Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? (48055 Views)

If U Where To Be Keshi Or Nff What Wil U Do To Change Super Eagles Stly Of Play / Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? / Nigeria Vs Colombia: A Better Eagles Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2014
oh my God!!! Pls lemme enrol u...i dont mind paying
xtripple:
Did Nigeria qualified?
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by princeoyedokun: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
hmmm ...... I think COACH STEPHEN KESHI should be blame for all this
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by princeoyedokun: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2014
hmmm ...... I think COACH STEPHEN KESHI should be blame for all this sadhmmm ...... I think COACH STEPHEN KESHI should be blame for all this
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2014
musa what u gotta be kidding. He is the major culprit here..waisted 3goals in 10mins.
brymoo:
Its simple,Sack keshi nd brng new coach buh mind u,nt foreign....nd moreso d likes of Omeru Azubekwe Emenike Mikel Onazi shuld b sacked along wit d coach....spare musa nd d rest
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by PocoAPoco57: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2014
xtripple:
Did Nigeria qualified?

Yes
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by PocoAPoco57: 10:42am On Nov 20, 2014
Mumugerians how market
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 20, 2014
all these politicians...toying with the heart of Nigerians since 1300BC
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by InAYear: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2014
Keshi is just a very stupid somebody. There i were sleeping my sleep, and upon a sudden sumbody rushed in my room and started blaming Jonathan for us not qualifying. Is jona on d sidelines? Take fucking control of your squad Keshi. You have like 9coaches on the touchline with u cos ure an incompetent prick. Dont u watch other leagues? Who do u see standing with mourinho on the sidelines? He can choose to play with 8men and nobody will question him cos he's competent.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by ElFenomeno1: 11:29am On Nov 20, 2014
All of them.

Absolutely all goddam single one of them!

#KeshiOut

#NFFOut

#PlayersOut
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by emperor94(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Innodon:
Plan well executed. ....There ha been a plan put in place, They never intended for Nigeria to go the Nations Cup because of Fear of Ebola. ..This is as simple as ABCD.
Exactly, Bt the thing is that they shud have told us.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by fm4real2k6(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
::::::#SuperEaglesOuster: In the spirit of blame-game::::::::
::::::#ClubFootballSystem: MISSING LINK IN OUR SUSTANINABLE FOOTBALL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT::::::

For me, i'll heap my blame solely on the Nigerian Club system, as important as they should be, they are the weakest link in our football development.

Imagine we have viable clubs, it will sure reflect in our league. A coach like Mr Keshi would've been involved in local clubs and even those ''ex-internationals'' who believe they can do better than Keshi, and it would've been more easier to know their strenght and weakness.

Imagine, the kind of players we will be producing in a viable clubs, they will be tactically and technically sound, mentally strong and scientifically driven added to their natural football talent.

Presently, many people have this fear about local players and coaches, not because they are not ''ok'' , but they have been a product of a wrong club-football system.

Obviously, there is a lot to clean up, and the clubs suppose to be the starting point. The clubs made the league. A bad leagus is a function of bad clubs.

We can not have large pool of talents couple with a matching Market and yet the club system that suppose to prime and showcase these talents to the ''appreciation'' of the market is riddled with stinking-ness.

The most annoying thing is the so called ''club owners'', meetings up and down, reviewing the league as though they have anything tangible they have contributed to better their respective clubs all along
For me, i wont blame the present "super'' Eagles players, they are not more than a average and their foregn-born counterpat are not any better.

We are duty-bound to develop our football from the home front. Ensuring good football culture and application of scientific approach to football coaching and management will have greater impact if we start from the home league.

I have always believe we are closer to our eldorado, all we just need is one bold and daring move to breakthrough into it.

We need to join hands in cleaning up the rot in our club football system through the club lincencing initiative, the community ownership initiative and every other initiatives that will add value to the system.

If Nigerian telecommunication sector can be liberated, and PHCN too is going through thesame, who says our club system cant be liberated?

Recent successes in our National teams engagements had obviously down to individual or some group of people brilliance.

Sustainable development and growth is what we need, and we willl only get that if we can channel our collective energy to clean up the rottingness in our club system.
We say enough is enough.

Fapohunda Olufemi John.
Follow on twitter: IamFOJ

www.fmbaba..com
www.naijaleague.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by amunites19(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
NFF is to be blame, these people have been acting like a kids, they couldn't organise themselves just fighting each other like thugs. Coach's mistake was playing too many defensive players 4 a must win match @ home.

1 Like

Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by 9jauk: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Obafemi Martins is getting better by day...Arguably the Seatle Sounders exploit,prolific scorer by all standard, apparently he makes some like Dempsy USA best striker looks like a super star....but no Keshi would not allow hi due. ..

Na Peper soup eh go dey chop n beer,combines with aunty ngozi steady.

Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by 9jauk: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
9jauk:
Obafemi Martins is getting better by day...Arguably the best Seatle Sounders exploit,prolific scorer by all standard, apparently he makes some like Dempsy USA best striker looks like a super star....but no Keshi would not allow hi due. ..

Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by robosky02(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Join the gist for all about the

NIGERIAS FEDERATIONS CUP FINALS 2014

EYIMBA VS DOLPHINS NIGERIAS EL-CLASICO :

Click here :

https://www.nairaland.com/2003527/federation-cup-finals-eyimba-vs/1
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Atoos(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Jelo4kul:
FTC again. God what have I done to deserve this. twice in front page. Running naked on the street
pishures oh
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by ceo003: 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
why wont keshi lose when he only choses players that dobale to him and kiss his
ahrse . grin
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by msmon(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has said it accepts the blame for the Super Eagles' failure to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.

The African champions finished third in Group A
following Wednesday's 2-2 draw with visiting South
Africa in Uyo.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick said it was a time for
sober reflection rather than looking for scapegoats.
"The NFF takes full responsibility for what has happened," he said.
"It is a tragedy for us to come so near and yet fail to
reach the finals."

Nigeria suffered a troubled qualification campaign
where they not only struggled with form on the pitch but also were affected by deep divisions in the NFF, while coach Stephen Keshi was in and out of the job.

History repeats itself
Nigeria also missed out on playing at the Africa Cup
of Nations finals in Equatorial Guinea in 2012 when
the country co-hosted with Gabon

Yet the team's victory over Congo on Saturday put
their fate in their own hands and a win against
already-qualified South Africa at home would have
sealed their place in the finals.
"We made so much effort and sacrifice in Congo to
achieve the victory we needed there on Saturday and really had no business bungling it here," added
Pinnick.

"However, our commitment is to build a sustainable
football culture in the country and nothing has
changed.
"This is a disappointment but for us, we gave it our
best shot and supported the team fully."

Pinnick, who had sanctioned the appointment of a
foreign coach before a presidential order led to
Keshi's return, said Wednesday's failure could turn
out to be blessing in disguise.
"This has happened but we believe it will work
together for us to toil hard and achieve a renaissance that will take Nigeria football to much higher heights than it has ever been," Pinnick's statement continued.

Under-fire caretaker coach Keshi admits his players
underestimated the South Africans, who have never
beaten Nigeria in a competitive fixture since 1993.
"Maybe we took South Africa for granted and we paid dearly for this." said Keshi.

Hull City striker Sone Aluko, who scored both of
Nigeria's goals, said the whole team was devastated.

"I am disappointed, everybody is disappointed," he
said. "We did not get the result we wanted and we
now have to pick ourselves up as a team."
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
mpowa:

So from your statement here, does it mean Uche is the reason why we lost, because i don't get you. Uche entered a team on the fall, and you expect him to perform a miracle all of a sudden, when uche was not playing where they winning? Winning is now foreign to them, check the statistics.

Even if Uche played well, we would still have lost because Uche alone does not constitute our better players that Keshi had left out, he reluctantly called him back but there are others who could compliment that he didn't call, it's a team game, not a one man show, at least he can now leave our football for good.
We started playing well in the Sudan game when Aluko was introduced. We beat Sudan 3-1 without Uche. So how is it because of Uche we started winning?
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
princeoyedokun:
hmmm ...... I think COACH STEPHEN KESHI should be blame for all this sadhmmm ...... I think COACH STEPHEN KESHI should be blame for all this
Coach Keshi can not be blamed for all this.

Let is start with the NFF. What were they thinking sacking him during this critical stage of the qualifiers? That delayed preparation.
The ex-Super Eagles players and journalist criticizing his every move. Look at what happened when he called up Aaron Samuel. It got messy.

What of the fans who became violent during the match as Sudan, which lead to the sack.

The Uyo fans were booing the team and encouraging the South Africans. A negative atmosphere when the team was down. Please Coach Keshi can not share the blame alone. He worked hard under terrible conditions.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
amunites19:
NFF is to be blame, these people have been acting like a kids, they couldn't organise themselves just fighting each other like thugs. Coach's mistake was playing too many defensive players 4 a must win match @ home.
The chances came. E South African midfielders could not penetrate. Was sad our attackers could not bury the chances created.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
9jauk:
Obafemi Martins is getting better by day...Arguably the Seatle Sounders exploit,prolific scorer by all standard, apparently he makes some like Dempsy USA best striker looks like a super star....but no Keshi would not allow hi due. ..

Martins had his chance and did not deliver. Coach Keshi gave him a chance and he did not perform well. We should stop looking back and start looking forward.

Players like Emem Eduok, Mfon Udoh, Aluko and Aaron Samuel should be given their chances.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Even brazilians booed their boys$coach(even cursed their president)when they lost scandalously against Germany,if you fail to deliver when it is most important most,you should expect such.
The Super Eagles had not failed. They were two goals down and had enough chance to turn the game around. Remember Atlanta? When we were down 3-1 to Brazil and Okocha missed a penal, do you think it would have been fair for our fans to start booing them?

That was a critical time for the fans to get behind the team. If Uyo remains the official playing ground of the Super Eagles, the fans should know they have a responsibility to support the team, even in trying times.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by mpowa(m): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We started playing well in the Sudan game when Aluko was introduced. We beat Sudan 3-1 without Uche. So how is it because of Uche we started winning?

I didn't say that we started winning because of uche, I meant we didn't lose because of him because that's what your post seems to imply, he won't perform miracle, the coach as setup a team that's bound to fail.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
mpowa:

I didn't say that we started winning because of uche, I meant we didn't lose because of him because that's what your post seems to imply, he won't perform miracle, the coach as setup a team that's bound to fail.
We have played better in every game Aluko came in recently. Check the stats. You will notice how our team pressurized the Bafana players after he came on.

Uche getting that starting role deserved to go to Aluko. With him, we would have played better.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Horus(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfkgYGz0lo

[size=15pt]Nigeria Does Not Need A Foreign Coach – Kuku[/size]
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by mpowa(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We have played better in every game Aluko came in recently. Check the stats. You will notice how our team pressurized the Bafana players after he came on.

Uche getting that starting role deserved to go to Aluko. With him, we would have played better.

It's Emmenike that ought to give way instead, how on earth will a coach keep fielding a player that had perpetually under performed, I mean he scored a goal last, a year ago, Uche scores for is club, perhaps if he was playing with a better player, he could have up his game.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
mpowa:

It's Emmenike that ought to give way instead, how on earth will a coach keep fielding a player that had perpetually under performed, I mean he scored a goal last, a year ago, Uche scores for is club, perhaps if he was playing with a better player, he could have up his game.
Emenike should have given way for Aaron Samuel and Uche for Aluko. Instead of bringing back Uche, Aluko should have been given his chance. Especially, after the Sudan performance.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by tuffgongjo(m): 6:45am On Nov 21, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
The Super Eagles had not failed. They were two goals down and had enough chance to turn the game around. Remember Atlanta? When we were down 3-1 to Brazil and Okocha missed a penal, do you think it would have been fair for our fans to start booing them?

That was a critical time for the fans to get behind the team. If Uyo remains the official playing ground of the Super Eagles, the fans should know they have a responsibility to support the team, even in trying times.
Lemmme just give a simple answer,a miss is as good as a mile.
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by zynzyn(m): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2014
msmon:

I have to post this immediately as we are on the verge of losing to South African at home for the first time in football history. I don't know if we have chance of qualifying if we eventually lose because I don't know the mathematics of football.

Who exactly is to blame for poor Eagles performance?

Was GEJ wrong to enforce Stephen Keshi?

What about the players attitude?

Keshi is technically deficient?

This question posed is not only on performance against South Africa but it's crystal clear Nigeria has hardly put up a good performance in 2014

The last result against Congo was great!

On order of Blame:

1. NFF: For refusing to give Keshi a better contract, which he deserved, on time!

2. KESHI: For not resigning on time so he would not be blamed for this mess! Also for believing a little too much in his team and not thinking he needed Ike Uche on time!

3. PLAYERS: For defensive complacency whenever they felt most confident of winning. We conceded 6 goals in what should have been our easiest 3 matches, and just 2 in the most challenging 3.

NEVERTHELESS, I BELIEVE KESHI SHOULD BE RETAINED. Pity he may not get a pay rise!
Re: Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? by Goke7: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2014
since the nff has come out to take responsibility, who are we looking for to blame again. I will put my blames in this order:

1. The Nff, they created too much confusion especially in connivance with our ignorant sports media that keshi was keeping our so called players out, thank God the magical uche played at last and we truly saw his magic, anybody making excuses for uche is ignorant.

2. The players: they were simply not good enough, now we know that all the excuses about artificial pitch na lie, God don catch them with wetin de play for uyo. Let's get it straight players like ambrose, echejeile, onazi, emenike [noise maker], uche [overrated], Egweke, omeruo [for now until he improves] should be shown the way out. If the next coach continue with these guys, nothing will change.

3. Keshi: am one of his fans, but he failed when it matters the most, he should not have started with some of the players listed above especially ambrose and emenike, they've been of our weakest links so far. It was criminal for aluko not starting especially with his performance in the previous games, with hope akpan injury, I was shocked not to see aluko. The way aluko played, if we had gone to afcon, he would have been another victor moses like in afcon 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Photos: Meet The World's Strongest Macho Women! / Rohr, Mikel Obi, Victor Moses, Iheanacho And Other Players Training In Uyo / Pogba & Ronaldinho Seen Vibing To Burna Boy's "On The Low" At Miami Night Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.