Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos (27022 Views)

Governor Ambode Deports 1,000 Igbos As Jimi Agbaje Support IPOB / Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Lagos Decides As Jimi Agbaje, Deputy, & Bode George Lose Their Respective Wards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
ola6:
Notice all Agbaje's supporters and Jimi Agbaje himself are all depending on Koro's support to win. Jimi's popularity is only on the pages of newspaper not on ground. 2007 Fashola got about 900K votes, Koro 700k votes, Jimi 18 k votes. So please where is his popularity??

ROMFL![size=14pt] Even Jimi Agbaje is depending on Koro to back him. Don't let Bode George deceive una. Bode George cannot win in his own local government not to talk of Lagos![/size] Rubbish!

Again, ORO PESI JE!!! grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Agabje is a good man. I respect him for who he is however, he is not as popular as people make him to be.

Nonetheless, if he wins the PDP primaries he will have my support. Anything to remove the Burdillion thief, Tinubu Ole

6 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Kokorokoo: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
[size=18pt]Same way every other APC aspirant is depending on Fashola & co. to win.[/size]

ola6:
Notice all Agbaje's supporters and Jimi Agbaje himself are all depending on Koro's support to win. Jimi's popularity is only on the pages of newspaper not on ground. 2007 Fashola got about 900K votes, Koro 700k votes, Jimi 18 k votes. So please where is his popularity??

ROMFL![size=14pt] Even Jimi Agbaje is depending on Koro to back him. Don't let Bode George deceive una. Bode George cannot win in his own local government not to talk of Lagos![/size] Rubbish!
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by seanet02: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anything to replace Tinubu? Including replacing him with those capable of stealing the whole Lagos treasury in a day.
ola6:
Agabje is a good man. I respect him for who he is however, he is not as popular as people make him to be.

Nonetheless, if he wins the PDP primaries he will have my support. Anything to remove the Burdillion thief, Tinubu Ole

8 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
aljharem:
This is a man from Epe. LOL

The so called Ijebu people don't even know their own names.

Ambode an ijebu name ?

SMH

This is good investigative journalism.

If indeed Ambode is not Lagosian as stated by his own hand, then the Epe zone he claims to represent are in a better position to disown or accept him.

If indeed Ambode is a Lagosian but claimed to be Ondo just to gain admission (on a lower cut-off mark) as the hopelessly undisciplined youths of my time are wont to do, then I see a criminal that should never have merited the public offices he held.

We as a people should show we deserve a better society, a better leadership.

Please keep on digging.

5 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Kokorokoo:
Same way every other APC aspirant is depending on Fashola & co. to win.

Yes I agree. However, Agabje's supporters talk as if he is overwhelmingly popular and Bode George can give him the ticket. NO!!!

Politics is more than talk. How many of his supporters are in Nigeria; even those in Nigeria, do they have voter's card?

Can Agbaje stand Tinubu and his murderous tendencies? Any Lagos PDP aspirant should be ready to be hunted by Tinubu and his boys. Can Agbaje withstand it?? Funsho Williams could not, can Agbaje stand it?

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
seanet02:
Anything to replace Tinubu? Including replacing him with those capable of stealing the whole Lagos treasury in a day.

Yes, ANYTHING TO REPLACE TINUBU OLE!

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Alphaoscar: 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
[quote author=aljharem post=28054799]The idea of a Jimi Agbaje candidacy for Lagos governor is laughable. What does Agbaje know about public service? What is his pedigree other than running a pharmacy shop? Is that what Lagos needs in a Governor?

The last time he ran he came 3rd, proving that he needs a lot more work in terms of grassroots connection. What is his strategy this time? Bode George? Has Bode George ever delivered any PDP candidate in Lagos to victory? Bode George supported Ade Dosunmu the last time he ran and the result was woeful. Where is this Agbaje fixation coming from? Agbaje is no different from an Ambode who the APC will likely field? If APC fields Ambode and PDP fields Agbaje, APC will send PDP back to the classroom of political strategy! I live in Lagos and PDPO should open their eyes and think! Lagos gubernatorial is for men who have the balls and the pedigree to face the APC Tinubu machine.

Is there anything Agbaje is bringing to the table that Ambode does not have? No! Both of them have the toga of 'technocrats' but Ambode beats him on that score because he has been in Lagos State Government as Commissioner of Finance.

Ambode was never a commissioner in Lagos even he is the man for the job.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by holatin(m): 1:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
there will always be godfatherism even God gave Moses a godfather when he was sent to Egypt
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by orimsamsam(m): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
I dont think . Pdp can win in lagos state
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
ola6:
When Tinubu ole starts his murderous tendencies, will Agabje stand?! Will he not soft peddle? Even Funsho Williams that was killed by Tinubu could not stop Tinubu ole, how much more Agbaje? Once its closer to the elections, Tinubu will start killing Lagos PDP aspirants and Agbaje will soft peddle; Koro will NOT and this is KEY!!!

Agbaje is answerable to his god father Bode George, Ambode is answerable to his godfather Tinubu; Leke Pitan, GOS and Obanikoro are not answerable to any baba. No more godfatherism in Lagos state!

Even if you shout it for a hundred years over the roof tops, a lie would never become truth.

The Williams family and all discerning Lagosians know that Funso Williams was killed by elements in his own party. The same elements who were floored by his wife in the party primaries, only to convene another primary after much negotiations and handed the ticket on a platter.

PDP will start killing itself from within as always. Your principal would always remain a worthy suspect whenever such killings start.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by lightheart(m): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Biko what will happen if Agbaje is made the running mate for Koro?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ratiken(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
seanet02:

No human alive can be worse than Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by willycrown: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
I may not know anything about Lagos politics but I know one thing for certain, if PDP presents Obanikoro, APC could as well start planning the inauguration party because they have won before the election.

aljharem:
The idea of a Jimi Agbaje candidacy for Lagos governor is laughable. What does Agbaje know about public service? What is his pedigree other than running a pharmacy shop? Is that what Lagos needs in a Governor?

The last time he ran he came 3rd, proving that he needs a lot more work in terms of grassroots connection. What is his strategy this time? Bode George? Has Bode George ever delivered any PDP candidate in Lagos to victory? Bode George supported Ade Dosunmu the last time he ran and the result was woeful. Where is this Agbaje fixation coming from? Agbaje is no different from an Ambode who the APC will likely field? If APC fields Ambode and PDP fields Agbaje, APC will send PDP back to the classroom of political strategy! I live in Lagos and PDPO should open their eyes and think! Lagos gubernatorial is for men who have the balls and the pedigree to face the APC Tinubu machine. Agbaje is a baby in this regard.

Is there anything Agbaje is bringing to the table that Ambode does not have? No! Both of them have the toga of 'technocrats' but Ambode beats him on that score because he has been in Lagos State Government as Commissioner of Finance.

But look at an aspirant like Musiliu Obanikoro. He is many things rolled up in one! The mere mention of his name evokes fear in the minds of Lagos APC. The fact that Lagos APC has spent so much time destroying his image in the media tells you that is the man they fear. The fact also that Lagos APC seems more comfortable with Agbaje tells us clearly that is the man they are certain they can beat!
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ratiken(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
orimsamsam:
I dont think . Pdp can win in lagos state
Sorry to disappoint you, whoever holds the PDP flag is the next governor....whether Jimi or Koro.
Lagosians desperately want Tinubu's hold on Lagos nullified. ...people believe Tinubu owns every property in Ikoyi and VI. Lagosians believe Fashola would not have put toll gates on existing roads if not for the push by Tinubu.
Unfortunately the face of Lagos APC for the next election is Tinubu and not Fasola cos Ambode's emergence is public knowledge.

Tinubu's APC in lagos is in its last year. Hit the streets and verify for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Ybholy(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Glo 300GB Cheat For One Year is Out Now!

Glo Unlimited November Cheat is here again. Dont miss this one out if you are still in Nigeria.

● Think of browsing TDB (Till Day Break).

● Think of chatting with her till eternity .

● Think of sending her unlimited whatsapp messages all the year round.

● What else will you think of with it :- Streaming ? Uploading Youtube Videos ? Sending Images To her ? Posting on Your Website ?
Lols !

Get The Activation Code Now - http://.com/2014/11/16/glo-300gb-cheat-one-year-now-dont-miss/
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
ola6:

It is a lie that Jimi Agbaje got 18k votes.

Yes he came in 3rd in the polls but he garnered over 100k votes.
Agbaje it was who conceived the idea of a working Lagos. He came out early and campaigned vigorously, with very lofty ideas of how Lagos State should be run. That he is smart and articulate is not in contention.
However, the Ojuyobo of our time had seen into a wealthy future for himself and cronies. He had bigger plans to enrich himself and become the lion of bourdillon, so he conscripted an unknown chief of staff with sterling qualifications and prime position to inherit the office.

The primaries were a walkover for a politically unknown Fashola and the rest is history.

However I voted for Jimi Agbaje who had defected to DPA before the AC primaries that Fashola won. Most people that consider themselves as intellectual and enlightened voted for Agbaje but such population in Lagos is so minimal, and most would even be easier found ranting on social media or watching a TV soap opera than spending hours to queue and vote.
Hence, Agbaje was limited to just 100K+ votes because his supporters only talk the talk and not walk the walk.

I don't expect things to be different for Agbaje this time around. Why?

His supporters are still the same subset of Lagos population. The market women would not vote him. The NURTW would not vote him, the Lagos Civil Service would not vote him.

What position does he hold on the matters that have come up to public debate since his last candidacy 7yrs ago?

Oil subsidy removal.
LASU school fees.
Lagos doctor's strike.
Lekki toll gate.
Boko Haram.
Hijab ban in Lagos public schools.

Mum is the word I tell you.

Now back from the dead, Agbaje cannot just ascend to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
please spare a minute and visit www.trendsnaija.com
=======================================

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by chronique(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
I as a person would love a Jimi Agbaje(technocrat) candidacy but looking at the fact that Lagos is more of the streets/hood,it's obvious an Obanikoro candidacy would pull more weight. In my own final opinion,I think it's best we merge Musiliu Obanikoro and Jimi Agbaje together. That is one force that the APC cannot defeat,no matter how hard they try. In 2015,anything other than APC is welcome.

PDP should please give us a combo of Obanikoro/Agbaje(grassroot + technocrat) and we'd be sure of dislodging APC in Lagos.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Heis from Lagos. forget those photoshops

Guyfawkes is right, most lagos aspirants and even those in the house of rep are not lagosians...even Tinubu is fronm iragbiji in Osun state

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
ratiken:

Sorry to disappoint you, whoever holds the PDP flag is the next governor....whether Jimi or Koro.
Lagosians desperately want Tinubu's hold on Lagos nullified. ... people believe Tinubu owns every property in Ikoyi and VI . Lagosians believe Fashola would not have put toll gates on existing roads if not for the push by Tinubu.
Unfortunately the face of Lagos APC for the next election is Tinubu and not Fasola cos Ambode's emergence is public knowledge.

Tinubu's APC in lagos is in its last year. Hit the streets and verify for yourself.

I thought some other group of people already lay claim to that title. undecided
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by 9jauk: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
SirShymex:
Are you really from Lagos? grin

When I first registered you were from the same region where BH-houdini reign supreme now. Then you became Igbo from Anambra. This ya fascination with Lagos is a new one. grin

Anyway, is there anyone from Epe/Ibeju Lekki and Ikorodu among the aspirants?

PDP in lagos without BOG is an apology....Jimi Agbaje is a desperado he belongs to APC;Bode George should be ashamed of himself terrible elders and for Koro I wonder why he stepped down from Appointment,silly moves like this would cost PDP in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by EmmyDe25(m): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Ambode was a former commissioner of finance cool cool cool ?
Are you sure you are from Lagos state? grin grin grin grin
The thing con tire me o.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
aljharem:
This is a man from Epe. LOL

The so called Ijebu people don't even know their own names.

Ambode an ijebu name ?

SMH

Wow !! that JAMB form. It seems like no real indigenous Lagosian has ever governed Lagos. I was meant to understand that both Tinubu and Fashola are also migrants from the South West. so, if migrants from the SW can govern Lagos, why not migrants from the SE ?.
I don't subscribe to the view that a migrant from Osun or Ekiti has more claims to Lagos than an Igbo, Calabar or Hausa man born and bred in Lagos. I believe the national assembly is looking into the matter right now.

I will voting PDP anyway. no matter who they bring out for Lagos. We need freedom from Tinubu grip. Lagosians cannot breath freely anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by knoph2007: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
A God father lagos(APC) is better than a God fatherless Akwa Ibom(PDP) where a pension of 100million naira will be paid to a man @ the expense of the state welfare. May God save us all

6 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Shankboye(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
aljharem:

Yes o, If PDP want to lose again then they should present Jimi.

Majority of the supporters of Jimi don't have voters card thus are of no value
. Weather na Jimi or na koro... Na still defeat defeat defeat... Pdp no fit win for Lagos... When no be say we blind?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Wow !! that JAMB form. It seems like no real indigenous Lagosian has ever governed Lagos. I was meant to understand that both Tinubu and Fashola are also migrants from the South West. so, if migrants from the SW can govern Lagos, why not migrants from the SE ?.
I don't subscribe to the view that a migrant from Osun or Ekiti has more claims to Lagos than an Igbo, Calabar or Hausa man born and bred in Lagos. I believe the national assembly is looking into the matter right now.

I will voting PDP anyway. no matter who they bring out for Lagos. We need freedom from Tinubu grip. Lagosians cannot breath freely anymore.

Gbammm

Fashola ekiti

Tinubu osun

Ambode ondo

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
willycrown:
I may not know anything about Lagos politics but I know one thing for certain, if PDP presents Obanikoro, APC could as well start planning the inauguration party because they have won before the election.

Your opinion
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
StOla:

This is good investigative journalism.

If indeed Ambode is not Lagosian as stated by his own hand, then the Epe zone he claims to represent are in a better position to disown or accept him.

If indeed Ambode is a Lagosian but claimed to be Ondo just to gain admission (on a lower cut-off mark) as the hopelessly undisciplined youths of my time are wont to do, then I see a criminal that should never have merited the public offices he held.

We as a people should show we deserve a better society, a better leadership.

Please keep on digging.

No problem bro
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
OAUTemitayo:

Ambode was a former commissioner of finance cool cool cool ?
Are you sure you are from Lagos state? grin grin grin grin

No I am from irabiji in osun smiley
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Lmao , well no one is saying that u ibos shouldn't contest nw, atleast there was an ibo woman who came out from justice party during the last elections but we learnt she didn't have up to 100votes sef grin so go try ur luck bro.....or I hope u r not trying to look for backdoors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyo State Local Government Elections 2018 (Live Updates) / Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Sanwo-olu Will Be Beaten Black And Blue, PDP Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.