Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Of Anger And Shame In Africa - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Of Anger And Shame In Africa (23768 Views)

Where Is Shame In Our Youths Of Nowadays (photo) / How Do You Manage Anger? / Policemen In Show Of Shame In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by prettyboi1(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can see your problem. You think that most white people will pass judgments about you based on your skin color.
Let me assure you, as someone who lives in the West, that they won't. They will judge you according to your behavior / the way you carry yourself.

The mainstream is that it is a sign of lack of education, stu*pidity and probably a sign of mental health issues to be racist and to judge people based on their skin color. This is something you have yet to learn.

Is it not ironic that you accuse white people of being ra*cists when you are a ra*cist yourself?
lol...I wish you luck sister. I pray you don't get "accidentally" shot by some kkk-affiliated cop. Keep deluding yourself that your masters judge you by your behaviour. By the way, I'm not racist, I don't hate people just because they're white (I've got cool white friends too). I hate the system of "white supremacy" that they have created and I love my people well enough to challenge us to wake up from being oppressed mental slaves. I therefore ask you to wake up too sister.

Cheers and good luck.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

The Europeans wealth is built on our mineral resources, our cheap labour and the mass murder of our people, so every time you post pics singing praises of the ill gotten wealth of Europe and the poverty of Africa just remember how this wealth was built, remember that many people who look like you and I had to die in order for this wealth to be built. Remember that genocide, wholesale rap.e, torture, amputations and other atrocities were committed against Africans en masse who resisted European enslavement in order for Europe to build the schools, hospitals, residential areas, roads and other infrastructure that you worship today.

grin grin grin

Yeah, and while Europeans were making use of these resources, your forefathers were worshipping babalawos in the bush.

Don't blame others that your forefathers were useless and didn't know what to do with what mother nature gave them.

Stop playing the victim card, it won't help you make any progress.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
prettyboi1:

lol...I wish you luck sister. I pray you don't get "accidentally" shot by some kkk-affiliated cop. Keep deluding yourself that your masters judge you by your behaviour. By the way, I'm not racist, I don't hate people just because they're white (I've got cool white friends too). I hate the system of "white supremacy" that they have created and I love my people well enough to challenge us to wake up from being oppressed mental slaves. I therefore ask you to wake up too sister.

Cheers and good luck.

It is called survival of the fittest. wink

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by prettyboi1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
AjanleKoko:

You have a point there.
Yes you're right: Africans could eat, sleep, lived in organized communities, even had some degree of religious sophistication and governance.
But the koko is simple: we were simply not organized enough to prevent external invasion. And hence slavery and colonization happened.

What really bothers me is not the past, we can't do much about that, but the future. The same Africa has squandered lives, money, and opportunities. We can pretend like it is someone else's fault, but you would be either naive or deliberately ignorant to not see what is happening before our eyes today.

I've visited India a few times. India pretty much looks like shyte, closely looks like Nigeria or even worse in some cases. But beneath the surface, the evidence is very stark: India is working, despite any problems they have with tribe, religion, or the elements.
I live here in Nigeria, have pretty much done so all my life, but the more I travel and interact with the rest of the world (mind you, not just the West), the more amazed I am about how much of the fundamentals my people are oblivious of. Almost like we have our head in the sands down here. And that's why the Oyinbo in the OP makes sense. When externals come here, we are usually unprepared, confused, or just god-awful naive. We have no position, no objective, and no goals. Our thinking is at the very bottom of the food chain.

There is no amount of pan-Africanist preaching that can change anything; what people need down here is empowerment. If people who know better can show others right, mindsets will change, self-belief will emerge. People will start to question the order of things.
We need people in Africa who can and will do things. Not talkers; we have a whole generation of them on our hands. They have been talking for decades and nothing has changed.

Without being biased, you have spoken well in this post. The picture behind this post is what most of us have also painted....only from different angles. Posts like this are helping to enlighten some people but some people eg Sagamite and CareFreeWannabe (as much as they have the rights to think however they wish) are so bent on not hearing a thing. They probably think that change happens overnight and if you can't make change happen overnight then you're dumb. You rightly pointed out that we lacked and still lack organization as a unit and I agree with you. That's why I had said in my previous posts that WE NEED TO KNOW WHO/WHAT THE ENEMIES ARE FIRST before we can embark on our journey. If we don't know who or what are enemies are, that's us still being disorganized and when the enemies come again, we would still lose whatever progress that we already made.
Yes, we have several failures thus far, majorly cos we were so naive in the past but that should not hinder us. Let's pick lessons from the past that would guide us from making same mistakes of being disorganized,too trusting of other people,selfish interests to the detriment of our people etc and let's always put the image of our people first in everything we do. No one cares about you if you don't care about yourself. It's just a fact and we can start here by helping Sagamite and CareFreeWannabe learn this.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by gatiano(m): 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
xaxaxaxa yes i am, one white boy went to an igbo boy, the white boy and this my friend were both about to be doctors, the white said he heard that african people don't have houses and all sort of nonsense that trips a whiteman's ego, while me and other africans around, even indians and bangladeshis were about to go mad, this igbo man handled it best. he told the white boy everything he loves to hear, that we still live on trees, no roads, we have never seen light before, we walk naked, infact that a week before while at home, he was walking naked with his keen etc, anyways, before we knew what was happening, a few white boys and girls like minded like this whiteboy was listening. until a professor at the university came, and ask if the white people around enjoyed the tales, stupid ones out of the white listeners said it was magnificent. the professor told them they ought not be in a university, it was a big shame on them to ever believe such a thing, they were really embarassed, it felt really nice. within a 5 mile radius of that university, nobody would look down on any black person.

i love my blackness and black people to the core. everybody has a peak, we got to the peak, we messed up and we fell. it took 50,000 years from that falling till we get to where we are today. all other empires fell within 10 to 100 years instantly. nothing can be compared or better than the blackman, nothing.
igbo2011:

You are being sarcastic right? You kind of sound like the people on this thread. The article give facts and people still deny:

https://www.nairaland.com/1983024/100-african-cities-destroyed-europeans

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by prettyboi1(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
igbo2011:

You are being sarcastic right? You kind of sound like the people on this thread. The article give facts and people still deny:

https://www.nairaland.com/1983024/100-african-cities-destroyed-europeans

@Igbo2011..he was being sarcastic. He was just asking someone else a sarcastic rhetorical question.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
prettyboi1:

Without being biased, you have spoken well in this post. The picture behind this post is what most of us have also painted....only from different angles. Posts like this are helping to enlighten some people but some people eg Sagamite and CareFreeWannabe (as much as they have the rights to think however they wish) are so bent on not hearing a thing. They probably think that change happens overnight and if you can't make change happen overnight then you're dumb. You rightly pointed out that we lacked and still lack organization as a unit and I agree with you. That's why I had said in my previous posts that WE NEED TO KNOW WHO/WHAT THE ENEMIES ARE FIRST before we can embark on our journey. If we don't know who or what are enemies are, that's us still being disorganized and when the enemies come again, we would still lose whatever progress that we already made.
Yes, we have several failures thus far, majorly cos we were so naive in the past but that should not hinder us. Let's pick lessons from the past that would guide us from making same mistakes of being disorganized,too trusting of other people,selfish interests to the detriment of our people etc and let's always put the image of our people first in everything we do. No one cares about you if you don't care about yourself. It's just a fact and we can start here by helping Sagamite and CareFreeWannabe learn this.

YOU NEED TO LEARN THAT YOUR BIGGEST ENEMIES ARE YOUR LEADERS, YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

The sooner you learn it, the better.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

Yeah, and while Europeans were making use of these resources, your forefathers were worshipping babalawos in the bush.

Don't blame others that your forefathers were useless and didn't know what to do with what mother nature gave them.

you are obviously very ignorant and have zero knowledge of your own history, Africans had an advanced civilisation at the time that Europe began to invade different parts of the continent, Timbucktu was an esteemed seat of learning well before the transatlantic slave trade began, the empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai had already established advanced trading posts and were well developed so what the fck are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

you are obviously very ignorant and have zero knowledge of your own history, Africans had an advanced civilisation at the time that Europe began to invade different parts of the continent, Timbucktu was an esteemed seat of learning well before the transatlantic slave trade began, the empires of Ghana, Mali and Songhai had already established advanced trading posts and were well developed so what the fck are you talking about?

They were so advanced that the white evil did what he wanted with them. grin

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by prettyboi1(m): 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

YOU NEED TO LEARN THAT YOUR BIGGEST ENEMIES ARE YOUR LEADERS, YOUR OWN PEOPLE.

The sooner you learn it, the better.

Exactly! My people...people such as you and Sagamite that would never tire to snitch on the entity of your race. You guys are the ones who grow to be those leaders cos you have no faith in yourselves and your race/people and absolutely no vision either.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by prettyboi1(m): 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You're really very ignorant. Okay,let me use an example of your masters, maybe you would get a better understanding. The Roman empire was so strong and really advanced, where is it today?
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
@carefreewannabe
I am starting to wonder whether you are black; are you?

What cap28 said was absolute truth if you dont believe then do your own research; figure out whether it is mere coincidence that Europe's development happened during colonialism and shipment of free African labour to Europe and America
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Ignoramus do you think the invasion of the African continent happened on one day?

Invasion was a long drawn out affair with many African tribes fighting off the European invasion for years. the subsequent scramble for Africa was successful because the most powerful European nations worked together as a team to annex individual African tribes thereby making it virtually impossible for Africans to win against such a coalition of power. They also had the added advantage of gunpowder.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

Ignoramus do you think the invasion of the African continent happened on one day?

Invasion was a long drawn out affair with many African tribes fighting off the European invasion for years. the subsequent scramble for Africa was successful because the most powerful European nations worked together as a team to annex individual African tribes thereby making it virtually impossible for Africans to win against such a coalition of power. They also had the added advantage of gunpowder.

Let me tell you something.

Europeans have been fighting each other for decades. They have been attacking each other, killing each other and taking land from each other.
They have a bloody history which ended in two world wars.
They have overcome this stage and eventually made peace with the past. They cooperate now!

So stop whining and learn from those nations who were hit the hardest during WW I and WW II and MOVED ON to live in the now instead of playing the victim card.

You will see NO progress when you continue whining like you do.
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
GenBuhari:
@carefreewannabe
I am starting to wonder whether you are black; are you?

What cap28 said was absolute truth if you dont believe then do your own research; figure out whether it is mere coincidence that Europe's development happened during colonialism and shipment of free African labour to Europe and America

Have I said that Europe and America did not profit from slave trade?

Do I have to be white to decide NOT to join the bandwagon of those who like to play a victim?

I am tired of those racist threads.
I live in Germany and I can tell you that Germans are very critical of colonialism and teach their kids the injustice that was done to African countries in the past but not only to African countries, also to other European countries. This is not about racism anymore. MOVE ON! And understand that the biggest problem Nigeria has today are her leaders.

How long will you keep whining about colonialism?

Do you think only African nations suffered during this era?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
prettyboi1:

You're really very ignorant. Okay,let me use an example of your masters, maybe you would get a better understanding. The Roman empire was so strong and really advanced, where is it today?

And the Roman Empire did what? It invaded other European countries!

Are these nations still whining?

2 Likes

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Let me tell you something.

Europeans have been fighting each other for decades. They have been attacking each other, killing each other and taking land from each other.
They have a bloody history which ended in two world wars.
They have overcome this stage and eventually made peace with the past. They cooperate now!

So stop whining and learn from those nations who were hit the hardest during WW I and WW II and MOVED ON to live in the now instead of playing the victim card.

You will see NO progress when you continue whining like you do.

You are a bloody idio.t - they were not fighting amongst themselves for the fun of it , they were fighting for control over the world's territory and resources and Africa and its resources was the main area they were fighting over. Africa remains under the control of Europe that's why Africans speak European languages and are ashamed to speak their own languages, you have no clue, you're continent is still under occupation. what is USafricom doing in Africa, why does the US have drone bases all over the continent - you are so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

You are a bloody idio.t - they were not fighting amongst themselves for the fun of it , they were fighting for control over the world's territory and resources and Africa and its resources was the main area they were fighting over. Africa remains under the control of Europe that's why Africans speak European languages and are ashamed to speak their own languages, you have no clue, you're continent is still under occupation. what is USafricom doing in Africa, why does the US have drone bases all over the continent - you are so dumb.

Who said they were fighting each other for the fun of it? Can you read properly? Or has Patience Jonathan taught you how to read?

OF COURSE they were fighting each other to gain control, that goes without saying, BUT it does not change the fact that they are not blaming others for their shortcomings like you do. Instead of living in the Middle Ages, you should FINALLY move through the Age of Enlightenment and beyond it.

People like you are the reason why there is no progress.

Playing the victim is comfortable. Taking responsibility requires hard work.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
But you side-stepped the question: are you black?

We are under a another colonialism known as neo-colonialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl

carefreewannabe:

Do I have to be white to decide NOT to join the bandwagon of those who like to play a victim?

I live in Germany and I can tell you that Germans are very critical of colonialism and teach their kids the injustice that was done to African countries in the past but not only to African countries, also to other European countries. This is not about racism anymore. MOVE ON! And understand that the biggest problem Nigeria has today are her leaders.

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Who said they were fighting each other for the fun of it? Can you read properly? Or has Patience Jonathan taught you how to read?
OF COURSE they were fighting each other to gain control, that goes without saying, BUT it does not change the fact that they are not blaming others for their shortcomings like you do. Instead of living in the Middle Ages, you should FINALLY move through the Age of Enlightenment and beyond it.

what shortcomings are you referring to? the fact that we fought an unequal fight against a racist oppressor who had the advantage of gunpowder over us - pray tell, what do you suggest our ancestors should have done?
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

dumbass did you know the Germans perpetrated one of the worst genocides against black people in what is today known as Namibia - ever heard of the Herero massacre?

the germans exterminated thousands of these indigenous people who refused to relinquish their own land to german racists - I bet they don't teach that in their schools over there grin
while you are sucking whitey's anus try and get that into your thick skull

2 Likes

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by cap28: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

People like you make ashamed to be black.

You give whitey a pass for every atrocity he perpetrates and continues to perpetrate against us in our own continent.
Move through the age of enlightenment indeed! explain to me how you make progess when your entire continent is udner US occupation with drone bases and troops stationed in different parts of the continent.

explain how you make progress when well meaning African leaders who refuse to sign up to the starvation economic policies of the IMF end up with a bullet in their head, yuou are a porch monkey and a shameless coon, when the revolution in Africa begins there will be no hiding place for coons like you.

2 Likes

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

People like you make ashamed to be black.

You give whitey a pass for every atrocity he perpetrates and continues to perpetrate against us in our own continent.
Move through the age of enlightenment indeed! explain to me how you make progess when your entire continent is udner US occupation with drone bases and troops stationed in different parts of the continent.

explain how you make progress when well meaning African leaders who refuse to sign up to the starvation economic policies of the IMF end up with a bullet in their head, yuou are a porch monkey and a shameless coon, when the revolution in Africa begins there will be no hiding place for coons like you.

People like me?

Not people like them?

To people like you every white nation is guilty. It is always us versus them.
You will be the first to complain about racism but the last to stop spreading it.

Now which African well-meaning leader are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

dumbass did you know the Germans perpetrated one of the worst genocides against black people in what is today known as Namibia - ever heard of the Herero massacre?

the germans exterminated thousands of these indigenous people who refused to relinquish their own land to german racists - I bet they don't teach that in their schools over there grin
while you are sucking whitey's anus try and get that into your thick skull

Everybody knows what Germans did in the past. NOT ONLY IN AFRICA BUT ALSO IN EUROPE. Yet, only Africans are still whining.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
GenBuhari:
But you side-stepped the question: are you black?

We are under a another colonialism known as neo-colonialism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuCdOkf4NxQ&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK-WIR-BKAd0gBxB7YIUepyl

I am.

Define neo-colonialism and show me examples of neocolonialism at work today.

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

you are a crack headed im.becile.

igbo2011 and other intellectuals on this thread stop responding to this dunce he is too s.tupid to even begin to understand the root causes of black oppression.
this is why I no longer reply his posts.

Mentally-ill fuuktard, yeah we know intellectuals in your moronic world are the people with PhD in enemiconomics and anthropemies. grin grin grin grin grin

Louis Farrakhan is your Jesus Christ on Earth. grin grin grin grin

cap28:

The Europeans wealth is built on our mineral resources, our cheap labour and the mass murder of our people, so every time you post pics singing praises of the ill gotten wealth of Europe and the poverty of Africa just remember how this wealth was built, remember that many people who look like you and I had to die in order for this wealth to be built. Remember that genocide, wholesale rap.e, torture, amputations and other atrocities were committed against Africans en masse who resisted European enslavement in order for Europe to build the schools, hospitals, residential areas, roads and other infrastructure that you worship today.

Reetard, continue deceiving yourself that you are victims and you matter that much. grin grin grin grin

Awwww! Poor black people. They are so important to the white man to exploit. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
prettyboi1:

Cheers and good luck.

I would be more worried about being shot by the mentally-ill, illiterate black thugs my moronic government in places like Nigeria give guns and then call a Police force or Army, who then shoot people for not giving N200 bribes or beat citizens on the streets because they are wearing a uniform.

I see you really don't hate white people, but you just wouldn't see that yours is worse. But if a white person thinks like exactly as blindly as you, then you will scream "RACISM". Black Panther mental illness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA7SIbvEO64

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The next generation is now looking for miracles from private-jet flying pastors. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
prettyboi1:

Yeah, to the average black man, change takes centuries! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Afterall, Mountain Everest was not built in 100 years. grin grin grin grin grin

But China has turned around its fortunes in less than 20 years after realising their approach was a fck up. They did not sit there and blame the whole world and say it is all the fault of "NEOCAPITALISM". They looked at what are their strengths and weaknesses to become competitive.

2 Likes

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The next generation is now looking for miracles from private-jet flying pastors. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Yeah, to the average black man, change takes centuries! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Afterall, Mountain Everest was not built in 100 years. grin grin grin grin grin

But China has turned around its fortunes in less than 20 years after realising their approach was a fck up. They did not sit there and blame the whole world and say it is all the fault of "NEOCAPITALISM". They looked at what are their strengths and weaknesses to become competitive.

God bless you, your family and your beautiful girlfriend and your future super-smart, cute, well-behaved children. cheesy

I just love this comment. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Of Anger And Shame In Africa by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
cap28:

Delusions grandeur of a mentally-ill fuuktard.

Esteemed seat of learning my arsse.

Trading is such a huge accomplishment in the eyes of these psycho. Yes, Iya Alhaja that sells gold in my Ajegunle quarters is such a sign of civilisation. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? / What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.