Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,695 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. (692 Views)

Christine Lagarde With Nigerian Children In New Photo / Why I Did Not Submit My Certificates To INEC – Buhari / 15 'Born Again Christians' Return Certificates To WAEC For Cheating During Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. by ZUBY77(m): 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Cameroonian authorities have issued birth certificates to more than 235 children born to refugees at the United Nations Camp in Zamay near Maroua in Cameroon.

However it was not clear if the children were given Nigerian birth certificates or they are to enjoy Cameroonian citizenship.

Executive Director of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, quoting sources in the camp, said the refugees had been in the Cameroonian camp since July, 2013.

He regretted that the activities of Boko Haram have continued to deny future Nigerians of their rightful citizenship.

Lipdo said, “Today, November 18, Cameroonian authorities issued birth certificates to 235 children born to Nigerian refugees at the UN Camp in Zamay near Maroua in Cameroon since July 2, 2013.

“It is unfortunate that as long as Boko Haram prevails, these generation of Nigerians may never get to know the benefit of their ancestral home.”
Re: Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Very sad and shameful indeed.
Re: Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. by holatin(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
dat goose...
Re: Cameroon Issues Birth Certificates To Nigerian Children. by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 19, 2014
I just hope this won't happen to my kids

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti The Fountain Of Knowledge Or Ekiti The Stomach Infratructure State / Reps Scaled Fence To Save Democracy – APC / Alaafin Of Oyo Storms Aregbesola 2nd Term Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.