Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them (18519 Views)

Poll: Do You Think The Title Is Right?

No. I think they sincerely love our culture, irrespective of their personal gain.: 53% (35 votes)
Yes.: 46% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / African Culture Is Dying! / Do You Think African Models Should Create Their Own Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 5:39am On Dec 28, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Well! I don't know if I should be complimented that you think I am smart or offended that it took you this long to figure out that I am smart angry tongue

What say we wait until they actually ban us, eh? I think ahead but I don't jump the gun. . . ya know warramsayin'? wink

Bliss, eh? Hmmmm

which do u think i am referring to? a compliment or an offense? tongue tongue tongue

sometimes it is best to plan ahead

and yes bliss, am sure its gonna be a wonderful experience kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2008
na2day?:

which do u think i am referring to? a compliment or an offense?   tongue tongue tongue

I'll take compliment for 1000, Alex!

sometimes it is best to plan ahead

and yes bliss, am sure its going to be a wonderful experience  kiss kiss kiss kiss

Hmmm, Wonderful experience you say?

Then why am I suddenly reminded of that spider and fly poem. . .

*flashback Naija Movie style with the godawful background music*

Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly,

'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;

The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,

And I have many curious things to show you when you are there."

. . . and we all know how that ended.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

I'll take compliment for 1000, Alex!

taloje Alex?

Sisi Jinx:

Hmmm, Wonderful experience you say?

Then why am I suddenly reminded of that spider and fly poem. . .

*flashback Naija Movie style with the godawful background music*

Will you walk into my parlor?" said the Spider to the Fly,

'Tis the prettiest little parlor that ever you did spy;

The way into my parlor is up a winding stair,

And I have many curious things to show you when you are there."

. . . and we all know how that ended.

thank God i dont know the poem
. now on a more serious note, are u saying i am a fly who u r luring into ur web trap? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
na2day?:

taloje Alex?

Toloje Alex?!! shocked shocked shocked

Did I hear the question right?

Oh. . . only the best game shows evah!!! Duh! tongue

thank God i don't know the poem
. now on a more serious note, are u saying i am a fly who u r luring into ur web trap?  tongue tongue tongue

You don't know the poem hmm, okay maybe after you read it. . .

You will know who the lurer and who the luree is here in this sitch

Please pay close attention to the last verse. . . stanza. . . whatever.

*Clears throat, then begins to recite poem in the most dramatic fashion ever*

“Will you walk into my parlor?”
  Said a spider to a fly;
“’Tis the prettiest little parlor
  That ever you did spy.
The way into my parlor
  Is up a winding stair,
And I have many pretty things
  To show you when you’re there.”
“O no, no,” said the little fly,
  “To ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair
  Can ne’er come down again.”

“I’m sure you must be weary
  With soaring up so high;
Will you rest upon my little bed?”
  Said the spider to the fly.
“There are pretty curtains drawn around;
  The sheets are fine and thin;
And if you like to rest awhile,
  I’ll snugly tuck you in.”
  “For I’ve often heard it said
They never, never wake again,
  Who sleep upon your bed.”

Said the cunning spider to the fly,
  “Dear friend, what shall I do
To prove the warm affection
  I’ve always felt for you?
I have, within my pantry,
  Good store of all that’s nice;
I’m sure you’re very welcome—
  Will you please to take a slice?”
  “Kind sir, that cannot be;
I’ve heard what’s in your pantry,
  And I do not wish to see.”

“Sweet creature,” said the spider,
  “You’re witty and you’re wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings,
  How brilliant are your eyes.
I have a little looking-glass
  Upon my parlor shelf;
If you’ll step in one moment, dear,
  You shall behold yourself.”
“I thank you, gentle sir,” she said,
  “For what you’re pleased to say,
And bidding you good-morning now,
  I’ll call another day.”

The spider turned him round about,
  And went into his den,
For well he knew the silly fly
  Would soon be back again;
So he wove a subtle web
  In a little corner sly,
And set his table ready
  To dine upon the fly.

He went out to his door again,
  And merrily did sing,
“Come hither, hither, pretty fly,
  With pearl and silver wing;
Your robes are green and purple,
  There’s a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright,
  But mine are dull as lead.”

Alas, alas! how very soon
  This silly little fly,
Hearing his wily, flattering words,
  Came slowly flitting by;
With buzzing wings she hung aloft,
  Then near and nearer drew—
Thought only of her brilliant eyes,
  And green and purple hue;
Thought only of her crested head—
  Poor foolish thing! At last
Up jumped the cunning spider,
  And fiercely held her fast.

He dragged her up his winding stair,
  Into his dismal den
Within his little parlor—but
  She ne’er came out again!
And now, dear little children
  Who may this story read,
To idle, silly, flattering words,
  I pray you, ne’er give heed.
Unto an evil counselor
  Close heart and ear and eye;
And take a lesson from this tale
  Of the spider and the fly.

So now you know who is who. . . 
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 4:48am On Dec 30, 2008
@ Sisi Jinx

thanks for the dramatic poem, i can see clearly now that i am the fly and u are the spider but there is a difference though, in my case, i am willing to take the risk and test that web of urs, if i get caught na me go find trouble but if not, i am smart like that. so i will take ur offer bcuz u are worth the risk  wink
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 4:59am On Dec 30, 2008
Rotflmao! No cheating!! Read the poem and put it in the right context. How can you be the fly here when a blind person can see your spider web tightening around my neck?

If I let you have your way, the next thing will be someone doing this  over me.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2008
my spider web around ur neck and u still dey alive? are u saying my web na igbo made? angry angry angry angry na yab u wan yab me abi? if u wan yab me make u start with "u dey craze" make i know say true true na yab u dey yab me.

now on a more serious note, i am the fly, u are the spider, i will only accept that i am the spider if that smile of urs was swinging a wedding bell grin

Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao! No cheating!! Read the poem and put it in the right context. How can you be the fly here when a blind person can see your spider web tightening around my neck?

If I let you have your way, the next thing will be someone doing this  over me.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2008
na2day?:

my spider web around ur neck and u still dey alive? are u saying my web na igbo made?  angry angry angry angry na yab u wan yab me abi? if u wan yab me make u start with "u dey craze" make i know say true true na yab u dey yab me.

Don Allah, ina roko. . . ni bana so wahala wurin nan.

Funny, how you didn't think that maybe just maybe the blame lies on your Yoruba made web.

I hear you lot (i.e the men) are the kings of papapaism! tongue

now on a more serious note, i am the fly, u are the spider, i will only accept that i am the spider if that smile of urs was swinging a wedding bell  grin

Wedding bells eh?

Hmmm, I hear a bell but for some inexplicable reason this is the image that that comes to mind

Lalalalalalalalala
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 12:46am On Dec 31, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Don Allah, ina roko. . . ni bana so wahala wurin nan.

Funny, how you didn't think that maybe just maybe the blame lies on your Yoruba made web.

I hear you lot (i.e the men) are the kings of papapaism! tongue

let me clear up a few things, number one, yorubas dont make webs(they are not that smart)[s]the yoruba fire is about to descend on my head[/s] grin number two, i am not yoruba, number three, what the heck is papapaism?

Sisi Jinx:

Wedding bells eh?

Hmmm, I hear a bell but for some inexplicable reason this is the image that that comes to mind

Lalalalalalalalala

no that bell comes after the wedding bell has rung. the bell u seem to see is the bell that will ring when u knock out all the opposition (other babes) trying to snatch me from u grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by H2O2: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2008
na2day?:

let me clear up a few things, number one, yorubas don't make webs(they are not that smart)[sub]

the yoruba fire is about to descend on my head

What the f[i]u[/i]ck are you smoking? That was not a funny remark.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 12:57am On Dec 31, 2008
it is not? ok answer me this, hw many fake products have yorubas produced that is popular among nigerians? none? i thought so. now the prize goes to.-.-.-.-. IGBO! oya igbo people make una continue una good work jare  grin grin grin

H2O2:

What the f[i]u[/i]ck are you smoking?  That was not a funny remark.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 1:34am On Dec 31, 2008
Rotflmao!

And they say Hausas can't even find their way out way of a brown paper bag let alone make something good enough to be fake. . . . At the end of the day, it's all

So Acid my darling, relax okay? kiss kiss

na2day?:

let me clear up a few things, number one, yorubas don't make webs(they are not that smart)[s]the yoruba fire is about to descend on my head[/s]  grin number two, i am not yoruba, number three, what the heck is papapaism? 

What are you then?

Papapaism means fast, fast, chop, chop, get it done as soon as possible. Quantity not Quality. . . gerrit?

no that bell comes after the wedding bell has rung. the bell u seem to see is the bell that will ring when u knock out all the opposition (other babes) trying to snatch me from u  grin grin grin grin grin

You mean I gotta knock other girls out?

Hmmm. . . I don't know about that.

See, I have a strict no knocking out girls. . . only boys policy.

And I am way too lazy to fight. . . I'm a leisure kind of girl

Besides, why give a guy a big head over his small nothing grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 1:35am On Dec 31, 2008
na2day?:

it is not? ok answer me this, hw many fake products have yorubas produced that is popular among nigerians? none? i thought so. now the prize goes to.-.-.-.-. IGBO! oya igbo people make una continue una good work jare  grin grin grin

Kadan Kadan angry
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by doyin13(m): 1:36am On Dec 31, 2008
i am timing you oo. . . . .56 57 57

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 1:38am On Dec 31, 2008
doyin13:

i am timing you oo. . . . .56 57 57

tongue tongue tongue

Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by doyin13(m): 1:42am On Dec 31, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Besides, why give a guy a big head over his small nothing grin

Classic grin grin grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 2:06am On Dec 31, 2008
@ Sisi Jinx

can't i have the 2? quantity and quality undecided undecided

as per knocking other girls out, it is the price u pay for better thing now. grin grin grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 3:02am On Dec 31, 2008
doyin13:

Classic grin grin grin

Learnt from the best!
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 3:07am On Dec 31, 2008
na2day?:

@ Sisi Jinx

can't i have the 2? quantity and quality  undecided undecided

Another guy who knows nothing about finessing. . .     I weep! cry

You can't have quality if you shoot for quantity!!

Shoot being the operative word there. . . if you know warramean!

as per knocking other girls out, it is the price u pay for better thing now.  grin grin grin

And if I am doing this, when will I have the time to assess if you are Sisi-Worthy?

Hellooo. . .  grin grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 8:18am On Dec 31, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Another guy who knows nothing about finessing. . .     I weep! cry

You can't have quality if you shoot for quantity!!

Shoot being the operative word there. . . if you know warramean!

whatever happened to multitasking? cant i kill 2 birds with one stone i mean bullet? grin grin grin grin

Sisi Jinx:

And if I am doing this, when will I have the time to assess if you are Sisi-Worthy?

Hellooo. . .  grin grin

when we clock 50yrs young grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2008
na2day?:

whatever happened to multitasking? can't i kill 2 birds with one stone i mean bullet?  grin grin grin grin

Mister Na2day. . . are you proposing what I think you are proposing?

A Ménage a. . . well I never! What Kinda girl do you think I am? angry angry tongue

when we clock 50yrs young  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awww, how optimistic of you because if you plan on shooting multiple from one bullet,

You're gonna wear yourself out before 10.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Mister Na2day. . . are you proposing what I think you are proposing?

A Ménage a. . . well I never! What kind of girl do you think I am? angry angry tongue

my answer to ur question is on 3:33 of the clip below (Give me the green light girl)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hd-uklv-5g

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hd-uklv-5g[/flash]
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Awww, how optimistic of you because if you plan on shooting multiple from one bullet,

You're going to wear yourself out before 10.

i have fate on my side, i have gone pass 10. i tell u miracles happen cool cool cool cool
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2008
Rotflmao! Rotflamao! Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Look at you going on and on about what you can do. 

Ready to go right now, going at it all night.

Freestyling and all thinkin' you are a star

So sure of your prowess in and out of. . .

Aww, sweetie. . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7W6a_gQSM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 6:17pm On Dec 31, 2008
na2day?:

i have fate on my side, i have gone pass 10. i tell u miracles happen  cool cool cool cool

No if you keep shaking it up and down, begging for the green light like your alter ego in the video.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 9:20am On Jan 01, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao! Rotflamao! Rotflmao!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Look at you going on and on about what you can do. 

Ready to go right now, going at it all night.

Freestyling and all thinkin' you are a star

So sure of your prowess in and out of. . .

Aww, sweetie. . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt7W6a_gQSM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

what can i say, it is hard to be me, even i, am very impressed by me(i am someone that is hard to impress, so that is some great achievement right there) and the girls like me like that; seeing that u are a girl too, u are strongly advised to comply cool cool cool cool

Sisi Jinx:

No if you keep shaking it up and down, begging for the green light like your alter ego in the video.

u are missing the point of the song. the girl in the video asked, "what kind of girl u think i am?" and he replied, "the kind u meet in a club!" and that is my word for u madam tongue tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2009
u are missing the point of the song. the girl in the video asked, "what kind of girl u think i am?" and he replied, "the kind u meet in a club!" and that is my word for u madam  tongue tongue

Okay, if that's who I am. . . what does that make you?

The guy hollering and begging for just one go at it. . . from the kind of girl you meet in a club. shocked shocked

Who is missing the point now. . . Sir? tongue
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 11:48pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ Sisi Jinx

first, happy new yr. i will let the pass be the pass, old arguments are passed away, behold all arguments will become new grin grin grin bring ur best shot and it better be good, mean while my offer for u to be my girl is till open, dont be shy cool cool cool cool
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 1:39am On Jan 02, 2009
Rotflmao!!!

Past is Past, Let bygones be bygones, Look to the future, forget the past?

Hmmmm. . . . nah! I mean where is the fun in that? grin grin

Sell yourself to me, tell me why you think are worthy?

You have ten seconds  cool

Happy New Year, swerri!
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by Hauwa1: 1:43am On Jan 02, 2009
Jinx and Michelin89 OP, happy New year fa.
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by na2day2(m): 7:12am On Jan 02, 2009
what do u mean sell myself? can't u read the label and the ingredients listed on the back of the product pack?

Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao!!!

Past is Past, Let bygones be bygones, Look to the future, forget the past?

Hmmmm. . . . nah! I mean where is the fun in that? grin grin

Sell yourself to me, tell me why you think are worthy?

You have ten seconds  cool

Happy New Year, swerri!
Re: Men Don't Think African Culture Is The Best. They Like It Because It Favors Them by SisiJinx: 7:36pm On Jan 02, 2009
na2day?:

what do u mean sell myself? can't u read the label and the ingredients listed on the back of the product pack?

The label is so thoroughly worn out, I can't read anything on it. . . lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Igwe Of Nnewi Colourful Ofala Festival: Pictures & Video / Great Benin descendants thread / On My Coronation Day ,I Wept And I Thought I Was Going To Die , Says Olubadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.