Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 88 pages)

Politics / Re: RUGA: FG Restrategises, May Reintroduce Scheme by 1forall: 2:37pm On Jul 07, 2019
ijustdey:

According to the letter, dated 2 July, 2019, an implementation committee of the National Livestock Transformation Programme comprising representatives of the National Economic Council (NEC), [b]National Food Security Council/b] and Federal Executive Council as well as the minister is to be inaugurated to oversee the delivery of the national livestock transformation programme.

Lol. So Nigeria has a food security council, and Nigerians are hungry?
Politics / Re: Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards by 1forall: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chimaokigwe:
Under Obasanjo, this same woman wanted to sell Unity schools to people like Dangote. That single step would have ensured that the children of the low wage workers like gatemen would never be able to afford Unity schools.

She attempted to deprive coming generations of public education and she's trying to form holy. She thinks everyone has short memories like her supporters.

She should shut up cos she's part of the problem and stop making hypocritical noise. With her hair like the experiment of an inexperienced barber.

Think. What percentage of Nigerian students attend Unity schools per year?

Think. What's wrong with privatizing education?

And think. What is the state of the Unity schools now that they were not privatized, are they better off?

The comment read like it came out of some sort of dislike for Mrs Ezekwesili.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Hon. Wole Oke Expresses Shock Over His Suspension By NWC of the PDP by 1forall: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2019
Lol PDP.

Apart from releasing a routine statement to condemn his behaviour, they've taken no real action on the slapping senator. But they swiftly suspend these guys for something that was not totally within their control.

Shows where their priority lies.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Adebayo Shittu Sued By Victor Oluwadamilere, Ex Aide Over Unpaid Salaries by 1forall: 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
The case is mentioned in July but adjourned till November

Justice delayed is justice denied

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2019
lonelydora,

Good to know! Was just curious to know if and how you managed to get a resolution afterall.

On a side note, I sent you a PM days ago, please check.
Politics / Re: Delayed Payment Of Gratuity...What Does The Law Say? by 1forall: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
lonelydora,

How did this go? Did you manage to get a solution?
Business / Re: Dangote Offers N340m For Micro-grant Empowerment Programme In Katsina by 1forall: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
jhydebaba:

Dats 1million dollars.

340,000 each.

Not quite.

Read: The programme aims at empowering 1000 beneficiaries from each of the 34 local government areas.

So it's a mere ₦10,000 each my friend.
Family / Re: Why The High Rate Of Suicides? by 1forall: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2019
1. The deteriorating state of the national economy has sustained for decades.

Thus..

2. The economic inequality gap continues to expand i.e. the rich getting richer but the poor getting poorer.

And..

3. There is an astronomical increase in the general level of frustration and depression in the society.

Finally..

4. As there seems no hope in sight, suicide is gradually becoming an option for some.

Sad, really.

Solution: Just fix the economy!
Family / Re: What Happens To Someone's Social Media Account When He's Dead? by 1forall: 6:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Facebook has a policy for handling accounts whose owners are deceased. They can either memorialize the account or close it, but first you will need to contact Facebook.

Google "facebook policy for deceased users".
Celebrities / Re: Amara Kanu Talks About Depression As She Steps Out Looking Radiant by 1forall: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2019
Johnbosco77:
People that are comfortable are so good with advices.
If U know U know

How do you know she isn't speaking from experience? You ever heard the rich also cry?
Politics / Re: Oby Ezekwesili: "Citizens Of Nigeria Are Not Ready For Good Governance" by 1forall: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
abbiboy:

What is this one saying,all this ur non repentant criminals u ascribe as leaders,they re ur leader not my leader.

Read and understand, it's not too hard to do.
Science/Technology / Re: InventTech Building A Global IoT-based Hardware Company by 1forall: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Offpoint1:

God where I bin dey when you dey share brain.

This is a good question. Because, as they say, a problem identified is half-solved already

Good luck with the other half cheesy

1 Like

Politics / Re: Oby Ezekwesili: "Citizens Of Nigeria Are Not Ready For Good Governance" by 1forall: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
I don't quite agree with Oby on this.

The government should lead by example and citizens will generally fall in line.

But when we have a state governor severally filmed pocketing hard currency winning a re-election, ostensibly left alone to alter his forefathers' traditions for selfish political gain, being pampered by the powers in Ask Rock, what kind of citizens do you think we are breeding?
Health / Re: Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please by 1forall: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2019
Offpoint1:
Them give you something for hospital, you no ask wetin e mean you carry am waka come nairaland.

Make I no talk my mind

If transgender mean person switching him sex, then transvaginal mean dem wan remove her vaginä and put prick there or dem wan transport the vaginà go lap and scan am.

let her panic abeg

I had wanted to write a fitting response to this thoughtless comment but then I saw the username cheesy
Travel / Re: Pius Adesanmi’s Mother, Daughter Sue Boeing Over Ethiopian Airlines Crash. by 1forall: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2019
Megatrix:
He can't be brought back to life, let it rest

What a comment! See, being ignorant is not wrong, but being bold enough to display it publicly is.
Business / Re: 6 Reasons Why Your Business Fails by 1forall: 7:59am On Apr 15, 2019
You need to add 'poor quality of human resources' to that list, particularly for Nigerian businesses.
Car Talk / Re: My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC by 1forall: 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
lwise:

The engine was ringed recently.I always have issue with the car jacking and vibrating as if the plugs are bad.I recently changed the plugs,service the engine but the situation remains the same . For the 1st 7 minutes of driving,hardly experience any issue.After sometime the car starts misbehaving and get worst if the AC is on.

I'm just tired cry cry

Engine overhauling (ringing) is a delicate job which most times doesn't give perfect results. An experienced auto mechanic (a banker and engineer with a decent auto workshop business) once told me that auto engineers abroad do not 'ring' engines because the variables to control for perfection are too many, and the slightest error can result in a poor job. Talking about things as minor as ambient temperature, dust, technique, quality of parts etc.

Think of that in the context of our 'professional' Nigerian auto mechanics!

Your car engine has inevitably lost some compression (power/pressure) due to the work done, thus the engine is not producing as much torque (rotational force) as it was originally designed to. Therefore when you switch on your AC - which is basically adding the AC compressor load to the engine - the engine struggles. It may not be such a problem if you're on the highway but will be more noticeable in traffic with AC on.

In summary, your car engine will last longer if you don't use the AC on it anymore, but even at that I think you should prepare your mind for engine or car replacement in the near future.

6 Likes

Business / Re: Dangote To Bid For Chelsea Football Club, If Stan Kroenke Fails To Sell Arsenal by 1forall: 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
I won't lend my support to this idea. It's turns logic on its head that an Arsenal fan who feels 'attached' to the club wants to buy Chelsea, a local rival club.

I mean, who will he REALLY support when Chelsea face Arsenal??

Makes no sense.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Emmanuel Jime Caught With Bags Of Money (Video) by 1forall: 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lol. Those men in crowd are obviously not happy cheesy
Politics / Re: See How Aisha Buhari Smiled While Putting Ballot Paper Into The Presidential Box by 1forall: 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2019
Printerscanner:

Osinbajo/El-Rufai: 2023 to 2031

El-Rufai/Fayemi : 2031 to 2039

Such thinking scares me, and the over 100 likes make it even more frightening.

Such a blinkered, stockholm syndromed citizenry.
Sports / Re: Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0 by 1forall: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2019
Maurizio Sarri says Blues players 'difficult to motivate'

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri said his players are "extremely difficult to motivate" as he heavily criticised their performance in defeat at Arsenal.

The Blues lost 2-0 in the Premier League at Emirates Stadium on Saturday and only had one shot on target.

Chelsea have only won two of their past five matches and are now just three points clear of the Gunners in fifth sixth-placed Manchester United.

"I'm really angry about the approach that we adopted today," Sarri said.

"It's an approach we can't really accept."

In a remarkable news conference after the defeat, Sarri said he wanted to speak in his native Italian rather than English "because I want to send a message to my players and I want my message to be very clear".

"I have to say, I'm extremely angry. Very angry indeed," said the 60-year-old, who succeeded compatriot Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge in the summer.

"This defeat was due to our mentality, more than anything else. This is something I can't accept.

"This group of players are extremely difficult to motivate."

'This is not a team known for its battling qualities'

Chelsea also recently lost their Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against Tottenham

Sarri's starting line-up against Arsenal included seven players who won the Premier League under Conte in 2017, before going on to finish fifth the season after.

The Italian said: "This is not a team that is going to be well known for its battling qualities but we need to become a team that is capable of adapting, possibly suffering for 10 or 15 minutes then playing our own football.

"You can find yourself in difficulties from time to time, but we need to react to those difficulties a lot better than we did today."

Chelsea scored 27 goals in their opening 11 league matches this season but have netted only 13 times in the 13 games since.

Strikers Olivier Giroud and Alvaro Morata have fallen out of favour and the club have been heavily linked with a move for Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain, who Sarri worked with at Napoli.

Sarri said the team's mentality could be improved by a new signing.

"You have to influence them. It could be about a new player coming in or one of the old heads taking control," he said.

"A player at this level can't be afraid to face up to their responsibilities.

"The best thing that can happen is that the players and I talk very openly about what happens.

"I am the person responsible for the players and it is important for them to have the attitude.

"If they can't then maybe they shouldn't be playing at this level."

'They don't look up for it' - analysis

Former England players Rio Ferdinand and Jermaine Jenas were in the BT studio to cover the game at the Emirates and had this to say...

Ferdinand: "This is a huge cause for concern - to say that your team is lacking in motivation, especially in big games. For these games you should wake up, bounce out of bed and fly out on to the pitch ready to go. You don't need a team talk; you've done your homework during the week.

"As soon as they came out they didn't look up for it. They looked lethargic."

Jenas: "I don't know if those players truly believe what he is bringing to the table. I do believe we will get to see the best of Sarri at some point - but, right now, I think he's struggling not only to convince some fans, but there are some players who think it can be done in a better way.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46935486
Sports / Re: Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0 by 1forall: 8:44am On Jan 20, 2019
Chelsea lost because your tactics failed again sir!

Chelsea lost because Arsenal played in a way that nullified your game plan and you refused to change your set up when you noticed the problem. You continued trying to play out from the back despite Arsenal's high pressing.

Chelsea lost because you played your two best players Hazard and Kante out of their natural positions again.

Chelsea lost because you fail to recognize when your favourite Jorginho is not in good form.

Chelsea lost because your team were making crosses into the box for the striker left on the bench!

With 64% possession, but only one shot on target which was in the 82nd minute, Chelsea lost simply because your tactics failed again Maurizio!

7 Likes 1 Share

Career / Re: Can Anyone Verify Nnpc/spic -jv Scholars Fund by 1forall: 9:16am On Jan 18, 2019
First of all did you apply for such a scholarship?

Second, is that their email address @outlook.com?
Cos Shell Petroleum Intervention Corporation using a free email address would make no sense.

1 Like

Politics / Re: FG To Begin Emissions Control Programme January 1, 2019 by 1forall: 8:23am On Dec 28, 2018
I laugh grin
Career / Re: Vacancy - Hospitality Firm - Procurement Executive by 1forall: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
Application deadline is 5th December 2018.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Vacancy - Hospitality Firm - Procurement Executive by 1forall: 12:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
Application deadline is 5th December 2018.
Career / Vacancy - Hospitality Firm - Procurement Executive by 1forall: 11:10am On Nov 29, 2018
A new hospitality outfit in Lagos is looking to fill the position of a Procurement Executive. The role is based on the Island and reports to the Manager.

An educational background in the field of Purchasing & Supply will be an advantage, and the ideal candidate will have work experience in a similar position.

Applicants shall be telephone screened for shortlisting.

If you believe this role fits you please send your CV as an attachment to op******ns@ws****de.com AND le*****us@gmail.com.

Good luck!
Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy - Hospitality Firm - Procurement Executive by 1forall: 11:03am On Nov 29, 2018
A new hospitality outfit in Lagos is looking to fill the position of a Procurement Executive. The role is based on the Island and reports to the Manager.

An educational background in the field of Purchasing & Supply will be an advantage, and the ideal candidate will have work experience in a similar position.

Applicants shall be telephone screened for shortlisting.

If you believe this role fits you please send your CV as an attachment to op******ns@ws****de.com.

Good luck!
Travel / Re: The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) by 1forall: 2:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
Four elementary driving lessons to grab from the images are:

1. Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you.
2. Observe lane discipline.

It is difficult to observe from those images but those drivers ideally would have:

3. Dimmed their headlamps (in slow moving traffic at night) so they do not impair the vision of the driver in front with its reflection in his rearview mirror.

4. Used their handbrakes instead of keeping their feet on the brake pedal for similar reason above but this time for the driver at the rear.

And these things are rather simple to do but our unlawful and reckless driving habits in Nigeria have sadly; just like many other of our compound problems, grown to become a part of our culture. It is right before our eyes every day.

I'd be happy to help our Nigerian governments initiate and establish a change of driving culture if they have the vision AND will; including political will, to implement something of that sort.

We do have a loong way to go though, but somebody in authority really needs to do something about the way we drive in Nigeria. Not helped by the state of those satanic traps we call roads where lives are being damaged and lost needlessly day in and out cry

1 Like

Agriculture / Vacancy In Commodities Firm - Field Operations Executive by 1forall: 10:24am On Oct 03, 2018
Recruitment suspended by firm. Watch this space for updates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.