will treat you like your username implies, a busybody. Your aim is just to come here to be a busybody without any aim but cause trouble with half truths and fallacious lies.

But you are the incompetent goofaholic lying all over the place because you couldn't connect the dot that more than one ultrasound had been done!!! Berra park well or run along undecided
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 7:43pm On Dec 17, 2014
Mynd44,please stop! Abeg dash me this one shogbo? Hold body biko! Think about DJ!!! E be ni mo be ooo....hian
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 7:45pm On Dec 17, 2014
colossus2:
Who no go rili no know.

dey add petrol u hia? Nonsense! angry
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caracta:
Seriously?

Can we move on?

If you have a better idea or opinion, state it. You don't need to condemn others. Nobody is getting paid for this.

Please guys, let DJ go home if the doctors don't object. I feel he is strong enough.

Let's move on!

I support this!

The guy don try...if he is strong enough to jog from ikeja to oshodi, abeg let him go home and relax small.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 7:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caracta:

Would you have preferred them coming here to give unconfirmed and scanty details?

Chai! Na wa for una o. You guys really think these volunteers don't have a life outside NL.

Pffftttttt.

Like seriously?
I never knew....thought they only live online undecided
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
colossus2:

Like seriously?
I never knew....thought they only live online undecided

Now you know.

Make good use of this info then.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by colossus2: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:

dey add petrol u hia? Nonsense! angry
angry
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
cococandy:

I agree with busybody on this particular point.
Maybe you guys need to ask the doctor/s with he/they intend/s to do about this definite diagnosis while still testing for other possible causes of ailment.

**DJ was admitted November 15th...According to the most recent update, the hospital said four potential diagnosis :- Cancer, Liver disease, Advanced Retroviral disease, Abdominal TB

**He ruled two (liver and retroviral) out in a matter of days. On Nov 27th, blood test reveals cancerous cells...today is Dec 17th/week 5 and update is still stating they are treating Tuberculosis after which they will now request further tests to detect primary source of cancerous cells, etc...

**Luth that he came from was already investigating Cancer in week 2.

**See DJ's last report stating what the Eruwa Doctor told Caracta below...

**And these people are still making it about them, their money, their sleepless nights, their numerous phone calls, blah, blah, blah...

I don't understand why this people are making it about them, the team, etc?? Was it not on this same thread that Olu4life who was Team leader for group A insulted and disrespected and publicly overlooked?? I wonder if they read what they post??

@Gbadexy
thanks for the apology, I apologise too. It's gonna be 5 weeks, why haven't the hospital been asked "the obvious" that can this be Cancer? Because there is cancer and there is cancer, but malignant ascites usually indicates endstage meaning that... sad sad sad

I like DJ's strong faith and tap into it as well that God is powerful healer and the next series of scans and tests would be negative with him getting 100% clean bill of health...

DJDOLA:
Good morin everybody...I can't stop thanking u people for d support u all gave me am so glad right now....if u guys see me now u will not believe...am ok and strong now I can jug from ikeja 2 oshodi....and as my big sister cracta said one doctor as told my family 2 stop spending money on me that I can not survive...but our God we serve is powerful than any doctor... nothing prayer can not do wit prayer and u guys support am back on my feet as am typing now am strolling down d hospital just taking fresh air...I feel like going home and start my normal life....once again thank u LORD thank u NL members thank u TEHNS

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by semitunde: 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Its still all good anyways.

If everything went swimmingly since the first day with everyone smiling at each other, then this would not have been a proper project, the people involved wouldn't have been Nigerians and the working environment would have been those only experienced in dreams.

We will all smile in the end though.

Busybody2, thanks for the concern and "passionate" responses. Inspite on the little bile, I'm sure some have learnt something's from your observations.

I wonder why babyosisi kept quiet all this while...

Good job TEHN and everyone involved here.

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by cococandy(f): 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Idowuogbo:

I support this!

The guy don try...if he is strong enough to jog from ikeja to oshodi, abeg let him go home and relax small.
lol. I know he feels strong but is probably not as strong as he thinks he is right now.
Except he has someone with him all the time to take care of him round the clock
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by 1miccza: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caracta:

May God forgive you!

I just want you to know that every good move and thing comes with a price,people would always criticize some with good intentions and others out of jealousy and evil intentions. Be focussed and keep up the good work,thumbs up...
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

I don't understand why this people are making it about them, the team, etc?? What Team? Was it not on this same thread that Olu4life who was Team leader for group A insulted and disrespected and publicly overlooked?? I wonder if they read what they post??

**DJ was admitted November 15th...According to the most recent update, the hospital said four potential diagnosis :- Cancer, Liver disease, Advanced Retroviral disease, Abdominal TB

**He ruled two (liver and retroviral) out in a matter of days. On Nov 27th, blood test reveals cancerous cells...today is Dec 17th/week 5 and update is still stating they are treating Tuberculosis after which they will now request further tests to detect primary source of cancerous cells, etc...

**Luth that he came from was already investigating Cancer in week 2.

**See DJ's last report stating what the Eruwa Doctor told Caracta below...

**And these people are still making it about them, their money, their sleepless nights, their numerous phone calls, blah, blah, blah...

@Gbadexy
thanks for the apology, I apologise too. It's gonna be 5 weeks, why haven't the hospital been asked "the obvious" that can this be Cancer? Because there is cancer and there is cancer, but malignant ascites usually indicates endstage... sad sad sad

I like DJ's strong faith and tap into it as well that God is powerful healer and the next series of scans and tests would be negative with him getting 100% clean bill of health...

I feel your concern. I think your professional observation has been noted.
The whole thing was just a misunderstanding. I would really love for you to continue monitoring and inputing your professional advice.
I have great respect for the Tehn members and natural respect for practitionals. with you all working together, you can achieve more.
Seeing recent pix of hamed, I have no doubt that the storm is over. he is on the way to recovery by God's grace.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Busybody2(f): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Amen @gbadexy. Amen in Jesus' name...

1miccza:

I just want you to know that every good move and thing comes with a price,people would always criticize some with good intentions and others out of jealousy and evil intentions. Be focussed and keep up the good work,thumbs up...

Yeah I am full of evil intention for voicing out concerns about the hospital's deliberate attempt to ignore the cancerous cells and mass their own test brought up undecided God save me from all these otondos creeping out of the woodworks... sad
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Wooow. Things just got clearer. Well the truth is a lot of peeps are not too cool with the updates cos the cost is getting on the high side and no cogent diagnosis.
Sorry but I don't understand all d medical terms but atleats have a clue to what is happening
@busybody2 sis mi biko calm down. Totally understand u. At least ur opinion has made TEHN reveal some details that were hidden.
My own is that IS THE HOSPITAL CAPABLE OF GOING ON? Are they d one conducting the tests? Make person break am down for me in layman's term not in medical term biko
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by 1miccza: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

Yeah I am full of evil intention for voicing out concerns about the hospital's deliberate attempt to ignore the cancerous cells and mass their own test brought up undecided God save me from all these otondos creeping out of the woodworks... sad

Helloooo!!!did you read my comment?where in it did you see a name or a moniker? Guess the conscience speaks out loud can't even remember if and where you posted your comment,anyway mine was meant to encourage.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
By the way,if the doctor says DJ is fit to go home please let's abide by it so as to save cost.
1miccza:

Helloooo!!!did you read my comment?where in it did you see a name or a moniker? Guess the conscience speaks out loud can't even remember if and where you posted your comment,anyway mine was meant to encourage.
Bro biko let's just forget all this na.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Caracta(f): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Busybody2:

You have made good observations. What do you suggest we do now? Change the hospital? Fly him to India, Dubai or Israel? Hand the case over to another team? Take DJ home?

At this juncture, what do we do? Money has been spent already. Do we move on or stay focused on the observations around a circle?

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Cancer bi ti bo o?

A'UZU BILLAHI!!!!

Djdola,I reject it on your behalf.

All clean is your portion in the mighty name of Jesus.

AMEN! ! !

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.