Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 (32240 Views)

Xenophobic Attack:nigeria Provides Emergency Number For Distressed Nigeria In SA / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa / She Broke The G.o.p. And Now She Owns It- Times Op-ed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nollywood is worth $800million a year... 2 South African malls make more money that.

You're ignorant
some people just sound stup:d while attempting to twist facts. grin grin
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 9:45am On Nov 22, 2014
DieeDiee:

LOL... You are not dumb, you are way beyond dumb I don't think there's even a word for your level of stupidity. You are not worth talking to.
#theEnd
empty post from an empty vessel.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by magubane: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Let me give these nigerian dummies a crash course.
1.South africa has a stock exchange valued at $1trillion bigger the singapore and hong kong first.

2. In terms of films we HAVE WON AN OSCAR for TSOTSI
We HAVE AN OSCAR WINNING ACTRESS Charlize Theron
Your film industry is only made up of DVD sales ours if counting annual sales only includes the box office that is ticket sales so I'm pretty sure with afrikaans films selling more then 350 000 units per blockbuster our revenue can overtake yours

3. Music industry we Have 4 grammies how many do you have remind me?
Name me one legendary nigerian artist beside Fela komiti or something and I'll name you globally know south africans LadySmithBlackMambazo, Miriam Makeba, pJ powers, Johny clegg, Vicky samson, hugh Masikela, thandiswa maswai, Leti Mbuli, Mbongeni ngema do you want me to continue
Other Artists big in africa ryt now
The parlotones, AKA, mafikizolo, Cassper Nyovest, The prime circle, beatenburg, Goldfish, kidX, Kwesta, Toya delazy, Zahara , Big Nuz man it's endless

3. Television, the biggest allsport broadcaster in the world SuperSport is south african, The largest Most available satellite company DSTV, The 3rd largest public broadcaster after BBC and CCtv is SABC, pls google shows like.......Late night with loyiso gOla, noeleen 3talk, idols sa, Masterchef sa, Xfactor south africa, Isidingo, intersections, rhythm city, scandal, fear factor south africa, 10over 10, dineo's diary, top billing, take me out sa, they are endless world class productions that your countries can't even produce

4. Sport you only have what soccer....but our league is bigger then yours interms of broadcast rights and revenue, we don't only have soccer but we have rurby leagues, tennis, golf, netballs racing, scatting, surfing, extreme sport you name it we have it polo, hiking, mountain racing cord biking, cyclists, marathons.....we have it all

5.Religion I mean Gay marrige is legal we have a gay member of parliament, every religion can practise with out intimidation or fear......muslims christians, buddhist's, hindus, jews, we have it alll do you want me to continue

Hit like and I can gooooooo on and onnnn and onnnnh

3 Likes

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 9:54am On Nov 22, 2014
DieeDiee:

Another example of your lack of smarts, slums are what you have in Nigeria. We have townships with streets, street names, houses with house numbers, libraries, parks etc. Our addresses are 10 Street Name, Suburb, City, Post Code not Stupid Evarn, opposite gas station, Lagos (lol and in Nigeria that is a typical business' address) LoL
Ps we don't have Boko haram in SA stupid
its a pity what living in soweto slums can do to people,it ret@rds the IQ of an already ret@rded zulu caveman.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:
do you mean boko haram is "booming" everyone in the slums of south africa?

Nigeria has almost 3 times the slum population dwellers by percentage...

Most Nigerians live in slums

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by magubane: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:
its a pity what living in soweto slums can do to people,it ret@rds the IQ of an already ret@rded zulu caveman.

First soweto as much as it has everyone had you know better ud know soweto is predominantly sotho not zulu......and it's a fact the worst "slums" in sa have excess to sanitation, electricity, they are codified by street name and have libraries as well and health facilities....can't say the same for nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:
some people just sound stup:d while attempting to twist facts. grin grin

It doesn't change the fact that a random 2 South African malls make more money than the whole of Nollywood
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nigeria has almost 3 times the population dwellers by percentage...
Most Nigerians live in slums
EMPTY POST
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2014
magubane:

First soweto as much as it has everyone had you know better ud know soweto is predominantly sotho not zulu......and it's a fact the worst "slums" in sa have excess to sanitation, electricity, they are codified by street name and have libraries as well and health facilities....can't say the same for nigeria.
funny how over 80% of zulu/sotho slum dwellers do not have electricity.in nigeria almost every house is connected to electricity.there are slums scattered all over SA
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 10:22am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:
EMPTY POST

Naija tears inbound in;

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 10:38am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:

Hun, please google map Soweto. It is x100 better than Lagos. It has tarred streets, wide, uncluttered roads, there are colleges, parks, libraries, robots etc. The houses are beautiful with manicured gardens. You can only dream of living in Soweto. In actual fact Soweto hosts a number of annual events such as the Soweto Wine Festival now which slum would host a wine fest? There's quad biking, bungee jumping, tshisa nyamas, Soweto is vibing my baby. The slums you talk of are where your fellow Nigerians live. You'll find 20 Nigerians living in one room.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 10:39am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:
funny how over 80% of zulu/sotho slum dwellers do not have electricity.in nigeria almost every house is connected to electricity.there are slums scattered all over SA

120 million Nigerians don't have electricity

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/137794-120mn-nigerians-lack-access-to-electricity-supply-power-minister.html

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

- First you state the G20 is useless BUT you wish Nigeria was part of it.

- Second you fail to explain to me why the G20 was useless, so I will take it its useless because Nigeria is sidelined...... as usual.

- Again you fail to point out which G20 economy was lesser than of Pakistan and Egypt.

Your ignorance is persistent
i think you're the clown here.

Take a look:
All 19 member nations are
among the top 34 economies as measured in
GDP at nominal prices in a list published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for 2014.[41] Not represented by
membership in the G-20 are Switzerland (ranked 20th by the IMF), Nigeria (21), Norway (26), Taiwan (27), the United Arab Emirates (29), Iran (30), Colombia (31), and Thailand (32), even though they rank higher
than some members. Spain (14), the Netherlands (16), Sweden (22), Poland (23), Belgium (25), Austria (28), and Denmark (33) are included only as part of the
EU, and not independently.

When the countries' GDP is
measured at purchasing power parity (PPP) rates , [37] all 19 members are among the top 30 in the
world on April 2014,
according to the IMF. Iran (18), Nigeria (20),[/] Taiwan (21), Thailand (22), [b]Egypt (23), Pakistan (26), Malaysia (28), and the Philippines (29) are not G-20 members,
while Spain (16), Poland (24) and the Netherlands (27) are only included in the
EU slot.

More.

However, in a list of
average GDP, calculated for
the years since the group's
creation (1999–2008) at
both nominal and PPP rates, only Spain, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Taiwan , Iran and Thailand appear above any G-20 member in
both lists simultaneously.

I think we now know who the real Giant of Africa is. Nigeria.

Source: wikipedia
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2014
EVarn:

Its useless to be connected to a power grid if the electricity doesn't work in the first place lol

And before you say you didn't say anything about a power grid in order for your household electricity to work you need to be connected to a power grid which controls the energy - (lol)
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:
i think you're the clown here.

Take a look:
All 19 member nations are
among the top 34 economies as measured in
GDP at nominal prices in a list published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for 2014.[41] Not represented by
membership in the G-20 are Switzerland (ranked 20th by the IMF), Nigeria (21), Norway (26), Taiwan (27), the United Arab Emirates (29), Iran (30), Colombia (31), and Thailand (32), even though they rank higher
than some members. Spain (14), the Netherlands (16), Sweden (22), Poland (23), Belgium (25), Austria (28), and Denmark (33) are included only as part of the
EU, and not independently.

When the countries' GDP is
measured at purchasing power parity (PPP) rates , [37] all 19 members are among the top 30 in the
world on April 2014,
according to the IMF. Iran (18), Nigeria (20),[/] Taiwan (21), Thailand (22), [b]Egypt (23), Pakistan (26), Malaysia (28), and the Philippines (29) are not G-20 members,
while Spain (16), Poland (24) and the Netherlands (27) are only included in the
EU slot.

More.

However, in a list of
average GDP, calculated for
the years since the group's
creation (1999–2008) at
both nominal and PPP rates, only Spain, the Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Taiwan , Iran and Thailand appear above any G-20 member in
both lists simultaneously.

I think we now know who the real Giant of Africa is. Nigeria.

Source: wikipedia

Fact: South Africa is a G20 member, Nigeria is not

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2014
@Nobleval: Wikipedia? THAT is your source of information? Any one with internet connection can edit and add a wiki entry and the information is not verified hence it is not regarded as a reliable source of information. Best way to get 0% on an assignment? Reference Wikipedia

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

It doesn't change the fact that a random 2 South African malls make more money than the whole of Nollywood
which fact? You're just making up all these trashes.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Fact: South Africa is a G20 member, Nigeria is not
DieeDiee:
@Nobleval: Wikipedia? THAT is your source of information? Any one with internet connection can edit and add a wiki entry and the information is not verified hence it is not regarded as a reliable source of information. Best way to get 0% on an assignment? Reference Wikipedia
now both of you sound pathetic!
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 10:54am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

120 million Nigerians don't have electricity

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/137794-120mn-nigerians-lack-access-to-electricity-supply-power-minister.html

They lack sanitation and clean water too. That is why in 2014 diseases such as ecoli and ebola is still on Nigerians' lips

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:

The Naija way: when backed in a corner, exposed or defeated or when the truth is biting you...just name call and insult

FYI: doesn't make your stance any stronger in actual fact it highlight it's weakness and your weakness to debate
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 11:03am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:
which fact? You're just making up all these trashes.

Nollywood is the trash.

As I chat with you, a movie directed by a South African has made over $400mil in international revenue... you're busy talking the Nollywood trash.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_(2014_film)

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 22, 2014
DieeDiee:

The Naija way: when backed in a corner, exposed or defeated or when the truth is biting you...just name call and insult
FYI: doesn't make your stance any stronger in actual fact it highlight it's weakness and your weakness to debate
I've not seen an iota of truth in what you've posted so far in this thread...
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:

You sound butt-hurt
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nollywood is the trash.

As I chat with you, a movie directed by a South African has made over $400mil in international revenue... you're busy talking the Nollywood trash.

you mean Jonathan Liebesman?
hahahaha very lame!
So he is the director-a white- and so what?

The movie itself is an american movie!
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Nollywood is the trash.

hahahaha very lame!

The movie itself is an american movie!.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 11:42am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:

hahahaha very lame!

The movie itself is an american movie!

He's a South African, born in (South) Africa, studied in a South African film institution... By saying he's white you're merely admitting to white supremesm.

Then me and you shouldn't be having this discussion, you're a inferior by your own admission.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2014
Nigeria I'm still waiting for you to;

- Name me any Nigerian who won or was nominated for an Oscar

- Name any Nigerian movie that has been nominated or won an Oscar

The individual should be of any creed or color as long as he or she was born in Nigeria.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Take a look: grin grin The cinema of Nigeria , often referred to as Nollywood , grew quickly in the 1990s and 2000s and became the second largest film industry in the world in number of annual film productions, placing it ahead of the United States and behind only India. beat that! tongue[7][8] In 2013, it was rated as the third most valuable film industry in the world after generating a total revenue of NG₦1.72 trillion (US$10 billion) in 2013 alone, placing it behind India and the United States. phew! shocked shocked [9] The Nigerian film industry is worth NG₦853.9 billion (US$5.1 billion) as at 2014*faints* shocked shocked shocked and produces hundreds of home videos and films per annum.[10][11] Nigerian cinema is Africa's largest movie industry in terms of value and the number of movies produced per year. cheesy cheesy Need I say more? smiley haters gona hate! smiley
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:
Nigeria I'm still waiting for you to;

- Name me any Nigerian who won or was nominated for an Oscar

- Name any Nigerian movie that has been nominated or won an Oscar

The individual should be of any creed or color as long as he or she was born in Nigeria.
we have our own awards. And that has been our main driving force. Like the Chinese we don't need to strive to be recognized by the Americans before we can feel that "we have arrived"
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 11:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Nobleval:
Take a look: grin grin The cinema of Nigeria , often referred to as Nollywood , grew quickly in the 1990s and 2000s and became the second largest film industry in the world in number of annual film productions, placing it ahead of the United States and behind only India. beat that! tongue[7][8] In 2013, it was rated as the third most valuable film industry in the world after generating a total revenue of NG₦1.72 trillion (US$10 billion) in 2013 alone, placing it behind India and the United States. phew! shocked shocked [9] The Nigerian film industry is worth NG₦853.9 billion (US$5.1 billion) as at 2014*faints* shocked shocked shocked and produces hundreds of home videos and films per annum.[10][11] Nigerian cinema is Africa's largest movie industry in terms of value and the number of movies produced per year. cheesy cheesy Need I say more? smiley haters gona hate! smiley

Where is an Oscar for all your hard work?

It's like writing hundreds of tests per year and still get no pass....I'm laughing so hard

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

He's a South African, born in (South) Africa, studied in a South African film institution... By saying he's white you're merely admitting to white supremesm.

Then me and you shouldn't be having this discussion, you're a inferior by your own admission.
grin undecidedI give up.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Where is an Oscar for all your hard work?

It's like writing hundreds of tests per year and still get no pass....I'm laughing so hard
getting no pass from who? undecided you see why South Africans are clueless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Damien Tarel Gets 4 Months In Jail For Slapping French President, Macron / Seif Al-Islam, Gadaffi’s Son Joins Libyan Presidential Race / Afghan Journalists Brutally Beaten By The Taliban ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.