Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi (2645 Views)

Prof. Pat Utomi Endorses Buhari For Presidency / Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by shift15(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Professor Pat Utomi seems not to be happy with the list of the people jostling for presidency under his party, All Progressive Congress (APC). Professor Utomi has described those jostling for Presidency in the forthcoming election as oblivious of the responsibilities of the power they are seeking. The erudite professor who is obviously referring to major contenders in the coming Presidential election however said he is cold toward 2015.

APC presidential list consist of former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Governors of Kano and Imo States, Alhaji Musa Kwankwaso and Chief Rochas Okorocha, a publisher, Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah and new entrant into the race, Speaker of House of Representatives; Hon. Aminu Tambuwal.

Prof. Utomi said in a tweet that ‘one reason I am so cold towards 2015 is that the political class seem so list full for power they are oblivious’

Prof. Utomi who is known for his vibrant contribution to political discourse was presidential aspirant of Social Democratic Mega Party in 2011 and currently a member of All Progressive Congress.

http://believeafrica.net/why-i-am-cold-toward-buhari-and-others-prof-pat-utomi-p355-114.htm

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
How about the rumour then of him contesting for the Delta State governorship seat? Has Prof withdrawn from the race?
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Goddex: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
Apart from Tambuwal and Atiku, the rest are unintelligent do-nothing dimwits

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
I prefer Atiku to all the presidential aspirants even Jonathan self.

My dad wont stop voting Buhari though, just called him on phone today and he still maintain his stance.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by donphilopus: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

My dad wont stop voting Buhari though, just called him on phone today and he still maintain his stance.

God bless him.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

It shall be well your Dad!!

He obviously knows and has seen a lot about the country Nigeria and the people who have led it

Yet he has chosen to stand with his conscience just like many of us who have refused to believed the massive lies and propaganda against Gen Buhari by the cabals who have held Nigeria down.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by LFJ: 12:30am On Nov 17, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

Your Dad understand how fast corruption can destroy a nation. While u decided to support a man who promote corruption, your dad sees honor in supporting a credible man who is ready to fight corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by donmalcolm21(m): 12:33am On Nov 17, 2014
T
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by binie: 1:05am On Nov 17, 2014
Please Nigerians, lets all go out and Vote Vincent Enyeama right now for the BBC African Footballer of the year... with just 2 clicks. He deserves it. http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/african/afoty-vote/2014-nojs
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Obipat(m): 5:14am On Nov 17, 2014
APC pls give Buhari the ticket. I am begining to hate tinubu for his gang up with tambuwa. SAI GMB

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 17, 2014
I was still a toddler when Buhari was ruling so i didnt know much about him but my dad say he remain the best, my problem is that he is old and since he was overthrown in more than 3decades ago he didnt enrolled into a degree program like Yakubu or OBJ to step up the notch and project him as someone who is not just a militart spentforce but an intelligent scholar and seeker of knowledge.
He just relax without any cert or qualification to spice up his CV, always expecting to win without countrywide campaign and some sorts.

Buhari would have gotten some degrees, local or international, his military background need to be balanced with some personal civilian achievements.
This is 21st century and many people esp we youth need someone that is presidential not just a president.

On Atiku even when the guy was still VP i cant stop admiring him, i just like his person, he has national appeal and charisma, he could be corrupt yes but nobody is a saint.

LFJ:

Your Dad understand how fast corruption can destroy a nation. While u decided to support a man who promote corruption, your dad sees honor in supporting a credible man who is ready to fight corruption.
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 17, 2014
Just don't why,I kind of prefer APC to PDP..

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by omenka(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2014
al.

Prof. Utomi said in a tweet that ‘one reason I am
so cold towards 2015 is that the political class
seem so list full for power they are oblivious’
One can clearly see how useless come media houses could be. The prof said he's cold towards "2015" (ie the elections) and the writer says "towards Buhari and others".

Wish some guy could just have the time to charge one of these nonentities to court one day.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by omoalaro: 7:10am On Nov 17, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

That is why your dad is an elder, what elders see while sitting down, children may not see even if they climb to the the top of an iroko tree. God bless your dad.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Alxmyr(m): 9:43am On Nov 17, 2014
omoalaro:

That is why your dad is an elder, what elders see while sitting down, children may not see even if they climb to the the top of an iroko tree. God bless your dad.

His dad is one of those deceiving old man Buhari with a blind ambition. There's nothing to see sitting down.
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Alxmyr(m): 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Goddex:

Atiku is the best man in APC.
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by iluvnaija: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
I was still a toddler when Buhari was ruling so i didnt know much about him but my dad say he remain the best, my problem is that he is old and since he was overthrown in more than 3decades ago he didnt enrolled into a degree program like Yakubu or OBJ to step up the notch and project him as someone who is not just a militart spentforce but an intelligent scholar and seeker of knowledge.
He just relax without any cert or qualification to spice up his CV, always expecting to win without countrywide campaign and some sorts.

Buhari would have gotten some degrees, local or international, his military background need to be balanced with some personal civilian achievements.
This is 21st century and many people esp we youth need someone that is presidential not just a president.

On Atiku even when the guy was still VP i cant stop admiring him, i just like his person, he has national appeal and charisma, he could be corrupt yes but nobody is a saint.

This unbiased video will explain the candidates, their past and present and you will be amazed with what you'll hear. The facts are verifiable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuORqAQ4j_o
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 18, 2014
Serious, my dad is in his late sixties while am in my early thirties, we are generations apart and we need to see things differently.

My dad dnt know about greenhouse effect,he listen to VOA,BBC,FRCN and watch PDP lies and falsehoods on NTA,he has neither FB nor Twitter handle, he dont even count tourism as a serious business but i do.

My dad need who will lock up all these corrupt guys in the cell and drop the keys in the ocean but am seeing beyond that because Nigeria will just be an empty streets without vehicles but Okada, Keke and pedestrians.

I need president that will tap into tourisms, sports business, reduce too much concentration of power on the centre, embark on constituional reforms that will give soveignty to the people.

I need a president that will make it possible for people to rise up against the government when they are being neglected,

I just want a president that understood 21st century challenges and how to tackles them, a president that will invest in science and technology, education, sustainable developmental projects.

Those are where i dont buy dad's support of these recycled old man.

Alxmyr:

His dad is one of those deceiving old man Buhari with a blind ambition. There's nothing to see sitting down.
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by masamari(m): 12:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Goddex:
Can you kindly juxtapose those quantums you've used to measured up your level of intelligency? Fools! If village boy like you thinks this reputable forum is a venue to sprout shit instead of enlighten ourselves on how to soar brighter then I will stop coming here. Wait oh what does PhD has to do with good leadership?
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by erayo2GCA(m): 12:35am On Nov 18, 2014
APC pls give buhari this tin
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Fweshdude(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
donphilopus:

God bless him.
And bless you too.

Nigeria needs alittle taste of #BUHARISM once again.

#TeamGMB

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by Fweshdude(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
masamari:

Can you kindly juxtapose those quantums you've used to measured up your level of intelligency? Fools! If village boy like you thinks this reputable forum is a venue to sprout shit instead of enlighten ourselves on how to soar brighter then I will stop coming here. Wait oh what does PhD has to do with good leadership?
Take it easy on the kid.
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

what an elder sees while sitting, even if you go top of Mt everest, u wouldn't still see it...you think your father doesn't know what he sees in GMB, that he continuously votes for him undecided
Re: Why I Am Cold Toward Buhari and Others- Prof. Pat Utomi by jahsharon: 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
OkijaAmaka:

That is why he is your dad. What he is seeing from where he is lying on his bed, you cannot see it even if you are looking from an helicopter window 1000 feet up in the sky. If Buhari is not contesting, then I am not voting.

(1) (Reply)

This Why Northern Nigeria Is Born To Rule And Dominate Other Nigerians(1) / Somebody Should Please Interpret Gej's Body Language In This (photo) / The Rwanda Civil War Started With A Radio Broadcast - NTA/AIT take Note!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.