Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

Agriculture / Re: Looking For A Shea Butter Supplier by 1forall: 11:52am On Jan 15
So OP, how did this go? Found a good/reliable source yet?
Agriculture / Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2023
Mikkyjay17:
@1forall

Iron ore, and zinc are not.
I mean the aforementioned are exported majorly to foreign countries.

We've got companies; the likes of fmcg and others who manufactured their goods here, also export it. I presumed the buyer preference has to do with brand and originalitity.

For charcoal, the said law which ban imported rice and turkey only mitigate it and wave cheaply on this too.
Although relevant authorities after much deliberation with FG would soon make it lawful, in due time

OK. Thanks for your response.
Agriculture / Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
Esude007:
okay sir... I will get back to u on that sir
I'll look forward to that, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Agriculture / Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 10:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Esude007
1forall:
Good to see you doing honest, diligent work, and with patience to boot. Well done and more power to you 💪🏽

I'm looking to procure 28T of ff spec:
Hulled Sesame Seeds
Machine cleaned & sortexed
Purity >99.9%
Moisture <7%
FFA <2%
Admixture <5%

Is it achievable, and do you know anyone or company into processing?
Agriculture / Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2023
Mikkyjay17:

Export farm goods is seasonal. Cashew nut, sesame seed, cocoa beans, iron ore, zinc, hibiscus flower, soya beans, and charcoal are predominantly exported from the country.

LOL. Have to point out that iron ore and zinc are not farm goods smiley
And charcoal export is banned by the government, or has that changed
Agriculture / Re: Sesame Farming ( The New Oil Money) by 1forall: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2023
Good to see you doing honest, diligent work, and with patience to boot. Well done and more power to you 💪🏽

I'm looking to procure 28T of ff spec:
Hulled Sesame Seeds
Machine cleaned & sortexed
Purity >99.9%
Moisture <7%
FFA <2%
Admixture <5%

Is it achievable, and do you know anyone or company into processing?
Politics / Re: NIMC, World Bank To Provide Digital ID For 148 Million Nigerians By 2024 by 1forall: 9:39am On Aug 27, 2023
Would typically just read the article and move on but seeing this particular one and how wrong and redundant it sounds given Nigeria already has many national databases, I decided to read comments to get a sense of the general sentiment towards the topic and I was rather impressed with some of the comments like the below quoted, among others. Good to see fair a number of NLers exhibit critical thinking and constructive criticism, and not quite disappointed to read the inane remarks.

As per topic, national identification is a internal affair and getting foreign organizations involved is a stupid thing to do. There are also many registers already like the NIN, BVN and SIM registers that can be improved on and even possibly harmonized for a more robust database so this idea is even more ridiculous.

And then,
"the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Bosun Tijani, revealed that the government has secured access to approximately half a billion dollars in funding to initiate a local funding program."
..the above statement really says nothing - or what is "a local funding program" and how does it relate to the ID matter Because $500m is clearly an outrageous figure for a ID project alone.

Considering Nigeria's position as the world's largest black population, it is clear this is a plan for data collection, monitoring & control and other unspoken ulterior motives being disguised as some sort of assistance or loan to fit into a wider global strategy for similar purposes. Unfortunately the current national leadership is compromised and unable to defend the interests of its citizens.

YourNextLevel:
Still sticking your head into WHO WB IMF NATO while most nations are running out. Can't we do things independently in this country?

Kids with free data in nairaland will not understand what just wrote.

Brendaniel:
Nigerians already have digital ID's, what is the NIN there for?

panpan:
What is this obsession of the World Bank about digital ID for Nigerians?
Is Nigeria being used as a test case?
The report did not say where the half a billion dollars came from. Is this another World Bank loan?

scarra:
The moment we realize that the world bank and other foreign organizations are tools of neocolonialism the better for us.

jayAjoku:
If you think this is a welcome development you obviously don’t know the direction the world is headed and I pity you

jayAjoku:
it’s to control the people in order to push them further into the new world order agenda

IamaNigerianGuy:
You are unbelievably stupid.
Have you ever heard of the WEF and their attempt to impose a New World Order ? The World Bank is one of the tools for achieving this. They want to tag you like cattle, control you, and finally eliminate you.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Lagos Warns Skit, Filmmakers Against Unauthorised Use Of LASTMA Uniform by 1forall: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2023
Headless thinking. Do the skit guys steal the uniforms

Warn LASTMA officials against giving/hiring out their uniforms instead.
Politics / Re: Dokubo Seeks Permission To Battle Niger Coup Leaders by 1forall: 7:35am On Aug 12, 2023
This man continues twerking seriously for Tinubu.
Phones / Re: Twitter To Cover Legal Fees Of Users Treated Unfairly By Employers Over Posts by 1forall: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2023
yeslollipop:
I love anaI lipsrsealed
I love Canada
Career / Re: Career Crisis - What Do I Do by 1forall: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
And you're getting stressed out

No knowledge or experience is wasted. There are times you have to do what you don't really like but such experiences help you build character and also teach you how to deal with challenges & prepare you for future opportunities.

Since you don't know what the future holds just be thankful for where you are, learn as much as you can and enjoy it while at it.

Of course keep an eye out for what you'd prefer and go for it when you find the opportunity, but wherever you may be at any point in time remember; in life, no condition is permanent.

1 Like

Family / Re: How To Handle Close Betrayal From Close Family Members [like A BOSS] by 1forall: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Long story.

My eldest brother unjustifiably continues to make himself my enemy because such situation pays his pocket.

He has more or less fractured what's left of our family, after losing two siblings and our mum. He has also succeeded in sowing seeds of hatred against me into our only other brother who's been resident outside the country for ages - they're closer in age than I am with them, and the guy abroad himself apparently had historical beef with me of which I was oblivious, until lately - so it was easy for him to believe the lies, misrepresentations and mischaracterizations.

Now that we've lost two siblings over the years, and our mum passed away more recently, you would have thought such experiences would bring us closer together, but rather it's torn us apart because of inheritance, greed and self-aggrandisement.

However, the situation pays him because - if we're not on terms it allows him to continue to run things without question, because the abroad guy doesn't really know what's up.

Enough said.

2 Likes

Education / Re: After having Said And Done, I Realized I Got 249 - Mmesoma Ejikeme by 1forall: 1:26am On Jul 06, 2023
Biodun556:
cool

Mmesoma Ejikeme's first choice is Unilag.

Her second choice is LASU

Her third choice is LASPOTECH

All these institutions are in Lagos.

She completely ignored all universities in Southeast.

She wants to study in an environment where there is no sit at home.

And so what? If it was you nko?
Politics / Re: Guinea Bissau President, Umaro Embaló Visits President Tinubu In Lagos by 1forall: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Crime Business partners
Travel / Re: Arise Interview: Hadi Sirika Lied About Air Peace - Management by 1forall: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
These are weighty. If so then the former minister should indeed be sued by the airline for slander, and made to pay a heavy fine for the damage done to their reputation.

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People by 1forall: 4:54am On May 13, 2023
OK so when are.they going to make a law outlawing racial discrimination? That has been an issue for generations that really needs to be dealt with. But NO, it's fat people that need legal protection from discrimination. LOL.

Bunch of hypocrites!!
Travel / Re: Heavy Rain, Traffic Responsible For Delay In Completion Of Lagos-ibadan Express by 1forall: 6:56pm On May 05, 2023
Just listen to this ridiculousness. Is it not the road works that caused the traffic?

So the traffic caused by the roadworks is now delaying the road works

Rain
Romance / Re: Campus Prostitution A Growing Concern In Nigeria by 1forall: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
No be today. The situation has been like that for decades and was called "aristo" in my campus days.

But nowadays with internet & social media, a wrecked economy, a bigger population and more moral decadence, it's become much easier to do for the females and much easier to access for the males, so it's become much more visible.

And It's not limited to school campuses alone now because, many hookup babes are not even students. Just check Instagram.

7 Likes

Agriculture / Assistant Operations Manager - Agribusiness by 1forall: 5:16am On Mar 08, 2023
Role Title: Assistant Manager
Job Type: Commodity Operations
Industry: Agribusiness – Shea nuts
Employment Type: Contract, full time
Term: 9 months, renewable
Salary: Attractive
Benefit: Accommodation, holidays
Reports To: Operations Manager

Objectives:
1. Assist the manager at every operational stage to procure the commodity and related services at the lowest possible rates
2. Interface with the vendor base for procurement, logistics & processing services while overseeing their activities from sourcing through supplies/sales, in order to provide the best value for money

Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management of field operations
• Implement a efficient commodity sourcing system
• Undertake market intelligence with a view to identifying supply and demand sources, trends and pricing
• Negotiate terms of procurement including quality, quantity, price and payment terms
• Provide periodic activity reports covering purchases, warehousing, processing, sales, balance stock & price trends
• Apply a stock monitoring procedure for the inbound/outbound movement of goods from warehouse with appropriate documentation
• Liaise with local authorities as appropriate for support and processing of documentation for commodity transactions and movements
• Maintain a database of identified business contacts including middlemen, agents, suppliers and logistics providers
• Oversee the maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
• Ensure security of warehouse environment and maintain access control
• Foster a result-oriented, accountable environment within the warehouse and in all related activities
• Discharge other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time

Basic requirements (All)
• Provable background (academic, vocational or experience) in Agribusiness or a related field, or a great reason why you want to do this
• Readiness to learn the ropes in a emerging sector and take on responsibility
• Willingness to relocate for the contract term
• Basic computer literacy
• Common sense

Desirable attributes
• Great communication skills, verbal/written
• Tangible interest/experience in Agribusiness
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Valid driver's license
• Adaptability
• Patience

To apply
Send an email expressing your interest to martins.bamgbose@limaninigeria.com

Deadline
Soon - apply now do not waste time.
Jobs/Vacancies / Assistant Operations Manager - Agribusiness by 1forall: 5:14am On Mar 08, 2023

Objectives:
1. Assist the manager at every operational stage to procure the commodity and related services at the lowest possible rates
2. Interface with the vendor base for procurement, logistics & processing services while overseeing their activities from sourcing through supplies/sales, in order to provide the best value for money

Responsibilities:
• Undertake market intelligence with a view to identifying supply and demand sources, trends and pricing
• Negotiate terms of procurement including quality, quantity, price and payment terms
• Provide periodic activity reports covering purchases, warehousing, processing, sales, balance stock & price trends
• Apply a stock monitoring procedure for the inbound/outbound movement of goods from warehouse with appropriate documentation
• Liaise with local authorities as appropriate for support and processing of documentation for commodity transactions and movements
• Maintain a database of identified business contacts including middlemen, agents, suppliers and logistics providers
• Foster a result-oriented, accountable environment within the warehouse and in all related activities

Basic requirements (All)
• Provable background (academic, vocational or experience) in Agribusiness or a related field, or a great reason why you want to do this
• Common sense

Desirable attributes
• Great communication skills, verbal and written
• Valid driver's license
• Adaptability
• Patience

To apply

Deadline
Career / Assistant Operations Manager - Agribusiness by 1forall: 5:08am On Mar 08, 2023

Objectives:
1. 1. Assist the manager at every operational stage to procure the commodity and related services at the cheapest possible rates

Responsibilities:

Basic requirements (All)
• Common sense

Desirable attributes
• Great communication skills, verbal and written
• Valid driver's license
• Adaptability
• Patience

To apply

Deadline

1 Like

Travel / Re: Trenches To Texas: A Story Of Courage And Perseverance Against Poverty by 1forall: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2023
247Hustler:
Getting a regular job, financing my education, and graduation

The same month, my uncle-in-law informed me about another job at a local brewery in their area. The company was into the brewing of alcoholic herbal mixtures. He introduced me to the manager and I resumed the following day. My job involved filling empty plastics with hot alcoholic mixtures, corcking, washing, labelling, packaging and arranging them in the store. The job had no fixed salary but the pay was according to how much an employee could work. Top employees who work there full-time usually made more than fifty thousand naira (#50,000) monthly. As for me, I didn’t have the strength, so I usually made about twenty to thirty thousand (#20,000 - 30,000) monthly during the break.

Now, this job was also very stressful but quite manageable when compared to the other one. Workers also enjoyed more freedom and autonomy here and the environment was always lively. The major problem here was that I often got intoxicated (99% of the time) during work due to the high ethanol (alcohol) content of the mixtures. It is funny to remember that I never tasted any of the mixtures even though I worked in the company for more than six months altogether. The second problem was that I often get hungry at work because of the alcohol content that I inhaled. As a result, a fair amount of my money was spent on food at work.

I did this job during all the long holidays, usually end-of-session breaks, while in school. This way, I was able to raise some of the money needed in the school for the new session. I also combined it with the little I can receive from my aunt before leaving for school.

Also worthy of note is the support from the friends I made in school. One of them specifically paid for my school fees in my penultimate and final years of university. May God bless you Kola. I also have another one that would cook and invite me to come and eat whenever I complained of hunger around him. Many thanks, Samuel. My third friend specifically introduced me to his family and that became my second house after school. Oluwaseun and his family are some of the kindest souls I have ever met. Lastly, remember the church member that brought food when I was admitted in the hospital? Yes, she always sent me a token every new session till I graduated.

In spite of all these, I maintained good grades in school and I was on first class from 100 level to 300 level. However, I didn't maintain it till graduation as I ended up with a second-class upper division, barely missing first class by 0.2. Sad embarassed

cry
Politics / Re: Nigeria Establishing Plants To Refine Gold, Other Minerals by 1forall: 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2022
Joke: The oil we have in abundance we cannot refine, but now we want to refine gold, gemstones and barite grin

Lies: “Nigeria imports baryte [sic] to the tune of 300 million dollars every year.”

$300m? What do we produce with it? grin
Career / Re: Is This what the young generation face in life? by 1forall: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Agriculture / Re: Shea Nut Farmer And Sellers by 1forall: 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
shalomtemmy:
Hello Nlanders,
Please where can I get shea nut in large quantities.
Contact and location.
Thank you

From me. Specify the desired quantity and frequency of demand. Saki, Oyo State.
Career / Re: Should I Accept The New Job Offer? by 1forall: 8:49am On May 06, 2022
That you're yet to start work and they're already displaying a lack of integrity over your pay is a red flag. Look well before you leap.

21 Likes

Politics / Re: Amaechi, Malami, Others Weigh Five Alternatives To Resignation by 1forall: 6:54pm On May 01, 2022
Government disrespecting its own laws.
Family / Re: Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats by 1forall: 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Blame her. She's the only person in the marriage.
What your point really? We should blame the husband whose side we haven't heard? Situations like this both parties will have their faults so she can't get a favourable assessment without the husband's side of the story.
Family / Re: Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats by 1forall: 12:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Blame her. She's the only person in the marriage.
Do you even know what blame means?
OK she can continue quarrelling and mouthing off no problem, maybe the situation will change magically, or something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.