Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba (1036 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Our Biggest Mistake Was To Appoint Fani- Kayode As Jonathan’s Campaign Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2014
Nigerians Are educated Illiterates

i wish to apologise to all Nigerians who may get offense at my uncultured use of such English Phrase; However i do not understand how we sincerely hope and expect a free, fair and credible election in Nigeria? When the Presidency have the power to appoint the INEC chairman?

I also do not understand how we expect a free, fair and credible election in this country when INEC is being financially funded by the Federal Government( Presidency?

Nigeria National Assembly members and senators are Educated Illiterates and Profitable Sleepers!

Once again i which to apologise to our honourabel House of Rep members and Senators; However why on earth have they not amend this portion of the constitution which grant such powers to the Presidency since 1999- Date? They are suppose to push forward for People Oriented Bills .

Such powers of Mr Presidency to appoint INEC boss ridicles Nigeria Democracy and reduce it to nothing but Military Rules in Civilian apparition.
This is the reason why the Ruling Party will never loss any election in Nigeria. He who pays the pipers dictates the tune!

The Way forward

The National Assembly and the senate must amend the Nigeria constitution, the power to appoint INEC Boss must be vested in the House of Rep and the senate chamber working closely with the Judiciary arm of Government.

The Federal Government( Presidency) also must be stopped from funding INEC.
The source of INEC Funding must come Directly from the EXTERNAL RESERVE with the power to make withdrawals inconjucntion with the CBN after the approval and signatory of the House of Rep and the senate chambers.

Ifeduba ThankGod T ( Aguiyi na Ozubulu)

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by holatin(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
sort of word
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
So Technically INEC funding should not be included in the annual Budget of the Federal Government.

Inec funding should come directly from the Nigeria EXTERNAL RESERVE.
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
So Technically INEC funding should not be included in the annual Budget of the Federal Government.

Inec funding should come directly from the Nigeria EXTERNAL RESERVE. With the power to make withdrawal without the Presidential signatory or approval but rather the House of Rep and Senate chamber.
That is the only way Nigeria can ever achieve a free, fair and credible election . If not the ruling party will never loss any election in this country and it will be buisness as usual

MOCKERY OF DEMOCRACY
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tobtap: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
kinda make sense to me
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by arsetalks(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

Inec funding should come directly from the Nigeria EXTERNAL RESERVE.

Why should INEC's funding not be part of the budget? Is that what's obtainable in other nations? Just so the electoral body is independent, it should be starved of funds?
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
arsetalks:
Why should INEC's funding not be part of the budget? Is that what's obtainable in other nations? Just so the electoral body is independent, it should be starved of funds?

it will not be starved of fund when you removed it from the annual budget of the federal Goverment. It will have more fund and become Financially independent because it will draw unlimited funds from the NIGERIA EXTERNAL RESERVE which stands at TRILLIONS OF NAIRA currently
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by blackfase(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Its a no brainer really. I have often times wondered how such arrangement can be allowed in a perfidious society & democracy we kidding ourselves we are operating. Nigerians are not just serious about anything. This alone calls for a mass protest on its own. Any wonder we just few months to a GE & INEC is as confused & in disarray as ever. Leprous fingers of powers that be at work? Think so if you ask me....
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by arsetalks(m): 1:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

it will not be starved of fund when you removed it from the annual budget of the federal Goverment. It will have more fund and become Financially independent because it will draw unlimited funds from the NIGERIA EXTERNAL RESERVE which stands at TRILLIONS OF NAIRA currently
You educated me there. Thanks.
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by myola777(m): 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

i wish to apologise to all Nigerians who may get offense at my uncultured use of such English Phrase; However i do not understand how we sincerely hope and expect a free, fair and credible election in Nigeria? When the Presidency have the power to appoint the INEC chairman?

I also do not understand how we expect a free, fair and credible election in this country when INEC is being financially funded by the Federal Government( Presidency?

Nigeria National Assembly members and senators are Educated Illiterates and Profitable Sleepers!

Once again i which to apologise to our honourabel House of Rep members and Senators; However why on earth have they not amend this portion of the constitution which grant such powers to the Presidency since 1999- Date? They are suppose to push forward for People Oriented Bills .

Such powers of Mr Presidency to appoint INEC boss ridicles Nigeria Democracy and reduce it to nothing but Military Rules in Civilian apparition.
This is the reason why the Ruling Party will never loss any election in Nigeria. He who pays the pipers dictates the tune!

The Way forward

The National Assembly and the senate must amend the Nigeria constitution, the power to appoint INEC Boss must be vested in the House of Rep and the senate chamber working closely with the Judiciary arm of Government.

The source of INEC Funding must come Directly from the EXTERNAL RESERVE with the power to make withdrawals inconjucntion with the CBN after the approval and signatory of the House of Rep and the senate chambers.

Hmn! who is going to correct this now? in as much as this policy is still continuing, oppositional parties should just forget to rule this country.
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by Kagarko(m): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
tochukwuifeduba:

The Way forward

I concour 100% and I seconded the motion
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

The Way forward

Mr man, stop spreading falsehood. Inec chairman is not chosen by the president.
Re: 2015: Remove The Power Of The Presidency To Appoint INEC Chairman-ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
chuna1985:

Mr man, stop spreading falsehood. Inec chairman is not chosen by the president.

disclaimer

who carry this news come for political section? Nah November last year i post am ooh nobi today abeg

(1) (Reply)

Why I Will Not Vote In 2015 / Changing The Name Nigeria / VERY SAD: The Scourge & Tears Nigerians Endure - GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.