Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos (27024 Views)

Governor Ambode Deports 1,000 Igbos As Jimi Agbaje Support IPOB / Lagos Killer Squad Names Bode George As Sponsor / Lagos Decides As Jimi Agbaje, Deputy, & Bode George Lose Their Respective Wards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 11:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Politics is a game of numbers, my friend. What the constitution says is totally irrelevant. The relevant aspect of the constitution is the clause that says " every Nigerian is eligible to contest elections anywhere in the country as long as he meets the age requirement and minimum educational level. Having said that, you and I know that it is totally foolhardy for an Hausa man to aspire to be the governor of Oyo state or for an Igbo man to aspire to be the governor of Borno state. He simply does not have the numbers on his side.
Lagos on the other hand is a different ball game. The state has a population of close to 20million. All Yoruba's ( immigrants and indigenes alike ) can not be more than 5 or 6 million. Besides, just like Igbos come and goes, Yoruba's come and go too. One my workers recently relocated back to Osun state. I also have someone who lives in Lagos while his wife and children are in Ekiti. Lagos has a very fluid demography. You have no exclusive claim to Lagos. The sooner you deal with it, the better for you. Otherwise, you will suffer a heart attack.

You are indeed a joker. The constitution is irrelevant and also relevant in the same sentence. Wow! your igbotic mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by willibounce1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinom:

Yea... very funny. When the time comes, they will know how to vote. Even A.boki go know where dey draw broom or umbrella.

You no go like to be governor of Lagos state? You have the right. Join APUGA, APC or PDP and contest.
Shebi na only 5million be Yoruba ppl out of the 20milion population of lagos. Ibo ppl na 10million and other tribes na 5million.

Biko, go and conTASTE for governorchip of lagos. U know where to get your votes

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
anonimi:

You can START with this but you may wish to look up other sources for a BALANCED view of what happened decades ago.

Onabule's account is full of half-truths, sophistry and in some cases deliberately slanted views. I will address just two as it pertains to Awolowo and then make a general comment.

1. What happened in Adedoyin's case was not a case of cross carpet or defection. In Western Region, AG was the dominant party, while NCNC was an opposition party. AG controlled Western House of Assembly while NCNC had some members in the same house. Representation of Western Region at central government was by electoral college where political parties decided who should represent the region. Lagos had two seats in the federal parliament though had five seats in Western House of Assembly. Whether convenient or otherwise, AG had to send two NCNC members to represent Western region at the Federal Parliament since NCNC won all seats in Lagos. Normally, NCNC should present two candidates to be submitted. However, three NCNC candidates namely Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe, Adeleke Adedoyin and Dr. Ibiyinka Olorunnimbe were all jostling for the seats and none was ready to step down for another. NCNC could not prevail over its members to step down for Azikwe. It had no choice but send names of all elected members (five of them) to Western House and hope two members were elected to federal parliament. As it happened, the larger house voted two NCNC members in persons of Adeleke Adedoyin and Ibiyinka Olorunnimbe . It was more of a case of party indiscipline than cross carpeting. Had NCNC presented two names for submission, there would be no need for the larger house to deliberate on it. What was NCNC expecting when it sent five names to Western House of Assembly? That the house would elect its opposition leader? Why didn't Onabule present the history as it happened rather than a cosmetic adaptation of a fringe to suit his bias? Even Azikwe admitted later that AG was not responsible for the tragedy.

2.It is false to attribute Western Crisis to "more division" in AG. The crisis started because the Federal government did not allow the will of the majority to prevail.Simple. The AG had the numbers to pass vote of no confidence on Akintola and indeed a vote of no confidence was passed on him and the Governor, Ooni Adesoji Aderemi had called on him to step down consequent upon vote of no confidence from his party and from the petition signed by house members. In 1962, Awolowo addressed party members in which he made a case of anti-party activities against Akintola. In a resolution supported by an overwhelming majority (81 vs 29) in Western region and approved by the federal executive members of the party, the party demanded Akintola's resignation. When he refused to resign, the party asked the regional governor to sack him. 66 out of 117 already signed a petition for his removal in Western House of Assembly. The governor removed him, and sworn in Adegbenro as the premier. Akintola went to court to challenge his removal, the federal government did not recognize Adegbenro and when Akintola eventually lost at the Privy Council in Londol, a retroactive law was passed to rendered it null. You can't impose an unpopular man against the will of the majority and still hope to keep the peace. Hence the western region crises.

People bring all these historical revisions to achieve one purpose: blame the incursion of tribal politics in Nigeria (or at least in southern Nigeria) on Awolowo. But they won't reference that the first tribal union (Ibo Federal Union which later metamorphosed to Ibo State Union) was indeed founded by Azikwe as far back as 1943. In his presidential address to the union, Azikwe made the following remarks:
" It would appear the God of Africa has created the Ibo nation to lead the children of Africa from bondage of Ages. The martial prowess of the Ibo nation at all stages of human history has enabled them not only to conquer others but also to adapt themselves to the role of preserver" That was a man that lost his bid to represent western region about ten years later (in 1951). That was the same man people often touted as victim of Awolowo's tribalism. How ironic?

In 1948, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa made the following statements:

"Many Nigerians speak of 'unity'. They are well too lose about it. Many of them deceive themselves by thinking that Nigeria is one. This is wrong, particularly some of the press people with chance of writing in papers to tell the world that this is one country. When they give lectures, they shout it out that Nigerians are one people. This is wrong. When I look around me in the council, I see Honourable members of all parts of Nigeria sitting together and I am bound to feel some presence of unity. But I am sorry to say that the presence of unity is artificial and it ends outside this chamber"

They would ignore the above but latch onto Awolowo's opinion that he could not be a good Nigerian without first being a good Yoruba and called him a tribalist; cite all sorts of phantom cross carpeting and how Awolowo prevented Zik from becoming the premier of Western Region. Why can't they present the results of the election?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Chinom(m): 11:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
ibedun:

You are indeed a joker. The constitution is irrelevant and also relevant in the same sentence. Wow! your igbotic mentality.

Relevance has a direct correlation to the issue at hand. Only a small section of the constitution is relevant to the issue at hand. I hope you are schooled enough to know what " Relevant" here means.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 12:05am On Nov 17, 2014
mbulela:

This boring story of Tinubu killing [b]Funsho Williams has died a natural death. [/b]Try something else.

You must be high!

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by cbrass(m): 7:29am On Nov 17, 2014
ibedun:

Don't mind the Aba mentality in him, who is holding them from contesting , shebi one igbotic woman contested for the governorship in lagos some years back and was disgraced, they want somone to give it to them on a platter but we won't , this is why they are playing the bootlicker script for south-south by supporting jonathan so as to become the next president after him but they have failled, the south-south guys don't even trust them grin

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2014
anonimi:

You sef too dey research better expo grin
Anyway maybe Ijebu get waterside wey reach ONDO state which was his state of origin in 1982 shocked

Hahahaha, are you minding the pseudo-yoruba people here. In Lagos, we do not have "Fa" anything but they will argue with you.

What we have is Odu because of Ijebu migrates

Esu

Ogun

Ade

etc but not Fa

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Can you tell us Fasola's home town in Ekiti?

Ask Fashola himself. He will NEVER claim Lagos as his state of origin

Fashola's father is called baba ekiti before he died so what are you saying

We don't have Fa in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 8:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Chinom:

Wow !! that JAMB form. It seems like no real indigenous Lagosian has ever governed Lagos. I was meant to understand that both Tinubu and Fashola are also migrants from the South West. so, if migrants from the SW can govern Lagos, why not migrants from the SE ?.
I don't subscribe to the view that a migrant from Osun or Ekiti has more claims to Lagos than an Igbo, Calabar or Hausa man born and bred in Lagos. I believe the national assembly is looking into the matter right now.

I will voting PDP anyway. no matter who they bring out for Lagos. We need freedom from Tinubu grip. Lagosians cannot breath freely anymore.

God bless you !

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 8:38am On Nov 17, 2014
Some people would even go as far as mentioning that Fashola is from Lagos Island !. Lol

Lagos Island has records to know who is and who is not from the town.

They first lied that Bola Tinubu is from Lagos Island, after much debunking, they changed mouth to "He was adopted"

Why lie about your state of origin ?

Why lie just to rule people rather than serve ?

Some are already lying that Solomon is from Ogun state because he is no longer in line with Jagaban grin grin grin

Solomon family house can be traced to Mushin. Please lets trace Fashola, Ambode, Tinubu family houses.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by aljharem(m): 8:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Ok profcorruption lets say we have Fa in Lagos and Fashola is from Lagos

Please point out the Family tree Raji came from. I can point mine out and so can many others.

Let Fashola point out where Raji (his surname) comes from.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by orimsamsam(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2014
To all igboti claiming lagos as federal protectorate, continue decieving yourself. My cousin who is currently an NDA cadet, state of origin is ekiti state . But he was born in lagos state. He was givin the certificate of origin of lagos without stress .but his frend uche who wanted to do samething was rejected and asked to go bak to his state
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2014
orimsamsam:
To all igboti claiming lagos as federal protectorate, continue decieving yourself. My cousin who is currently an NDA cadet, state of origin is ekiti state . But he was born in lagos state. He was givin the certificate of origin of lagos without stress .but his frend uche who wanted to do samething was rejected and asked to go bak to his state

They are mentally deranged and confused.

They should go to Abuja. In fact with a bit of time the original owners of Abuja will emerge. And we have a duty to support them in their quest to retake their land.
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by adadadon(m): 10:47am On Nov 17, 2014
D
aljharem:
Some people would even go as far as mentioning that Fashola is from Lagos Island !. Lol

Lagos Island has records to know who is and who is not from the town.

They first lied that Bola Tinubu is from Lagos Island, after much debunking, they changed mouth to "He was adopted"

Why lie about your state of origin ?

Why lie just to rule people rather than serve ?

Some are already lying that Solomon is from Ogun state because he is no longer in line with Jagaban grin grin grin

Solomon family house can be traced to Mushin. Please lets trace Fashola, Ambode, Tinubu family houses.
family house is in mushin yet he is reping Ikorodu now ask him the senatorial seat he is holding and check if Ikorodu falls in it Google Ambode's family house in Epe and stop making fictional claims. Besides GOS was imposed on Lagos not once but three times as Mushin LGA chairman cos of his father and as a Senator by jagaban himself
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by turawafett(f): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2014
As for me and my household we will vote APC till we see improvement at the federal level, the few states that experiment with PDP in the south west we all saw the results. It's looting as usual. They are both thieves but the difference to me is APC a party that inflate cost of projects collects the money and do the project. PDP on the other hand do inflate projects collect money hardly do the projects, and the last time I check their roads per kilometers cost more than APC roads. I left with two thieves so I choose the one that have less stealing. My personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ibedun: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2014
Any Yoruba man is free to rule anywhere in Yoruba territory. Final and constitutional. Don't like it? Face east of the Niger! angry
adadadon:
D family house is in mushin yet he is reping Ikorodu now ask him the senatorial seat he is holding and check if Ikorodu falls in it Google Ambode's family house in Epe and stop making fictional claims. Besides GOS was imposed on Lagos not once but three times as Mushin LGA chairman cos of his father and as a Senator by jagaban himself
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Twistaray(m): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
grin
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Twistaray(m): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
ibedun:
Any Yoruba man is free to rule anywhere in Yoruba territory. Final and constitutional. Don't like it? Face east of the Niger! angry

Quit correcting that tribe with no origin or culture.
Its like pourin a drum of water into a basket ke
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by politifact: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
I don't understand the fuss about this jimi agbaje guy,has he held any public office before?,what track record in public service does he have?what structure does he have on ground?,what structure and popularity does his so called god fathers(bode george and ogunlewe) have?how connected is he to the grass roots?what track record of good governance does his party(pdp)have at the center?,what are his manifestos for lagos except letting okada and danfo drivers continue their recklessness.lagos state will never fall into the hands of a political party that has destroyed nigeria whether GEJ and his tribesmen and cohorts like it or not

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by politifact: 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
Max24:
Its better for us to vote for someone who has always shown interest in political office rather than an imposter that is being pushed to contest by a godfather who intends to use him for his own agenda.Ambode is just joining politics and so will have to depend not on his own political structure but on that of his godfather. That makes him susceptible to manipulation and control by the godfather. His ultimate loyalty will be to the godfather and not to the people. These godfathers deliberately go for technocrats that have no political structure. The same happened to Fashola. When he attempted to free himself they almost impeached him using the True Face of Lagos, or has people forgotten? Obviously, he ended up conceding to his godfathers demands at the expense of commoners. No wonder Fashola does not know his political future after being a Governor of Lagos for 8years. He was never in control politically. Note, the godfather that nominates the governor fills the legislature with his nominees also. So Ambode will be no match for the hawks that will surround him even if has good intentions. So its better to vote for someone who has always been in politics with his own structure no matter how small the structure is. That way he will be directly responsible and accountable to the people and not to any special benefactor. Am not for any party in particular but for a self-made politician. And there are many of them we can pick from--- Jimi Agbaje(he has always shown interest), Ganiyu Solomon, Leke Pitan, Obanikoro, Supo Shasore,etc.
point of correction,akin ambode is relying on the structure of the APC in lagos state.secondly,he is more experienced in administration after spending almost 30years in the public service, than mr jimi agbaje who has never been there.thirdly,if tinubu is a god father then what do u call bode thief and ogunlewe who brought jimi agbaje from the DPA few months ago to contest for the governorship ticket,is that not imposition.pls let us be factual in our analysis

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by adadadon(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Gy
ibedun:

Never disagreed with the fact that any yoruba man can rule Lagos
PS: Am yoruba too
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
LOL

All the aspirants from PDP are the agrieved AD, ACN decampees

So I ask, Who/Where are the original PDP men from Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Can you tell us the state Fasola is claiming as his state of origin?
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
Ok profcorruption lets say we have Fa in Lagos and Fashola is from Lagos

Please point out the Family tree Raji came from. I can point mine out and so can many others.

Let Fashola point out where Raji (his surname) comes from.

Sometimes, I am tempted to ask if you know what you are doing.

Alhaji Ademola Fasola is the father of Mr. Babatunde Fasola. Isn't it obvious that Fasola is the surname? grin

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

You may be living in Yoruba land but you are not conversant with the nuances of our culture.

Let us assume I am from Lagos and my uncle is working in Akure. What do we say: awon ara Akure ti de o? The women in the house would most likely call him Daddy Akure etc. I am still wondering how a mere 'baba Ekiti' can be your proof. Don't you know Fasola's home town in Ekiti? There are sixteen local governemnts in Ekiti. Don't you know his local government?

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by oneplusone: 7:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Jimi Wat angry angry angry
PDP fielding an inexperienced Jimi Agbaje against a more formidable and experienced candidate,say Akinwunmi Ambode will be tantamount to fielding a malnourished feather weight boxer against a stoic heavily built and healthy heavy weight boxer.Jimi Agbaje is a featherweight,inexperienced pharmacist,with no record of public service nor indeed any record of experience in managing a group of workers,I mean a group higher than the five sales people he has working for him in his chemist shop at Apapa.This is not the time for Lagosians to start experimenting with baby politicians

2 Likes

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by oneplusone: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2014
politifact:
point of correction,akin ambode is relying on the structure of the APC in lagos state.secondly,he is more experienced in administration after spending almost 30years in the public service, than mr jimi agbaje who has never been there.thirdly,if tinubu is a god father then what do u call bode thief and ogunlewe who brought jimi agbaje from the DPA few months ago to contest for the governorship ticket,is that not imposition.pls let us be factual in our analysis

I have lived in Lagos now for over fifteen years and I know I have more more vibrant and active political contributions in Lagos than most of those that keep mouthing Ambode is from Togo,his mother is from Ondo.I don't even want to go into where his mother was from originally or otherwise,but the fact is that Akin Ambode was born in Epe over 50 decades ago,he has lived and worked in Lagos all his life,so he is a bonafide LAGOSIAN and in my opinion,anybody that thinks otherwise has nothing serious or important to say.
Ah ah,for crying out loud,a whole America wey naija women dey run go deliver,the babies dey become yankee citizen,not to talk of small Lagos in small Nigeria that in any case,the constitution says that 10 years unbroken residency and tax payment is all that is required for even me to contest to be governor,na him so peeps dey here dey yan opata about a whole Akinwunmi Ambode,omo Epe gan.

1 Like

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Billcakes: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2014
I have said it before and I will say it again,Jimi Agbaje is toooo desperate to become governor of Lagos state that in the past 8 years he has done some very desperate suspicious things.He is more like a desperate political prosti2t,why is he jumping from pillar to post just to become governor,if he is as good and acceptable as some of you have been making him out to be,then he doesn't need to jump under the UMBLELLA(sorry mama peace),he should trust himself well enough to run on the platform of his former party or even as an independent candidate(even if dat one never start for naija,I had to mention it cos you guys talk about him like he can win an election even without a political party)
So I ask,please duni04 and co,be kind enough to tell us where and where this Agbaje of a man has worked and the things he did there that make you think he is the best candidate for Lagos governor as I personally don't think that running an obscure chemist somewhere in the remotest part of Apapa is enough to put him on this high pedestal you want to force him on.
Having Bode George shocked shocked as his god father only makes him the more unsuitable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by Billcakes: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2014
politifact:
I don't understand the fuss about this jimi agbaje guy,has he held any public office before?,what track record in public service does he have?what structure does he have on ground?,what structure and popularity does his so called god fathers(bode george and ogunlewe) have?how connected is he to the grass roots?what track record of good governance does his party(pdp)have at the center?,what are his manifestos for lagos except letting okada and danfo drivers continue their recklessness.lagos state will never fall into the hands of a political party that has destroyed nigeria whether GEJ and his tribesmen and cohorts like it or not

It is not right to allow a farmer who just enrolled in a flying school to fly a Boeing 777 just because he is desperate to do that.Jimi Agbaje is a learner and he is a desperado,there is something more than fishy about his intentions,governance that is supposed to be service-oriented should not ordinarily lead one to show that kind of unusual desperation that Jimi Agbaje has shown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by ola6: 9:07am On Nov 18, 2014
Billcakes:
I have said it before and I will say it again,Jimi Agbaje is toooo desperate to become governor of Lagos state that in the past 8 years he has done some very desperate suspicious things.He is more like a desperate political prosti2t,why is he jumping from pillar to post just to become governor,[size=14pt]if he is as good and acceptable as some of you have been making him out to be,then he doesn't need to jump under the UMBLELLA(sorry mama peace),he should trust himself well enough to run on the platform of his former party or even as an independent candidate(even if dat one never start for naija,I had to mention it cos you guys talk about him like he can win an election even without a political party)[/size]
So I ask,please duni04 and co,be kind enough to tell us where and where this Agbaje of a man has worked and the things he did there that make you think he is the best candidate for Lagos governor as I personally don't think that running an obscure chemist somewhere in the remotest part of Apapa is enough to put him on this high pedestal you want to force him on.
Having Bode George shocked shocked as his god father only makes him the more unsuitable

[size=14pt]Exactly! How can one in good judgement say Jimi Agabje is more popular than Obanikoro[/size]
Re: Bode George As Jimi Agbaje’s Godfather Is Bad For Lagos by baptist101: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2014
Is Jimi Agbaje the best that PDP can offer?Have they even conducted their primaries?Hmmmm,I think his chances a slim undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Has Created Many Wealthy Nigerians- Jonathan / Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption / Ogba Flooded After Heavy Rainfall Yesterday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.