Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Borno Residents Commend Military Operation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Residents Commend Military Operation (22198 Views)

Nigerians Rescued During Last Military Operation In Yobe (Photo) / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. / 30 soldiers feared dead in Military Operation to liberate Gwoza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Published on Friday, 26 September 2014 05:00

Some residents of Maiduguri, Borno State, yesterday commended the military for efforts aimed at tackling the Boko Haram insurgency in the North-East.

They told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Maiduguri that with the current tempo of military operation against the sect members they were optimistic that the insurgency would soon come to an end.

Alhaji Jubrin Gunda, a lawyer, said it was obvious that the Boko Haram insurgency would end in a very short time going by recent developments in the campaign.

“The Boko Haram insurgents are in disarray now, most of their leaders have either been captured or killed,” he said.

“The field fighters are in a confused state; they have been surrendering to the authorities with their weapons en masse.”

“I believe that peace will return to Borno in a month’s time because the insurgency will die soon,’’ Gunda, who is also the Secretary of Borno Youths Vigilante group, known as Civilian JTF, said.

“Whatever happened in the past is gone. All what I know is that the military is ready to flush out the insurgents now and the efforts have been most successful,’’ he said.

“What is happening is that the insurgents are now getting fewer in number, even those staying in Bama or Gwoza do not stay in the night for fear of the military invasion. What they do is to appear in the day time and escape into their hiding places in the evening.”

The lawyer said a number of insurgents had been trying to escape from Sambisa forest to other parts of the state.

“Even those arrested in Biu on Tuesday were just trying to escape from their den, following the death of their leaders. So many others are also on the run to avoid being captured,’’ he said.

Gunda said that most of the field fighters were running because they were forcefully recruited into the sect.

“Most of them are villagers who were forced into the sect by the leaders. Since the leaders have been killed or captured, the fighters have no option but to run,’’ Gunda said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/35435-borno-residents-commend-military-operation

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2014
APC's Liar Muhammed was quick to issue press a statement criticizing the military and Nigerian govt when some of our solders fighting Boko Haram had some challenge that made them make a tactical manoeuvre into Cameroon.

So how come we've not heard any word of commendation or support from APC's Liar Muhammed for the Nigerian military for the successes recorded in the war on Boko Haram in the past 3 weeks?

Why is APC quick to condemn but slow to commend even on an issue that bother on national security and the safety of Nigerians?

These are some of the reasons why most Nigerians hold the opinion that Boko Haram is the armed wing of APC while APC is the political wing of Boko Haram.

APC plus BokoHaram equals twin EVIL of monumental proportion with cataclysmic consequence

156 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 26, 2014
I see tan operational head on NL is back
Tell your bosses in Abuja 2 stop the insurgency

15 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2014
Ibnsultan: I see tan operational head on NL is back
Tell your APC paymasters to call their BokoHaram footsolders to order. The firefighter will continue to do his best to put out the fire but it is in the best interest of ALL if those who start the fire are discouraged from doing so.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by 2cato: 7:20am On Sep 26, 2014
ur boss shekau is dead and where will that leave you and the rest of the APC supporter of APC footsoldiers on nairaland how will get human blood to drink? Sad.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by 2cato: 7:21am On Sep 26, 2014
ur boss shekau is dead and where will that leave and the rest APC supporter of APC on nairaland how will get human blood to drink? Sad.

6 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Amanwulu1(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2014
Sincere9gerian: APC's Liar Muhammed was quick to issue press a statement criticizing the military and Nigerian govt when some of our solders fighting Boko Haram had some challenge that made them make a tactical manoeuvre into Cameroon.

So how come we've not heard any word of commendation or support from APC's Liar Muhammed for the Nigerian military for the successes recorded in the war on Boko Haram in the past 3 weeks?

Why is APC quick to condemn but slow to commend even on an issue that bother on national security and the safety of Nigerians?

These are some of the reasons why most Nigerians hold the opinion that Boko Haram is the armed wing of APC while APC is the political wing of Boko Haram.

APC plus BokoHaram equals twin EVIL of monumental proportion with cataclysmic consequence
u know, my moral teacher taught me dat it's wrong to criticise one u're not willing to commend. Commendatn n criticism work 2gda to make a positive impact but d haters don't knw.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by kenbee(f): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
I refuse to believe that APC has hand in Boko haram anything only that they CRITICIZE DESTRUCTIVELY thereby distracting the FG, demoralizing and bringing morale of our military down and sending wrong signal to the masses.
They don't have luv 4 our country yet, they want to rule us! There silence since the current Nigerian Army victory confirms this !

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Why?
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Babyboy1986(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Dem try.. shocked shocked
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
For the 1st time in a longtime... They are feeling the FRESHNESS of the air of transformation.

10 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by ayusco85(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Sincere9gerian: APC's Liar Muhammed was quick to issue press a statement criticizing the military and Nigerian govt when some of our solders fighting Boko Haram had some challenge that made them make a tactical manoeuvre into Cameroon.

Trust me ur not far from the truth. Beats my imagination too why APC don't commend Nigerian Army. This stinks I tells ya

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Decapo: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Ok
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
D millitary has done a job well done.

4 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by pabon(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
They've done well

2 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Dahmum(f): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
Nigeria Soilders are blessed. We Ŀ♡√Ɛ them. Peace

5 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by koife(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2014
I think every well thinking nigerian should give our gallant soldiers the well deserved applause.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Elusive9(f): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
D
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by phransix147(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Clearly shows Nigerians are easy to Govern... U do well they will sing ur praises! We deserve better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
vv
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by kennyonthrone(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Kudos to my able and Gallant soldiers,u guyz rock!

D Boko haramz u see today,U shall see them no more.....!

4 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by pontirock(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
y U Dey Smoke For Early Morning

4 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by since2005(f): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2014
[size=40pt]2015 gimmicks!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Yess the military should be praised. They are really trying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Lilimax(f): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Fresh air!
Kudos to the Nigerian Soldiers and every other person that wish this nation well.
Shame on Bokoharam sponsors and sympathizers. embarassed
Nigeria will rise again.
God bless Nigeria and the citizenry smiley

12 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Bryan12(m): 7:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Thank God this is coming from the same people who lamented that NA were loosing the war against insurgency.They've finally swallowed their pukes.phewwww!

6 Likes

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by buoye1(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
God bless Nigeria!God bless NA

1 Like

Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by Wolison(m): 7:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Okay
Re: Borno Residents Commend Military Operation by lurvy: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2014
[size=14pt] smiley
Kudos to the Nigerian military!

I pray the military keeps up the tempo and also ensure our borders are properly sealed to prevent terrorists from sneaking into the country to perpetuate evil.

May the labour of our HEROES past never be in vain... its part of the national anthem.

My heart goes out to those who lost their lives, as a result of activities of terrorism.

RESPECT to all those who have been maimed, handicapped and also relatives who lost loved ones. May God grant you all succor and justice.

Lets all join hands and stamp out terrorism and senseless killings in the name of religion.

PEACE & LOVE to all Nigerians who love peace.

[/size]

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri Mosque This Morning (PHOTO) / Court Revokes Orji Kalu's Bail, Orders Arrest / Nnamdi Kanu Can Be Extradited To Nigeria - Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.