Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? (10208 Views)

Be Careful How U Receive Money / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by tartar9(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
no reasonable answer yet :-( ,me too need to open my own church oo #tartar9 and sons holy spirit wonder enterprise.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Bond008(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
if you give your life to JESUS, you can recieve the gift of the Holyspirit immediately if you ask the Father. The gift of the Holyspirit is only For the born again children of God and not for the unsaved. but salvation is for all, no exception. Jesus loves you.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by piagetskinner(m): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
There is no definite timing of when the holy spirit would come upon a person...but before that,such individual must have given his life to christ to make his/heart ready for the indwelling of the spirit...because the holy spirit cannot dwell in a heart that has been soiled with sin...#using jesus as a perfect example, he had to be baptised before the spirit came upon him like a dove to bear witness that he is the son of GOD.
The holyspirit doesn't necessarily have to come upon u in the church or @ a crusade ground...he comes upon u when ur heart is ready.the book of acts records many instances of when the holyspirit came upon the apostles
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by holatin(m): 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
you can receive it anytime anyway even if you drink, steal, fornicate but it will eventually change you.
GOD CAN USE ANYBODY FOR HIS WORK
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Adwexky(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
datguru:
STEPS TO RECIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT

1. Salvation: At this stage, a sinner is convicted of his sins and ungodly life by the power of the holy spirit, then he or she repent of his sin and comes to Christ.

2. Sanctification: After salvation, there is still a tendency to sin, because the desire is still there. That is why you find out that some people will be touched by a particular sermon and you see them crying and running to the altar but immediately after that, step on their shoes and the next thing that comes out of their mouth is "id*iot". The person inwardly will be sober and be like " why did I say this ? , oh God forgive me". The reason for this is because the root of sin is still in that person because at salvation, God forgave him of the sins he committed but the sin of adam was still in him, its is called the adam nic nature, the inbred sin. The person needs to pray very well to be sanctified, it is at this stage after the person is sanctified that he will be able to live a holy life, if you knew the person before, without been told you will see that something has happened to him and the seed of God is now in him, that is why the bible said that he that is born of God can not sin because the seed of God is in him. Hallelujah! This experience of sanctification prepares one to receive the holy spirit, it is after you are sanctified that you can be filled with the spirit of God.

3. Holy spirit baptism: Being sanctified is not a guaranty that the Holy spirit is coming, you have to make an extra move by praying for it, you desire it like food and pray earnestly for it, when at last you are filled, signs will follow. You will speak in a new tongue, you see yourself praying longer than you do, you get committed in the things of God. Occasionally you hear God speak to you, there are many gifts that comes to a person after he is filled with the spirit, the gift of healing, vision, teaching and lots more. The spirit of God in the heart of man is something more than gold, its something un merited
He said it all!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by zikclassiq(m): 2:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
You recieve the Gift of the Holy Spirit only after you might have GENUINELY repented and CORRECTLY baptised in the NAME of Jesus Christ for the REMISSION of your sins. Acts 2:38
Faith is A gift of THE Gift, the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by dein77(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
From most of the comments so far, I believe many of us are yet to understand the difference between the gift of the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost baptism.

Once a sinner repents, a measure of the Holy Spirit is immediately imparted to them; for He's the seal of their salvation. No one becomes born again without the Holy Spirit's conviction.

I believe I don't need to explain what the Holy Ghost baptism is!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
datguru:

1. Salvation: At this stage, a sinner is convicted of his sins and ungodly life by the power of the holy spirit, then he or she repent of his sin and comes to Christ.

2. Sanctification: After salvation, there is still a tendency to sin, because the desire is still there. That is why you find out that some people will be touched by a particular sermon and you see them crying and running to the altar but immediately after that, step on their shoes and the next thing that comes out of their mouth is "id*iot". The person inwardly will be sober and be like " why did I say this ? , oh God forgive me". The reason for this is because the root of sin is still in that person because at salvation, God forgave him of the sins he committed but the sin of adam was still in him, its is called the adam nic nature, the inbred sin. The person needs to pray very well to be sanctified, it is at this stage after the person is sanctified that he will be able to live a holy life, if you knew the person before, without been told you will see that something has happened to him and the seed of God is now in him, that is why the bible said that he that is born of God can not sin because the seed of God is in him. Hallelujah! This experience of sanctification prepares one to receive the holy spirit, it is after you are sanctified that you can be filled with the spirit of God.

3. Holy spirit baptism: Being sanctified is not a guaranty that the Holy spirit is coming, you have to make an extra move by praying for it, you desire it like food and pray earnestly for it, when at last you are filled, signs will follow. You will speak in a new tongue, you see yourself praying longer than you do, you get committed in the things of God. Occasionally you hear God speak to you, there are many gifts that comes to a person after he is filled with the spirit, the gift of healing, vision, teaching and lots more. The spirit of God in the heart of man is something more than gold, its something un merited
its been long I actually quoted any body on naira land.buy,I had to do this now because you just spoke the truth..kudos sir
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by KLand(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
You have to be born again to receive the Holy Spirit. Once you are saved the Holy Spirit is yours only for the asking. Ask, believe, receive.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by akandea(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gift of the Holy Spirit comes after water baptism which is the obedience to the saving faith that Jesus is the Lord. It goes with the remission of our sins and the new awareness to spiritual things ( knowing the will of God and understanding the words of God). The Gift of the Holy spirit is not the belief some people have that when you receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit, you lose control of yourself by either shaking or saying gibberish like we see when demons take over someone. The promise of the HS is to teach us all Truth about God
Speaking in tongues is speaking another person language fluently without having the fore knowledge of such language, you can just speak and understand the language without learning it. This was so in the first century so that the few christians then could communicate the gospel to strangers and foreigners.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by haffaze777(m): 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
I receive my after screwing olosho to badgringringrin
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by haffaze777(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
starlingleanets:
It's been a long time off Nairaland but i guess its good to be back-transient though. Without much perambulating and gestromastroculating this thread is created to clear ageing confusion about the Topic as we comment comes in. smiley smiley

stop lying holy spirit is for strong men like me wey get holy sperm not for kid like u wey never do DAT thing before
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Jsmile(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
blink182:
The Holy Spirit is not a bundle package that comes with inclusion into the body of Christ. He is an entity on his own and different from the other members of the Godhead in that He is emotional just like we are. You can accept or reject Him and He reacts just the way a human does. This is the reason we are warned not to grieve the Spirit because He can get emotional.

To your question, the Holy Spirit will only come to you when you genuinely ask for Him. If your mind is full of clutter you won't hear Him. He is always with us but will never start a relationship with us until we ask for it.

Conclusively, He's with you from the day you become a Christian but will not manifest directly to you until you ask for that relationship. It is the best relationship anyone can have.

Am glad there are people like you who still have such insight and understanding, God bless you........You cant have what you don't desire
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jsmile:

Am glad there are people like you who still have such insight and understanding, God bless you........You cant have what you don't desire
Thank you.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jsmile:

I totally agree with you

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Toluk1(f): 6:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ephesians chapter 1:
NIV:And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
NIV:who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by NobleG1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
ifeness:

That was a mild insult,the fool deserves more,and how could the rubbish topic of brainwash be on the front page.... It's shocking to see how Nigerians reason!

The owner of this website is very biased. He doesn't bring any topic that critizises religion to the frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by JayEye(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
Peter replied, Repent and be baptized every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off --for all whom the Lord our God will call.
Acts 2:38-39

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by jamesjohn2010: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
to speak in tongues does not mean you have holy spirit. the force that bring righteousness is the holy spirit. it is the seal. the evidence that you have it when you have the fruits viz: love, joy, long suffering, patience........
you need water baptism in the name of Jesus( not in the name of three persons god the father,
the son and the holy spirit; the name of God is Jesus, the name of the son is Jesus, the name of the father is Jesus) there is no other name by which man can be saved. no man cometh to the father except by Jesus
Next. you desire earnestly for the Holy ghost without which you can never be righteous. no holy ghost is as good as being hell-fire ready #end time message
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Hiswordxray(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2014
datguru:

Didn't you read my post above. You don't need any sanctification out that which Christ have given you through is death (Heb 10:11-14).
This is the reason why many deeper lifer haven't receive the Holy Spirit. Once you are born again you can receive the Holy Spirit.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Goddamilola(f): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2014
As far as I know, d gift of God comes at God's will and at times, after asking. There r ppl who r not born again wt d gift. The gift of God is without repentance u know. However, the fruit of the Spirit helps to sustain the gift. Shalom!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by etimwillz: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
U get d gift of d holy spirit at d point of baptism.there is nothing like holy ghost baptism 2day as far as christianity is concerned eph 4:5-6.the holy spirit helps us to understand d word of God and not 2 speak in tongues.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2014
datguru:

From 1:At salvation, Christ come into you. And the Lord is the Spirit, So how is it then when Christ(Spirit) comes into you you will still be waiting for Holy Spirit(Christ)?
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 18, 2014
paulshakur:
The gifts of the Holy Spirit comes after faith I guess
Sir, we are talking of the Gift of the Spirit and not Gifts of the Spirit
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 18, 2014
Goddamilola:
As far as I know, d gift of God comes at God's will and at times, after asking. There r ppl who r not born again wt d gift. The gift of God is without repentance u know. However, the fruit of the Spirit helps to sustain the gift. Shalom!
Any Scriptural backup?
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Didn't you read my post above. You don't need any sanctification out that which Christ have given you through is death (Heb 10:11-14).
This is the reason why many deeper lifer haven't receive the Holy Spirit. Once you are born again you can receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is a Gift on his own,this they know not
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2014
jamesjohn2010:
to speak in tongues does not mean you have holy spirit. the force that bring righteousness is the holy spirit. it is the seal. the evidence that you have it when you have the fruits viz: love, joy, long suffering, patience........
you need water baptism in the name of Jesus( not in the name of three persons god the father,
the son and the holy spirit; the name of God is Jesus, the name of the son is Jesus, the name of the father is Jesus) there is no other name by which man can be saved. no man cometh to the father except by Jesus
Next. you desire earnestly for the Holy ghost without which you can never be righteous. no holy ghost is as good as being hell-fire ready #end time message
We are talking of Gift and not GIfts
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 18, 2014
Bond008:
if you give your life to JESUS, you can recieve the gift of the Holyspirit immediately if you ask the Father. The gift of the Holyspirit is only For the born again children of God and not for the unsaved. but salvation is for all, no exception. Jesus loves you.
You are right, one receive the Holy Spirit as a Gift the moment you believe and confess Jesus is Lord, and then the Gifts follow.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by AceOfDiamonds(m): 10:06am On Nov 18, 2014
One receives the Holy Spirit the moment he/she is saved.
Ephesians 1:13 and 2 Corinthians 1:22 shed a bit of light on this.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by jayjewel(f): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
the disciples wia able 2 cast out demons nd perform wonders in d name of jesus because jesus was still wit dem bt afta his death dey wia nt bold 2 cum out nd preach d gospel nt 2 talk of healing d sick bt afta reaceiving d holy spirit dey wia filled,nd wia bold 2 preach d gospel,perform miracles nd cast out demons many ppl wia saved dat very day....d holy spirit moved in dem nd ppl wia astonished dnt quote m rng i dnt mean afta receivin d holy spirit dey didn't use jesus name 2 cast out demons bt wot m pointin out z dey wia able 2 cast out demons cos d comforter wz still wit dem....let us knw d holy spirit is SOMEONE ND NOT SOMETHING he can b grieved,he can b insulted he hz emotion....d world resist d holy spirit bt believers can actually quench him..act 7:5...d tin z dat holy spirit will touch ur heart nd will make u cum 2 christ den afta acceptin christ as ur lord nd saviour den he dwells in us nd teaches us d tins of d lord..john 14:17...he can also b blasphemed...blasphemin z a willful act nd nt an accidental mistake 1 timothy 1:13....mary also experienced d power of d holy spirit...she was blessed luke 1:35...so holy spirit dwells in blivers...he help us pray...the holy spirit z a person bt dat doesn't mean he has a body lyk u.yet he z nt witout form nd in one sense,we become his body wen he lives within us....romans 8:14-16, 1john 4:4...this shows he dwells witin us!he bears witness wit our spirit...the gifts of d holy spirit r meaningless witout d fruit of the holy spirit..gal 5:22-23..don't ever insult d holy sprit by thinking ur gift is unimportant,or ur role z unnecessary.he has given u exactly d gift he wants u 2 have..1 cor.12:11...u will receive his gift wen he z in u...benny hinn said dis wen he made mention of signs u see wen ur av d holy spirit (one of d first signs dat God's spirit z at work in ur lyf z dat you will av a great luv 4 ppl-whether dey b christians or non-believers romans 15:30)dat z totally right nd i tink u can av dat gift witout d holy spirit cos we av some wu could sing nd ppl will b moved bt d tin z wen he z in u dat gift will b controled inorder 4 us nt 2 misuse or abuse it nd wen he z nt part, d gift begins 2 wear away....dats y some ppl still sing nd u see odas dancin nd shoutin bt nt touched by d spirit d gift z dia bt d spirit didn't work in d ltf of dose listening..... receive him nd bliv he dwells in u he is a GREAT COMFORTER,TEACHER,ND FRIEND....he z so wonderful 2 b wit
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
jayjewel:
the disciples wia able 2 cast out demons nd perform wonders in d name of jesus because jesus was still wit dem bt afta his death dey wia nt bold 2 cum out nd preach d gospel nt 2 talk of healing d sick bt afta reaceiving d holy spirit dey wia filled,nd wia bold 2 preach d gospel,perform miracles nd cast out demons many ppl wia saved dat very day....d holy spirit moved in dem nd ppl wia astonished dnt quote m rng i dnt mean afta receivin d holy spirit dey didn't use jesus name 2 cast out demons bt wot m pointin out z dey wia able 2 cast out demons cos d comforter wz still wit dem....let us knw d holy spirit is SOMEONE ND NOT SOMETHING he can b grieved,he can b insulted he hz emotion....d world resist d holy spirit bt believers can actually quench him..act 7:5...d tin z dat holy spirit will touch ur heart nd will make u cum 2 christ den afta acceptin christ as ur lord nd saviour den he dwells in us nd teaches us d tins of d lord..john 14:17...he can also b blasphemed...blasphemin z a willful act nd nt an accidental mistake 1 timothy 1:13....mary also experienced d power of d holy spirit...she was blessed luke 1:35...so holy spirit dwells in blivers...he help us pray...the holy spirit z a person bt dat doesn't mean he has a body lyk u.yet he z nt witout form nd in one sense,we become his body wen he lives within us....romans 8:14-16, 1john 4:4...this shows he dwells witin us!he bears witness wit our spirit...the gifts of d holy spirit r meaningless witout d fruit of the holy spirit..gal 5:22-23..don't ever insult d holy sprit by thinking ur gift is unimportant,or ur role z unnecessary.he has given u exactly d gift he wants u 2 have..1 cor.12:11...u will receive his gift wen he z in u...benny hinn said dis wen he made mention of signs u see wen ur av d holy spirit (one of d first signs dat God's spirit z at work in ur lyf z dat you will av a great luv 4 ppl-whether dey b christians or non-believers romans 15:30)dat z totally right nd i tink u can av dat gift witout d holy spirit cos we av some wu could sing nd ppl will b moved bt d tin z wen he z in u dat gift will b controled inorder 4 us nt 2 misuse or abuse it nd wen he z nt part, d gift begins 2 wear away....dats y some ppl still sing nd u see odas dancin nd shoutin bt nt touched by d spirit d gift z dia bt d spirit didn't work in d ltf of dose listening..... receive him nd bliv he dwells in u he is a GREAT COMFORTER,TEACHER,ND FRIEND....he z so wonderful 2 b wit
The Holy Spirit is a gift.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.