Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos (27050 Views)

Governor Ambode Deports 1,000 Igbos As Jimi Agbaje Support IPOB / Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Lagos Decides As Jimi Agbaje, Deputy, & Bode George Lose Their Respective Wards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
shizzleStar:
I didn't mean you but the guy i quoted before you quoted me who said koro will loot the state in one day...

Erm..like i said before we can all live in denial concerning tinubus drug run in US...i dont wish to engage in any back and forth now...not this hot afternoon, lets leave it at that

Stop name calling if you have no shred of evidence to support it.

I can say President Jonathan is Pro-corruption and thus bad for Nigeria.
One, he pardoned a successfully prosecuted thief (thief because he was convicted) that is still wanted in UK. That, to me, does not help our fight against corruption. Two, even when Bode George was yet to be cleared by the supreme court, the president was hobnobbing with him. That was a soft spot for corruption. When his minister was accused of corruption, instead of calling EFCC to investigate, he set up a committee whose findings were never made public. There are many scandals and as we discuss, a forensic audit is being run to ascertain how $10 billion dollars disappeared. In addition, he said "stealing is not corruption" which implied "stealing is kind of tolerable". So when I say GEJ is for corruption, I have a backup data to support that.

When you said Tinubu was a class rogue, where are the pieces of the evidence?

7 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:
I have very bad news for the ethnic bigots, the suferers of superiority complex, the racists, and narow minded folks on this thread.
The following provision will become part of the Amended 1999 constitution in a matter of months:
a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state
One day, the governor of Lagos will say yammiri/yim miri (give me water) when he requests for iced water out of Alausa. lipsrsealed

Keep deceiving yourself, instead of putting your akpu heads together face home and go develop your home land.

The same has to be ratified by each of the 36 states before it can pass to law. Now Yanmirin can you see that happening?

5 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by nduchucks: 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

How does that change anything, really? Would it make Emeka win election in Kano, Babangida in Ekiti or Ogunyemi in Enugu? Now, is there any law that bar them from contesting for election in those states? You folks think you can legislate unity into existence? Let them keep reworking a useless constitution until the whole country crumbles.

At least it will force people like you to come out of the stone ages.

The good people of Adamawa did not need to be encouraged with legislation before they voted a Yoruba person Grace Folashade Bent into the Senate as far back as 2007.

You people should be open to any Nigerian becoming the Governor of Lagos if he/she is qualified and has the ability to transform the state into this century.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

Keep deceiving yourself, instead of putting your akpu heads together face home and go develop your home land.

The same has to be ratified by each of the 36 states before it can pass to law. Now Yanmirin can you see that happening?

I have no doubt it will pass but that doesn't change the consciousness of the people. For instance, where is it written in our law that a muslim/muslim ticket can't contest? But is that not an issue now? Where is it even written that Emeka can't contest in Lagos, Ogunyemi in kano or Banbagida in Enugu? None. But how realistic are their chances even when they are truly the best candidates?

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by orimsamsam(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:
I have very bad news for the ethnic bigots, the suferers of superiority complex, the racists, and narow minded folks on this thread.

The following provision will become part of the Amended 1999 constitution in a matter of months:

a citizen of Nigeria is an indigene of a particular community of a state in Nigeria if he was born in that state

One day, the governor of Lagos will say yammiri/yim miri (give me water) when he requests for iced water out of Alausa. lipsrsealed

. It only written in the constitution to complete the numbers of page. It can never be practise. I think lagos is still beta wen it comes to non indigenes holding public office. Just come to ibadan and see ibadan politics. If u are not an indigene of ibadan it will be very difficult to context for any public office. Ibadan people will ask u 'ta baba re nile yi. Ati wipe agbole wo lo ti wa". (who is you father in dis land and frm which street are u frm). Even if u are 4rm southwest and u are nt frm ibadan. You will campaign against. Not to talk of an easterner or northerner.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

The good people of Adamawa did not need to be encouraged with legislation before they voted a Yoruba person Grace Folashade Bent into the Senate as far back as 2007.

You people should be open to any Nigerian becoming the Governor of Lagos if he/she is qualified and has the ability to transform the state into this century.

Stone ages? Don't make me laugh.

can you tell me how we are preventing other Nigerians from becoming the governor of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

Igbo people and SE indegenes, please leave this thread. Your opinions are not needed!!

[size=15pt]Nigeria is a country of many nations and this is a Yoruba matter. Any man from Yoruba land is allowed to rule Lagos.[/size]

Thunder fire you there !!.. leave which thread. I' m here to contribute to decisions that will affect OUR Lagos and you are talking crap. Do you see me poking my nose on issues that has to do with Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, Ogun or Oyo. Those are Yoruba states. Gat no business with them.
Keep deceiving yourself. If any man from Yoruba land can govern Lagos, can any man from Yoruba land govern Ekiti, Oyo or Osun. If it's applicable to Lagos, why is it not applicable to the real Yoruba states.
My friend,Lagos is a Federal protected territory. Has always been, will always be. Even when Oyibo ruled us, Lagos was separated from Western region. So take your Yoruba self to Ondo and leave Lagos matter to the rest of Nigerians.
Are you aware that no body can win the Lagos state governorship seat without the votes of the non Yoruba residents. Like I posted earlier, the NA is working on the matter. You never begin cry sef......
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

It will never see the light of day. During the debate there was a proposition that the non indigene claiming indigeneship (as in Igbo claiming non-Igbo land, because this is a matter concerning the Igbos only) would have to completely renounce their original state of origin. So if Emeka want to claim Lagos, he must completely renounce his Igboness and will get a discharge letter from his original state. If there is a war/conflict Emeka must fight on the side of his adopted state i.e. kill Igbos for Yorubas if necessary.

Nduchuks wahala dey for your people o!
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Lagos is a Federal protected territory.

grin grin grin There is no where that is written in Nigeria's constitution. Lagos is one of Nigeria's thirty six states.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

That is the future of Nigeria. There is no way 'this state of origin' crap will survive in the long run. It was even like that in the olden days. Alhaji Maitama Sule was the mayor of Enugu in the 60s. The man speaks fluent Igbo. Through out the military era, any Nigerian can be posted anywhere to administer the place.
If Yoruba's are complaining about Lagos, what will the original owners and indigenes of Abuja do.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

It will never see the light of day. During the debate there was a proposition that the non indigene claiming indigeneship (as in Igbo claiming non-Igbo land, because this is a matter concerning the Igbos only) would have to completely renounce their original state of origin. So if Emeka want to claim Lagos, he must completely renounce his Igboness and will get a discharge letter from his original state. If there is a war/conflict Emeka must fight on the side of his adopted state i.e. fight Igbos for Yorubas if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 5:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
StOla:

While you're right that "Fa" prefix is common to Ekiti state, it is not an Ekiti dialect hence not exclusive to Ekiti.

The same goes for "Odu" not being exclusive to the Ijebu.

So "Fa" holds no knowledge on Sola's Ekiti origin.

No one is talking about dialect here, have you asked your self why "Fa" is common in Ekiti
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by soludo93(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
@OP, I like how you deliberately avoided a matter that would have brought your motive to the surface. But that alone made your opinion inconclusive because you should have mentioned the person with sufficient political might in the rank of PDP who can deliver the party in Lagos. As a keen observer I understand that your graphic painting of Obanikoro obviously suggested where your allegiance lies, but you worked hard to built escape route should Agbaje cling the ticket and eventually wins the election. well done guy!
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

That is the future of Nigeria. There is no way 'this state of origin' crap will survive in the long run. It was even like that in the olden days. Alhaji Maitama Sule was the mayor of Enugu in the 60s. The man speaks fluent Igbo. Through out the military era, any Nigerian can be posted anywhere to administer the place.
If Yoruba's are complaining about Lagos, what will the original owners and indigenes of Abuja do.

You are the ones complaining about Lagos. Democracy is a game of numbers, if you have the number you can produce anything. As it is, there is no law that stops anyone from contesting in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Since you are a Yoruba, you've taken time to study Yoruba history and know that names "with ifa could come from other areas in Yorubaland", why did you state the OP/Aljharem could be right?

Please let me first of all ask what you scored in English Language? I used the word "COULD" doesn't this suggest to you that am not affirming it that fashola is from ekiti state , however considering the fact that that prefi is popular in ekiti state was what made me say "COUlD"

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
Democracy is a game of numbers.

[size=14pt]2015: Igbo in Lagos insist on deputy governorship[/size]

Politicians of Igbo extraction in Lagos State have continued to lobby for the deputy governorship slot in exchange for their support for any of the major political parties in the 2015 governorship election in the state.

The south-eastern politicians, under the auspices of the Ndigbo United Association, have said their insistence on getting the deputy governorship and other elective positions was based on the population of the Igbo in Lagos and their contribution to development of the state.

The National Chairman of NUA, Chief Anselm Njoku, told our correspondent that they were hopeful that an Igbo lady, who is in the governorship race on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, would emerge as the governorship candidate.

He, however, said in the case she did not emerge, they would proceed with their demand for deputy governorship slot and other elective positions.

Njoku said, “There is an Igbo lady in the race. Her name is Dr. Felicia Chukwunike. She is contesting on the platform of the PDP. It is the party that will take the decision on who would be deputy governor. But she is very well qualified. She has a PhD in Sociology and has been into consulting for many years.

“Whether she has any chance or not depends on the delegates who would vote at the governorship primary. I’ve been sampling the opinion of the delegates, and most of them are saying Lagos does not need a female governor for now. But until the primary election comes and goes, she is still hopeful.

“Yes, we are insisting on deputy governorship position. After the primary, if the woman does not emerge as the PDP governorship candidate, we will appeal to the leadership of the party to give Ndigbo other positions, particularly, deputy governor. Considering our population in Lagos and contributions to the development of this state, it is not a bad demand.”

Njoku said the Igbo were more likely to get their request granted by the PDP than the All Progressives Congress.

He said the APC, in the past 15 years, had not given Igbo politicians in Lagos the chance to contest on its platform.

He said, “We know the antecedent of the APC. By 2015, the APC would have been in power for 16 years. There are about 560 elective positions in Lagos and they have not given us ordinary councillorship. It would be a daydream for us to think they would give us deputy governor. Even if they give us, it would not come from their hearts. I don’t see them doing that. Otherwise, they would have started by giving us councillor; local government chairmen, House of Assembly members and so on.

In 2011, some Igbo people ran for seats in the Lagos State House of Assembly on the platform of the PDP. Some Igbo politicians also ran for local government chairman in the last local government election. For example, Alimosho Local Government, it was an Igbo man that ran there on the platform of the PDP. It was unfortunate that the PDP did not win the election. The PDP has the antecedent of allowing non-indigenes to contest on its platform in Lagos. That is why it seems we are tilting towards the PDP. But if the APC decides to give us deputy governor, then we will support them.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/2015-igbo-in-lagos-insist-on-deputy-governorship/
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

It will never see the light of day. During the debate there was a proposition that the non indigene claiming indigeneship (as in Igbo claiming non-Igbo land, because this is a matter concerning the Igbos only) would have to completely renounce their original state of origin. So if Emeka want to claim Lagos, he must completely renounce his Igboness and will get a discharge letter from his original state. If there is a war/conflict Emeka must fight on the side of his adopted state i.e. kill Igbos for Yorubas if necessary.

Nduchuks wahala dey for your people o!

The place you are born will be your 'state of origin'. that will NOT in any way delete your ancestral roots. The Kennedys and the Clintons in the USA will always be Americans. That has never removed, deleted nor denied the fact that they are Irish descents. They still celebrate St. Patricks day after all those centuries.
Your roots will always be your ROOTS. State of origin will be where you are born and reside

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 5:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

It will never see the light of day. During the debate there was a proposition that the non indigene claiming indigeneship (as in Igbo claiming non-Igbo land, because this is a matter concerning the Igbos only) would have to completely renounce their original state of origin. So if Emeka want to claim Lagos, he must completely renounce his Igboness and will get a discharge letter from his original state. If there is a war/conflict Emeka must fight on the side of his adopted state i.e. fight Igbos for Yorubas if necessary.

Don't mind that ethnic bigot, I don't know why the ibos are so keen in claiming lagos as their own, why can't you go and claim maiduguri or chibok grin the yorubas and other tribes are minding their business. They are the only ones pushing for lagos, well the saying that "Lagos is no man's land" doesn't mean an ibo guy has a stake in it

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

Please let me first of all ask what you scored in English Language? I used the word "COULD" doesn't this suggest to you that am not affirming it that fashola is from ekiti state , however considering the fact that that prefi is popular in ekiti state was what made me say "COUlD"

Lol. My English teacher, when you said "could", did that not include possibility of Lagos? "ifa could come from other areas in Yorubaland" means Ifa could come from Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and some parts of Kogi and kwara. Not so?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
isrecole:
Senator Musiliu Obanikoro is the best candidate for PDP in Lagos State. He has enormous public service experience as against Jimi Agbaje who has non. The only problem is that both Bode George and Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe is that they don't see Senator Obanikoro as somebody they can control hence their determination to deprive him of the gubernatorial ticket. But they will fail!! Obanikoro is far more a Party man than Jimi Agbaje. Obanikoro is more ascessible than Jimi Agbaje and he has what it takes to rule a complex State like Lagos. To cap it all Obanikoro is a politician per excellence who will give APC and its godfather a good run for their money. Obanikoro knows what it takes to win an election and he understands what politicians go through and will never neglect them. Koro stands out!!!!! Barrister Kole Oyedele
Koro knows nothing
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
seunmsg:

Ambode retired as the Accountant General of Lagos state and not Auditor General.

@OP, if you are truly very conversant with the politics of Lagos, then you will realise that the political structure of PDP in the state is not strong enough to defeat APC. The little chance that PDP have in the coming election is to exploit the in fighting in APC. And for them to exploit this chance, they need a very credible and popular candidate that will appeal to Lagosians as a technocrat. The only serious PDP candidate that wears that technocrat toga is Jimi Agbaje. Obanikoro is your usual Nigerian politician who just want to occupy any political office, he has little or nothing to offer. Lagosians can't entrust the leadership of the state into the hand of such a political flip-flop. Agbaje stand a better chance of getting elected than Obanikoro.
God bless you sir.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

You are the ones complaining about Lagos. Democracy is a game of numbers, if you have the number you can produce anything. As it is, there is no law that stops anyone from contesting in Lagos.

Thank you for that. This settles the issue between me and you. What is left now is for the Igbos to really get political in Lagos. We do have the numbers to do some serious damage. But, my guys in Idumota, Alaba, Festac, Orile, Isolo, Island etc are only interested in their business. They just want to trade. Things might change in the future though.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

And you think ifa is restricted to just ekiti?

OMG!! shocked when and where did I say Ifa is restricted to ekitit state alone All am saying is the root of ifa was from Ekiti state hence the popularity of the prefi IFA in most of the indigenous names there
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Thank you for that. This settles the issue between me and you. What is left now is for the Igbos to really get political in Lagos. We do have the numbers to do some serious damage. But, my guys in Idumota, Alaba, Festac, Orile, Isolo, Island etc are only interested in their business. They just want to trade. Things might change in the future though.

If you have the numbers, then mobilize your base. If you don't participate, you can't be rewarded. It's not a Yoruba problem and people should not make it look so. There are many parties and there is no way the Yorubas can prevent any not to talk of all from fielding Igbo, Hausa or whatever candidate. It is the candidate that is most acceptable to electorate that wins.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by nduchucks: 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

If you have the numbers, then mobilize your base. If you don't participate, you can't be rewarded. It's not a Yoruba problem and people should not make it look so. There are many parties and there is no way the Yorubas can prevent any not to talk of all from fielding Igbo, Hausa or whatever candidate. It is the candidate that is most acceptable to electorate that wins.

e be like say I don mis judge dis Professor o. Most amala loving residents of Lagos do not believe Igbo people should conme anywhere close to the Governor's mansion. ProfCorruption sounds like a breed apart (oto lon rin)
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by duni04(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
cbrass:

OMG!! shocked when and where did I say Ifa is restricted to ekitit state alone All am saying is the root of ifa was from Ekiti state hence the popularity of the prefi IFA in most of the indigenous names there
Lol so Fasholas Family is from ekiti?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

nduchucks:

e be like say I don mis judge dis Professor o. Most amala loving residents of Lagos do not believe Igbo people should conme anywhere close to the Governor's mansion. ProfCorruption sounds like a breed apart (oto lon rin)

I wont open the champagne just yet.

An Igbo will never occupy Alausa. With or without numbers. If an Igbo APGA contestant get 1m votes and the next Lagos indigene gets 500k votes, the non-indigene Igbo winner cannot take government. Check the constitution for the reasons. Come back to me and I will share the reason with you if you cant find it in the constitution.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Max24: 6:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Its better for us to vote for someone who has always shown interest in political office rather than an imposter that is being pushed to contest by a godfather who intends to use him for his own agenda.Ambode is just joining politics and so will have to depend not on his own political structure but on that of his godfather. That makes him susceptible to manipulation and control by the godfather. His ultimate loyalty will be to the godfather and not to the people. These godfathers deliberately go for technocrats that have no political structure. The same happened to Fashola. When he attempted to free himself they almost impeached him using the True Face of Lagos, or has people forgotten? Obviously, he ended up conceding to his godfathers demands at the expense of commoners. No wonder Fashola does not know his political future after being a Governor of Lagos for 8years. He was never in control politically. Note, the godfather that nominates the governor fills the legislature with his nominees also. So Ambode will be no match for the hawks that will surround him even if has good intentions. So its better to vote for someone who has always been in politics with his own structure no matter how small the structure is. That way he will be directly responsible and accountable to the people and not to any special benefactor. Am not for any party in particular but for a self-made politician. And there are many of them we can pick from--- Jimi Agbaje(he has always shown interest), Ganiyu Solomon, Leke Pitan, Obanikoro, Supo Shasore,etc.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

I wont open the champagne just yet.

An Igbo will never occupy Alausa. With or without numbers. If an Igbo APGA contestant get 1m votes and the next Lagos indigene gets 500k votes, the non-indigene Igbo winner cannot take government. Check the constitution for the reasons. Come back to me and I will share the reason with you if you cant find it in the constitution.
This is the requirement to contest for the post of governor, there is no word like indigene there.
177. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of thirty-five years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
Any Nigerian can contest in any state. Simple.

There is nothing wrong if an Igbo, Hausa or whatever is elected the governor of Lagos. After all, Nigerians are getting elected in other countries. However, if Igbo say they want to produce the governor for the sole reason that Igbo should produce it, they won't go far. I am sure if a Yoruba man is campaigning in kano that a Yoruba should be elected a governor, he won't go far. That strategy won't get them far. If Obama had campaigned on the basis that a black man should be the US president, he would have lost woefully. It's only a candidate with an unassailable majority base that can use that route.

However, if a non-Yoruba presents a compelling manifesto, he or she has a track record of performance and he/she is not playing politics of we deserve to be elected but present a case of how to transform Lagos, the Yorubas that I know will vote for that candidate. In other words, present your plans not your ethnicity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
nduchucks:

Did they vote for her out of the blues or is she married to an Adamawa man, thus making her a state citizen by marriage?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 6:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
ProfCorruption:

This is the requirement to contest for the post of governor, there is no word like indigene there.

Any Nigerian can contest in any state. Simple.

There is nothing wrong if an Igbo, Hausa or whatever is elected the governor of Lagos. After all, Nigerians are getting elected in other countries. However, if Igbo say they want to produce the governor for the sole reason that Igbo should produce it, they won't go far. I am sure if a Yoruba man is campaigning in kano that a Yoruba should be elected a governor, he won't go far. That strategy won't get them far. If Obama had campaigned on the basis that a black man should be the US president, he would have lost woefully. It's only a candidate with an unassailable majority base that can use that route.

However, if a non-Yoruba presents a compelling manifesto, he or she has a track record of performance and he/she is not playing politics of we deserve to be elected but present a case of how to transform Lagos, the Yorubas that I know will vote for that candidate. In other words, present your plans not your ethnicity.

I concur!
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by StOla: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

The place you are born will be your 'state of origin'. that will NOT in any way delete your ancestral roots. The Kennedys and the Clintons in the USA will always be Americans. That has never removed, deleted nor denied the fact that they are Irish descents. They still celebrate St. Patricks day after all those centuries.
Your roots will always be your ROOTS. State of origin will be where you are born and reside

How does a Clinton who is a WASP get to be Irish Descendent?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Halts Evacuation Of 200 Nigerians From Canada / Protest In Kano Over Detained Chad-bound Russian Aircraft / OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.