Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Speaker Suspends Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Speaker Suspends Presidential Ambition (443 Views)

I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu / Buhari, Tinubu Drop Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Speaker Suspends Presidential Ambition by Elose11(m): 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal on Tuesday announced the jettisoning of his earlier stated political ambition to contest for the presidency of the country, citing personal reasons of ‘sacrifice’ and his decision to avoid seeking any political office.

This was contained in a speech by the Speaker titled: “My Political Future, By Tambuwal”, circulated to journalists by his spokesperson, Imam Imam.

According to him, he reached the decision to distance himself from politics after concluding wider consultations with elders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and taking into consideration the vastness of the country’s political space.

“Having consulted widely, taking into consideration the concerns of some elders of the party, I have decided to suspend my participation in the presidential contest for now. I have done so as a sacrifice for the cohesion and unity of the APC. I am suspending my participation in the presidential race for now because I do not have any inordinate ambition to occupy any office. Nigeria is a country too great to sacrifice on the altar of partisan politics and personal ambition. What any one becomes in life is exclusively in the hands of God. Only God gives power to whoever he pleases,” said Tambuwal.

Tracing the evolution of his recent political forages to Friday the 14th of November,2014 when a group of his colleagues of presented him an Expression of Interest and Nomination forms to participate in the presidential primaries of the APC , he handed down his verdict that: his “entry into the presidential race at this point may necessitate having to rework some equations on the political chessboard of the party.”
Instead of pursuing his ambition, he pledged to General Muhammadu Buhari, Alh Atiku Abubakar, Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Governor Rochas Okorocha and Mr Sam Ndah- Isaiah, all of who he described as “eminently qualified” to run for the position of president.

He said although he is “fully prepared, ready, willing, determined, available and armed with the requisite plans, programs and ability, to undertake the great mission of rescuing our dear country from the clutches of institutionalized corruption, gross incompetence, greed and divisiveness”; and many others, he will plough his energy into supporting the APC.
“ I am convinced that with the progressive spirit and teamwork these objectives are attainable under an All Progressive Congress ( APC ) administration.

”I came into the APC to enhance and build, Therefore in the interest of our great party the APC and indeed in the overriding national interest I wish to appeal to all my associates, colleagues, supporters, admirers and friends nationwide to show some understanding. It has not been easy coming to this decision and I very well understand the frustration, disappointment and disbelief of many who have committed so much to the project including sacrificing not only their physical, financial and intellectual resources but indeed their personal ambitions in the 2015 electoral contest.

Has he given up so soon? Is he not seeking elective office in 2015? Questions begging for answer.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Speaker Suspends Presidential Ambition by roigr2012: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wow! I don't like the sound of this. Thought Tambuwal would usher in the difference, we really desire for this country.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Speaker Suspends Presidential Ambition by IGBOSON1: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thread title should have been: Speaker finally wakes up! lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Pa Ayo Vs The Sultan / Obasanjo Says Jonathan's “evil” Actions Destroying Nigerian Democracy / Okorocha: PDP Is Fanning Embers Of Division Among Ethnic Nationalities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.