Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

“how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo (33384 Views)

''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) / How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan / Ebola: Jim Iyke Flees Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by NWANICHODE: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
My question to the op- you knew the way to US but you don't know the road to UNTH that is why you were waiting for the doctor to do that for you? Please stop misleading Nigerians. If you think that you have a point , go to court.

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by confun: 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Mbediogu:

More people die as result of populace neglect by government and state officials than from doctors neglect. Check out accidents from bad roads, diseases from poor water supply, suffocation from genset fume, and death from insecurity such as armed robbery and insurgence -BH. His case is an exception, that is why it made news. Road accidents and cholera no longer make news.
I am surprised that a former governor and senator who has always been in corridors of power in his attempt to rope in doctors indirectly spoke ill of his dead son who is also a doctor. Doctors of recent have become punch bags for every ill including STAGE 4 MALIGNANCY. May the gentle departed doctor pray for his living colleagues as he rests in peace free from castigation, Joasu et all.
so d dead son was also a doctor...dts serious?and he had to wait till d cancer got to stage 4 .....na wa o
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by delishpot: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
At least they will know how the ordinary man is living from day to day now in Nigerian hospitals.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by afrikanns: 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
In my own opinion, what goes around comes around mr. senator,exactly what ordinary people experienced daily.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by lonelydora: 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
You are having a taste of the bitter pill which you are among the people who prepared it for ordinary Nigerians. RIP to the dead.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by sunnyprof: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2014
As much as I wish the Nwobodos my condolence, yet I just wish to say it should not be special news. The cock has come home to roast and its also a case of what goes around, comes around.

If all the ex-governors and ex-presidents or ex-health ministers (a good number from the east) had done their only job of providing facilities and render services for the benefit of the people in genral, it would have benefited their family too. They always think of ensuring the health of their families abroad and leave the masses to linger in want, unknown to them that it will reach them at the same corner to their homes to linger in wrath also.

The chicken must always come home to roast (even if it is until xmas. many fowls might have died within the year, xmas is also not the end of the year. so they all died in the YEAR)
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by raphy(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
dr sick dr cant heal himself dr travel to usa and india then dr came bck to naija come die.....na wa oo dr knew he will still die that's why he rush back home .,its part of d deal his parents sign to be senior citizen in d country.so R.I.P
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by sunnyprof: 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
have you noticed that God had turned it around such that it is the relations of the rich and mighty who become a saqcrifice before things get better?

Nwobodo's son (first son, heir apparent) now died, will make the UNTH Porvost and Doctors to sit up. Good for the masses.

Mama Patie's foster mother had to die on Isiokpo road before that portion of the road was finally completed. Good ride for us from Elele to Airport. Also, the Eleme-Refinary-Okrika road and in-town polos potholes were filled and new tarred road everywhere. Wakri-Kesse!!!

Former Senate president Pius Anyim (now SFG) died sequel to an episode related to Kerosine scarcity some years ago, just after Kerosine retail price was increased. After that, coincidentally anyway, Kero-direct initiative came up.

I took the death of Gen Azazi for his village to be prepared presentable, where he had no house.

It took the effort of BOKOHARAM to push our Leaders to think of getting relevant and up-to-date security surveillance and military equipment, with all these years of heavy military and security budgets that never get returns to the federal purse.

It is when BH conquered the CDS's village that the army woke up to push back the insurgents.

It was when a lawmaker's son of Motorcycle accident that 'Okada' was banned in Bayelsa.

Enugu banned high jack bike because the 'Boys' can rob the GRA and escape despite their special police post and Bakassi 'militia' that guards them, where what the other police post does was to molest innocent people.

Sometimes, I start to wonder that may we need to pray for calamities to befall our Rich and Mighty, so that we can start to enjoy the dividend of Democracy. Abi wetin I talk?

RUBBISH, IDIOTIC, STUPID .....Whatever you like term it, but that is the result of my own research...We now have a prayer point somehow.

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by sunnyprof: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
SorryPius Anyim's mother, not the SGF himself. Apologies.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by fabela(f): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dont complain cos dats the result of refusing ppl hu really merit t the job oportunuity because they dont have moni to sort...if every other thing shud be done based on money shud medical doctas too be employed based on moni...greed has made u ppl so unreasonable...asha said t,if u walk in the market dont throw stones cos it might hit one of ur own....
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Bwahaha... Now he is blaming the doctors. Hahaha... When you are told to fix the Nigerian infrastructure you would think it is not worth it because it's mostly accessed by the poor. Boring senate!

It is time the developed nations place embargo on Nigerian leaders and their families from going to West for medical treatments.

Maybe the government would pay attention to the health sector this time around.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by imanuel5959: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pls senator stop whipping up sentiments unnecessarily, if u suspect the doctor had done anything wrong sue him/her to court or mdcn disciplinary tribunal.
Hana u are too old, educated, connected, etc for this cheap talk.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by echarlz(m): 1:02am On Nov 21, 2014
Condolences to Ur family senator. Did U just blame the death of Ur son with stage 4 cancer on that doc? Can U reveal all U were told at the US hospital upon his discharge? Did U have to wait for 3 weeks to see that same doc when U could have flown him back to US or India over that period? Have U reported this doc to the MDCN and allow the law take its course so he can be punished accordingly? There just too many posers for U sir. Trial of the doc on the pages of newspaper is denigrating him and his profession. Your early grief reaction may explain but can never justify this. It is very doubtful that a doc's negligence is the cause of death in a patient with stage 4 cancer for those who know what that means

2 Likes

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by BraniacX(m): 2:58am On Nov 21, 2014
NairaMode:
Sorry. You have also experienced the challenges we ordinary citizens face daily.
God bless the dead.

For example;
You get shot unjustly and you are taken to the police station without the bullet removed. You may spend weeks there cleaning your wound by the police nurse and you may lose the leg.
You get to a hospital and you are not attended too because you don't have cash.
You may also get to a hospital and the doctors shout at you or do not take proper care of you because they feel you are a nobody.
Ordinary citizens are really suffering. Most especially in the rural areas where there are bad roads for ambulances to take the sick to the hospital.
No electricity etc.
I also remember a family of mine was operated without electricity at a critical situation without proper equipments just to save her life.

Dear senator, I feel for you but more strongly I feel for the poor people who die daily because of this so called negligence by the government, the hospitals and the ministry of health.

The issue here is how Nigerian doctors callously waste human lives on the altar of greed and also due to unprofessionalism this has nothing to do with the government so let's call a spade a spade.
Did the government tell the doctor to divert patients to his ill equipped hospital ? Why must you always blame the government or didn't you read through the article well enough to understand that the government hospital (UNTH) had the facilities that would have saved the young mans life? But instead the doctor diverted him to his own hospital for financial gain just as they divert drugs and other supplies they can get away with to their own private facilities.
This is a classic example of unethical and unprofessional conduct and as usual, you blame the government instead of the criminal doctor or have you all forgotten how Gani fawehimi died? [I]Or are you waiting until someone you know or love is killed by a Nigerian doctor before you start holding doctors to account?[/i]
The law allows us to hold them to account for your information and doctors are not tin gods so unless you start exercising your rights to proper, professional and competent healthcare, you'll all continue dying like chickens
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by BraniacX(m): 3:26am On Nov 21, 2014
doxime:
This old man is talking bul.shit.
Is it the doctor's responsibilty to take your son to UNTH or he doesn't know the road to UNTH.
i know that most of these politicians if and when they decide to patronize our health care, usually seek for the best and would prefer to be treated privately by the doctor.

Bullshyte u say
Right!!!!!!
Did you notice that the said doctor was the consultant oncologist at UNTH? i.e authority on all matters relating to cancer? So if he refers him to his own less equipped hospital, who is he to say no? Afterall, the doctor was supposedly giving him (the deceased) sound and ethical medical advice devoid of personal profit with the patients health being the only factor being considered here............only, that wasn't the case and now, the young man is dead.
If you make an argument for the patient being an end stage cancer patient, i'll be more inclined to listen to you and ask the oncologist for his own side of the story and also request that the patient's medical records be produced so we can analyse the actions of the oncologist up to the moment the young man died in his hospital so that we'll know if or not he is culpable in his death as is only fair i think because this may save other peoples lives and/or make or mar this oncologists career.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by BraniacX(m): 3:41am On Nov 21, 2014
kayciano:
D Doctor is never culpable until proven otherwise..
1)we need to hear from the med. Doc as well.

2)Any stage 4 cancer has already metastasized except for a few that respond to chemotherapy...

3)Most stage 4 or terminal stages eventually give up.

4)D Med. doctor/ consultant can't afford to make mistakes considering his DIGNITY and EMINENT Nigerians involved....

5)Most eminent Nigerians have LOST their wives to BREAST CANCERs even ABROAD..
So at this stage(4) is beyond having an Ambulance..

6)Cancer is very DEBILITATING...so at this stage(4) most patients are usually DEPRESSED and opt for suicide or mercy killing....MOST ho through EXCRUCIATING PAIN..
MOST CANCERS are worse than HIV..

7) Above all NO ONE IS ABOVE MISTAKES...not even the WHITE DOCTOR dat. Operated upon CHIEF STELLA OBJ..
coolRIP...take heart..

Taaaaaa!!! Ma guy
Park well
Everything else i'll agree on with you but No 4, guy! .......guy! ..............guuuyyy!!!shocked
Shey na mars u come from? Because e be like say e don tail u live for Naija oh!
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by BraniacX(m): 3:58am On Nov 21, 2014
InvertedHammer:

\
Chicken coming home to roost.

Btw, the bolded statement tells all there is to tell as well.

Death was already knocking at his doorstep

"We squander health
In search of wealth;

We scheme and toil, and save,

Then squander wealth
In search of health;

And all we get is the grave;

We live and boast of what we own;
We die . . . and only get a stone
."....Anonymous

/

Now this, I can quote without any emotion, well, I guess an inverted hammer drives the nail in faster and straight to the point
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by ican2020: 5:25am On Nov 21, 2014
[size=20pt]I do not trust Doctors
They can go on strike forever
[/size]
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Legit: 6:09am On Nov 21, 2014
timmilehin:

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/how-nigerian-doctor-killed-my-son-senjim-nwobodo

www.rockcitygist.com/how-enugu-doctor-killed-my-son-senator-jim-nwobodo/
Sorry, the so called doctors in Nigeria are just medical assistant in most advanced country, the medical schools in Nigeria are not equipped to proper learning, how can the so called medical produced well qualified doctors. I pray to god I never get sick in Nigeria.

It is time the polithiefcian feel the pain with their blood, maybe they will have a proper medical facilities and well trained doctors in nigeria. Im glad to have a choice, sorry for those who are stuck.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by toshmann(m): 6:12am On Nov 21, 2014
The information on his illness is scanty, but this is what I got so far, your son had stage 4 cancer. . . . and you're blaming the doctor for his death? undecided

Whatever the imperfections/incompetence of the doctor, a stage four cancer patient is at the last bus stop of life. Exit is not far away regards of the doctor/hospital/country.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by chukel(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2014
Jim nwobodo Is an idi.ot. To start with, did anybody notice where he said that the cancer was stage 4? That is the stage of metastasis. U can't do anything cos it has spread to the whole body. That was probably why they discharged him from the US so he won't die there. Or maybe they told him the truth and he decided to come back to limit expenses should he die there. Secondly, the fool Jim couldn't even make out time for his son he "so loved". It was only on the phone he had contact with him. When they tell government to encourage residency and churn out consultants, they will prefer to steal the money and use propaganda. I won't be surprised if that consultant is the only oncologist in enugu. Even as he is pushing towards his grave Jim remains a fool.

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by jamesjohn2010: 7:24am On Nov 21, 2014
stage four cancer anywhere has poor prognosis. wife of a former head of state died from one abroad. a former minister too died recently. dead that must be will be. RIP to the dead. stop projecting grief on a group. even the USA doctor may not help further. many of Nigeria doctors are there(over 21,000) doing well.

we will get it right soon
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Polithiefcian(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2014
Legit:
Sorry, the so called doctors in Nigeria are just medical assistant in most advanced country, the medical schools in Nigeria are not equipped to proper learning, how can the so called medical produced well qualified doctors. I pray to god I never get sick in Nigeria.

It is time the polithiefcian feel the pain with their blood, maybe they will have a proper medical facilities and well trained doctors in nigeria. Im glad to have a choice, sorry for those who are stuck.

What is this one saying undecided
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by orobopasiosio(m): 11:28am On Nov 21, 2014
that was how nwobodo killed surulere stadium, when he took the stadiun's generator to his village, when he was sport minister
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by john650(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Edusouls:
sorry jim, i bear with you in your pains of the loss of a son and a first son for that matter, i have lost a loved one, the pain is hell is tormenting to the soul, most people will talk senselessly re the ones that haven't lost loved ones,sorry man., it is the type of failed and disorganized system our leaders have built.. But cancer is a deadly disease, and it is a universal killer..may his soul r.i.p.
"It is the type of failed and disorganized system our leaders have built..."

Jim Nwobodo was former governor of the old Anambra State and a former Nigerian Senator. He was part of the disfunctional system that lead to the death of his son. All he did while in office was accumulate wealth and power. How many people did Jim Nwobodo directly or kill when he was a governor? I remember he had tugs terrorizing the state at the time.

May his son's soul rest in peace. He didn't bring the illness upon himself, but his father is not an innocent bystander.
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Legit: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Polithiefcian:

What is this one saying undecided
Can u read? Saying Nigerian education is USELESS. So called medical school are not condusive to learning, with filthy environment. Bright ppl without proper equiptment= bad learning
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
Shut the fck up, Cretinous Nwobodo.

Now you see the kind of service and quacks people like pendusky's family have to use and face almost certain death while you are flying your family abroad.

Now your corruption has come to bite your thieving arsse. Good!

1 Like

Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by Agunechibeya(m): 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
Jelo4kul:
Sorry. But you now know what it feels like to have all the money and still lose ur loved one. Some people do not have all that money. That tells you money ain't everything!!! RIP to your son wherever he is, I sacrifice my already prepared Ftc things again. DANCING UNCLAD ONTOP TRANSFORMER for your son. RIP brother. RIP buddy. till we meet in heaven. Nairalanders salute you.
this comment is stupid,senseless,insensitive and wicked.is it a crome to be wealthy?
Re: “how Enugu Doctor ‘killed’ My Son’ – Senator Jim Nwobodo by lebete3000: 1:47am On Oct 21, 2015
ican2020:
[size=20pt]I do not trust Doctors
They can go on strike forever
[/size]

But you trust Politicians that make life and work environment hell for the doctors after embezzling enough money and renegading on laid down agreement.

Clap for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Knowing Your Genotype And Blood Group / How Can One Determine The Sex Of Their Unborn Baby? / Mexican Woman Cut Open By Assailants Who Stole Her Unborn Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.