Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. (47800 Views)

Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / Borno Residents Commend Military Operation / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Yeske2(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Now the NA is doing what we want. God bless our gallant soldiers. We all know you can do it and even more.

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by linuses: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2014
let keep Nigeria moving forward. Forward Nigeria
We must not go back to the old ways
http://www.forwardnigeria.ng/?recruiter_id=54909

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by celeron40(m): 11:39am On Nov 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
You should be carrying this poster around campaigning for those terrorist.
You TANites are complete fools of the highest order..PDP is Boko Haram, Boko Haram is PDP---Andrew Azazi.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by bigiyaro(m): 11:42am On Nov 20, 2014
Has the boko boys stopped using sophisticated weapons? How come the NA is now retaking the towns?
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2014
tellwisdom:
Na people wey we suppose dey donate for be this, not one sick person drinking milo in his sick bed while these men are in war front with terrorists, combating to save him and his family...#Abeg, LetUsPray angry
Enyi, udo adikwa cheesy shocked
NB: I didn't quote Mr. Tellwisdom grin
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by ravensckar(m): 11:52am On Nov 20, 2014
Evathyst:
On d contrary Sir, U don't attack an opponent headlong dt is classic military blunder.
Aunty Bisola, e ku ise ilu o! Now, let me help you from that juncture.

The first reason why our Army will not defeat boko haram is because they don't seem to understand their kinda warfare. Contrary to wat many of us think, boko haram is not after territorial gain. Hence, dey tactically concede a territory after winning it. They are staging a guerilla kinda warfare and so cannot go confrontational. The reasons why they over-run some territories is to augment their supply of weaponry and foot soldiers. And also, for theatrical effect(to spread the wave of terror among citizens so as to make them seem larger than life). Guess what? It has been working. Even when a local bandit carries out a raid, it's boko haram's name that would be mentioned. When the fulani herdsmen raid a community, it's still boko haram.

To defeat this group, one shouldn't fight them headlong cos that will be foolhardy. Our military commanders should adopt Scipio Africanus' tactics which he used to defeat hannibal during Rome-Carthage war.
1- Attack the enemy's centre of gravity: It's no news that boko haram depend on some people's goodwill for weapons, ammunition supply, terrorist recruitment, training of foot soldiers, supply of food, supply of intelligence,etc. That is their centre of gravity. Except our military commanders unravel their centre of gravity and attack it, this insurgency is far from over.
2- Force the dynamics; by forcing the dynamics, our military commanders can compel the terrorist to make mistakes. For example, luring the terrorist to attack a town which is seemingly unprotected, only for our soldiers to appear from nowhere can really spread confusion through the enemy's rank. As they will begin to trade blames among themselves.
3- Deny them their much sought media hype; By compelling the media to downplay boko haram's supposed success and hype our military little success. That way, boko haram will not be seen as larger than life. Also, by compelling the media not to report their leaked video. The much attention they wish to get will be neutralised.

In conclusion, I'm of the firm opinion that our Government is not really sincere about this fight against corruption. Their lackadaisical approach coupled with the embezzlement of funds meant to pursue this war shows they are either the sponsors of boko haram or they stand to gain electoral benefit by allowing the war to continue.

I rise!

3 Likes

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by tellwisdom: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2014
chimkaire:
Enyi, udo adikwa cheesy shocked
NB: I didn't quote Mr. Tellwisdom grin

Gbossaaaaaaaa embarassed

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Vikkie14: 11:53am On Nov 20, 2014
BH are fighting a guerila warfare. They attack here and run to another. As the above commentator has outlined it, i support his view. The "Leaders" of the military are not "ready" to conquer this war cox of what they are amassing from it. Dont you get baffled that most of them are POT-BELLY?? How can a soldier be overweight and you want to outpace your foes. Military needs a complete overhaul. Is that not why a Holy book says : "how can 2 put thousands to flight(defeat) except their rock(leader) has forsaken them".
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2014
Boko haram branded HP laptop!
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
rigarmortis:

I was disappointed too, I was expecting the picture of buhari, with chains on his hands, legs and neck pleading for mercy for his financial, tactical, political and moral support bokohariM
K.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by ddonolu: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wats dis bullshit! I was expectn to see pix of soldiers in gun battle with the boko haram.... >/
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by spartoo: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
if they want an Islamic state I suggest they use Islamic weapons and gadgets... Tecno phones everywhere... brokeharam
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by spartoo: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
ddonolu:
Wats dis bullshit! I was expectn to see pix of soldiers in gun battle with the boko haram.... >/

follow the army around so u'll take the pictures whenever they are in battle
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by tomistelle(f): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
ebig21:
My name is BIGGY I am made of of spacebooking, what are you made of?

comot here
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Cannonleo(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
3cycle:
Saw smthn like this on circulation too.
Thumb's up guys.

who ever fabricated this brownian 50 cal double unto that tripod is a genius
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Cannonleo(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
Cubeet2:
That MRAP truck is an American Made anti ambush vehicle. So it was brought from America.
But America should also sell that Almighty Cobra attack helicopter to us na

Sorry bro dat big foot MRAP isnt american made..it is 100% chinese made.the only america madr MRAP we have is the streit couger which we bought direct from the manufacturers without any american govt influence
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by LOVEGINO(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
All na wash!
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Cannonleo(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
ravensckar:
Aunty Bisola, e ku ise ilu o! Now, let me help you from that juncture.

The first reason why our Army will not defeat boko haram is because they don't seem to understand their kinda warfare. Contrary to wat many of us think, boko haram is not after territorial gain. Hence, dey tactically concede a territory after winning it. They are staging a guerilla kinda warfare and so cannot go confrontational. The reasons why they over-run some territories is to augment their supply of weaponry and foot soldiers. And also, for theatrical effect(to spread the wave of terror among citizens so as to make them seem larger than life). Guess what? It has been working. Even when a local bandit carries out a raid, it's boko haram's name that would be mentioned. When the fulani herdsmen raid a community, it's still boko haram.

To defeat this group, one shouldn't fight them headlong cos that will be foolhardy. Our military commanders should adopt Scipio Africanus' tactics which he used to defeat hannibal during Rome-Carthage war.
1- Attack the enemy's centre of gravity: It's no news that boko haram depend on some people's goodwill for weapons, ammunition supply, terrorist recruitment, training of foot soldiers, supply of food, supply of intelligence,etc. That is their centre of gravity. Except our military commanders unravel their centre of gravity and attack it, this insurgency is far from over.
2- Force the dynamics; by forcing the dynamics, our military commanders can compel the terrorist to make mistakes. For example, luring the terrorist to attack a town which is seemingly unprotected, only for our soldiers to appear from nowhere can really spread confusion through the enemy's rank. As they will begin to trade blames among themselves.
3- Deny them their much sought media hype; By compelling the media to downplay boko haram's supposed success and hype our military little success. That way, boko haram will not be seen as larger than life. Also, by compelling the media not to report their leaked video. The much attention they wish to get will be neutralised.

In conclusion, I'm of the firm opinion that our Government is not really sincere about this fight against corruption. Their lackadaisical approach coupled with the embezzlement of funds meant to pursue this war shows they are either the sponsors of boko haram or they stand to gain electoral benefit by allowing the war to continue.

I rise!
Bro u made alot of sense until ur last 2 paragraph..the center of gravity ie in two key objectives our borders and the extended kanuri locals..deal with our borders then u take down obstacle 1..i will explain further later
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by mytym(m): 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
TechRev:
Bokoharam committing Haram. That laptop and phone na product of arabic education??

You dey mind dem, I'm still awed at their 'anti-sense' buh i'm not confused afterall it's been explained "...the Lord gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things that are not convenient."
#laptop#phones #western education
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Fellonigerians: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2014
God will continue guiding and protecting our soldiers as the fight for the survival of our great country, Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
ogene70:
Where are the dead terrorists? ....driving them off isn't enough.
How many times on TV have you seen ISIS members killed by US undecided

2 Likes

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Babprosper20(m): 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
WHERE THE PEOPLE DEAD BODY NA?
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by abrahamolusoji: 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
nairalandist:
When will they stop this chase-me-I-chase-you approach? It's really not helping things. Before you know it, Boko Haram may capture another town and chase the outnumbered soldiers there. . . And then the Army will gather other soldiers and chase them back!
Seriously, this is mediocrity at the highest level.

Why is the Nigerian Army wasting the lives of poor civilians in the North east when they know too well that they need more hands? Why isn't the NA recruiting more? Imagine the video shared by Sahara reporters showing 1 Nigerian Soldier to about 50 Boko haram men and he still managed to survive. It's when Soldiers aren't enough that they flee the battle ground. They are outnumbered by Boko Haram! The Nigerian Military should stop pocketing security budgets and recruit young and able bodied men. Boko haram isn't better equipped than the army, they aren't even as well fed as the army, their strength is in their numbers!
well said bro but will d govt remain committed to sustained provision of logistics? Is the govt ready to cope with the maintenance and training of the men even when the offensive against BH is over? U must know that all armies in d world consumes funds because defence budgets worldwide is heavy. Can the Nigerian govt sustain it budget for the military considering the erratic and unreliable provision of logistics for the men in arms.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Galadimabawa: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
TechRev:
Bokoharam committing Haram. That laptop and phone na product of arabic education??
u read my mind
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Jayclinics(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ahh, ahh!!!! Dis boko guys no dy tire? Cant dy see dat dy are not going any wia wit this war?
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
Honestly I don't like reading news like: arrested, captured, interrogated, detained a terrorist.
It should bombed, killed, shattered, destroyed the terrorists.
Bleep Amnesty International.

Kudos to our GREAT Millitary Men and Women.
(Not like some stupid internet warriors here on NL dat dream to destroy our democracy)

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2014
Babprosper20:
Sorry Dude,
They can't release that to the public, else AI and APigShit will start screaming 'GENOCIDE'.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by kmzee(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
May God continue to protect this country from
insane extremist called BH. Grace to ur elbow the
military God will surely see U thro redeeming your battered image home and abroad. Those
cowards amongst you be put to shame. God
will expose all those traitors amongst you and
their co-blood thirst demons in Jesus name...
Amen

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by erico2k2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
Babprosper20:
you want picture make them cry GENOCIDE again? abeg like this is GOOD.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by KirkMperor(m): 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
Great Job NA. You guys are doing well! Bravo Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Curiouscity(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
Oh my God! What happened to these peaceful and lovely Kilba towns. The remnant of the Kilba tribe live in Hong and Gombi LGAs. God save my friends down there.

The 2nd town is Pella not Pelia.
Re: DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
abrahamolusoji:
well said bro but will d govt remain committed to sustained provision of logistics? Is the govt ready to cope with the maintenance and training of the men even when the offensive against BH is over? U must know that all armies in d world consumes funds because defence budgets worldwide is heavy. Can the Nigerian govt sustain it budget for the military considering the erratic and unreliable provision of logistics for the men in arms.

Sir, I think it all rests in the hands of the military chiefs to table their needs to the government via the ministry of defence or even the presidency.

The government you're talking about are civilians who will never know what it's like to be at a war front. Even God wants us to table our needs before him.

If you've been following the whole Army vs Boko issue, you'll realise that the country has given so much to the military to boost its morale, but we still haven't gotten the right results. Imagine the former Army Chief of Staff going to contest for Governorship in Abia immediately after he left office. What kind of army chief is that? Where did he get the funds to push his ambition? We all know how politics is run in the country. This same issue was reported by the American ambassador to Nigeria to probe Ihejirika's sudden millions. The government is trying in terms of funding, let those pot bellied army chiefs do their jobs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Returns To Nigeria From UK After A Month Vacation - Punch / Millionaires Flee As IPOB Takes Over Nnewi South / John Aikpokpo-Martins: Constitution Requires Buhari To Crush Kanu, Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.