Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

“how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo (33365 Views)

''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) / How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

“how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by timmilehin(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Senator Jim Nwobodo yesterday narrated how his son, Dr.
Ifeanyichukwu Nwobodo jnr died following the alleged negligence of
a doctor.

TheNation reports Nwobodo said his son was cured at the Anderson
Medical Cancer Centre in Houston, Texas, United States. That
Ifeanyichukwu was asked to stay longer in the U.S. but he wanted
to return because he was feeling homesick.
The former governor of the old Anambra State said his son
developed pains in the legs and he was taken to a consultant
oncologist at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH),
Enugu.

He added that the doctor, instead of taking him to the teaching
hospital, which had facilities for emergency, referred his son to his
private clinic. According to Nwobodo, the injection administered on
his son led to complications.

The senator spoke yesterday when Abia State Governor Theodore
Orji visited him in Enugu. Nwobodo said the doctor tried to rush his
son to Niger Foundation Hospital, but he died on the way.
He said:
“My son was ill for five months before I knew about it and we were
planning to go to India before we took him to the U.S. He was given
a visa for two years because the cancer was at stage four, but they
treated him. When he came back, his leg started to swell and he
thought he should see a doctor and I advised him to see the best
oncologist. It took us three weeks to see the doctor.

Ön Friday – I was speaking with him three times a day – and he
was to see the doctor by 5pm and between 5:30 and 6pm, I called
him and he said he was with the doctor. I requested to speak with
the doctor but he said he was busy but instead of the doctor taking
him to UNTH, he took him to his private clinic, where he had no
equipment, no facility at all. I called him again and when I didn’t
hear from him I sent him text and I asked the doctor to tell me why
he gave my son injection that made him unconscious, he said he
was sorry and that he was trying to resuscitate him.

I spoke with him by 6:30pm and by 7 pm he was dead. It is painful
because this is something that would have been averted and I can’t
understand why a dean of Department of Medicine should leave the
hospital where he has all the equipment to go to his private clinic
and I believe that is how some other people die.”
http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/how-nigerian-doctor-killed-my-son-senjim-nwobodo

www.rockcitygist.com/how-enugu-doctor-killed-my-son-senator-jim-nwobodo/

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by pring: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Really

2 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Jelo4kul(m): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Sorry. But you now know what it feels like to have all the money and still lose ur loved one. Some people do not have all that money. That tells you money ain't everything!!! RIP to your son wherever he is, I sacrifice my already prepared Ftc things again. DANCING UNCLAD ONTOP TRANSFORMER for your son. RIP brother. RIP buddy. till we meet in heaven. Nairalanders salute you.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by TDstarr: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2014
praisssee d lord second ,hhehhhh
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Sorry. You have also experienced the challenges we ordinary citizens face daily.
God bless the dead.

For example;
You get shot unjustly and you are taken to the police station without the bullet removed. You may spend weeks there cleaning your wound by the police nurse and you may lose the leg.
You get to a hospital and you are not attended too because you don't have cash.
You may also get to a hospital and the doctors shout at you or do not take proper care of you because they feel you are a nobody.
Ordinary citizens are really suffering. Most especially in the rural areas where there are bad roads for ambulances to take the sick to the hospital.
No electricity etc.
I also remember a family of mine was operated without electricity at a critical situation without proper equipments just to save her life.

Dear senator, I feel for you but more strongly I feel for the poor people who die daily because of this so called negligence by the government, the hospitals and the ministry of health.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by MizTyna(f): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2014
This is very saddening
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by thiefnubu(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2014
Since I am on frontage, I am seriosly tempted to say something stupid and 'witty'.... But

sad with a great sense of sadness , I dedicate this my frontpage space to the dead dude

RIP TO THE DEAD

12 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by curiouslad(m): 10:29am On Nov 20, 2014
RIp to the dead.

Build our hospitals? Mba!

14 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by dstnd: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2014
The evil datt men do will. Surely live. And catch up with dem

3 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Donsheddy: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Na wa o. Al dix doctor self. FP.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by WASMOG(m): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2014
From Nigeria to US from US to India back to Nigeria and yet he died just believe on destiny money cant buy life when God say time is up.

3 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by pekeyim: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Oh sorry y'all wrong thread
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by powerblaze(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
SAd cry

The rich also cry

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Bsc(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Eyaaaaaaaaah poor pple also die...but d case is never newsy ...I hope ur cry won't turn comedy to ur follow politicians... Now d case of ur son will b a reference in d house during debate.. May he's soul rest in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Your son killed himself. Why didn't he rest in the United States, where he was cured earlier and asked to rest? He rather chose to come back to Nigeria because he was "homesick."
Take heart. May the dead rest in peace.

6 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by HonourablePomk: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
ok
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Mordyb: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Someone has to go for this after due investigations which the senator can afford.
this is why i can't trust doctors in government hospitals that spend most times in the private clinics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by hassymo5(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Sue him for court,, thats what Americans do...and others will learn from it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by kwencypresh(f): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2014
eeyaaaa take hrt
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by simp: 10:34am On Nov 20, 2014
May God help us in this country.Do you know how many poor and voiceless die everyday due to hospital staffs negligence which go unmentioned and unnoticed.Now, one of the powerful is feeling the heat and the governor and the whole world is giving a listening ear.Take heart Sir.A lesson for the ones in power as we speak may be they can learn one or two things form this.May God forgive your son and may his soul rest in peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Francon(f): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2014
Charge dat modafucker to court and seize his license. This is very unprofessional. .. haba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by TDonald: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2014
OK ooo

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Philipvivson(m): 10:35am On Nov 20, 2014
So how can we help?
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Onpe - who cares
Rich man pikkin don die bcz of negligence of doctors now it becomes news, did u know how many of poor man pikkin that die bcz of that
Now you cries cheesy grin ;P

7 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by teamlee: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2014
rip
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by fr3do(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2014
#sighs#
why wont they be coming to france where I school to seek medical attention, if things like this happen back home?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? / Policeman Dies After Complaining Of Headache. Photos / Mexican Woman Cut Open By Assailants Who Stole Her Unborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.