Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (67332 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / Does Travelling Within Nigeria By Air Require Any Document / Describe Your First Trip By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by delors(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
If you have traveled by all those Ekene Deli Chukwu buses, then you should have no problem. When you board d plane, you ll see what others are doing n what not...follow their lead.
Btw, dem no dey call bus stop for plane o so no go dey disturb air hostess say whether dem don pass your bus stop o

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
I had my very first flight on my way to Abuja from Lagos in september courtesy of a nairalander. cool
I was really scared and I kept asking everyone around me how the experience was. All I kept hearing was
"aaahh! You will vomit o!
Don't sit near the window.
Make sure you pray,
Buy enough chewing gum and tom tom
Bla bla bla!! "

My flight was slated for 1.30pm,Discovery Airline. I bought enough chewing gum to last me throughout the flight. I boarded the plane and I sat next to the window. Every other thing that happened next,I wasn't scared. I behaved like someone who was not a first timer. Coming back to Lagos,I boarded Aero Contractors. All the same,it was a nice journey.

cheesy cheesy

Dont ever come near Abuja again if you keep supporting Buhari. Abuja is for Jonathan

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by codeworks(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
My first time i travelled to lagos from Port Harcourt via aero flight, I didnt ask question. i even help one woman to check-in and pay for extra load.

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by ArcBishopmarie(m): 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Nwanne no different btw a first timer and a regular, it all depends on how u pattern urself. Ma first time was turkish air... Guy after our normal food i demand for whatever i want, I drank 4 bottles of red wine. Whener i am traveln i do take pics unless i am using ET airline.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by abdulwastecx(m): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
pliss how much is the cheapest ticket from ph to abuja ?
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by eleko1: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
sad undecidedU need deliverance of the head.May God reward U accordingly
Mrfils:
Pray ur last prayer
sad Odesion
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by sukkot: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
i will advise you to wear adult diapers because the take off and landing part has made many folks go to the bathroom on themselves
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
NEROSKY:

why d chewing gum pls

As much as I love to fly, I almost always get airplane headache. I wish I could author a thread about this. A lot of people experience this but not many report it. This is because it mostly disappears about an hour or so after landing.

It is partly due to the disparity in pressure between pressurized cabin and inside of your ears which helps you maintain balance. Also, changes in altitude aggravates the headache and unbalance.

So it is not uncommon to have blocked ears and/or migraine, pains on the forehead, as if your head is gonna tear. It can sometimes be unbearable. But I doubt it has killed anyone.

Chew gum or pretend to chew sth or use earplugs to reduce this effect. You can plug your ears with earpiece too, but you can be sure the cabin crew will frown at this.

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Pavore9: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
@ArcBishopmarie you remind me of some igbo traders l flew with on Ethiopian airways, we were in the economy class but they were jokingly disturbing the air hostesses to go and bring wine for them from the business class!

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Oko balu yin o ni ja bo o.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by MoyoGENERAL: 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
contactmorak:
Please don't laugh at me, it's not like I can't afford it but I've just not been inside a plane before. I usually travel to other states in Nigeria by road. So this person has texted me tictet Ref Number for Arik Air to Abuja tomorrow, but I don't know what next to do. The time texted to me is 7:30am.
Pls if you have travelled by air, domestic flight before pls advise me. Didn't want to ask the person, so he doesn't feel embarrased. Pls this is urgent! When I get to the airport in the morning what shud I do? God bless.

just be ready!!!!
your EAR go pain you die!!!!( going up and landing)...
just CODE am, nor show am for face or you behave zozo like me (wey go ask the guy next to me if ear dey pain m toooo)...

anyway sha, enjoy the snacks and give yourself one snapshot( you know why? na first timer you be)
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by jpphilips(m): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
jump out of the window as soon as the pilot announces ''cruizing @ altitude, 30,000ft'', it feels org@smic, i did it in my previous life.
Sounds like runs beb or guy things

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Godenly: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
please I need info on how to travel from lagos to lithuanian I'm going to visit a friend

what are the requirement and how much will it cost me thanks
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by denitro(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Don't sit near the window..
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Mrfils(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
eleko1:
sad undecidedU need deliverance of the head.May God reward U accordingly sad Odesion
Ah ahn! undecided jst an advice now, I dnt mean you any harm
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
contactmorak:
Lol, pls be serious
did you see me smiling?
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by eleko1: 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
Wic kain advice bi dat?U berra modify dat post Kia,it is a CURSE/BAD OMEN(it is as good as saying he'll not arrive'GOd forbid bad thing') sad :[ embarassed
Mrfils:
Ah ahn! undecided jst an advice now, I dnt mean you any harm
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Donfolu: 2:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Check this out!
How to Get Free 2GB From Etisalat Every Month by Changing Your IMEI Number (Stepwise Approach)
Our admins will generate free imei for you.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by lekopolly(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
[sup][/sup] kiss kiss undecided embarassed tongue cool cool shocked sad angry grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
tolugar:
Don't just eat anything till after the flight.

Don't look around "much"

There snacks sucks

Do things slowly as in putting the belt, etc etc so that ppl will nt know
U as fresher

And pls don't snap pics.

Importantly ask any qus before u do anything.
So as nt to get the plane crashing on air.
hahahaha, my first flight! chai, well i acted normal, it was from enugu to lagos, the bet naim be wan disgrace me oo, chai, didn't know how to remove it when the flight landed, i struggled with it a few times before i had to ask this tall lady sitting beside me to help me out, i sure say na that time the babe know say now my first flight, sat close to the window and was scared of looking through the window, chai who tell me make i choose seat wey near window, i ate their crappy snacks nervously, i was saying in my mind oga pilot you are flying too high ooo, can't you just fly on lower altitude, plus any time the plane enter gallope (hahahahaha, and yes the clouds get gallops) i was so scared, naim i say abeg i prefer road travel jor, this thing is too high up in the sky, but the beauty is 50 mins to Lagos, coming back to ebonyi via road was 10 hours, can you beat that, but guess what i go fly again this December and yea that would be my second flight, i don book am already. i SNAP OOO, i use my front camera, con silence the sound, before the next person to me occupy her seat make she no know say i be novice grin grin grin

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
aero contractors 10k, book online
abdulwastecx:
pliss how much is the cheapest ticket from ph to abuja ?
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
you are a clown grin grin grin
sukkot:
i will advise you to wear adult diapers because the take off and landing part has made many folks go to the bathroom on themselves

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
contactmorak:
Please don't laugh at me, it's not like I can't afford it but I've just not been inside a plane before. I usually travel to other states in Nigeria by road. So this person has texted me tictet Ref Number for Arik Air to Abuja tomorrow, but I don't know what next to do. The time texted to me is 7:30am.
Pls if you have travelled by air, domestic flight before pls advise me. Didn't want to ask the person, so he doesn't feel embarrased. Pls this is urgent! When I get to the airport in the morning what shud I do? God bless.

O boy chill, you are not the only jjc in town and there is nothing to worry about.
I have flown several times but was always in the company of my husband who naturally handles everything from ticket buying to boarding while I look the other way and watch people.
So you can imagine my dilemma when I had to travel on my own, yes I committed all the blunder you were so afraid of cos I really don't know the procedure from ticket to boarding.
I didn't even I know or I had forgotten I was suppose to collect boarding pass sef,
Thank God for the girl I got acquainted with who wasn't even on the same flight with me but was heading to departure lounge too.
After we arrived at our destination I couldn't even unbuckle the belt I have unbuckled several times in the past, got assisted by the guy next to me who obviously saw my distress. Lol.
Abeg, don't be afraid to ask question jare.
There is always a first time for everything.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Adultnextdoor(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
contactmorak:
....disturb the pilot.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by LaconicINC: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
olukenzo:

Ah. You're right. The wings, flaps and the ailerons. If you sit close enough to the windows or on the wings, you'd actually see and hear these parts move as the plane tries to gain altitude or descend or turn etc. And when the brakes are applied, the flaps extend, move up vertically so as act as "spoilers".

They have this prominent moving mechanical part sound, Mostly heard when the plane is increasing altitude... There is also the rudder for horizontal control. Cool stuff.
sat close to the wings it was as if they were gonna fall off,they were shaking, i could not keep my gaze on them, scarry
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Godenly: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Godenly:
please I need info on how to travel from lagos to lithuanian I'm going to visit a friend

what are the requirement and how much will it cost me thanks

please someone should help me on this I've never traveled out before this would be my first

please help
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by 100Cents: 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
7:30am flight and you are still at home by 6am bathing..

You should have woken 4am, and be at the airport by 6am.

That's the format. Be at the airport 2 hours before your flight departure time..
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Mrfils(m): 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
eleko1:
Wic kain advice bi dat?U berra modify dat post Kia,it is a CURSE/BAD OMEN(it is as good as saying he'll not arrive'GOd forbid bad thing') sad :[ embarassed
Ok, bt that's what I do. Jst in case u knw
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by GoodcasHMan: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
Anyway it is nothing different from the way we board our land buses the only thing is
that air travel is much organized, get to counter and present your air papers but be
time conscious and you will meet people that are going to board the plane with you
Then be observing especially when you are on board and see what people are doing
and don't over do anything, look round and pick on someone as your role model and do
as he/she does
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by IYANGBALI: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
berem:
As I tell you true,you no like am? tongue
in PEJ's voice I likes it grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appeal Or Reapply For France Schengen Visa / See this Hilarious "Road Bump" Spotted In Nigeria (pics) / Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today