Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) (1115 Views)

Sure-p Is Working : Road Trip Abuja - Lokoja / SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate / Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Louis88: 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
I recently put up a topic on the SURE-P intervention in our roads and bridges and how far they've come with pictorial evidences that have dates on them,
This effort is put in in order to forestall the presumption that they were fabricated,and also all in an effort to enlighten those that may not have access to such information,and also for the gullible ones out there that have refused to see the light in the darkness.

In that same vein i have decided to also beam the search light on the intervention of the SURE-P in the area of Maternal and Child Healthcare(MCH).

Now what has been done here by SURE-P includes the employment of midwives to set up mobile centers in rural areas to check on pregnant women,provision of medical advice and counseling on all they need to know to ensure a safe pregnancy and delivery,so as to reduce on the mother/infant mortality rate.

Then also is the introduction of what is called Conditional Cash Transfers(CCT) which was done in collaboration with UBA Bank to ensure transparency in the exercise with its main purpose being to provide funds for indigent patients to be able to access treatments and drugs in SURE-P/CCT designated health centers.

Also the organization of sensitization tours with medical personnel,in order to enlighten those living in the rural areas especially those whom ordinarily would not have access to such information on expected medical issues that arise in infancy stage and the processes to follow to seek medical assistance in such cases.

All these programmes and many more i didn't mention have been rolled out and financed under SURE-P, so i guess i can confidently say that SURE-P is working.

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by davitogreat(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for the information thread starter.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Louis88: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
Reaching out to women in the rural areas SURE-P is working
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Zutchy: 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
I have a friend who works for SureP on MCH/CCT programme.
He told me the project is massive and carefully designed to reach across to the indigent. He said SURE P copied the model from USA but has domesticated it in Nigeria to suit our own peculiarities.
I wish them well in its implementation.

3 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Dollarman101: 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
As usual, haters of President GEJ would avoid thus thread like a plague cheesy
Carry go GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Mekusnwa: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
Zutchy:
He told me the project is massive and carefully designed to reach across to the indigent. He said SURE P copied the model from USA but has domesticated it in Nigeria to suit our own peculiarities.

Extend my gratitude to your friend. My aunty benefited from SURE P CCT at Dei Dei Health centre Abuja.
It was through her I got to know that such programme exist to help people pay for their medical bills. I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Mallamabdul: 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
Zutchy:

O boy, your friend don hammer! It's a good one from SURE P nevertheless.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
This is govt that has touched the lives of millions of Nigerians directly in spite of the boko haram distraction. Everyday, along the express, I see youths with sure p vest doing sanitation for which they are paid monthly stipends. Sure up is surely working

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by rozayx5(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
This is govt that has touched the lives of millions of Nigerians directly in spite of the boko haram distraction. Everyday, along the express, I see youths with sure p vest doing sanitation for which they are paid monthly stipends. Sure up is surely working

the completed section of the east west road from Eket to Eleme has SURE-P signboards, nice to know they contributed to the completion of the project
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Maduale: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
@op,
Thanks for releasing this information to the public. But it appears many people are not aware of this programme and how it works. This govt has actually done a lot but it appears there is a big communication gap between the people and government.
Conscious efforts should be made to sensitise the public on such programmes so that they can participate.
It's very necessary.

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Arobam: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
GEJ is a silent achiever. He is doing much with SURE P on ground than is reported by the press.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Bukkyade: 4:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Louis88:

In that same vein i have decided to also beam the search light on the intervention of the SURE-P in the area of Maternal and Child Healthcare(MCH).

Now what has been done here by SURE-P includes the employment of midwives to set up mobile centers in rural areas to check on pregnant women,provision of medical advice and counseling on all they need to know to ensure a safe pregnancy and delivery,so as to reduce on the mother/infant mortality rate.

Then also is the introduction of what is called Conditional Cash Transfers(CCT) which was done in collaboration with UBA Bank to ensure transparency in the exercise with its main purpose being to provide funds for indigent patients to be able to access treatments and drugs in SURE-P/CCT designated health centers.

Also the organization of sensitization tours with medical personnel,in order to enlighten those living in the rural areas especially those whom ordinarily would not have access to such information on expected medical issues that arise in infancy stage and the processes to follow to seek medical assistance in such cases.

As a woman, I'm deeply concerned about issues that bother on Maternal and child health care. Every serious government must evolve practical steps to curb infant mortality and ensure that poor people have quality access to pre natal and post natal health care.
I must commend this initiative by SURE P to look in this direction. Most govt interventionist agencies ignore this area thereby leaving it solely in the hands of Ministry of Health and related agencies.
This approach by SURE P will increase funding and help ameliorate the hardships that poor women experience in Nigeria. I hope SURE P will be able sustain the programme.

3 Likes

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Mandelaguy(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
It appears SURE P is intervening in every sector in Nigeria. I thought it was only about railways & roads initially.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by uzomagic(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Mr OP, Please where are the designated centers?

1 Like

Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by divatosin(f): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bukkyade:

As a woman, I'm deeply concerned about issues that bother on Maternal and child health care. Every serious government must evolve practical steps to curb infant mortality and ensure that poor people have quality access to pre natal and post natal health care.
I must commend this initiative by SURE P to look in this direction. Most govt interventionist agencies ignore this area thereby leaving it solely in the hands of Ministry of Health and related agencies.
This approach by SURE P will increase funding and help ameliorate the hardships that poor women experience in Nigeria. I hope SURE P will be able sustain the programme.

Well said. You took the words out of my mouth. Can't add any more.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by ubandire(m): 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
Maduale:
@op,
Thanks for releasing this information to the public. But it appears many people are not aware of this programme and how it works. This govt has actually done a lot but it appears there is a big communication gap between the people and government.
Conscious efforts should be made to sensitise the public on such programmes so that they can participate.
It's very necessary.

I think that is the bane of this administration. They have done a lot but it is largely under reported.
Jonathan is the most under rated President in our history.
Re: Sure-p Is Working(intervention In Maternal Child Healthcare) by Louis88: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
uzomagic:
Mr OP, Please where are the designated centers?

Which area do you live so I can give you the location?

(1) (Reply)

Defend Yourself Or Be Slaughtered Like Goats, JNI Urges Muslims / Nigerian Politicians And Their Catch Phrases. / Nigeria To Buy Russian Fighter Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.