Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? (4768 Views)

8 Funny Ways Broke Guys Spend Their Christmas / 10 Things Broke Guys Normally Use To Entertain Female Visitors / See What A Lady Posted Online About Broke Guys Toasting Her & The Reply She Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
In a world where money is given so much importance, and the value of everything is measured in terms of it, it becomes difficult for those who lack or don't have enough of it (money) to matter in the scheme of things.

Everything in the world today has a price tag including love. I remember back in the days, it was totally different. I mean, love was difficult to find, but it wasn't because of money, rather it was largely based on emotions and people's ability to connect. If you were born before the new millennium, then, you understand what I'm saying. Then, spending money was not an issue in relationships because it wasn't the foundation on which it was built. If you spent money, it was solely because you wanted to, not because you needed to.

I remember the first relationship I had; I didn't spend a dime on this girl (who was supposedly the hottest in college at the time). The only time I spent on her was when I got her a gift (a set of earrings) which I did without breaking a sweat. She didn't ask me for nothing...not even $1. And this wasn't the case with me alone, but with every of my friend at the time. You may argue that this happened because we were all still very young, but how many younger men today (both in and outta college) can boastfully say they're in a relationship where they don't have to spend to keep the girl around? How many young girls today even want to date boys within their age circle? Things have completely changed, and with each passing moment, getting worse. Young women no longer date people of their age circle because they believe that most of them aren't financially stable enough to take care of them...but you look at it all critically, and you realize that The responsibilities that come with having a girl these days, even makes it more difficult for financially impoverished guys to find the courage to ask a girl out. You have to buy her weaves (which she changes every 2 or 3 weeks), take her shopping as often as every once in a month, irrespective of how much you earn, buy her toiletries and stuff, sometimes, you she even wants you to pay her rent/feed her. It's almost like you have to take full responsibility of the girls' upkeep...

And one begins to wonder---where do broke guys look to for love in a world such as ours? Does this trend mean they don't get to date or get married? Or do they have to wait till they make money before they get some loving? I mean, what happened to dating because you actually have real feelings for someone? I think It's crazy really, guys. Please, share your thoughts and experiences with me---do broke guys ever date? Ladies, would/have you dated any broke guys?

Source: www.elcrema.com/2014/11/11/women-and-money-any-hope-for-broke-guys/

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by ERCROSS(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nope..

No hope..

Absolutely NO..

Money rules the world...
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
Go and work and make money and dont b lazy, mitchewwwwwwwww.

This is hw u wil get married n u expect d woman 2 také responsibilities of d families.

2 Likes

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
ERCROSS:
Nope..

No hope..

Absolutely NO..

Money rules the world...
does that mean women these days are gold-diggers?

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Blebleswag:

This is hw u wil get married n u expect d woman 2 také responsibilities of d families.
you a gold-digger? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by michaelmo11(m): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Well there is little hope for those set of guys cos not all girls of nowadays are totally dependent on their male partners.
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by michaelmo11(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Blebleswag:

sister nau, the OP didn't mention that the woman would also be buoyant. What if the girl is also broke? Would there be hope for her, cos most guys nowadays don't want a liability.

2 Likes

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Houseofglam7(f): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
There's hope for broke guys......that just got jobs.....

3 Likes

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by dechandel(f): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
Take shopping once every month? shocked shocked
Pls where are the guys that would do this o
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Welrez(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Don't be deceived that money is not indispensable in a relationship. I could remember some years back when girls in my part of the country used to look for guys who they would even train in school and marry later. It is the opposite today where girls have come to embrace the financial culture so much that some are so addicted to it. My candid advice to my fellow men is to go and make money before thinking of conquering the female world. Until then, your case is with the Olympian gods.

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
All women are not the same
We don't look the same, we don't think the same, and certainly, we all don't want the same thing
All we have in common is a va.gi.na
For some of us, our choice isn't based on how fat his bank account is or his good looks

5 Likes

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Houseofglam7:
There's hope for broke guys......that just got jobs.....
lol. And the jobless?
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
you a gold-digger? undecided
Hehehe......na u sabi, i don ya ma mind
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Zeemoor:
All women are not the same
We don't look the same, we don't think the same, and certainly, we all don't want the same thing
All we have in common is a va.gi.na
For some of us, our choice isn't based on how fat his bank account is or his good looks
of course, I wasn't generalizing, but you'd agree that a large percentage of women today would never consider a broke guy for a relationship...

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by ERCROSS(m): 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
does that mean women these days are gold-diggers?

Yes..
But not all women..
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
dechandel:

Take shopping once every month? shocked shocked
Pls where are the guys that would do this o
lol. You'd trade a guy like that for your current man (that's if you're seeing someone)?
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2014
ERCROSS:

Yes..
But not all women..
there's hope then...
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
Op here is the logical truth,Men can never go backward sexually and Women can never go backward in lifestyle and to meet the lifestyle needs demands MONEY but guys tends to see it as MONEY MONEY MONEY without envisioning the reason which is their lifestyle and try as a man to quit making advances for sex...That sounds impossible right? So money gotta come into the picture however,As a REAL Niqqa,my advice is,since you know cash rule the world even with girls,why not quit girls and go for the cash and when done made it,then you could go for the ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
I never dated a broke guy. I've an expensive taste. I don't need your money but you need to match my status.

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Tymax(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Bro, let me tell u the fact. Do not be deceived. No hope for broke guy to get steady babe. Even all these hypocrite babes of nowadays (preaching love) will abandon a broke guy after one week.

Just go and get your money first if you want to land a good babe. All babes love money- in abundance. grin Get a nice ride too for extra insurance. cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by dechandel(f): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
lol. You'd trade a guy like that for your current man (that's if you're seeing someone)?
Sometimes it all about the financial security like they term it tongue
I have seen girls who don't ask a dime from their bf. They have there own money.. But nope.. They won't date a broke guy
And yep. I'm currently seeing someone.. My dad's pocket cheesy
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
of course, I wasn't generalizing, but you'd agree that a large percentage of women today would never consider a broke guy for a relationship...
You're absolutely right
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
Khalessi:
I never dated a broke guy. I've an expensive taste. I don't need your money but you need to match my status.
in essence, you're saying when it comes to dating, your taste is guided by a man's ability to meet your financial status rather than his ability to meet your emotional needs?
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
in essence, you're saying when it comes to dating, your taste is guided by a man's ability to meet your financial status rather than his ability to meet your emotional needs?
What am trying to say is I won't give any man that isn't up to my financial status the chance, I don't care if you are romeo or whatever. A relationship that the woman is more financially stable than the man is never going to last.

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by clubone05: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drove around ikeja..opebi..allen..to shop..if I tell u how many people gf I for collect today. ..u go say I dey lie..

girls make it too easy.
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
dechandel:

Sometimes it all about the financial security like they term it tongue
I have seen girls who don't ask a dime from their bf. They have there own money.. But nope.. They won't date a broke guy
And yep. I'm currently seeing someone.. My dad's pocket cheesy
lol. Your dad's pockets must be super.

Well, but why would I want financial security from someone else if I actually had my own money?

I think most women either just want to feed off guys or they do it for status (you know, so the society see them in a 'bigger light')
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
Khalessi:

What am trying to say is I won't give any man that isn't up to my financial status the chance, I don't care if you are romeo or whatever. A relationship that the woman is more financially stable than the man is never going to last.
I respect your opinion, but don't you think his financial strength can increase with time? Or you do not believe in building a relationship?
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by raziboi(m): 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
MMBM

money must be made!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by dechandel(f): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
lol. Your dad's pockets must be super.

Well, but why would I want financial security from someone else if I actually had my own money?

I think most women either just want to feed off guys or they do it for status (you know, so the society see them in a 'bigger light')
You see.. @khalessi has said it all.. A girl who is financially dependable can't date someone who is beneath her. It is very difficult to find a girl who would actually do that..
Tho i can do that. tongue no big deal sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
Being broke is different frm being poor,the former is temporary while the later is the other way round....i can cope with a broke guy nt a poor guy.....
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by Drahmah: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
dechandel:

You see.. @khalessi has said it all.. A girl who is financially dependable can't date someone who is beneath her. It is very difficult to find a girl who would actually do that..
Tho i can do that. tongue no big deal sef tongue
lol. If only you meant that
Re: Women And Money: Any Hope For Broke Guys? by dechandel(f): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Drahmah:
lol. If only you meant that
Damn serious

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Accurate Is Urine Pregnancy Test / Must Read Story: Home Alone With My Step Brother (21+) Season 5 Episode 1 / She Is Putting Me Under Pressure To Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.